Old 05-17-2019, 06:11 PM   #161
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author
 
MixMasterLar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Emerald Coast
Posts: 4,883
Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: fuck Georgia

I'm just going to show support to SunFan's posts and point out that if you're thinking the best course of action is not to try and reach out and stop demonizing people who disagree with you, you are probably doing it wrong.

Some people in this thread are vocally saying that it isn't favorable to even try to reason with the far right. Just remember that if you try to force an "All or Nothing" outcome you may just roll on nothing.
__________________

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Puchi Carat
Like Breakout, but a little extra





Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
Achievement unlocked: reading the setup
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Mad Dummy (Neee) View Post
But, I mean, shado claimed to seer check his N0 on N4, so obvs there's some NEXT LEVEL SHIT going down..
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I have beat my meat to storn's posts no less than four times
.
MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 06:19 PM   #162
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~
 
DaBackpack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: unlikely
Age: 26
Posts: 823
Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack
Default Re: fuck Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
I'm just going to show support to SunFan's posts and point out that if you're thinking the best course of action is not to try and reach out and stop demonizing people who disagree with you, you are probably doing it wrong.

Some people in this thread are vocally saying that it isn't favorable to even try to reason with the far right. Just remember that if you try to force an "All or Nothing" outcome you may just roll on nothing.
We've been trying to reach out to pro-lifers for fucking decades now and look at where we are now. What the hell are we supposed to do?

Historically there are cases where "peaceful, collaborative discussion" flat-out doesn't work (...most American civil rights movements succeeded on account of aggression, revolution, and occasionally violence.) So my suggestion is that if bigots aren't willing to compromise, neither should we.

Again, people in power have no reason to compromise with the rest of us until it becomes their problem.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 06:22 PM   #163
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~
 
DaBackpack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: unlikely
Age: 26
Posts: 823
Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack
Default Re: fuck Georgia

People so often default to, "you should be peaceful and civil, if you're not civil you're just like them!!!!!!!!", not realizing that

1) we've fucking tried
2) this attitude reinforces the status-quo because it suggests that the only way to make progress is to get down on our knees and suck-off the patriarchy instead of, you know, challenging the institution itself
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 06:22 PM   #164
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Community Manager, Global Moderator, User Support
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
devonin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin
Default Re: fuck Georgia

What is the peaceful middle ground between
"I want to have control of my body"
and
"I want you to not have control of your body"?
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 06:27 PM   #165
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~
 
DaBackpack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: unlikely
Age: 26
Posts: 823
Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack
Default Re: fuck Georgia

__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 06:45 PM   #166
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 25
Posts: 296
Default Re: fuck Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
What is the peaceful middle ground between
"I want to have control of my body"
and
"I want you to not have control of your body"?
there isn't a middle ground
there doesn't need to be a middle ground
__________________
tell me to finish the TWG stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arntonach View Post
Wait, V has a pregnant wife? I thought he was gay with sun fan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingyman View Post
FUN FACT #3
Disregarding Season 1 (because communities were able to send more than one player back then), here is a ranking of community performances in the Mafia Championship:
+3 finale appearances
Flash Flash Revolution (4 finale spots with 1 sub + 1 wildcard spot)
Dark Lord Potter (3 finale spots + 2 wildcards with 1 sub)
MafiaManiac (3 finale spots + 1 wildcard spot)
Super Mafia All Stars (3 finale spots + 1 wildcard spot)
GameFAQs (3 finale spots)
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 06:46 PM   #167
XelNya
Kaho
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
XelNya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,639
Default Re: fuck Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Some people in this thread are vocally saying that it isn't favorable to even try to reason with the far right.
I don't know if you've seen the video of them passing this: but based on that alone, it's actually not.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
im honestly more concerned about the lack of light i get because of all the shade i'm throwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
"oh no how bad does t-force loo-"

"oh it's just his face"
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 06:49 PM   #168
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 25
Posts: 296
Default Re: fuck Georgia

I am aware that these biases are internalized. I am aware that people, at least the vast majority, don't support subjugation of women.

I was not aware that many pro-life women who get abortions view themselves as special cases, that one was new and eye-opening.

I forget where I was going with this after this but I do want to say that like
I'm just glad that people seem to be aware of the fact that its not a desire to subjugate women that is the prevailing reason behind the pro-life movement at a conscious level. It felt like people were saying otherwise.
__________________
tell me to finish the TWG stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arntonach View Post
Wait, V has a pregnant wife? I thought he was gay with sun fan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingyman View Post
FUN FACT #3
Disregarding Season 1 (because communities were able to send more than one player back then), here is a ranking of community performances in the Mafia Championship:
+3 finale appearances
Flash Flash Revolution (4 finale spots with 1 sub + 1 wildcard spot)
Dark Lord Potter (3 finale spots + 2 wildcards with 1 sub)
MafiaManiac (3 finale spots + 1 wildcard spot)
Super Mafia All Stars (3 finale spots + 1 wildcard spot)
GameFAQs (3 finale spots)
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 06:53 PM   #169
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 25
Posts: 296
Default Re: fuck Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
I don't know if you've seen the video of them passing this: but based on that alone, it's actually not.
It has to be worthwhile
I know this is the last person I can convince of this ITT but, to steal a quote here, "There are good people on both sides"

but like
actually the truth this time

its as DBP mentioned, it is through normalcy via interactions (usually family members or very close friends) that not being straight has become more acceptable in America.

Abortion is an incredibly controversial topic for sure, but I know if there is more open discussion instead of closing off the other side as being utterly ridiculous, progress will be made.

The things that those women were saying to themselves about having their own special cases really speak to when I was discovering I liked men. I believe progress can be made as a result of this.
__________________
tell me to finish the TWG stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arntonach View Post
Wait, V has a pregnant wife? I thought he was gay with sun fan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingyman View Post
FUN FACT #3
Disregarding Season 1 (because communities were able to send more than one player back then), here is a ranking of community performances in the Mafia Championship:
+3 finale appearances
Flash Flash Revolution (4 finale spots with 1 sub + 1 wildcard spot)
Dark Lord Potter (3 finale spots + 2 wildcards with 1 sub)
MafiaManiac (3 finale spots + 1 wildcard spot)
Super Mafia All Stars (3 finale spots + 1 wildcard spot)
GameFAQs (3 finale spots)
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 07:06 PM   #170
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Community Manager, Global Moderator, User Support
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
devonin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin
Default Re: fuck Georgia

That the desire to subjugate women is subconscious makes it -worse- than if it were conscious. At least evil people have the benefit of their convictions. People who are subconsciously evil go through life not understanding the damage they do.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 07:10 PM   #171
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~
 
DaBackpack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: unlikely
Age: 26
Posts: 823
Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack
Default Re: fuck Georgia

If I can liken the pro-life movement as a cult (I know that's a super-loaded term but just for the sake of analogy)

* The cult leaders have vested interest in preventing the legalization of abortion. It is not (purely) ideological, it is self-serving: maintaining and upholding the power of man and church.
* The cult leaders have a very straightforward and seemingly indisputable position: "life is precious. We should not kill babies." Anybody who attacks this point head-on looks like a sociopath. This allows the idea to permeate through the public consciousness without much resistance.
* Many followers accept this position at face-value. This does not make them "evil" in the sense that they are motivated by malice. They are complicit in a malicious agenda. This does not make them without sin: knowingly or not, they are the vehicle by which harmful ideological policies are adopted.

This is me giving the movement the benefit of the doubt since it's impossible to prove that most pro-lifers knowingly are subjugating women (I do, however, think this population is not as trivial as you make it seem.)

Your argument (sunfan) is what I would call "vacuously true." Its truth value isn't actually relevant to the conversation. When I first saw your posts it seemed like an attempt to disarm the argument about how the movement is rooted in misogyny by saying something that is "technically true but is irrelevant": a red herring. Surely there are "good people" that are pro-life.

Whether you realize it or not your "good people" argument is a perfect illustration of this idea in the context of the Charlottesville protests. The reason why Trump got so much shit for his "good people" comment isn't because he was WRONG. Mathematically speaking there have to be some people that you might call "good" on the alt-right side. This was never the issue.

The issue is that Donald Trump said this specifically to deflect attention off the horrific ideology that the movement represented. When we say, "the alt-right has some extremely dangerous opinions" and you respond with "well, not all of them are bad people," you are implicitly supporting those opinions whether you realize it or not.

It reads as an attempt to normalize those behaviors, or, otherwise, it reads as a way to distract people from engaging head-on with the real, tangible bigotry that IS there.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic

Last edited by DaBackpack; 05-17-2019 at 07:13 PM..
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 07:14 PM   #172
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 25
Posts: 296
Default Re: fuck Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
That the desire to subjugate women is subconscious makes it -worse- than if it were conscious. At least evil people have the benefit of their convictions. People who are subconsciously evil go through life not understanding the damage they do.
So teach them. Be the difference you want to see in the world.
__________________
tell me to finish the TWG stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arntonach View Post
Wait, V has a pregnant wife? I thought he was gay with sun fan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingyman View Post
FUN FACT #3
Disregarding Season 1 (because communities were able to send more than one player back then), here is a ranking of community performances in the Mafia Championship:
+3 finale appearances
Flash Flash Revolution (4 finale spots with 1 sub + 1 wildcard spot)
Dark Lord Potter (3 finale spots + 2 wildcards with 1 sub)
MafiaManiac (3 finale spots + 1 wildcard spot)
Super Mafia All Stars (3 finale spots + 1 wildcard spot)
GameFAQs (3 finale spots)
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 07:17 PM   #173
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~
 
