Old 04-10-2015, 03:19 PM   #81
noname219
FFR Wiki Admin
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to noname219
Default Re: Regarding missing scores.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co....php?level=959

Only displays top 200 scores. I'll be saving each of these pages before robots update their cached data.

Last edited by noname219; 04-11-2015 at 06:54 PM..
noname219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 03:39 PM   #82
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

For those saying "lesson learned" or "mistakes happen" or "well at least it was only scores," you are all missing a significant point.

There's been a recent influx of threads that point at staff, there's a history of people making threads about staff. Whether the community is misinformed or not about the inner workings of FFR, their concern is only perpetuated by things like this. I'm slowly moving myself away from FFR because I think, for the most part, the community's pretty toxic and the people I do care about I already have on Skype so I don't need FFR to stay in touch. But there are still people who use things like prochat, profiles, people still actively play the game. There's a lot of community investment in the site.

So, what does it say about the future of FFR when precautions are not being made to keep the community, the site, up and running?

Absolutely, without a doubt, having a 6 month old backup as the primary backup is wrong. Absolutely, without a doubt, performing experimental changes on a live site is wrong. From what I'm gathering, the only reason there even was a backup to roll back to, was due to the server move that occurred around October. Where the fuck would we be if we had to roll back scores to, like, fuckin' 2010 when the site came back up? This basically tells us that the only reason there was a backup was because the people involved in the server move were forced to make a backup (presumably by someone who's a capable and competent staff member).

Performing changes on a live set is even worse, because not only does it tell us that there is no test environment, but whatever script Velocity wrote was rash and impulsive. The raw scoring implementation should have been tested through and through. I would think that the community would have been fine with 2-3 days of site downtime to make sure everything would be working properly, but instead now we have to deal with ungodly site load times, and 6 months of "work" destroyed because someone thought it was a good idea to drop a fucking table in an environment with end users on it.

So, yeah. This was rectified pretty quickly and calmly, but that's not the issue. This never should have happened in the first place. Is this going to foreshadow what the site might see in the coming days?
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 03:42 PM   #83
Kawaiimachine
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Could we get free secret songs for a short period of time cause I was not expecting to play some of those files for a while and spent everything on store songs and gambling hall
Kawaiimachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 03:43 PM   #84
dvaskate
bodhisattva
FFR Veteran

So i saved a couple replays between October 25, 2014 and April 6, 2015, does that mean the scores will be automatically update sometime?

Last edited by dvaskate; 04-10-2015 at 03:55 PM..
dvaskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 03:48 PM   #85
Deadlyx39
FFR Player

What happened, happened. Unless you have replays saved of your scores it really won't matter too much. I came back to this site in September, and scores were only backed up to October. I probably lost a large amount of my non-AAAs. But oh well, there's nothing I can really do about it, so I just move on and keep doing what I'm doing.

What Velocity did could have easily been prevented but give the guy a bit of slack. Fuck ups happen every now and then. Shitting on Velocity will only make the situation get worse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Blaster View Post
Why should I care about this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
whats in it for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizz13114 View Post
Fun times and meme sluts
Quote:
ew meme sluts
ew fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
do you realize how asinine all of your posts are
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
i would also like to take this opportunity to shout out deadlyx39

on the one hand i feel as though your absence from these forums is a shelled victory for all ffr forumites however after careful examination of my internal feeling apparatus i have come to the conclusion that i do in fact miss your posts

[...]

come back

i need to laugh at you

once more

Deadlyx39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 06:22 PM   #86
Tarrik
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tarrik Send a message via Skype™ to Tarrik

Well, I lost a bunch of good scores. 200-400 Tier points. This, that. It's a shame. As much as i'd like to smack talk the devs that did this, there's no point. The mistake has happened and i'm sure they already feel stupid/bad enough. I've stopped playing as of a few months ago, but i definitely wont be picking it up again. Good luck to everyone getting scores back.

Last edited by Tarrik; 04-10-2015 at 06:22 PM..
Tarrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 06:30 PM   #87
Dynam0
The Dominator

Just realized my husigi booflag is gone

and i'm not rattled one bit hmm..I guess it just comes down to how much it matters to people whether it's noted on paper or not how good they are :/
Dynam0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 06:33 PM   #88
yo man im awesome
soleil ardent
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Just under 400 tier points removed

nice

Quote:
you double dad loving dipshit
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.
yo man im awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 08:05 PM   #89
scoper49
Rainbow Dash is Best Pony
FFR Veteran

I wouldn't be so mad about this happening if I didn't start getting back into FFR heavily in November. I had a massive skill spike and I've been using the last 5 months to try and sdg any song with an fc. Had a goal to get the 100% public songs played token and now with hundreds of scores lost it's so far away.

Plus all my top songs were pretty much a "fluke run." Doubtful I can manage some of my best scores again without trying numerous times.

Also being able to submit scores is going to skew the leader boards. At least for a while. Someone who has tons of backups is going to appear higher on the boards compared to someone who doesn't and either stops playing because of this or doesn't care to song-whore anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redorigami View Post
THERE IS NO GOD DAMN BOTH.
It's not an option.
My TCG Binder

scoper49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 08:13 PM   #90
One Winged Angel
Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynam0 View Post
Just realized my husigi booflag is gone
that was a AAA and u no it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
i want to be cucked by cirno
One Winged Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 08:39 PM   #91
RB_Spirit
D7 Elite Keymasher

Send a message via Skype™ to RB_Spirit

Yo velocity son suck a dick u a ****** bruh hope ya fuckin eat shit ice cream bruh fight me in real life bruh fuk u bruh ffr is life bruh fuck outa here bruh do u even lift bruh?
Blackflags are worse than whiteflags and AAA's are indicated as yellow in R^3, suggesting that a perfect score is Asian.
RB_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 09:19 PM   #92
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Absolutely, without a doubt, having a 6 month old backup as the primary backup is wrong. Absolutely, without a doubt, performing experimental changes on a live site is wrong. From what I'm gathering, the only reason there even was a backup to roll back to, was due to the server move that occurred around October. Where the fuck would we be if we had to roll back scores to, like, fuckin' 2010 when the site came back up? This basically tells us that the only reason there was a backup was because the people involved in the server move were forced to make a backup (presumably by someone who's a capable and competent staff member).
That would be Synthlight.

The devs owe everyone here an apology explaining what measures they're going to take to ensure better site stability. Show that the community can trust the development team and that the development team can take accountability and not just stay quiet about something that obviously was a disaster. For example:
- Get a testing environment set up. choof and Fission can give more input on this to the development team, but the development team will have to be able to cooperate first.
- Regularly do code reviews so if something like autocomplete inserted something unexpected in a script (like what happened with the boo problem that removed a lot of scores by accident), it can be caught. Of course, this falls straight into the test environment portion as well...
- Weekly backups will start this weekend.

Last edited by DossarLX ODI; 04-10-2015 at 09:23 PM..
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 09:37 PM   #93
Rapta
🡸Index🡻Is🡹Fun!🡺
Global ModeratorMultiplayer ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

This was quite the unfortunate event.
Note the left hand pinky. It stretches out into attack mode to make etienne's hand appear larger, an intimidation technique for the arrows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourningfall
[3:51 PM] Mourningfall: i spent the second half of that song getting face fucked by a fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Hi I see rapta come play TWG next game
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
Rapta thinks alot about memes and fonts. I'd be inclined to think he's town because wolves wouldn't have time to meme would they ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk
if we keep releasing engines that work on 1/4 of people's computers, we'll get there
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger
do u even agrabah
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger
Today at 12:53 AM
I have no fucking idea how you were able to identify that specific line from meme show so you are basically an elder god of memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotik
When I think Mother’s Day, I think Venetian Snares.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haku
have you heard someone mention eating pancakes to negate friday 13th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk at 10:53:56pm on 10/26/11
OMFG VC! I want your programming fingers in or around my mouth OnO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storn at 3:03 PM
We have so many batches open. Its like a backlog clearance sale. ALL FILES MUST GO!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonE156 at 11:07 PM
You've never felt intimacy until you've practiced Jiu Jitsu ground techniques with the only girl in class
Rapta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 09:51 PM   #94
Skohor
FFR Player

Oh... i play FFR for real since february, 17, 2015... so... i've lost all of my score ? :/

Okay, so over than 800 songs and 100 FC's to replay, ok, i will... :/

Good luck to fix it all guys...

Last edited by Skohor; 04-10-2015 at 10:05 PM..
Skohor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 03:30 AM   #95
L.B.D.D
FFR Player

this is hilarious and sad at the same time
6+ months without a backup.. nice
L.B.D.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 08:38 AM   #96
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadlyx39 View Post
What happened, happened. Unless you have replays saved of your scores it really won't matter too much. I came back to this site in September, and scores were only backed up to October. I probably lost a large amount of my non-AAAs. But oh well, there's nothing I can really do about it, so I just move on and keep doing what I'm doing.

What Velocity did could have easily been prevented but give the guy a bit of slack. Fuck ups happen every now and then. Shitting on Velocity will only make the situation get worse.
i mean this will probably happen in sets of 3 too mirite
MinaciousGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 08:39 AM   #97
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untimely Friction View Post
help i dont understand the concept of matters
because you dont and nothing you ever do will
MinaciousGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 08:42 AM   #98
mrpreggers
D7 Elite Keymasher

let's not get nasty my friends : - (
Old 04-11-2015, 12:24 PM   #99
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 08:40 PM   #100
Red Blaster
Bridge Burner
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Meh.
It sucks losing 90% of my scores, but I never really had anything impressive anyway..I feel bad for the high D5-7 people who lost stuff that actually matters. I don't want to harp on Velocity or reiterate shit that's been said multiple times, but I do feel that given how FFR treats staff positions (i.e like its a real fucking job that you professionally apply for) that somebody needs to step down or something. If this happened in a professional situation somebody would be getting straight up fired so it kinda makes sense given the aforementioned stance on staff "hiring"..but we all know this won't happen because circlejerk etc.

I think it's kinda sad that Zag's the only one who's even said anything and there wasn't even a apologetic sentiment to it..just this kind of what's done is done so deal with it blasé tone.

Anyway whatever..no point in fussing over spilled milk. Another nail in the proverbial coffin for ffr's userbase.
Quote:
hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
what's a milky christmas :O
Red Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote