Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums > General Discussion > Chit Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-6-2019, 04:49 PM   #81
flashflash account
FFR Player
 
flashflash account's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: On a mountain in a desert
Posts: 386
Default Re: El Paso and Dayton Shootings (SERIOUS TOPIC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
no one is saying that
people are saying "insane" isn't the right word
So then what's wrong with them?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
Iíve demonstrated self-awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
flashflash account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-6-2019, 04:52 PM   #82
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Charu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 28
Posts: 6,970
Default Re: El Paso and Dayton Shootings (SERIOUS TOPIC)

Mental illness (shooter being crazy) being used as a "reason" here is pretty silly in my opinion.

Poor/clouded judgement is more appropriate I believe. They have reasons, but as I said in my only post in this thread, it's usually something extremely petty, grudge-like even, or tied to religion and beliefs.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-6-2019, 04:53 PM   #83
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~
 
DaBackpack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: unlikely
Age: 26
Posts: 823
Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack
Default Re: El Paso and Dayton Shootings (SERIOUS TOPIC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
No I don't think you can reasonably say "this person was willing to kill other humans" and say there was absolutely nothing wrong with them
You and Sanji are just repeating mindless conservative rhetoric whether you realize it or not. See how your pedantry has shifted the entire conversation towards mental illness and crazy people?

This quote is quite literally a strawman. No one is saying that "nothing is wrong with the shooters." The actual questions are:

1) Is actual, clinical mental illness a measurable cause for mass shootings (answer: no), and
2) Are we okay with conversatives making this about mental illness without ALSO EXPLORING OTHER FACTORS

I mean for FUCK'S SAKE, WE HAVE THIS SAME CONVERSATION AFTER EVERY SHOOTING FOR 20 YEARS.

And nothing fucking changes! Nothing happens! Because the fucking NRA says "it was just a crazed lone wolf!" and politicians can't speak out because the NRA is throat-fucking them to death.

How hard is this to actually accept??????
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-6-2019, 04:53 PM   #84
flashflash account
FFR Player
 
flashflash account's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: On a mountain in a desert
Posts: 386
Default Re: El Paso and Dayton Shootings (SERIOUS TOPIC)

These people are at the very least morally deviant and while to some extent that is usually fine it's escalated to like
Not valuing human life
And that's beyond just not fitting in with society. That's legitimately primevally wrong somehow, it can't be normal for anyone
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
Iíve demonstrated self-awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
flashflash account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-6-2019, 04:54 PM   #85
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Community Manager, Global Moderator, User Support
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
devonin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Age: 35
Posts: 10,071
Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin
Default Re: El Paso and Dayton Shootings (SERIOUS TOPIC)

Nobody has said there's nothing 'wrong' with them. They have anger issues, they have entitlement issues, they have privilege issues, they have issues with expressing their feelings in harmful ways. These things are not mental illnesses.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-6-2019, 04:55 PM   #86
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 25
Posts: 296
Default Re: El Paso and Dayton Shootings (SERIOUS TOPIC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
So then what's wrong with them?
you're running into the same problem; with each one, its not a matter of "what's wrong with them" because you're looking for some umbrella way of viewing them all as the same

the Pulse Nightclub shooter had internalized homphobia iirc (less informed about this one; someone could correct me)

the Port Arthur shooter hated the world and everyone in it

the Columbine shooters were on the bottom of the social order and wanted to lash out against those that put them there

some shootings are racially/religiously motivated

the unifying point, for me, is not that they are "insane" but that they have a problem with something so extreme that they are willing to go to such lengths, for whatever reason, in response to the problem

some people are definitely insane I remember a story about someone who thought he was in the game World of Warcraft, for example

I might not be doing this point justice though
__________________
tell me to finish the TWG stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arntonach View Post
Wait, V has a pregnant wife? I thought he was gay with sun fan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingyman View Post
FUN FACT #3
Disregarding Season 1 (because communities were able to send more than one player back then), here is a ranking of community performances in the Mafia Championship:
+3 finale appearances
Flash Flash Revolution (4 finale spots with 1 sub + 1 wildcard spot)
Dark Lord Potter (3 finale spots + 2 wildcards with 1 sub)
MafiaManiac (3 finale spots + 1 wildcard spot)
Super Mafia All Stars (3 finale spots + 1 wildcard spot)
GameFAQs (3 finale spots)
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-6-2019, 04:56 PM   #87
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~
 
DaBackpack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: unlikely
Age: 26
Posts: 823
Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack
Default Re: El Paso and Dayton Shootings (SERIOUS TOPIC)

Like holy shit, the El Paso shooter LITERALLY TOLD US that he wanted to kill Mexicans and was inspired by people using xenophobic rhetoric.

The answer is literally staring you in the face. You don't even have to guess what he was thinking. He literally told you in his own words.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-6-2019, 04:56 PM   #88
flashflash account
FFR Player
 
flashflash account's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: On a mountain in a desert
Posts: 386
Default Re: El Paso and Dayton Shootings (SERIOUS TOPIC)

The pulse nightclub shooter was gay lol
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
Iíve demonstrated self-awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
flashflash account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-6-2019, 04:58 PM   #89
flashflash account
FFR Player
 
flashflash account's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: On a mountain in a desert
Posts: 386
Default Re: El Paso and Dayton Shootings (SERIOUS TOPIC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
Like holy shit, the El Paso shooter LITERALLY TOLD US that he wanted to kill Mexicans and was inspired by people using xenophobic rhetoric.

The answer is literally staring you in the face. You don't even have to guess what he was thinking. He literally told you in his own words.
But how can anyone bring themselves to that point
Murder isn't just some form of like "hey I feel like being bad what's something bad I can do" it's the ultimate act of restriction of freedom
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
Iíve demonstrated self-awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
flashflash account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-6-2019, 04:58 PM   #90
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~
 
DaBackpack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: unlikely
Age: 26
Posts: 823
Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack
Default Re: El Paso and Dayton Shootings (SERIOUS TOPIC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
The pulse nightclub shooter was gay lol
You are ill-equipped to contribute anything meaningful to this discussion
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-6-2019, 04:59 PM   #91
flashflash account
FFR Player
 
flashflash account's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: On a mountain in a desert
Posts: 386
Default Re: El Paso and Dayton Shootings (SERIOUS TOPIC)

All I'm saying is if America was 300 million of me, gun violence wouldn't be an issue
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
Iíve demonstrated self-awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
flashflash account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-6-2019, 05:01 PM   #92
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 25
Posts: 296
Default Re: El Paso and Dayton Shootings (SERIOUS TOPIC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
The pulse nightclub shooter was gay lol
looks like my info is outdated and that wasn't the case
__________________
tell me to finish the TWG stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arntonach View Post
Wait, V has a pregnant wife? I thought he was gay with sun fan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingyman View Post
FUN FACT #3
Disregarding Season 1 (because communities were able to send more than one player back then), here is a ranking of community performances in the Mafia Championship:
+3 finale appearances
Flash Flash Revolution (4 finale spots with 1 sub + 1 wildcard spot)
Dark Lord Potter (3 finale spots + 2 wildcards with 1 sub)
MafiaManiac (3 finale spots + 1 wildcard spot)
Super Mafia All Stars (3 finale spots + 1 wildcard spot)
GameFAQs (3 finale spots)
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-6-2019, 05:02 PM   #93
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 25
Posts: 296
Default Re: El Paso and Dayton Shootings (SERIOUS TOPIC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
All I'm saying is if America was 300 million of me, gun violence wouldn't be an issue
lol
well, its not, so what are you doing here then?
__________________
tell me to finish the TWG stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arntonach View Post
Wait, V has a pregnant wife? I thought he was gay with sun fan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingyman View Post
FUN FACT #3
Disregarding Season 1 (because communities were able to send more than one player back then), here is a ranking of community performances in the Mafia Championship:
+3 finale appearances
Flash Flash Revolution (4 finale spots with 1 sub + 1 wildcard spot)
Dark Lord Potter (3 finale spots + 2 wildcards with 1 sub)
MafiaManiac (3 finale spots + 1 wildcard spot)
Super Mafia All Stars (3 finale spots + 1 wildcard spot)
GameFAQs (3 finale spots)
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-6-2019, 05:04 PM   #94
flashflash account
FFR Player
 
flashflash account's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: On a mountain in a desert
Posts: 386
Default Re: El Paso and Dayton Shootings (SERIOUS TOPIC)

So it's really freakin easy to structure an argument where guns aren't a problem because for the vast majority of people they aren't

I think at this point gun control is largely symbolic and as an antifederalist it's not something I believe should happen in any large form because of that

