Old 11-30-2012, 09:38 PM   #5221
AlexDest
good hot
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (Submissions CLOSED)

maybe you should step a better song
Old 11-30-2012, 09:40 PM   #5222
krunkykai22
<3 Jumpstream <3
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to krunkykai22 Send a message via Yahoo to krunkykai22 Send a message via Skype™ to krunkykai22

I gathered that much, and as I told AJ last night on the phone, we don't have any music from that Artist in game whatsoever. I went through the permissions list and just picked one and that happened to be one of the better (non loop) songs he had. And to be quite honest, it's not a horrible song lol

But, still I got 6+ based on such a "horrible" song so it obviously wasn't that bad now was it lol
Old 11-30-2012, 09:41 PM   #5223
Nullifidian
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by krunkykai22 View Post
I agree with you 100%, I really do, but take a look at this:

Kommisar:
NRG (2/10)
-Basically just a very repetitive jumpstream that cuts off abruptly.

TC_Halogen:
NRG (krunkykai22)
Rating: 6/10 [+.]

- incredibly generic song
- pitch relevancy is alright but certainly could use reworking in the second half when both the melody and lower chords change
- layering is acceptable
- despite the short length, file drags quite a bit, as it's just one big 16th stream for a minute

NRG (krunkykai22) - [+.] 6/10
- Ehhhh, the song choice is lackluster and it's repetitive. Your pitch relevancy is inconsistent so, I'm only going to point out a couple errors.
- s3.47 should be an up arrow and s3.70 should be a right arrow. This error continues.
- s14.78, should be the same jump from before (a [23]). This kind of pattern continues through-out.
- The file should end with a 16th note. I'd suggest going over your pitch relevancy more discreetly.

NRG (krunkykai22) 7/10
Not very good termination of the song (need better edition), and not very variable in the structure due to the song, but overall good PR/pattern choice and replayable short file.

looking at those notes, tell me in what what his notes were argumented correctly? At least the other 3 gave proper mistakes to fix. How can I fix anything based upon what Kommi said?
How about repetetiveness? Repetetiveness is a pretty good point to make and others mentioned it as well in their reviews. Kommi is just more strict about it and honestly, I agree with kommi. I haven't played the file but if the song and file are one big repetetive jumpstream, I wouldn't want to play it.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:43 PM   #5224
krunkykai22
<3 Jumpstream <3

Send a message via AIM to krunkykai22 Send a message via Yahoo to krunkykai22 Send a message via Skype™ to krunkykai22

We have a lot of songs in game right now that are repetitive jumpstream lol So what's the big deal about a 1:09 long js song that is only 16th notes? lol it's not like it's a ridiculous clusterfuk of a file lol

Either way just so most of you know, I wasn't expecting this file to get accepted anyway. That was my first ever solo chart I've ever submitted. It was understandable to some degree of the ratings I got. I agree with the judges to be quite fair. So I'm not arguing about it "not being accepted so I'm QQ'ing about it"
Old 11-30-2012, 09:48 PM   #5225
Nullifidian
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
We have a lot of songs in game right now that are repetitive jumpstream lol So what's the big deal about a 1:09 long js song that is only 16th notes? lol it's not like it's a ridiculous clusterfuk of a file lol

Either way just so most of you know, I wasn't expecting this file to get accepted anyway. That was my first ever solo chart I've ever submitted. It was understandable to some degree of the ratings I got. I agree with the judges to be quite fair. So I'm not arguing about it "not being accepted so I'm QQ'ing about it"
A lot of the songs in game that are repetetive jumpstream wouldn't be easily accepted if it was my call, unless it was unique and doing something different than usual.

And a fyi, I wasn't arguing about dear noriko being accepted or not either. Hell, I didn't even calculate the average rating for it, but that comment about layering rubbed me the wrong way because it was not a valid argument to make.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:48 PM   #5226
PrawnSkunk
Administrator
User Administrator
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
But, still I got 6+ based on such a "horrible" song so it obviously wasn't that bad now was it lol
If it makes you feel any better, Icyworld would have given you [++] for your 1:09 of pure, raw jumpstream. see: vs boss battle
Old 11-30-2012, 09:49 PM   #5227
krunkykai22
<3 Jumpstream <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrawnSkunk View Post
If it makes you feel any better, Icyworld would have given you [++] for your 1:09 of pure, raw jumpstream. see: vs boss battle
Just like I woulda given him a 10/10 for his Gravity Blast Chart lolololol :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by _.Spitfire._ View Post
A lot of the songs in game that are repetetive jumpstream wouldn't be easily accepted if it was my call, unless it was unique and doing something different than usual.

And a fyi, I wasn't arguing about dear noriko being accepted or not either. Hell, I didn't even calculate the average rating for it, but that comment about layering rubbed me the wrong way because it was not a valid argument to make.
And yeah I understand the subjectiveness of a person's notes can be a bit discouraging. I've seen many batch notes piss people off to no end. But, again this is her 2nd batch she's judged. Gotta give her some credit for being descriptive and stuff. It's technically not the end of the world man, especially to someone like you (to whom a lot of your files are some of my favorite in game)
Old 11-30-2012, 09:51 PM   #5228
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

Quote:
Subjectivemanias.

People judge as they feel fit hence why they are judges lol

You don't see me going to Kommi and bitchin up a storm because he gave me a 2 lol

Deal with it
well at least my reasons for giving you a 2 are justified. I don't need to elaborate on why 2 minutes of constant awkward jumpstream is unfun and not fit for FFR. Though I guess it's hard to say that in one-liners. There is a way to make fun dynamic jumpstream files but there's a little more to it I guess is what I'm tryna say.

I totally complained about silvuh giving me a 5 on arsonist

cuz you don't just reject kommisar files.

Last edited by kommisar; 11-30-2012 at 09:54 PM..
Old 11-30-2012, 09:53 PM   #5229
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

kommisar has a tendency to either give a file a decently high rating or a drastically low rating that immediately destroys your file from any chance of being accepted

Short notes like that and also destroying the file's chances of being accepted whatsoever is something to be concerned about. With the right judging team, my Metro file could have gotten 5/1/1/1 or 5/5/5/5. It wound up with 5/5/1/5 in the submission before it got accepted.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:56 PM   #5230
krunkykai22
<3 Jumpstream <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI View Post
kommisar has a tendency to either give a file a decently high rating or a drastically low rating that immediately destroys your file from any chance of being accepted

Short notes like that and also destroying the file's chances of being accepted whatsoever is something to be concerned about. With the right judging team, my Metro file could have gotten 5/1/1/1 or 5/5/5/5. It wound up with 5/5/1/5 in the submission before it got accepted.
Exactly.

Kommi - If your rating of a 2 was completely justified, then why were your notes mainly about 2 simplistic problems? (Repetitiveness, length) Comparing your notes (yes I compare a lot) to others, they had MORE to say and gave a BETTER rating then you did? As a "professional" to stepping, you should set an example to other members and judges on how to properly depict a good rating from a bad rating, and how to properly write notes to how not too.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:57 PM   #5231
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

By the way, if you're a judge and you give anything below a 5, that basically is saying that you're not letting that person's file ingame.

To balance out anything lower than a 5, you would need a shitload of 8s or 9s.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:01 PM   #5232
krunkykai22
<3 Jumpstream <3

Read your edit:

Then as a official judge shouldn't you properly list which measures or beats or even what arrows "should" be a different arrow for Pitch Relevancy or ANYTHING besides a simple one liner?

Giving proper notes to depict mistakes are what makes a simfile author a better one. Since I'm "fairly" new to this whole stepping ordeal, how in the world are newer simfile artists going to benefit from having you as a judge in this case?
Old 11-30-2012, 10:01 PM   #5233
Nullifidian
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Exactly.

Kommi - If your rating of a 2 was completely justified, then why were your notes mainly about 2 simplistic problems? (Repetitiveness, length) Comparing your notes (yes I compare a lot) to others, they had MORE to say and gave a BETTER rating then you did? As a "professional" to stepping, you should set an example to other members and judges on how to properly depict a good rating from a bad rating, and how to properly write notes to how not too.
Because repetetiveness and length (a lot of this comes down to song choice) are basically like having the song synced properly. If it's not synced or if you chose a poor song, it's no use reviewing that much more in depth because it's already wrong in the fundamentals

Last edited by Nullifidian; 11-30-2012 at 10:05 PM..
Old 11-30-2012, 10:02 PM   #5234
kommisar
Dark Chancellor

I kept my notes to one-liners because JX said it was all that was necessary.

I'm more than willing to elaborate on why I gave such a rating later on if needed though.

I gave your file a 2/10 for the following reasons:

-Long generic jumpstream files are not difficult to step nor do they portray any sort of effort. Maybe in 2004 this was generally accepted, but there are far too many 2 minute jumpstream files with no variation whatsoever. We have enough of those, even in the FFR game itself.
-The patterns themselves weren't very well constructed and leads to many left/right hand bias.
-The cut of the song ends far too abruptly. I do deduce points for this. If a song is going to make it in-game, it shouldn't he a half-assed recording or cut of a song. Very rarely does audio get replaced in FFR.

Looking back, I probably hated on metro more than I should have. out of 5 it probably deserved a 3 but still had awful patterns.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:02 PM   #5235
iironiic
D6 FFR Legacy Player
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iironiic View Post
So much queue queue in this thread ;__;
.. there's always a next batch rofl
Old 11-30-2012, 10:04 PM   #5236
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

Quote:
Read your edit:

Then as a official judge shouldn't you properly list which measures or beats or even what arrows "should" be a different arrow for Pitch Relevancy or ANYTHING besides a simple one liner?

Giving proper notes to depict mistakes are what makes a simfile author a better one. Since I'm "fairly" new to this whole stepping ordeal, how in the world are newer simfile artists going to benefit from having you as a judge in this case?
your file repeats at 67.34, 84.734, 102.322, 104.435

that seems kind of pointless when just saying "your file repeats a lot please go back and revise some patterns to make it seem less repetitive"
Old 11-30-2012, 10:05 PM   #5237
krunkykai22
<3 Jumpstream <3

Honestly, I respect that more detailed review, and that's how it SHOULD have been done in the first place.

"-Long generic jumpstream files are not difficult to do nor do they portray any sort of effort. Maybe in 2004 this was generally accepted, but there are far too many 2 minute jumpstream files with no variation whatsoever. We have enough of those, even in the FFR game itself."

One little problem I have with this kind of relates to why Spitfire got mad at Ichlie. It doesn't matter what your opinion is. In this case, "we have enough of those," that's not your decision to make and you shouldn't base a file off of this reasoning period.

As for the song, I didn't cut it or toy with it at all minus the 2 second silence I added in the beginning. It's exactly how it is on his newgrounds page. I could have changed the song to where it faded out to make a more "decent' ending, but I didn't toy with it.

EDIT: Carlos, how is that pointless? It is detailing specific parts that could be fixed or redone? lol And ffs I'm not fixing the file lol nor am I gonna resubmit it haha. it was something I threw together 2/3 days before the batch opened. Again I was glad I got 3 good ratings for my first solo chart.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:06 PM   #5238
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

poll, what do you guys think of this song choice?
Also the game is amazing, I play it when I'm mad at something and it makes me calm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

Old 11-30-2012, 10:09 PM   #5239
kommisar
Dark Chancellor

kil stepped thermosphere in 2006 and it is one of the best simfiles of all time

krunky I get that the whole "enough 2 minute dumpstream files" is probably subjective, but people are looking for variety these days. if all you ever did was change the music to the exact same steps, nobody would play those files anymore.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:09 PM   #5240
FissionMailed1
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to FissionMailed1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioNintendo View Post

Already been stepped. Wouldn't mind seeing it in FFR though.

YOUR THROBBING MULTIFARIOUS LUSTFUL DESIRES ARE COMPLETED N YOUR HYPER-ORANGE SELF, YOU MAKE ME LOVE AGAIN, YOU'VE CHANGED MY HEART, MY MELANCHOLIA DISAPPEARS WHEN YOU ARE INSIDE OF ME, MY HUMAN RAGE IS TEMPERED WHEN I AM INSIDE YOU, THE SECRET IS COMMUNICATION, LONGEVITY, STAMINA, REPETITION, FURY, SOULFUL KISSING, EARPLUGS. YOU FUCKING CORPORATE COCKS AND CUNTS.

MY ANXIETY COMPLETE, MY DESIRE REPLETE, THE TASTE OF ORANGE BLOOD AND CUM AND GREENBACKS RUNNING DOWN MY FACE. THE STREETS WILL RUN ORANGE WITH YOUR MIXTURE OF CHEETOS AND HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLS REGURGITATED AND EATEN AND SHIT OUT AGAIN AND EATEN AGAIN.

YOU ARE MY SCULPTURE, MY SCULPTRA, MY SELF-DEFINITION. MY DEFINITION OF HUMANITY, MY HARMONY. MY HEART AND MY MIND.

YOU ARE SO ORANGE. SO CRUNCHY. SO CONSUMABLE.

THE NEW ORANGE UNDERGROUND IS THE ORANGE UP MY ASS. AND YOUR ASS.

I LOVE YOU CHEETOS.
Closed Thread