Old 02-23-2009, 10:39 AM   #481
Vuture
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Vuture Send a message via Yahoo to Vuture Send a message via Skype™ to Vuture
Default Re: World of Warcraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun92 View Post
So no advice then?
I'll get to you in a second, first I wanna touch on this tanking issue.

I'd have to say, I think Prot Wars/Pally's make the best tanks. While DKs pull tons of aggro if speced correctly, I'm a hunter my pet rhino has pulled aggro of DKs with growl off. Granted, that's a crappy DK if that happens, but I've never had that issue with a war or pally. In addition, DKs really aren't meant to be a tanking class. More of a DPS IMO. I have even had DKs ask to duel just my Rhino alone (mind you I'm lvl 72 with a 71 Rhino) and that pet alone was gotten lvl 75/76 DKs down to 2k health before he died.

Now about you Gun92, I recommend going Shadow if you do alot of soloing. This way you aren't healing 100 times a fight instead of just DoTing the **** out of mobs. I've seen shadow priests obliterate mobs in about 10 seconds without a single scratch. Now once you hit around 65 or above, I recommend respeccing Holy, as those are in low supply but high demand at that level. If you plan to PvP, I'd still go Shadow until lvl 60 then respec Discipline.

Question: What is the meaning of life?
Answer: When life give you lemons, SQUIRT THEM IN THE EYES OF THOSE WHO ASK THAT QUESTION!
Vuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:20 AM   #482
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

Go Discipline. You can heal but you can also keep soloing for long amounts of time without running out of mana.

And you can say that, Devo, but everyone else is agreeing that warriors and paladins are slowly being phazed out.

Doesn't stop me from wanting a paladin tank, I think they're awesome. But it's hard getting that view across when everybody else wants a DK or a druid to tank.

Also, yeah, DKs are meant to be a tank. Blizz devs are even talking about it, half of the changes for them have been for tanking.

Quote:
You shouldn't talk down to people you don't know anything about, acting like you know more and then try to show them up in the forum. That's how you get absolutely no where.
Solid Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:43 AM   #483
Vuture
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Vuture Send a message via Yahoo to Vuture Send a message via Skype™ to Vuture

I guess if mana is that important to you go Discipline. But honestly, you'll lvl faster as shadow. However, if you want to do low level instances, you won't be an efficient healer.

Answer: When life give you lemons, SQUIRT THEM IN THE EYES OF THOSE WHO ASK THAT QUESTION!
Old 02-23-2009, 01:00 PM   #484
Gun92
The Paragon of Perfection
FFR Veteran

Cool cool, thanks much All I pretty much do right now is SW Sheild, then SW Pain, mind blast then wand. Guess at low levels thats about as much as you can do. Only at lvl 14 right now.
Gun92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:14 PM   #485
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I always dread having a DK tank. So horrible. My dps with my crapy gear sucks and they still cant hold aggro.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 05:11 PM   #486
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

I play a priest, so I will try to help you out, although I'm a little out of date.

Level as Shadow.

The very first few talents help you out with mana regen and they decrease down time. Out of all the three talent trees, it does the most damage from 1-80. You'll be able to kill things quicker and with less down time, meaning you will level faster. As far as dungeons go, as long as you don't run any level 70 heroics, you shouldn't need to be holy to heal. I healed all my dungeon runs from 1-80 as shadow. The 1-60 dungeons are a joke. In fact, I was in Shadowform in most of the 1-60 dungeons, switching out only to carry out my healing duties every now and then. The 60-80 dungeons require a lot more focus. You won't be able to switch in and out of shadowform to dps/heal, but it's still not difficult to heal without speccing into the disc or holy tree.

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 05:13 PM   #487
fido123
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
I always dread having a DK tank. So horrible. My dps with my crapy gear sucks and they still cant hold aggro.
They must be really ****ty tanks then cause I'm better geared then the one in my guild and he holds aggro fine.
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 05:17 PM   #488
Izzy
Snek

I guess i have just been unlucky. I would assume half of the people who choose to play death knights cant play the game at all.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:25 PM   #489
fido123
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
I guess i have just been unlucky. I would assume half of the people who choose to play death knights cant play the game at all.
They're basically the new huntards.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:45 PM   #490
Sullyman2007
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Sullyman2007

I absolutely hate instancing with DK tanks. I have to do a lot of pugging so I can catch up with my guild, and I have never had a good experience with a Death Knight tanking. Even if they are frost, they can't hold aggro for **** then I get blamed for pulling. It's even worse when you're in a group with two or even three of them.

Touching on the how to level a priest issue... I leveled my priest Holy. It took a lot longer, but I learned a lot really fast, especially when it came to instancing and raiding.
Sullyman2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 05:50 PM   #491
fido123
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullyman2007 View Post
I absolutely hate instancing with DK tanks. I have to do a lot of pugging so I can catch up with my guild, and I have never had a good experience with a Death Knight tanking. Even if they are frost, they can't hold aggro for **** then I get blamed for pulling. It's even worse when you're in a group with two or even three of them.
Again, the DK tank in my guild is in heroic gear...with like 2 peices of Naxx gear and subbed in for a 25 man Naxx raid with people pulling up 3-4K DPS, and apparently he did perfectly fine aggro wise. I think it's just the fact half the people who play deathknights are like "OMG I AM LEIK TEH KNITE OF DEATH AND STARTING CAMPAIGN IZ SO KEWL!!!!!11"
Old 02-23-2009, 08:13 PM   #492
Vuture
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by fido123 View Post
Again, the DK tank in my guild is in heroic gear...with like 2 peices of Naxx gear and subbed in for a 25 man Naxx raid with people pulling up 3-4K DPS, and apparently he did perfectly fine aggro wise. I think it's just the fact half the people who play deathknights are like "OMG I AM LEIK TEH KNITE OF DEATH AND STARTING CAMPAIGN IZ SO KEWL!!!!!11"
Lol, love the quote. A recent statistic was released saying that 25% of all active characters were DKs shortly after their release. That's crazy. But ya, when I pug, I put in the LFG message "No DKs please". I just don't take the risk anymore. I've had LK for a couple weeks now and I haven't started one yet. Not just because I'm not really into melee classes (Besides Prot Wars. Love them for some reason), but also because they're just way to OP'd IMO.

Old 02-23-2009, 09:29 PM   #493
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

I started one because I wanted an alt for when I had nothing to do on my main and didn't want to level from the beginning with anything since I have 3x exp from 1-60 when I party with my friend.

They're pretty fun, actually. I like not having to worry about mana, ever. And since this is my first character in plate, it's fun just standing there with 10 guys on you, laughing as you blow them all up.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:51 PM   #494
Izzy
Snek

The only reason id consider leveling another Death Knight is for gold.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:52 PM   #495
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

Compared to the other classes, the Death Knight is extremely new. People are still trying to figure out the best ways to play the class so of course some of them are going to suck and some of them are going to be good. People are still experimenting with different builds and rotations. Not only that, they've had less time to play the character because they started at 55. You can't expect every single DK to be good. I've partied with both good and bad DKs before, but I don't see the majority of them being bad. It seems to be a half and half mix.

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:57 PM   #496
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

Yeah, I was going to say, i haven't actually run into a "bad" DK tank, but I don't do heroics with them because I am the tank. :P

Quote:
You shouldn't talk down to people you don't know anything about, acting like you know more and then try to show them up in the forum. That's how you get absolutely no where.
Solid Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:29 PM   #497
Vuture
FFR Player

Well that's why you haven't had the bad experiences us DPS and Healers have had lol. To be honest, I'll just wait for the Blademaster class. (I am an orc afterall )

P.S. For those of you, like me, who didn't play Warcraft III, the Blademaster is an Orc only sword mastery hero class.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:06 AM   #498
Momoko_Katsura
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Momoko_Katsura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Dreams View Post
Do you have 70% dodge?
42.73%

and 1005 unbuffed now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRubix View Post
My ego could crush whales.
Momoko_Katsura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 03:42 AM   #499
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Oh damn. We're getting a huge nerf in 3.1, and it's something that affects you all too.

"Bloodlust/Heroism: Cooldown reduced to 5 minutes, but Sated and Exhausted now last 10 minutes."

It makes no sense. In a 5-man group with one shaman, nothing has changed, except that a wipe means it'll be cooled by the time you start again for the most part, but if this was the aim, then why have a cooldown at all? In a raid, it means you have to wait on every damn boss, or die intentionally. Ten minutes is far too long of a debuff period for the skill and it makes having multiple shaman pretty worthless. Having two is still ok, since they can use different totems, but nowadays I'm only ever dropping the same four totems as the other ones don't stack with other skills other classes have that don't require dropping a ranged aura stick (Strength of Earth -> Horn of Winter, Windfury -> Icy Talons, the list goes on). The only benefit is when you need a rare totem, like frost resist on Sapphiron, since my Fire totem is exclusively dedicated to Wrath.

But back to bloodlust, is there any other skill in the game that pushes a debuff on you longer than the cooldown period of the skill itself? It made sense before and was working just fine. Why change it? Here's hoping it's a change that stays on the PTR.

Edit: since this is my first time seeing PTR notes before the actual patch, can someone tell me how often things change between PTR notes and actual patches?

Last edited by Squeek; 02-24-2009 at 04:15 AM..
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 05:02 AM   #500
DrKirth
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

So I finally got around to doing 10 man Naxx and it was great. I hope I get to do all the other raids sometime soon.

Be efficient.

DrKirth is offline   Reply With Quote