Normal people also shouldn't have access to instruments literally for the purpose of killing people but I'm not even sure how one would get something like that without having to step through hoops anyway
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
Iíve demonstrated self-awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
flashflash account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-6-2019, 05:06 PM   #95
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Community Manager, Global Moderator, User Support
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
devonin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Age: 35
Posts: 10,071
Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin
Default Re: El Paso and Dayton Shootings (SERIOUS TOPIC)

Quote:
the Pulse Nightclub shooter had internalized homphobia iirc (less informed about this one; someone could correct me)
I recall reading that the fact that it was a gay club had nothing to do with the selection at all, and that there was evidence on his computer that he was basically looking around for any place that would be really crowded that day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
The pulse nightclub shooter was gay lol
"However, according to federal law enforcement officials, the FBI suspects the witnesses claiming Mateen's homosexuality could be mistaken, and has doubts that Mateen was gay. Law enforcement sources said the FBI found no photographs, text messages, smartphone apps, pornography, or cell tower location data to suggest Mateen lived a gay life, closeted or otherwise"
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-6-2019, 05:06 PM   #96
flashflash account
FFR Player
 
flashflash account's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: On a mountain in a desert
Posts: 386
Default Re: El Paso and Dayton Shootings (SERIOUS TOPIC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
looks like my info is outdated and that wasn't the case
It goes both ways
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
Iíve demonstrated self-awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
flashflash account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-6-2019, 05:09 PM   #97
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 25
Posts: 296
Default Re: El Paso and Dayton Shootings (SERIOUS TOPIC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
So it's really freakin easy to structure an argument where guns aren't a problem because for the vast majority of people they aren't
to make a false equivalency, for the vast majority of people, cancer isn't a problem
__________________
tell me to finish the TWG stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arntonach View Post
Wait, V has a pregnant wife? I thought he was gay with sun fan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingyman View Post
FUN FACT #3
Disregarding Season 1 (because communities were able to send more than one player back then), here is a ranking of community performances in the Mafia Championship:
+3 finale appearances
Flash Flash Revolution (4 finale spots with 1 sub + 1 wildcard spot)
Dark Lord Potter (3 finale spots + 2 wildcards with 1 sub)
MafiaManiac (3 finale spots + 1 wildcard spot)
Super Mafia All Stars (3 finale spots + 1 wildcard spot)
GameFAQs (3 finale spots)
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-6-2019, 05:11 PM   #98
flashflash account
FFR Player
 
flashflash account's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: On a mountain in a desert
Posts: 386
Default Re: El Paso and Dayton Shootings (SERIOUS TOPIC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
to make a false equivalency, for the vast majority of people, cancer isn't a problem
And it still kills more people than guns right
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
Iíve demonstrated self-awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
flashflash account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-6-2019, 05:11 PM   #99
ULTIMEGA
Sing for the moment
FFR Veteran
 
ULTIMEGA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Age: 27
Posts: 1,132
Default Re: El Paso and Dayton Shootings (SERIOUS TOPIC)

I'm honestly glad that everyone is being very mature and civilized about this topic. I was kind of worried that something was gonna go off the rails at this point.

This is why I love this community. Not only that, some of you guys have brought up a lot of good points.
__________________
Subscribe To My Channel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
@ULTIMEGA, dank meme genie.

HIGHEST AAA: Poison of the Earth [88]
HIGHEST SDG: WANDERLUST [93] (5-0-0-0)
HIGHEST FC: Epileptic Crisis [100]
HIGHEST SCORE: Magical 8 Bit Tour [99] (13-1-0-3)
ULTIMEGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-6-2019, 05:11 PM   #100
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Charu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 28
Posts: 6,970
Default Re: El Paso and Dayton Shootings (SERIOUS TOPIC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
But how can anyone bring themselves to that point
Murder isn't just some form of like "hey I feel like being bad what's something bad I can do" it's the ultimate act of restriction of freedom
Sometimes, people get so angry they do the dumbest things because they believe they're actions, however terrible, justifies whatever "reason" they had.

I'm sure you've done something stupid when you're angry.

And if it's not directly anger, then it's indirect anger with a desire to send a message because you're fed up something that's causing you anguish.

...

Actually makes me wonder if any of the shooters that haven't committed suicide after the fact ever regret their decision to shoot once they've spent some time in prison.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution