Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat

Old 10-10-2018, 03:55 PM   #1
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran

Default those of you with associate's degrees, help?

I'm writing a guide on two and four-year colleges for work, and I kinda don't know a lot about two-year schools. I don't got good advice except "prolly not a for-profit school", and even then I don't know if that... applies

Thanks in advance. Hope you're having a good day!
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Funnygurl555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 05:54 PM   #2
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: those of you with associate's degrees, help?

Expect to be on several waiting lists for classes your first year because you are not priority. Show up for classes you want even if you're on the waiting list and talk to the professor because there are bound to be no shows and drop outs. For the love of God make an educational plan with your counselor. If you don't then there is a high chance you're not taking classes you need. Decide what schools you want to transfer to so that you know what classes transfer and what doesn't. Etc etc etc
Old 10-10-2018, 06:08 PM   #3
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I should say that I don't have my associates but am working on it and these are the things I've seen/experienced
Old 10-24-2018, 08:38 PM   #4
Magiante
FFR Player

I went to my local community college for my associate's, but you HAVE to make sure if you are planning to go to a bachelor's degree that most, if not all, of the classes you're taking transfer. Double check with a counselor. There are guides online with local schools to help also regarding transferring credits and classes. It takes a lot of reviewing and preparation but worth it.
Going to a community college save a lot of time and money. The cross checking kind of sucks but turns out I never had to get to the bachelor's degree level of education and was fine with just an Associate's in my field.

That's about all the "wisdom" I have.
Magiante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 11:28 PM   #5
Travis_Flesher
Champion
FFR Veteran

I don't have an associate's degree but I'm the most powerful man in the world.
Old 10-27-2018, 02:48 PM   #6
mewtikz
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
I'm writing a guide on two and four-year colleges for work, and I kinda don't know a lot about two-year schools. I don't got good advice except "prolly not a for-profit school", and even then I don't know if that... applies

Thanks in advance. Hope you're having a good day!
When you do a 2-year college, you should try to take courses that will transfer to a 4-year college. Typically you can do this with no problem but you have to talk to your advisor and make a plan first.
mewtikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 12:49 AM   #7
Soundwave-
Carry your failures proud
FFR Veteran

On the other hand:

- I've never not gotten the classes I wanted.
- Professors are pretty cold-footed about letting people in after registration closes around here
- Literally none of my classes transfer (although that's mostly to do with my choice of institution to transfer to, not actually the courses)
- When I went to talk to my adviser about an education plan, the questioned why I came because I seemed to have everything in order

The big factor here is I get my classes for free, save for books.

So unless you are specifically looking for an Associate's or a certification, comparing against a 4-year school, and preparing for a transfer to a 4-year school, is mostly about being informed. If you're going to school, you should probably be going to a 4-year, unless you know for sure:

- a 2-year meets your needs (taking classes with no interest in a degree and it's cheaper, only aiming for Associate's/particular certification, etc.)
- you can transfer a 2-year degree for cheaper than two years at an applicable 2-year

This should probably go for any school, but especially so for a 2-year where you're probably living near by and can just go figure this stuff out, but you should get as familiar as possible with the school procedures and how they work with your particular goals ideally before finding out you've spent money on something that isn't going to work out.
Originally Posted by [11:38 PM] Hakulyte
only person who can legit tilt me is like YoshL
Quote:
Originally Posted by スンファンさん
右に3回回らない限り間違います。
Soundwave- is offline   Reply With Quote