Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 02:25 AM   #41
iluswirl
Clueless & Comfortable
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to iluswirl
Default Re: TWG LXXXV: Blood Alliance

Haha poor rzr. He keeps dying night one, over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Anyway, just a thought, although there's really no way to know, but wouldn't it be beneficial to us if we eliminated one group before the others? That way, we're only losing one person a night, making it a much longer time to weed out the bad from the good.

In other words, if at all possible, we should try to find one group and eliminate before going on to the next.

The only problem is that we really only get one seer a night. While technically we have 2, they're only half effective, and because of that, flaw's double seer idea sounds great.

I dunno. Just kind of random thoughts jumping through my head at the moment.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:29 AM   #42
Viccica
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Viccica Send a message via MSN to Viccica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolth mannn View Post
All im saying is the game starts, some guy ive never heard of (you guys mightve i dunno) makes a huge 'plan' about what the humans should do, and we all decide to follow it. I personally think flaw should be the first person seered.

We've already established that's what we intended to do. Matter of fact, I'm the one who suggested it.... Read the thread if you're going to be involved in the thread please... No offense.

Flaw is a veteran. I've never even played with him and I know that.

I think we need to bring into question certain veterans. First night is the kill-a-random veteran night. And yet rzr(I expected that one) and emerald die. When we have people like BDN and flaw playing?

I find that a bit questionable.

In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

Sincerely,

Your Client
Eco Friendly
~Chu
Old 07-22-2009, 12:13 PM   #43
emerald000
the Mathemagician~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to emerald000

Awww.... Why me?
Old 07-22-2009, 12:19 PM   #44
Ruritsu
FFR Player

^To be extreamly honest, I'm sick of vet play. They have no better nor worse a chance of being a role other than human than the rest of us.

Also:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viccica
I think we need to bring into question certain veterans. First night is the kill-a-random veteran night. And yet rzr(I expected that one) and emerald die. When we have people like BDN and flaw playing?
Seeing as one could simply kill Emerald/Rzr just to make you think about exactly what you're thinking about right now, I wouldn't use that to base to much theory. Further, I'm pretty sure the wolves can target mafia members and vice versa, so that could further be a reason for unexpected murders, although it feels unlikely. Also, if they can kill members of the opposing faction I would say that Flaw was correct earlier when he mentioned that nobody will counter claim, seeing as even if they miss the Lynch, they would be killed by the other team trying to make a good move (Provided the Coroner/Psychic don't inform everyone its a misclaim until the next day) >_>

I'm still all for the seering on Flaw, as well as the carrying out of Flaw's plan. Even if he is a wolf/mafia, it still works out in the end for the human side, as its still a good plan from the Human perspective (This sentence is towards Bolth mostly)

Meh, I'm probably overlooking something or another, but thats what I've got...
Old 07-22-2009, 01:52 PM   #45
Viccica
FFR Player

Even if that's the case, there's nothing wrong with trying to alleviate suspicion from people.

In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

Sincerely,

Your Client
Eco Friendly
~Chu
Old 07-22-2009, 02:46 PM   #46
tupacodaman
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to tupacodaman

let's wait and see who the detective/seer seered. if they got a green, then cool because that lets the blues/purples have an alliance with that person. if they seered someone who's not green, then we'll find out about it and lynch that pesrson.

So some kind of random thoughts:
I trust that sc is detective, and we don't have time to spend a night's seering activities on him with the wolves and mafia each killing off a person each night and with someone getting lynched each day. After night 3, there will be most likely seven dead people (unless we get lucky and find ourselves a wolf/mafia member and lynch him/her) and one or more of those dead people could be blues/purples. if either the detective or seer die, it'll be that much harder for us to find the mafia/wolves.

flaw I feel is green, and again, we don't have all the time in the world. I don't think a wolf or mafia member would have replied that quickly with such a good course of action, so I personally feel there is no need to seer him and that we should instead move on to someone else. if the detective and seer don't have suspicions on anyone else, then sure, I guess confirming flaw would be ok.

safety on ilu

and i'll be on aim as always
Old 07-22-2009, 03:52 PM   #47
AC1speakerbox
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to AC1speakerbox Send a message via MSN to AC1speakerbox

still reading the thread. Too much knocking down ideas

safety on argo
Old 07-22-2009, 08:20 PM   #48
tupacodaman
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

<DIV id=38 style="PADDING-RIGHT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 0px 5px 4px -5px; PADDING-TOP: 0px"><DIV style="PADDING-RIGHT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 0px 5px 4px -5px; PADDING-TOP: 0px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"><SPAN style="FONT: 12px Arial; COLOR: #0f0595">iluswirl
Old 07-22-2009, 08:22 PM   #49
tupacodaman
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

errrr...that should have looked like this

iluswirl (9:14:11 PM): Sup wolf?
tupacodaman (9:17:38 PM): sup mafia?
iluswirl (9:17:52 PM): aw damn you got me =(

my safety stays for now
Old 07-22-2009, 10:28 PM   #50
Brilliant Dynamite Neon
nobody fiffers anymore.
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Brilliant Dynamite Neon Send a message via Yahoo to Brilliant Dynamite Neon

Hello there! I'm BDN! I'll be your very best friend!

--------------------------

Serious stuff:

Bolth has a good point. If we let one person, like flaw, monopolize the game strategy, we need to be careful to not blindly follow them. DarkManticoreX2 has exploited this mentality in the past, with devastating results. We have to keep flaw under close watch, so we'll catch him if he's a wolf or mafia and tries to pull the wool over our eyes. I'm not so sure if it's a good idea to seer him though. I was thinking that we should only seer him if he acts suspicious, but if he's good enough he might go the entire game without suspicion. I'm thinking seer other people first, seer him if he turns up suspicious, and if we reach an endgame situation (where there's a small amount of people and still an anti-human role present), lynch him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viccica View Post
Flaw is a veteran. I've never even played with him and I know that.

I find that a bit questionable.
I've grown averse to this way of thinking (thanks to playing over at MafiaScum.) While it falls in line with the most common anti-town behavior, it also leads to recursive reasoning, which can get us caught up in distracting logic traps.

It's true that the lack of vet kills could mean that the vets are wolves or mafia, but maybe the wolves/mafia didn't kill veterans to put the veterans under suspicion and force the humans into lynching innocents. But maybe that's what they want you think, so the vets are anti-town. But maybe that's what they want you to think, so the vets are innocent. But maybe that's what they want you to think...etc. etc. See how it gets nowhere?

What we really should be looking for (in my opinion at least) is counterproductive behavior and people trying to buddy up to threatening figures. For example, say Ruritsu has good cases on people and is thoroughly scouring the playerbase for suspects. Anti-town people (wolves/mafia) might try specifically not to appear suspicious to him and play it safe to avoid incurring his wrath. We also have to look for people buddying up to suspicious people as well; don't forget that we have two anti-town factions out for each other, and to avoid getting nightkilled they may try to appear human to the opposing faction. Counterproductive behavior might also be tricky to detect, since the anti-town people are going to try to figure out who their enemy is, and won't bat an eye if someone from the other team goes down.

Damn, we've got our work cut out for us.

----------------------------------

Enough of my rambling. Activity vote on Viccica.

Let's be safety buddies! :3

Thanks for the memories, folks. u da bes
Old 07-22-2009, 10:43 PM   #51
flawofhumanity
MMM WATCHA SAY
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to flawofhumanity

