Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-1-2014, 12:45 PM   #781
Gradiant
FFR's Resident Trashpanda
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Keyboardsmash Phase I: Legacy Submissions Open

Double Monk should be at (3-0-1), missing reviews from Kommisar and Lurker.
Old 11-1-2014, 01:46 PM   #782
dashoe93
Alphabet Crowd
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

If I'm cool enough, I'd love to judge literally everything now that I've got a bit of time on my hands. I'd say I can judge pretty well. That and I'm really bored and need stuff to do, so I might as well help you guys out if you'd like.
Old 11-1-2014, 02:40 PM   #783
Rebirth0
FFR Originalbro
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradiant View Post
Double Monk should be at (3-0-1), missing reviews from Kommisar and Lurker.
Fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashoe93 View Post
If I'm cool enough, I'd love to judge literally everything now that I've got a bit of time on my hands. I'd say I can judge pretty well. That and I'm really bored and need stuff to do, so I might as well help you guys out if you'd like.
Good enough. I'll PM you some details
Old 11-1-2014, 03:26 PM   #784
dashoe93
Alphabet Crowd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebirth0 View Post
Good enough. I'll PM you some details
Sweet. I'll get some down this weekend.
Old 11-2-2014, 03:52 PM   #785
dashoe93
Alphabet Crowd

Look I did reviewish type things. Hope I did this right.

Ham Jam - Accepted This is one funky chiptune. It's an enjoyable file for the most part. I'm not entirely sure if the "rolls" are just there for cosmetic purposes or not, since they go too fast to warrant any more pressing. I'd love to see what this would look like if those certain rolls were minijacks, since it sounds like there's only one more note after the first. Hearing it more, it could be a trill, but I could see that complicating things. Another difficulty could be made, but overall, it's definitely a solid file.

Hideout v3 -- Accepted with fixes 32nd jack issue could be changed in the harder difficulty. I don't necessarily agree with the mines in this song, as I feel it doesn't need any, but it does add to the challenge. I'm not sure if the two last holds should be present since that's where the song loops, but that's just my opinion.

Pelican Moondance - - Accepted Ouch my hands. I never truly understood the walls of arrows to very faint close together sounds of static, but if that's how it is, then that's how it is. Too difficult for me, but it all looks to be correct and can be enjoyable in parts where my wrists aren't falling off.

Gaijin shawty - Rejected This plays like something you'd find in an old '06 pack of files. The steps are more or less quite repetitive, and there's not much to it. The 32nds in the beginning stop after a certain measure, not that they need to be in the song anyway. Sadly, even if this song was stepped better, I don't think I'd want to play it. The song itself doesn't offer much to be a decent file.

Enfoire une fois, enfoires duex fois - Rejected The song is weird. Feels understepped, could be more difficult. With that said, this song can't be saved too much. Had it been stepped a little better, I'd maybe put it in pending.

Double Monk - - Accepted I don't know why I'm so into jacks. As strange as this song was, it definitely was a fun song to play. The jacks were brutal, but in a good way, and everything played out well. I would say that the quieter parts in the second half could use jumps to the bass kick instead of a single arrow. If those could be added, this would be even better.

Bleeding in the Brain - - Accepted with fixes File needs cleaning up in terms of difficulty filing and such. I played easy because it had less notes, but little did I know, there was one part completely missing. Whoops. I'm sure this will be fixed. Aside from that, I thought it was pretty smooth and overall a definitely great file.

Fantastic Theater - Rejected I feel like more can be done with this. In parts, it feels largely understepped, and there's inconsistencies with grace notes that go with the brass (Or whatever the toot toot instrument is). I noticed there's also parts incorrectly stepped, such as m16. The holds in the song make it very uncomfortable to play. The ending solos could definitely be more interesting instead of repettive rolls and notes. Just seems a bit lazily done at the end since it doesn't feel like it lines up correctly. Could just be me, though.

FLUTE MAN - PendingThe layering is a bit weird to understand if there's layering. For example, the jumps that seem to go with cymbals are inconsistant, since the first two are jumps and the third one isn't. I'm assuming it's made this way because one arrow goes to the flute while the other goes to the cymbal, which is strange. In my opinion, there should just be one difficulty, since Heavy feels understepped in parts, while having a lot of arrows in flute sections. The flute solo feels so empty because of this. The holds definitely need to be refined. My suggestion is to make mini holds for some flute parts, and remove the longer holds to make it more enjoyable to play while making it easier to understand what goes to what. Keep it to one difficulty, or make it so one difficulty still feels fun to play without being too understepped. This makes me wonder how the other FLUTE MAN was stepped because I haven't touched it in years.

Ra'am - Pending I really want to like this file because it has potential, and most of it is there just dandy. The beginning part feels like there should be more jumps, or something to make it feel like I'm playing the music. I'm not sure how to explain it, but with a red note missing a jump, it's hard to follow what exactly they go to. I'd also touch up the quiet part in Heavy charting because there's nothing to the snares, and that feels hella awkward to me. In challenge, it's stepped just fine. I can't say much about the harder difficulty since that's way out of my league, but it looked fine for the most part, except for the jacks. I don't know how well that plays into the song, but they're hard for me to hit. Fix these changes up and it's a definite yes.

Shapeless Flower - Rejected There's not too much wrong with the stepping besides the 16th holds that I'm not sure what they're going to, but aside from that, there's really nothing to offer before and after the "drop" or whatever you want to call it. It's mostly repetitive throughout the song and it isn't too exciting for me to want to play it again.

Shippu Jinrai - - Accepted with fixes Crazy as hell jumpstreams, so I can't be too harsh on this. I'd only suggest less jumps, especially in the beginning since there's not too much going on compared to the rest of the song. I say this because the quiet break in the song isn't as stepped as the beginning, with jumps to certain sounds and whatnot. Since I'm not an avid jumpstream player, it looks almost overstepped in my opinion, but that's just me. The non-jumpstream parts are done well and I see nothing wrong with them. Looked over it a bunch of times, and it just makes me want a slightly easier difficulty to play.

Super Hey Ya! - Pending If the song wasn't so much of the same throughout most of the song, this would be great. The patterns and jumpstreams were quite pleasent to play, although the holds in the streams could possibly be shortened or removed. If you can find something to do to make the verses less boring to play, go for it. The charting is right, but there just needs to be something to keep me awake. Maybe a few uses of the arrows/mines to go with vocals or other instruments. I'm on the fence on this one.

WE LUV LAMA - Rejected Oh it's already rejected. Pretty much just five minute jump/hand streams. Repetative and nothing else but.

Seventeen - :v I haven't played it in awhile, and I have to say I enjoyed it with what was there. The song itself does sound repetitive, but there's actually slight changes in each measure in the song for the most part. I didn't like it too much, but it grew on me after not touching it in months. There could be a possible way of cutting the song down, but I don't know how to do that due to the song not sounding right if any of the parts are taken out.

Last edited by dashoe93; 11-2-2014 at 03:52 PM..
Old 11-2-2014, 04:01 PM   #786
Ghakimx
Cutie&Handshaking Sounds
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Ghakimx

Y u no do Amatias

I AM ASHAMED OF MY STUPIDITY AND MUST COMMIT SEPPUKU. FORGIVE ME, FFR.

Ninjas NEVER die. Now on a 30 kill streak.
Old 11-2-2014, 04:07 PM   #787
dashoe93
Alphabet Crowd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghakimx View Post
Y u no do Amatias
That's all I downloaded. I'll get to the rest unconfirmed files soon. D:
Old 11-2-2014, 05:57 PM   #788
DefTeaMachine
beatboxing ninja hobo
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

but the verses are my favorite parts of hey ya :^(

SEND YOUR REJECTED FILES HERE

Play my (discontinued) game
Old 11-2-2014, 07:51 PM   #789
Rebirth0
FFR Originalbro

All I told him to play were any files that were unconfirmed (not officially accepted or rejected yet)
Old 11-2-2014, 08:00 PM   #790
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

i think i'll submit my file for LOLHARP5000 and lawn wake 9 since they arent going to be going anywhere
Old 11-3-2014, 01:33 PM   #791
James May
FFR Player

Quote:
Y u no do Amatias
y u redo amatias too much hnnng

jk :3

Old 11-6-2014, 07:50 AM   #792
Ghakimx
Cutie&Handshaking Sounds
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by James May View Post
y u redo amatias too much hnnng

jk :3
Bcuz u *****z keep having issues wit it lol WTF man

Old 11-7-2014, 12:39 PM   #793
Kraezymann
Forum User
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via MSN to Kraezymann

I dunno if it matters but Cedar Shed is at 3-3-0

I've been away from my computer for the last month and a half so I'm hoping to update it here shortly. I'm glad that the pack is still going.

Submit to this -
Old 11-7-2014, 09:17 PM   #794
baq12
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Ey

I sent a couple of songs in. I think they're tight. k.
Old 11-7-2014, 09:42 PM   #795
James May
FFR Player

Quote:
Bcuz u *****z keep having issues wit it lol WTF man
ily 2 :3

Old 11-7-2014, 09:43 PM   #796
James May
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by baq12 View Post
Ey

I sent a couple of songs in. I think they're tight. k.
I'll check them asap

Old 11-8-2014, 08:44 AM   #797
Ghakimx
Cutie&Handshaking Sounds
FFR Veteran

I think this will be the slowest phase of the pack because the majority of us have major college and university shit going on. No time for SM and shit

Old 11-12-2014, 10:59 AM   #798
DefTeaMachine
beatboxing ninja hobo
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

About to send something

hope you guys like cashmere cat

SEND YOUR REJECTED FILES HERE

Play my (discontinued) game

Last edited by DefTeaMachine; 11-12-2014 at 12:22 PM..
Old 11-12-2014, 01:18 PM   #799
dashoe93
Alphabet Crowd

I'll finish the one file I'm working on and I'll judge the recent submissions later today. Hopefully.
Old 11-12-2014, 03:31 PM   #800
Rebirth0
FFR Originalbro

Quote:
I think this will be the slowest phase of the pack because the majority of us have major college and university shit going on. No time for SM and shit
I know this feel
Closed Thread