Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2020, 06:42 PM   #4881
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

This game might end in an anti-climatic modkill at this point. I guess that could be historic in its own way.
Old 03-24-2020, 06:44 PM   #4882
TWG Apollo
FFR Player

Most replaced slot in a game
Old 03-24-2020, 06:47 PM   #4883
TWG Rolf
FFR Player

Fauna's got another weird interaction with Tank that I had forgotten about, prodding Apollo about apparently asking others what he should think about Tank, but the posts linked to back that up didn't fit that line of prodding at all.
Old 03-24-2020, 06:47 PM   #4884
TWG Agent S
FFR Player

Finished Iso on Fauna. Forgive me if it seems like I'm repeating myself in addressing certain posts (it's going to happen a lot). I made notes based on posts first, taking the context of posts that caught my attention, with the post number, and then added the original post quotes in afterwards via post number.
Old 03-24-2020, 06:47 PM   #4885
TWG Agent S
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Fauna View Post
We got lucky with the lynch. Zucker really doesn’t have much impact on the thread as far as interactions go. Punch and Chief possible team as they had some early banter but that’s more than likely coincidental
Fauna shade @ Punchy/Chief.

Quote:
So I’ve been out all day and I’m gonna ISO all these people when I get home but I just wanted to put some thoughts out there to hopefully start some discussion

As mentioned before, punchy and chief look a little too comfortable interacting with zucker.

Boomer has been playing a very commentary styled game

Matthilda doesn’t seem to be very interested in helping us solve this game at all

Rolf is strange , says lots of words that don’t really mean anything, need to reread

Phil is eh for the fake roleclaim suggestions, I feel like that’s something a wolf would find a lot more valuable than a town would

I really didn’t like julians EoD, he seemed to swing all over the place, not even believing his own comments

Eugene has had a strong opening impression

I like Dora and I like maple
shade at punchy & chief again.

shade at boomer (confirm)

shade at Mathilda (confirm)

half shade at Rolf

shrugs Phil fake roleclaim suggestion, says wolf would find a lot more valuable.

shade at Julian

likes dora, likes maple. (acq, confirm)

Quote:
thats my bad, i read that post more as commentary than anything else but he obviously town leans punchy there as well, del too.

I did like Punchy's EoD so im not scumreading him at the moment, but definitely not townreading
boomer vote, callback from Eugene, Boomer likes Punchy for fair amount of digging.

pedals backwards, puts them at null.

Quote:
I've already spoken my thoughts on boomer

Rolf is a very strong null for me at the moment, haven't read anything that indicates alignment yet. Im singling out people at the time I investigate them
Rolf is very strong null for Faunta.

Quote:
Which supports my initial comment of it being a very safe vote for a wolf to make.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still leaning you town more than anything else, I'm just not locking you or any of those other three people in just yet.
pressure on Phil for taking credit for Zucker wagon, previous pressure for including themselves in a town confirm read across multiple people.

Quote:
I always play with the assumption that wolves are somewhat competent. It almost always looks bad to tag on to the end of a wagon. Doesn't seem like something a wolf would do. Wolves have shown incompetence already so I'm definitely not ruling it out, I just don't think the wagon tells us as much as we wish it did and I think it's just as likely it was a full town wagon.
Fauna: 'It almost always looks bad to tag on to the end of a wagon. Doesn't seem like something a wolf would do.' (Would definitely have been vocalized in wolf chat)

'Wolves have shown incompetence already so I'm definitely not ruling it out [..] I think it's just as likely it was a full town wagon.'
Super telling, good chance that the Zucker wagon is in-fact, not clear.

Making callback to Phil's post 'I think that its likely that all 4 of these names are villagers: Flurry, Tank, Dora, Phil', structured via the Zucker wagon, according to Phil.

Quote:
Something interesting is that flurry was Dora's first vote and someone she said was really slimy and then went on to say in the reads list above that flurry was top town. Could be partners
massive shade on Flurry from Fauna

Quote:
For the record, I like that Cherry is picking apart people’s words still while everyone else is focused on Dora and vote count. Very towny imo
town call for Cherry from Fauna (post 1497)

Quote:
Heres some stuff

Town

- Boomer (very vigi)
- Eugene (I’ve already stated my case on Eugene earlier. Reads, reactions and emotions are very authentic and I think the arguably dumb observations they sometimes make are the result of over enthusiasm, typing before thinking. They play with no filter and I think that’s a very towny thing to do. I don’t think we should ever touch Eugene.)
- Cherry (Cherry is asking very good questions and noticing a lot of things that people are missing. They also don’t seem to be pocketing anyone which I really like. In particular, I like that they questioned Dora about the soft clear they did for everyone who was on the Zucker wagon before Del claimed. I’m still upset Dora never responded because I’m still struggling to read people like tank and flurry. I would be pretty surprised if Cherry was scum.)

Town Lean

- Tank (I’ve spent a lot of time reading Tank’s posts and it's frustrating because I sort of understand how he is getting from A to B mentally but the reasoning he gives is next to non-existent. I’m inclined to lean him town because even though he is much more big brain than I am, I do agree with a lot of the analysis he does that I understand.)
- Phil (I initially didn’t like the whole Roleblocker fiasco back in D1 but when I look at his overall play I really don’t see how his game is ever scum. He has been consistent in his reads, his progressions seem very natural, and he actually has an understanding of the game mechanics, which is more that I can say for a lot of people. For now, I see him as a benefit to town.)
- Maple (This is my biggest gut/tone read of my list of potential townys. I feel like their frustrations of not really being acknowledged are genuine, and I feel like they are doing their appropriate digging when they have their suspicions, even when I don’t necessarily agree with them. I think their suggestion of keeping the acq alive for a day is a very towny thing to suggest.)
- Julian (I still maintain that his play, especially at d0, has been especially towny. He opened up the conversation on a lot of people and quite frankly a lot of the interaction that’s been had would not have happened if it wasn’t for his play. It was aggressive but it worked, and I think town is better for it. Could a wolf have done it? Sure, I just don’t feel like his play came from a scum position. Only note I have was his weak read on me and tank. I still don’t understand why you have tank locked as a scum and based on your description of me, I really should have been in null, not locked town. Overall, I’m still leaning town on Julian though.)
- Flurry (I don’t really see what’s so wolfy about flurry. He is engaging conversation and keeping critical, and also staying quite active. I know theres the whole julian vs flurry thing but I just don’t see a world where Flurry is a lock wolf. Saying that, there is a lot of flurrys posts I just don't know how to read, and I'm not really sure why.)

Null

- Punchy (Punchy’s play has been very towny and good questions ARE being asked but I also feel like they’re not following through very hard with their questions and I feel like it could be the type of towny play a wolf could make. There’s nothing I’ve read that leans him scum though so I’d be very hesitant to touch him any time soon.)
- Agent S (Agent S was always going to be a null for me cause nothing has stood out from him at all to me. I had to do a full ISO to write this. Everything seems super towny from what I’ve read but I don’t like how under the radar he seems to be flying)

Wolf Lean

- Rolf (This is the gut read of my scum leans. Their questions don’t seem to go anywhere, and he seems disconnected from the actions of the thread whenever he comments. He just seems to be using a lot of words to not actually say much. Under the radar is what I’m sensing)
- Apollo (I was scum reading apollo early for similar reasons as Maple, his gameplay was pretty useless in helping town in any way. After Maple called him out on this, he has shifted into being a lot more active in questioning and commenting on the game, which I really like. I’m just curious whether this shift was due to him getting more involved to avoid suspicion, or if he just waited until he had observed more of the game before digging in.)
- Chrissy (Chrissys play has been extremely wishy washy and they haven’t pushed the game in any sort of direction. I get that they entered the game late and they’ve been playing catchup, but all the clarification she seems to be asking for is mostly related to night actions rather than the chatter of the day phases. Is this a newer player trying to keep up with the game? Possibly, but I think its also possible its a wolf coming into the game late and trying to stay separated from all the more intense conversations.)
- Chief (I think Dora’s read on Chief’s vote being opportunistic is a very good one, especially as it supports my read on Chief and Zuckers interactions early in d0. I know people say not to put so much leverage on early game interactions, but looking back on the conversation, it just seems like banter between partners. His decrease in activity levels can either be based on actually just not having as much time to play, but his style and tone make me feel like he just doesn’t care anymore. This is why he is in my leans, not my lock pile, because I feel like a wolf would care and a wolf would try and defend themselves in the situation Chief is currently in.)

Wolf

- Matthilda (I have been scum reading Matthilda from the very start and I just want to know what they flip as at this point. They’re not interested in helping the game so I feel like its low risk. Their reactions to accusations have been extremely defensive and just don’t feel genuine.)
- Molly (Molly was, for me, the most suspicious vote on Zucker during first phase. She has been the most inactive player in the game based on post count and half the posts she has made have been word spam trying to defend herself. If previous games are anything to go by, this type of play is very wolfy)

I am exhausted, I'll probably respond to stuff for 5-10 minutes then I'm going to sleep. Nightmare of a day.
reads list. Rolf & Apollo under wolf leans.

Punchy & Agent S under Null. Previous pushing on Punchy & Chief leads me to believe this is 100% town below null. (All others are dead & town/PR.)

Eugene super top town read.

Cherry also super top town read.

Has Tank, Phil and Flurry under town leans.

'I initially didn’t like the whole Roleblocker fiasco back in D1 but when I look at his overall play I really don’t see how his game is ever scum. He has been consistent in his reads, his progressions seem very natural, and he actually has an understanding of the game mechanics, which is more that I can say for a lot of people. For now, I see him as a benefit to town.' Phil read. SUPER STRONG DEFENSE, looks past the roleblock suggestion.

slight defense to Flurry, NAI based on the massive shade they threw at Flurry a bit ago.

Quote:
Full disclosure, this list is not accurate. It is based on recent peoples reads as well as random comments that caught my attention from ISOs. I made it to get a better idea of the overall reads in the game. Wasn't originally going to share it but maybe someone else will find something useful in it.

https://imgur.com/a/S75CqiY

Chief, Molly and Mathilda are the most popular scumread. is it a world where Chief, Molly, Mathilda and Zucker are a wolf team? They have all been playing individualistically.. Molly has expressed quite a few scumreads on Chief, is this a W/W thing? Possibly, molly hasn't given enough genuine reads on other people to say any differently. Chief hasn't really had much to say about Molly or Mathilda and besides some early thread crap with Zucker, nothing would suggest a team.

If this is the team then boom we win, I just feel like its a bit too easy.

Cherry and Phil are currently the most townread people in the game. I townread them myself so I don't want to be hypocritical here, but has any pressure been put on any of these people at any point? If not, I think these should be the people we look at it we're a few day phases from now and don't seem to be getting anywhere.

I found Apollo interesting in this list because he seems to be the person with the most even amounts of town, null and scum reads. Is this someone throwing themselves around enough to not be a focal point? I think Apollo is someone that should be figured out in the near future as well.

As far as today goes, after matthilda's soft claim, I don't want to touch her this phase. I still don't know how to feel about the claim. I'm happy with a Molly, Chief or Chrissy lynch.

Mollys flip would give the most information out of any of them
Chief I'm just sick of reading his shit regardless of alignment
Chrissy is also someone who I feel hasn't really contributed to the game in any way since subbing in, and I would not be surprised in the slightest if they flipped scum.

molly

I won't be able to do any more proper digging before EoD, but I will keep up to date with the thread and change my vote if this turns out to be a mistake.
'Cherry and Phil are currently the most townread people in the game. I townread them myself so I don't want to be hypocritical here, but has any pressure been put on any of these people at any point? If not, I think these should be the people we look at it we're a few day phases from now and don't seem to be getting anywhere.'

Interesting take on Fauna's part. If team with either of them, asking to iso them back in d2.

Quote:
Flurry’s post quoted for easy access to Dora’s reads

I find Dora’s wagonomics a lot more interesting now that we’ve had several flips. We’ve had 2 people flip town from her top 4 suspects, with only Mathilda and Maple left.

She also clears Julian and Eugene, who both look bad now that molly has been outed as blocker.

Not too sure what to make of this yet. I’m gonna have to read Julian and Eugene again because I’ve been townreading them up until today.
some shade on Eugene

Quote:
Alrighty, I've gone and read Molly and I'm gonna try cover every single instance of Molly being suspicious of someone.

Phil

Early phases. Hasn't mentioned thoughts on Phil any time recently.

Agent S

This was in response to Agent S stating he thinks its likely the wolves attacked Del night 1. Nothing since.

Chrissy

Julian

Mathilda

Eugene

Molly has seemed fairly indecisive of Eugene, and it also seems like Eugene would be her biggest suspicion by EoD yesterday. If we were basing her night actions on her scumreads, this would be my guess at who she blocked.
more shade on Eugene, using Molly posts

Quote:
Calm down, friend

Molly never talked about blocking you (did she talk about blocking anyone???), but you were definitely a suspicion at one point. You are getting awfully defensive over a passing thought I was having. Are we closing in on you?

Either way, I'm up to page 13 (lol) and the only things ive really gathered so far is that I don't think theres a world where Cherry and Flurry are W/W.

Flurry is the first person in game to start getting serious with this:

He specifically asks Phil this, but this might just be due to Phil being active in the thread at the time.

Cherry gets fairly defensive quite early in response to tank

Cherry and Flurry have a bit of an interaction after Flurry claims a pro-inactivity stance to try and get reactions from people:

Maple had a pretty bad entrance, but I want to blame her roleplay for that.

Agent S defended flurrys wishy washy posts quite early on:

Also, this aged well lol:
'I don't think theres a world where Cherry and Flurry are W/W.'

Quote:
Maybe I'm following Julian, but I like to follow logic over anything else, and since Julian has now been proven town, his take on the situation seems a lot more possible. Tell me, Phil, who you think Molly blocked. I thought it was Eugene at first but nobody wanted to entertain that idea.

Do I think you're scum, Phil? No, not really, I've been townreading you all fucking game, but this phase has really forced me to reassess everything, so yes, I'm skeptical of you, and I'm skeptical of everyone else too.
'I've been townreading you all fucking game, but this phase has really forced me to reassess everything, so yes, I'm skeptical of you, and I'm skeptical of everyone else too.' Directed towards Phil, from Fauna.

Quote:
Fucking hell, I go to sleep and come back to chaos

With Julian confirmed town, his take on Phil looks a little more possible. Assuming Molly blocks based on her scumreads, Eugene or Phil are really the only two she might have blocked. I struggle to see these two as scum, but if tonight ends up being a mislynch, I think we need to focus on Phil. If Eugene is a wolf, they deserve MVP.

It was more I spent less time looking for evidence of Julian reads cause everyone already knew Molly was scumreading Julian

Also, Maples fakeclaim was gross, but I really don't see a wolf doing that

Phil has dropped down since Julian outed.

My gut says I should be being more skeptical of Flurry.

Am I the only one that struggles to tell the difference between Agent S and Apollo?

Don't know what to make of Coles slot yet.

I still don't know where to put Punchy

at this point:

confirmed town: Boomer, Mathilda, Julian
town: Eugene, Cherry
town lean: Tank, Maple
null: Agent S, Apollo, Cole, Punchy
scum lean: Rolf, Phil, Flurry

I hate that I don't have strong scumreads on anyone anymore. I'm going to ISO Julian with the perspective of knowing he is town and see if I can find anything.
'but if tonight ends up being a mislynch, I think we need to focus on Phil. If Eugene is a wolf, they deserve MVP. ' Pretty certain this outrules Phil.

'My gut says I should be being more skeptical of Flurry.' This is a gut wolf thought.

'Am I the only one that struggles to tell the difference between Agent S and Apollo?' telling towards Apollo. (in a good favor)

'Don't know what to make of Coles slot yet.

I still don't know where to put Punchy' Similar contrast to Cole.

Quote:
What are your top 2 picks for deep wolf?
'What are your top 2 picks for deep wolf?' questioning Flurry, a null-take from Fauna

Quote:
The only person I truly believe COULDNT be wolfing is Eugene
'The only person I truly believe COULDNT be wolfing is Eugene' Aging like week-old vomit.

Quote:
This puts into words how I'm feeling about flurry. I don't think it clears them though.

I can agree on Phil
'This puts into words how I'm feeling about flurry. I don't think it clears them though.

I can agree on Phil' more shade on Phil. more town vibe via Fauna towards Flurry. No idea what to make of Flurry now based on Fauna.

Quote:
Matthilda
Boomer
Julian
Eugene
Flurry
Phil
Cherry
Tank
Maple
Punchy
Apollo
Agent S
Cole
Rolf
Fauna mini-reads ordering. Rolf, Apollo, Punchy all near the bottom. Tank & Cherry round out the middle. Phil, Flurry, Eugene near the top non-confirmed town.

- voted Rolf. (Clicked away from the post too fast, oops.)

Quote:
I've been townleaning you almost the entire game.

I think your play is on a different planet, but I don't think your PI outing was scummy.

Maple/Tank/XX world would make me lose my mind
'Maple/Tank/XX world would make me lose my mind' Fauna (3529).

Quote:
I think I'm okay leaving my vote on Rolf.
'I think I'm okay leaving my vote on Rolf.' Confirm vote on Rolf.

Quote:
That was a pretty gross EoD by Punchy there
'That was a pretty gross EoD by Punchy there' Calls out Punchy.

Quote:
I certainly think there's a possibility of Cole and Agent S being wolf partners

But where would that leave people like Rolf, yourself, Punchy and Tank?

I'm pretty sure our 3 wolves are in the 6 people I just mentioned, but I'll need to do more digging to see who makes the most sense together
Shade at Cole & Agent S, puts Rolf/Apollo/Punchy/Tank under microscope.

Quote:
If we have a deep wolf, then its flurry or phil

both seem unlikely in my eyes though
'If we have a deep wolf, then its flurry or phil' Leads me to believe deep wolf is actually Eugene/Cherry. Pedals on the 2nd sentence so that people wouldn't take them seriously if Flurry/Phil flipped town.

Quote:
And why not????
'And why not????' Fauna response to Phil saying it's not Agent S/Rolf.

Quote:
Alrighty this is gonna be briefer than it was originally because I’m doing half of this again for the second time.

Basically, as I mentioned earlier, I believe our three wolves are in the following six people: Agent S, Apollo, Cole, Punchy, Rolf, Tank

Cole

Cole had a strong entrance but straight off the bat he essentially cleared the people on Zucker's wagon. Not just the initial 4, but the whole lot. I think if Cole was scum, there’s a good chance he has 1 or 2 partners in this pool. For reference, this is Rolf and Tank.

(on a separate note, this is me tinfoiling, but this post below from Cole looks a lot like he made it with the knowledge that Phil is town. Otherwise why would he care if someone thinks he is scumreading them?)

Anyway, Cole defends Rolf quite frequently throughout his time here, stating he does not understand where peoples scum reads come from.

Thinks some of Tank’s posts are fluff, and doesn’t like tanks opinion that the fakeclaim thing Phil was trying to pull off was risky.

Mentions Punchy’s posts a few times in a favourable way but hates their d0 vote.

Chrissy time, has this weird post out of nowhere about Rolf

Everything else was fluff

Overall, there is no one in my list that Cole COULDN”T be partners with.

My spicy take is Cole/Rolf/Tank

Tank

Tank has a huge back and forth with Rolf on D0, however, no one else was really paying any attention to it. After d0, Tank more or less dropped it, mentioning it every now and then but not pushing hard at all. I don’t think there’s any reason this can’t be W/W

Not really sure what to make of this, feels more commentary than an opinion

Calls Apollo and Agent S towny

Not much to go on but my spicy take is Rolf/Tank together, I’d probably lean Agent S to be with them based on Tank’s ISO

Punchy

Was pretty against Apollo from the start, not liking the quote train he did of himself. Votes Apollo pretty early.

Throws Chrissy(Cole) Into his 3 picks for Vigi. Seems reckless for a wolf to do to a partner. Further scumreads after this instance. I don’t think Cole/Punchy are W/W

First reads list puts Rolf and Agent S as town, Apollo as scum (Chrissy/cole and Tank at null)

Tags onto an interaction between Rolf and Apollo and sides with Rolf saying Apollo should play more seriously if he wants to be taken seriously.

Later states Apollo is trending up.

I think the only person Punchy can’t be partners with is Chrissy/Cole

My guess would be Punchy/Rolf/Agent S

Rolf

I’ve already gone over Rolf and Tanks interactions

Rolf seems genuinely frustrated at Apollo for all the jokes he was making, making it impossible for Rolf to do a genuine read on him. Later says it’s completely fair that Apollo votes for Rolf for an information lynch?

Also puts Chrissy (Cole) in his 3 picks for vigi. Again, reckless for a wolf at this stage of the game.

Scum reads Agent S for his posting style being similar to Plop as a wolf last game

Don’t think Rolf can be partners with Cole or Agent S

Doing this ISO on Rolf makes me want to townread him

Rolf/Tank/Apollo

Apollo

Does a really dodgy early reads list, townleans essentially everyone, except for Tank and Punchy who are nulls. Also probably the first person to townread Chrissy

Mindmelds with Agent S over his read of Flurry. Copies Agent S’ reads on Molly as well much later in the thread

Seems to ask other people a lot what he should be thinking of tank

Besides listing him in his early reads list, I’m pretty sure this is the first time Apollo mentions Rolf at all.

He later states Rolf is one of his preferred lynches. Still no reasoning, until he says its to help him solve other people. Seems like a pretty wishy washy excuse to push someone towards a lynch.

More in depth reads list says he townreads Agent S, Scumreads Chrissy(Cole) because he thinks she’s faking being a new player???? , Chucks Tank in top 3 town, punchy and rolf null,

The play has been all over the place enough that nobody COULDNT be Apollo’s partner.

Apollo/Agent S/Tank

Agent S

First reads list puts Punchy as town, Chrissy(Cole) as null, scumleaning Rolf

Second reads list puts Apollo as a null for not contributing much, Chrissy(Cole) still at null, Punchy and Tank as town, Rolf as scum

Leans Apollo and Punchy more town than before, stating they’re contributing a lot. This is in contrast to Apollo not contributing at all earlier. Also still has Apollo in top 3 wolves.

Loves Punchy after doing an ISO

Swaps Apollo out of his top 3 with no reasoning

Final reads list puts Punchy as town, Apollo, Tank and Cole at Null and Rolf at Scum.

Has Rolf in scumleans whole game. Does ISO on Rolf in most recent phase and decides he should not be a target of lynching.

Agent S/Apollo/Punchy

Conclusion

Always do your ISOs in Google Docs so you don’t lose all your progress.

My feelings after doing all these is that the one that is most correct is the Apollo/Agent S/Tank world

I currently want to vote between these three. Leaning towards Tank because it would tell me if I’m on the right track or not with a lot of these reads I’ve just made.
Super post from Fauna. 'Anyway, Cole defends Rolf quite frequently throughout his time here, stating he does not understand where peoples scum reads come from.' shade on Rolf.

'Tank has a huge back and forth with Rolf on D0, however, no one else was really paying any attention to it. After d0, Tank more or less dropped it, mentioning it every now and then but not pushing hard at all. I don’t think there’s any reason this can’t be W/W' More on Rolf, less so on Tank.

'Calls Apollo and Agent S towny

Not much to go on but my spicy take is Rolf/Tank together, I’d probably lean Agent S to be with them based on Tank’s ISO' shade on Tank. Hot take, this would have been a lynch down the line if it went this route.

'I don’t think Cole/Punchy are W/W'

'I think the only person Punchy can’t be partners with is Chrissy/Cole

My guess would be Punchy/Rolf/Agent S' Isn't so much throwing Punchy down here, as-is throwing down Rolf/Agent S, because they made 3-pairings for every person they listed, with them included.

Quote:
Rolf, I'm aware there are contradictions in my partnerings. Each partner guess was done in relation to the individual ISO, not as a whole, this is why I said that Apollo/Agent S/Tank is the world I'm currently focusing on, it is the main one without any contradictions
'Apollo/Agent S/Tank is the world I'm currently focusing on'

Quote:
I totally get zoning out on rereads but what is your case on cherry? I think we’d all like to know
'I totally get zoning out on rereads but what is your case on cherry? I think we’d all like to know' Case prep on Cherry, asking Julian after voting Cherry.

Quote:
Well this has been a lot to read

Read punchys posts a few pages back (check quotes and stuff he links for yourself, don’t just take his word for things) but might be the fastest way to catch up

I’m only here for 30 minutes longer and I don’t really know what to do

If there’s not a single wolf in my Apollo/agent s/tank world then my solving is absolute trash.
'If there’s not a single wolf in my Apollo/agent s/tank world then my solving is absolute trash.' Pretty much a given at this point that solving is absolute trash, because of being a wolf and all.

Quote:
Meringue/Apollo/1 of Punchy or Cherry
'Meringue/Apollo/1 of Punchy or Cherry' Fauna (4419). Finally including Cherry in reads lists now. Tank/Apollo/Punchy is nothing new.

Quote:
I didn’t really want to go here, I risk giving away my identity, but the truth is I have no idea what I’m doing. This is effectively my second TWG game ever and in my first one I died the first night. Ive been trying to play like I’m experienced cause I thought it would help me survive longer.

I’m genuinely overwhelmed at this point of the game, It’s really hard for me not to read other people’s posts and progressions and go ‘actually yea, that makes a lot of sense, I believe this now’... I’ve tried lots of different things for myself to solve the game and I don’t really know which of my methods to put the most weight into, which is probably why some of my posts or progressions come off as awkward. I’m at the point where I’ve read so many parts of the thread so many times it’s all turned into gibberish, and I don’t know how to help anymore.

When I made that post you’re referring to, punchy, I didn’t really consider that all the contradictions would make me look super scum, and I guess I regret that. I’m also at the point now that if merengue or agent s don’t flip scum, I’m at a complete loss of the game and I have absolutely no idea who the wolf team is.

I’m not looking for a free pass, and I don’t blame a single person for scum reading me, but I’m done with pretending I have any sort of idea what I’m doing
'if merengue or agent s don’t flip scum, I’m at a complete loss of the game and I have absolutely no idea who the wolf team is.' Last ditch effort to shine shade?

Quote:
Your play looks a lot like coasting, Apollo
'Your play looks a lot like coasting, Apollo' More calling out on Apollo.

Quote:
This is where I'm at. I'm not really confident on anything at this point, but its a start.

Agent S: Been at null for me pretty much all game. I don’t think the bus ‘slip’ is scummy. I did it myself. Has looked good this phase.

Apollo: I was scum leaning earlier because it looked a lot like he decided to put more effort in after someone (cherry I believe) called him out on lazy/useless plays that didn’t push anything. His phase today reinforces for me that Apollo’s effort levels seem to change depending on how safe he feels.

Cherry: I’ve gut read Cherry as town pretty much right from the start. I have read no reasons to move my lean. Doesn’t clear Cherry at all, but is probably one of the last people I’d investigate.

Flurry: Play seems very individualistic, doesn’t seem to tunnel, always seems like he is looking for alternative options than the ones presented by the thread. Towny behaviour, imo

Julian: Very PI

Merengue: Tank’s slot seems to be part of most of the worlds I’ve developed in my shoddy solving attempts. If Merengue is town, I’m back to square one and I’m probably going to tunnel my gut scum reads for the rest of the game.

Phil: I see Phil as a very inconsistent player. There’s some phases where I don’t think there's a chance in hell that he is scum, and some phases where I feel he knows too much about the current state of the game. Scum gut lean.

Punchy: Lots of words. Lots and lots of words. Progression feels natural enough, don’t really know how to feel. Gut says null leaning scum.

Rolf: I don’t like that they didn't do a lot of work pushing other people until they were on the chopping block. Defences and reads have seemed natural enough.

Yuka: I never vote here cause of Eugene’s slot

Lynch Order (Towniest at Top):

Julian
Yuka
Flurry
Cherry
Agent S
Phil
Punchy
Rolf
Apollo
Merengue
Final reads list from Fauna. Tank/Apollo/Rolf still near the bottom, with Punchy, Phil & myself rounding out the middle. Eugene/Flurry/Cherry top towns.
Old 03-24-2020, 06:51 PM   #4886
TWG Agent S
FFR Player

Punchy, Rolf, Apollo, and for some time Phil were all in Fauna's crosshairs multiple times throughout the game. And I don't mean in a playful banter kind of way either. Came off as general scrumreading for the sake of pushing a wolf agenda.

It's super telling to me that out of everyone involved in Fauna's reads, Cherry is the most absent, and the least talked about, or talked with.

Flurry flips multiple times in Fauna's pov. I am unsure whether to takeaway it as wolf siding or town siding based on their interactions.

Pretty comfortable stating that after the iso, Rolf, Apollo & Punchy are off the table for me. A world that contains Phil is still lingering for me, but it's not where I want to be for today.

I think where we need to go next, is Cherry.
Old 03-24-2020, 06:56 PM   #4887
TWG Apollo
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Rolf View Post
Fauna's got another weird interaction with Tank that I had forgotten about, prodding Apollo about apparently asking others what he should think about Tank, but the posts linked to back that up didn't fit that line of prodding at all.
This was when I started scum reading fauna actually. Those posts in general were really bad and I called them out for it.
Old 03-24-2020, 07:03 PM   #4888
TWG Rolf
FFR Player

Going off of Fauna interactions, I'd like to vote between Merengue and Punchy I think.

Agent S, can you explain how you're getting punchy off the table from iso'ing fauna?
Old 03-24-2020, 07:07 PM   #4889
TWG Agent S
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Rolf View Post
Going off of Fauna interactions, I'd like to vote between Merengue and Punchy I think.

Agent S, can you explain how you're getting punchy off the table from iso'ing fauna?
There is a consistent null-and-lower read towards Punchy this entire game. Obviously they never got around to putting money where their mouth was, as there was always a juicier lynch candidate for them on the table. But, ctrl+F my large post for all iterations of 'Punchy', and you'll see that a lot of interactions are either throwing shade at them, putting them in the null pile next to me, pushing on them and backpedaling, or generally putting them near the bottom of their read lists.
Old 03-24-2020, 07:09 PM   #4890
TWG Apollo
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Agent S View Post
There is a consistent null-and-lower read towards Punchy this entire game. Obviously they never got around to putting money where their mouth was, as there was always a juicier lynch candidate for them on the table. But, ctrl+F my large post for all iterations of 'Punchy', and you'll see that a lot of interactions are either throwing shade at them, putting them in the null pile next to me, pushing on them and backpedaling, or generally putting them near the bottom of their read lists.
Do you think fauna could be doing that to create some distance between them?
Old 03-24-2020, 07:12 PM   #4891
TWG Agent S
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Apollo View Post
Given that my iso post covers every post in-game up until right now, no. I don't think wolves would expend the energy to distance themselves literally all game. That's such a huge commitment to make, and would be easier to just commit to townreading each other, or not have anything to say to one another. Distancing imo is pretty applicable to situations where you don't want pairing on a certain idea, but not very applicable to scenarios involving the entire game.
Old 03-24-2020, 07:16 PM   #4892
TWG Isabelle
FFR Player

Vote Count:
3/25 @ 00:00

00:59 = good
00:00 = bad

==============

Agent S [1]
Apollo

Punchy [1]
Phil

Flurry [1]
Cherry

Cherry [1]
Agent S

==============

Also, attention everyone! Seeing as I'm now the host. From now on, anyone who doesn't meet the post requirement set by the Mayor (Xiz) will be modkilled. No exceptions, you're welcome.

Last edited by TWG Isabelle; 03-24-2020 at 07:23 PM..
Old 03-24-2020, 07:16 PM   #4893
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

I feel like I'm witnessing the play of the year.

I'm just hoping the source is trustworthy.
Old 03-24-2020, 07:18 PM   #4894
TWG Agent S
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Apollo View Post
Better question: Do you think it would be more likely for Fauna to create wolf theatre with their wolf partners for literally the entire game, or take it up in day/night chat for conflict resolution when it happens, and split the difference? There's no Acqui now, so wolf chat is guaranteed not anonymous right now.
Old 03-24-2020, 07:20 PM   #4895
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

Quote:
Punchy, Rolf, Apollo, and for some time Phil were all in Fauna's crosshairs multiple times throughout the game. And I don't mean in a playful banter kind of way either. Came off as general scrumreading for the sake of pushing a wolf agenda.

It's super telling to me that out of everyone involved in Fauna's reads, Cherry is the most absent, and the least talked about, or talked with.

Flurry flips multiple times in Fauna's pov. I am unsure whether to takeaway it as wolf siding or town siding based on their interactions.

Pretty comfortable stating that after the iso, Rolf, Apollo & Punchy are off the table for me. A world that contains Phil is still lingering for me, but it's not where I want to be for today.

I think where we need to go next, is Cherry.
this is entirely solid reasoning but you've settled on the wrong person with me. I was pretty widely townread for a while at least, so it was pretty easy for a wolf to just follow that without much effort what what

we're running out of lynches and if the latest replacement is town and gets modkilled then we come down to the wire pretty damn quickly. don't waste a lynch on me
Old 03-24-2020, 07:22 PM   #4896
TWG Agent S
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Cherry View Post
this is entirely solid reasoning but you've settled on the wrong person with me. I was pretty widely townread for a while at least, so it was pretty easy for a wolf to just follow that without much effort what what

we're running out of lynches and if the latest replacement is town and gets modkilled then we come down to the wire pretty damn quickly. don't waste a lynch on me
Yes Sure, better to waste the lynch in Rolf/Apollo/Punchy, which is where a lot of people in the thread were going, which from what info we have from verified wolves right now, is exactly where they wanted the lynch to go.

What's your thoughts on the Fauna dump?
Old 03-24-2020, 07:24 PM   #4897
TWG Rolf
FFR Player

I'm not really seeing the backpedaling on punchy from fauna, just a pretty consistent null with slight prods, backpedaling would be more along the lines of what they did with me. I don't see enough there to warrant taking punchy off the table
Old 03-24-2020, 07:26 PM   #4898
TWG Rolf
FFR Player

Quote:
Yes Sure, better to waste the lynch in Rolf/Apollo/Punchy, which is where a lot of people in the thread were going,
??
Old 03-24-2020, 07:26 PM   #4899
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Quote:
Better question: Do you think it would be more likely for Fauna to create wolf theatre with their wolf partners for literally the entire game, or take it up in day/night chat for conflict resolution when it happens, and split the difference? There's no Acqui now, so wolf chat is guaranteed not anonymous right now.
I don't know why, but I'm reading you mentioning that they went back to a normal chat as a red flag.

If wolves didn't knew each others at first, it's very likely that their read lists are more real than fake.

At least, until Dora flipped. I think Fauna posted that read list before that point.
Old 03-24-2020, 07:27 PM   #4900
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

Quote:
Yes Sure, better to waste the lynch in Rolf/Apollo/Punchy, which is where a lot of people in the thread were going, which from what info we have from verified wolves right now, is exactly where they wanted the lynch to go.

What's your thoughts on the Fauna dump?
I don't want to lynch any of those three right now. flurry still strikes me as the best lynch for today.

the work you've put in to do the fauna superpost is appreciated and helpful. adds credibility to my position that the zucker wagon is for sure not clear what what
Closed Thread