There are a few things I would like to address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolth mannn View Post
All im saying is the game starts, some guy ive never heard of (you guys mightve i dunno) makes a huge 'plan' about what the humans should do, and we all decide to follow it. I personally think flaw should be the first person seered.
Point one, I've played one or two games in the past. This doesn't mean anything really, this game can be played effectively by a first time player if he's smart. The reason people are following this plan is simple, it's all logical. I offered nothing that couldn't be backed up with sound logic, aka I didn't inject ANY of my opinion into the strategy, meaning that it is all backed up by facts. I am also very open to you proposing a better strategy, if you can think of one. I made that post to get the game going and curb inactivity (which gives wolves/mafia and advantage), and it's been more than effective thus far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruritsu View Post
I'm still all for the seering on Flaw, as well as the carrying out of Flaw's plan. Even if he is a wolf/mafia, it still works out in the end for the human side, as its still a good plan from the Human perspective (This sentence is towards Bolth mostly)
Viccia proposed the idea of me being seered, and I agreed to it already before night one. I also personally messaged sc979 and told him to seer me as well as having the wolf seer seer me as well, if he knows who that is. If that's the case and he followed my advice, we should have a post confirming me as human as soon as he gets on and makes a post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brilliant Dynamite Neon View Post
Bolth has a good point. If we let one person, like flaw, monopolize the game strategy, we need to be careful to not blindly follow them. DarkManticoreX2 has exploited this mentality in the past, with devastating results. We have to keep flaw under close watch, so we'll catch him if he's a wolf or mafia and tries to pull the wool over our eyes. I'm not so sure if it's a good idea to seer him though. I was thinking that we should only seer him if he acts suspicious, but if he's good enough he might go the entire game without suspicion. I'm thinking seer other people first, seer him if he turns up suspicious, and if we reach an endgame situation (where there's a small amount of people and still an anti-human role present), lynch him.
Again, my strategy is based on logic, not opinion, and is mot effective, like I already stated, if I have only an equal say to everyone else in the actual implementation of the strategy (who gets seered each night, who we lynch, etc.) By doing this, we prevent someone who gains our trust (like you were suggesting) from using that to lead us astray. Of course, assuming I've already been seered, the whole situation will be avoided (barring me being killed because of being confirmed.)

-------------------- end of responses to posts in the thread

At this point, my suggestion to aid our strategy is that we PM/give sc979 our thoughts on who should be seered/any pertinent information that we have PRIVATELY. This is good because it keeps any information that would suggest we are onto them behind the scenese, and would also prevent them from killing the people that we decide to seer, in order to nullify the seering effect.

Old 07-23-2009, 12:08 PM   #52
Viccica
FFR Player

So are we actually going to establish something or is this going to be random lynching...?

Sincerely,

Your Client
Eco Friendly
~Chu
Old 07-23-2009, 01:41 PM   #53
RawrInc
FFR Player

Safety on Gun92
Old 07-23-2009, 01:50 PM   #54
tupacodaman
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

it's not a safety if someone else already safety'd him but cool
Old 07-23-2009, 02:25 PM   #55
Temote
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Temote

Vote Count:

Gun92 (2) - Bolth_Mannn, RawrInc
BDN (1) - Viccica
iluswirl (1) - tupacodman
argo15 (1) - AC1speakerbox
Viccica (1) - BDN

Left to vote: Spyke_MH, sc979, RedHerring, Flaw, GamerShadow, Gun92, iluswirl, Ruritsu, argo1516

Insta is at 8.

Slightly over eight and a half hours to go.

Last edited by Temote; 07-23-2009 at 02:32 PM..
Old 07-23-2009, 02:46 PM   #56
iluswirl
Clueless & Comfortable
FFR Veteran

oohh safety on that wolf, tupac. =D
Old 07-23-2009, 02:46 PM   #57
iluswirl
Clueless & Comfortable
FFR Veteran

Aww I failed.. tupac.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:30 PM   #58
Ruritsu
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDN
I've grown averse to this way of thinking (thanks to playing over at MafiaScum.) While it falls in line with the most common anti-town behavior, it also leads to recursive reasoning, which can get us caught up in distracting logic traps.

It's true that the lack of vet kills could mean that the vets are wolves or mafia, but maybe the wolves/mafia didn't kill veterans to put the veterans under suspicion and force the humans into lynching innocents. But maybe that's what they want you think, so the vets are anti-town. But maybe that's what they want you to think, so the vets are innocent. But maybe that's what they want you to think...etc. etc. See how it gets nowhere?
That is like word for word what I said, so why does it sound more intelligent when you typed it >=3

Anyway, I'm gonna put a saftey on Rawrinc purely for the sake of evading a phantom on the chance that nothing happens this night...
Old 07-23-2009, 03:32 PM   #59
Viccica
FFR Player

RawrInc, that's a vote, not a safety.....

No one else notice? <.<

Sincerely,

Your Client
Eco Friendly
~Chu
Old 07-23-2009, 04:00 PM   #60
RedHerring
FFR Player

Safety on AC1
Closed Thread