DaBackpack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: unlikely
Age: 26
Posts: 823
Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack
Default Re: fuck Georgia

As a simpler analogy, if I said "Neo-Nazism is an evil ideology" and you responded with "well, Richard Spencer has done charity work and volunteerism", you are invoking a textbook red herring fallacy. You are forcing me to focus on the character of Richard Spencer instead of making headway on the central topic of discussion: Neo-Nazism.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic

Last edited by DaBackpack; 05-17-2019 at 07:19 PM..
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 07:41 PM   #174
V-Ormix
scan and band
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
V-Ormix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Age: 26
Posts: 4,525
Default Re: fuck Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiyanwannabe View Post
wft is this, uh this is a forum for a rhythm flash game. That being said I am extremely surprised that admins don't censor or ban controversial forum posts. I am actually quite supportive of that.
lmao
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
Guys, I worked really hard on that meme and it didn't get any attention. Please accept me into your social group.
In response to a complaint we received under the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act, we have removed 1 result(s) from this page. If you wish, you may read the DMCA complaint that caused the removal(s) at LumenDatabase.org.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKG_Scintill View Post
what if you woke up and a random stranger stood beside your bed just to say good morning
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKG_Scintill View Post
you'd tell them to fuck off
V-Ormix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 07:43 PM   #175
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Community Manager, Global Moderator, User Support
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
devonin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin
Default Re: fuck Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
So teach them. Be the difference you want to see in the world.
Time is always better spend stopping them and undoing the damage they've caused, because they have absolutely no willingness or vested interest in considering that they might be wrong in their views.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 07:44 PM   #176
Funnygurl555
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran
 
Funnygurl555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 22
Posts: 1,937
Default Re: fuck Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
So teach them. Be the difference you want to see in the world.
i suck at photoshop but i had to
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
is funny eaman?
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
There comes a point where we have to ask our selves, "do we really want to deal with that, desperate as we are?"

I think we can all agree on the answer, yeah?
Funnygurl555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 07:46 PM   #177
Funnygurl555
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran
 
Funnygurl555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 22
Posts: 1,937
Default Re: fuck Georgia

please appreciate my work for what it tried to be sunfan
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
is funny eaman?
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
There comes a point where we have to ask our selves, "do we really want to deal with that, desperate as we are?"

I think we can all agree on the answer, yeah?
Funnygurl555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 08:27 PM   #178
Dinglesberry
arrow
FFR Veteran
 
Dinglesberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,318
Default Re: fuck Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
please appreciate my work for what it tried to be sunfan
can you make a version that doesnt have "thesunfan" in it so it'll actually be usefull outside of this cesspit of rhythm games, thnx
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 08:51 PM   #179
Funnygurl555
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran
 
Funnygurl555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 22
Posts: 1,937
Default Re: fuck Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinglesberry View Post
can you make a version that doesnt have "thesunfan" in it so it'll actually be usefull outside of this cesspit of rhythm games, thnx
i tried and pooped on the file h e h ^______^' i don't have photoshop so i was using an online editor and don't got my own copy
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
is funny eaman?
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
There comes a point where we have to ask our selves, "do we really want to deal with that, desperate as we are?"

I think we can all agree on the answer, yeah?
Funnygurl555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 08:53 PM   #180
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 25
Posts: 296
Default Re: fuck Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
Time is always better spend stopping them and undoing the damage they've caused, because they have absolutely no willingness or vested interest in considering that they might be wrong in their views.
You're just wrong about this.
I'm not saying you need to set up a booth at a pro-life rally, just be a decent person when you encounter any of the 4 pro-lifers in Ontario.
__________________
tell me to finish the TWG stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arntonach View Post
Wait, V has a pregnant wife? I thought he was gay with sun fan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingyman View Post
FUN FACT #3
Disregarding Season 1 (because communities were able to send more than one player back then), here is a ranking of community performances in the Mafia Championship:
+3 finale appearances
Flash Flash Revolution (4 finale spots with 1 sub + 1 wildcard spot)
Dark Lord Potter (3 finale spots + 2 wildcards with 1 sub)
MafiaManiac (3 finale spots + 1 wildcard spot)
Super Mafia All Stars (3 finale spots + 1 wildcard spot)
GameFAQs (3 finale spots)
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution