Old 03-17-2020, 09:07 PM   #3501
TWG Maple
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Fauna View Post
He was wrong about town leaning you? What???
Can you guys read the rest of the read thanks
Old 03-17-2020, 09:08 PM   #3502
TWG Maple
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Agent S View Post
ahh fuck I knew I forgot something.

Well I've got free time, let me go ISO Rolf.
How do you forget something you've repeated and been dead set on SINCE D0
Old 03-17-2020, 09:09 PM   #3503
TWG Julian
FFR Player

not sure what to make of maple's iso. why now? why put in the work here and not earlier when they were in "vote me so i'll hammer myself" mode?
Old 03-17-2020, 09:10 PM   #3504
TWG Cole
FFR Player

i also argue that a few more people then just me are reading maple as wolf

i will accept that i was one of the first and gladly accept responsibility if that is the lynch

i am certain it is a hit
Old 03-17-2020, 09:11 PM   #3505
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Maple View Post
Can you guys read the rest of the read thanks
you quoted a reads list, one that said you were a town lean, and said they were wrong. what did you expect? what what
Old 03-17-2020, 09:12 PM   #3506
TWG Maple
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Julian View Post
not sure what to make of maple's iso. why now? why put in the work here and not earlier when they were in "vote me so i'll hammer myself" mode?
Did not have the time. I'll still hammer, I don't say something and not do it LIKE AGENT S
Old 03-17-2020, 09:12 PM   #3507
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

if your issue with it was the reasoning maybe you should've said that outright instead of implying a townread on you was wrong what what

when multiple people are misinterpreting you it's on you not them
Old 03-17-2020, 09:13 PM   #3508
TWG Maple
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Cherry View Post
you quoted a reads list, one that said you were a town lean, and said they were wrong. what did you expect? what what
I expected competent players, my bad
Old 03-17-2020, 09:13 PM   #3509
TWG Maple
FFR Player

If you guys check my post history, i called him out on it when i saw it and got no reply.
Old 03-17-2020, 09:15 PM   #3510
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

hmmm yes clearly misinterpreting this ambiguous post is because of incompetence and not lack of clarity yes what what
Old 03-17-2020, 09:16 PM   #3511
TWG Fauna
FFR Player

By the looks of all of this, maple/cole/agent s are definitely not W/W/W

I think there's at least 1 towny in the group, maybe 2
Old 03-17-2020, 09:16 PM   #3512
TWG Rolf
FFR Player

Quote:
Are you trying to channel Chief so people think you'll be a miss too?
Old 03-17-2020, 09:16 PM   #3513
TWG Cole
FFR Player

Quote:
quote from thread when maple threw a tantrum and announced they would throw the game by self hammering
Old 03-17-2020, 09:19 PM   #3514
TWG Cole
FFR Player

at rolf

while you are here do you have three players you are willing to lynch and if so who are they?

this info now could be useful later

other then the confirms who do you never lynch?
Old 03-17-2020, 09:22 PM   #3515
TWG Apollo
FFR Player

Flurry's new read list
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Flurry View Post
I'm not happy with this because it sounds like a boring town read fest, but the goal was more to help you understand what I was thinking at times.

How I post is usually a spur of the moment thing. I can think someone is very wolfy and then town read them because I randomly changed my mind while thinking at a small detail. It's usually best to not take my votes and actions too seriously unless we're close of EoD. I do a lot of "thinking out loud". Yes, that's my excuse for the PoE part. Sorry, if you don't like it.

01) Agent S - I'm going to be honest, I didn't really reread him at all and I just felt like early game mind meld was enough for me so, this is a fairly weak town lean. I know he has a few votes that looks bad and he probably expected pressure, but I was overall content with how he posted and I never quite picked it up if something was inherently wolfy.
- slight town lean (but kind of shaky tbh)

02) Apollo - No surprise here. Your game progression got marginally better as the game progressed and everything I didn't like at first had little reason to be. I still find it odd that you didn't vote D0 and some of your post left me confused more than anything early game. I tried to be more strict about scum leaning you later in the game and I never could find anything that would have been fair and when you started to contribute more, it forced me to re evaluate. I still had a tinfoil thing going with you because I don't have tendency to reset what you did in the earlier phases, but nothing justifiable.
- town lean

04) Cherry - I kind of had a omgus beef with you D0 and kept you null probably unfairly because I kept wondering what you were trying to do with my slot. Upon revisiting your iso and watching you interact with the others players I ended up town leaning you despite wanting not to for stupid selfish reasons. I started later on thinking you were slanking D2, but you came back and I don't see anything off in how you're posting.
- town lean

08) Dotty || Chrissy || Cole - Chrissy did the thing where you're active, but you're not really getting anywhere or interacting much with anyone in a meaningful way. Cole was more mechanical/solvy. I've seen attempts at objectively putting pieces together. I still think this is a cursed slot and that he didn't get to post enough to get the same level of confidence as the other players for a town read.
- null ish

09) Fauna - I somehow convinced myself that your tone was off and that you were posting too objectively like by providing lists and doing things more mechanically. I expected leans to be more centered around tone reads, but let's be fair here. It's an anon game. Good luck tone reading everyone right blindly. You probably realized that. Anyway your "big read list" post does contain what I believe to be natural content. I just had a tin foil moment as if you could actually fabricate these reads while also mostly telling the truth, but the leans on your list makes sense(I check leans to see how you're trying to push the game) and your shorter posts also look natural. The only reason you're not a normal town lean has been activity and I'm pretty sure that's whatever as a reason.
- slight town lean

12) Maple - Okay, you did it. I failed. I need to actually read the posts outside of your fake claim and pray I find something to town read you as well. I'm town reading you over the fake claim thing, but I feel like I need to take an insurance and iso you before the end of this phase.
- I really think slight town lean over null anyway

14) Melba || Eugene - If you payed attention to Eugene, you'd notice that he was pretty much on no filter mode. He would just chain posts after post and sometimes I feel like he didn't even have time to think. That makes him extremely prone to slips and mistakes if he rolled wolf. I think the emotions were pure as well.
- strong town lean

16) Phil - Well, I've been kind of half doing my thing and half sheeping you all game because I liked where you were at most of the time.
I pretty much liked everything you did this game.
- strong town lean

17) Punchy - I don't know if it's the rp, but it took me a while to sit back, read and attempt to connect with what you were posting. I don't mean that in a bad way. You had very good points in general, but I'm literally sheeping the other players read for your slot because I keep reading your posts in a sketchy way that doesn't give justice to the quality of your content. I feel like I'm wrong about you when you post things while I'm not around tho.
- slight town lean

18) Rolf - You had interesting posts, but it never quite got to the point where it felt like there was a memorable game impact. I feel like you got busy outside of the game and that you didn't really get a chance to play like you would have wanted. It's hard to tell where you wanted to push the narrative with the game and I don't know if that was on purpose or not, but it's making your slot be one of the closest of a coin flip.
Null - wolf lean (?)

19) Tank - Another player that I know is well capable of outplaying everyone here with a solid tone game. The critical talk was really on point if you took the time to read him and it makes me feel like it could go either way. I know you're all town reading him and that I should town read him, but if you're ever in mylo/lylo, that I'm dead and there's one wolf left and all the coin flips are gone + Agent S. It's probably here.
Slight town lean anyway because it's fantasy tier for this phase

Flurry's old read list

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Flurry View Post
Reads from my perspective:

01) Agent S - Potential pocket attempt on me early game with mind meld overall. Null ish. I feel like was contributing to town overall so, slight town lean.

02) Apollo - Seems to be into doing quick jab and steering the pot once in a while. Curious to know about his reads overall. null ish

04) Cherry - Progression seems fine overall and I'm okay with the more recent posts. Town lean

05) Chief - A little lost about how the posts are formed and what are his goals. He could be confused on what he wants to priorize. Unsure. null ish

08) Dotty Chrissy - Very difficult to read. I would need reads or posts that helps me read them. Felt more on the generic nai posts. null

09) Fauna - The big recent read post looked pretty natural to me so, I tend to town read over it. Seems busy with life so, I can understand the lower activity. Town lean

11) Julian - I think the wolf version of Julian would be more passive and less all over the place than this Julian. I think this active Julian is town, but sometimes get stuck in strange situations due to improvisiong. Town lean

12) Maple - Someone I need to iso in the near future to have a more objective read. null

13) Mathilda - I really liked the effort in the second phase and I feel like posts are coming from an honest place. Town lean

14) Melba Eugene - No filter. I sometimes feel like he posts before thinking, but I do the same so, it's okay. I feel like that playstyle is really difficult to maintain as a wolf so, I tend to town read here.

15) Molly - wolf lean. See my more recent post with quotes.

16) Phil - D0 EoD movement from Zucker to Chief made me hesitate a little, but he went back to Zucker without second thought so, I tend to feel like he's more town than not. Lots of contributions with mechanics and reads overall. I wouldn't really question him before a few phases.

17) Punchy - The bigger posts seems really sharp and accurate while the shorter posts seems to be light jabs in the dark. Makes me feel like someone who has a lot of potential to push the game forward, but sometimes choose not to ? That's how I see the slot. I could be wrong and it's just a playstyle thing, but I keep having second thoughts because of quality content spikes. (I keep thinking it may come from a TMI place rather than real feelings overall. I might be biased and tunneling a bit on him showing intent to vote me tho)

18) Rolf - I really really need to pay more attention to him. null due to lack of investigating his posts.

19) Tank - Cherry iso's of Tank made me feel like Tank was town because I could understand where he was coming from with his posts and it seems natural to me. Town lean

I skipped Boomer, myself and dead players.

Maple is of note as he practically admits to never isoing them.

Looking at these lists back to back is solidifying my thought that flurry is just phoning it in and isn't trying to solve and is just pretending to look like he is
Old 03-17-2020, 09:22 PM   #3516
TWG Maple
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Cole View Post
quote from thread when maple threw a tantrum and announced they would throw the game by self hammering
When you find the tantrum, let me know.
Old 03-17-2020, 09:24 PM   #3517
TWG Apollo
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Cole View Post
i also argue that a few more people then just me are reading maple as wolf

i will accept that i was one of the first and gladly accept responsibility if that is the lynch

i am certain it is a hit
I was going off of memory when I mentioned you being one of the few to want to lunch maple. I didn't realize so many people had a vote on them
Old 03-17-2020, 09:25 PM   #3518
TWG Maple
FFR Player

Fauna is getting town points for when i flip town and you're all wrong. Fauna wolf. Hot take.
Old 03-17-2020, 09:28 PM   #3519
TWG Julian
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Apollo View Post
Looking at these lists back to back is solidifying my thought that flurry is just phoning it in and isn't trying to solve and is just pretending to look like he is
i think that's just how flurry is when they don't have something solid to grasp onto and push it
Old 03-17-2020, 09:28 PM   #3520
TWG Julian
FFR Player

Quote:
Fauna is getting town points for when i flip town and you're all wrong. Fauna wolf. Hot take.
what about phil?
Closed Thread