Old 12-16-2016, 06:23 PM   #901
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL
Default Re: TWG Turbo IX: The Bells of St. Sebastian - Game Thread

i've never seen ethan be like "yo you're my town read help me idk what to do"

gradiant had the right sentiments about AA day 1, and I think given what he's doing right now, i'm also putting AA at top scum right now. Not voting yet until activity picks up so i don't accidentally leave thread and come back to an insta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
Old 12-16-2016, 06:24 PM   #902
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

gradiant had the right sentiments about AA day 1, and I think given what he's doing right now, i'm also putting AA at top scum right now. Not voting yet until activity picks up so i don't accidentally leave thread and come back to an insta

Quote:
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
Old 12-16-2016, 06:53 PM   #903
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Back. Took a little longer than expected but I'm here.

T-Force replacing in looks promising, I'm gonna have some questions for you about Rapta in a moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
Old 12-16-2016, 06:55 PM   #904
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Force View Post
Lol
so in the post before that I posted my grievances about aa
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Old 12-16-2016, 07:05 PM   #905
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I'm back, a bit shaken, and with some bad news in my personal life, but I'm back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 12-16-2016, 07:05 PM   #906
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Wouldn't mind offing AA still, for the record.

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 12-16-2016, 07:16 PM   #907
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Wow, this game died.

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 12-16-2016, 07:27 PM   #908
T-Force
Your world ends with you
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
I'm back, a bit shaken, and with some bad news in my personal life, but I'm back.
Sorry to hear that, man. =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
so in the post before that I posted my grievances about aa
Still jarring to read.

Also, why is your vote on me half-serious despite showing no real signs of suspecting Rapta?
Old 12-16-2016, 07:52 PM   #909
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by AragakiAyase View Post

well it's on page 52
Yeah I figured out that's what was causing the problem. My threadview is on 100posts/pp so it's always weird when people try to reference specific posts. I found what you were talking about on page 13 for me, but still find it weird you'd reference a "wolf pop in" from me in that game when I was town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
why are games always inactive when I can play
If you have time, why aren't you hunting when it's inactive?
You were gone all of yesterday, and even missed EoD, so I'd like to hear your thoughts on the game now that you're back please.

Quote:
shado here's one of the problems I have with you

at EOD (last hour) you had a grand total of 9 posts

I feel like town shado would be trying to push people and readjust his reads, especially his scum read. yet you have almost no interactions with anyone, not even dfr. I scumread him but I kept interacting him to see if I started townreading him

you kinda just sat there

I see now in one of your posts that you were dealing with some IRL stuff, but idk
I was not just sitting there. I was reading as fast as I could and then rereading because Gradiant pointed out a question that I had missed which caused me to discover a whole section of posts that had gotten lost in between page 1 and page 2 for me because of how fast people were posting. Charu brought up trying to lynch you "for information" and I found that scummy as hell and was debating getting on him but found the time too short. Basically, I was fucked for time and couldn't push people without having read their posts, but called out things I saw as bad or scummy as best I could. Do the ISO you're talking about before trying to get me mislynched, please.

Quote:
let me walk you through why your list is hedgy

1. Charu being weird but haven't seen his scumtell yet - you basically say he's at scummy/null here, but then you say you haven't seen his scumtell yet, which implies to me that you're reading him primarily on some tell? do you have nothing else to read on him on?
Tbh I thought he was the vigi because of how hard he was wifoming it in the beginning. He was being really weird with his insane posting, kept bringing up the "gun of lore", and just seemed totally off his rocker. He didn't seem like his town shitposting self, but I hadn't seen his wolftell so I wasn't sure. I wrote "weird" because that's all I could say without bringing up him being vigi, and that scumtell you're so dismissive of hasn't failed me yet.

Quote:
2. Yoshl I thought was being wolfy for a couple of his responses but he looks town after catching up - so while this isn't technically hedgy, it's very neutral and vague. You don't say anywhere anything about these posts (possible I've missed this, we'll see)
I didn't quote the exact posts (except for one that he answered) because I didn't have them saved and was typing quickly on my phone while my pizza was in the oven, but I thought that because I felt his push on Freezin (which was based on him being MML-like), subsequent responses, and thinking Rapta was town without explanation felt off. I took back my lean on him because he then started pushing in a way that seemed really reminiscent of FE.

Quote:
3. AA null but looks towny as usual - meh, this doesn't bother me that much, there was a later thing that bothered me more though where it seemed like you were breadcrumbing for a push on me, something like "I'm not reading AA wolf right now but will look tomorrow"
The later thing you're referencing was at EoD when I had been townreading you but kept noticing you make weird posts. I was dismissing them because I had your wolfgame on a pedestal after Hydra7, but I started to question that at EoD.

Quote:
4. Gradiant seems off but I can't place it - very neutral
I mentioned in a post or two afterwards that the reason he seemed off was because he wasn't making any hard pushes at that point. I ISOed him after my impressions list and found he had only made reaction posts and shitposts and didn't seem like he was actually scumhunting. I know he can be super pushy (CLIX he was insanely aggro) so found him off.

Quote:
meh fuck this list actually it's not that bad

ok I guess maybe hedgy was the incorrect word, neutral probably fits better
It feels like you're just in the middle on most people
I was at the time, except for Rapta and DFR because they seemed the most off. Also, it was a post detailing my first impressions lol, they're not supposed to be perfect and I was really hungry.

Quote:
let me explain why my list makes sense

you being POE is largely because I have a few nulls on other people and because of your behavior at EOD that I mentioned
This is what I found weirdest, which is why I called it out. You can't use PoE if all you have are a few nulls on other people and only one solid town. It's not process of elimination at that point, it's process of I want to read you wolf so here's an acronym that works.

Quote:
the reason funnygurl is a big ? is because tbh I can't really read her, and she has still barely done anything this game

rapta is all over the place, sheeping, switching votes, making ??? reads, but this can all fit in line with a new town player looking for help instead of someone just being really wolfy

you talking about me not giving reasons in my reads list is kinda meh, I think there's a clear progression to all of my stances in my posts except maybe funnygurl
Fair point, I suppose you have posted enough to justify not giving reasons in the post itself, but that wasn't the main reason I called it out. "Hedgy" means that I was hedging my bets to make it look like I was doing work in my impressions post. I wasn't hedging my bets, though, because I had clearly outlined my thoughts and they included solid scumreads. "Hedgy" is more like putting a questionmark after "town" for reads, having two weak scum and a question mark, and then claiming that you used PoE on me.

Quote:
yeah I guess my biggest problem with shado is how he seemed like he was just coasting at EOD

kinda feels like in general you make some reads (fine) but then you just let them sit and don't really interact with the players the reads are on to get a better feel (not fine)
Again, I wasn't coasting, I was reading and posting as much as I had time for. Also, scumreading me for "coasting" seems contradictory to "PoE"..

Quote:
shado try to solve the game, even if it means scumreading me
I can't tell if this is an attempt to pocket me or not, because it reads genuinely, but yes that's the plan.

Quote:
If you're going after him because he wanted an "information lynch" is weak as shit because that's almost exactly what a D0 lynch is (in my opinion).
It also makes you look a bit better because then you use the vote on DFR to "self-pres" and basically nail him in the coffin.
Yes, all D0 lynches give information, but starting a CFD at T-10 from EoD with no reason given other than "info" seemed really scummy. Granted, it doesn't make sense he'd do that as wolf anymore, now that DFR has flipped town.

Quote:
Shado I'm expecting big things from this phase
lol why's that? Thanks, I guess.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Old 12-16-2016, 07:53 PM   #910
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Sorry to hear that. I hope whatever it is gets better soon :\

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-16-2016, 07:55 PM   #911
T-Force
Your world ends with you

Based off of you basically going into god-mode after subbing in to the lone wolves game, plus not really being able to post for D0.
Old 12-16-2016, 08:21 PM   #912
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Okay T-Force I'm sorry in advance for this, but you're in his slot so I hope you can see why these posts are making me scumread your slot.
I'm reading Rapta as a wolf who wanted to try TWG, wasn't ready to roll woof on his first game, made a bunch of slips and then figured he'd rather replace than hurt his team on his first game.
He's also really good at chess (I've played him and lost and can admit he's better than me) and I believe he'd have the intellectual capacity to make towny deductions and play an alright game and respond to pressure reasonably, so I can't help but think he was having trouble because he couldn't lie or make false pushes. I also think he has the strategic state of mind required to objectively replace out for the sake of a win.
I'll read anything you write from a town and wolf perspective as always, but yeah this is why your slot is poisoned:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapta View Post
Though now that I rethink this.. I am reading Gradient and Charu as town leans so I might lynch Yoshl and reread AA as town.
^this is after reading YoshL as town and having Freezin as his only scum. DFR asked him why he's reading Freezin town, and Raptas response reads like a major slip. "I might lynch my townread(YoshL) and change AA to town instead for no reason at all"

Quote:
@Gradient

Assuming red means bad post amount
I am watching and waiting posting thoughts as they come. My vote will probably come near the eod this phase.
twg is hard d0 imo
^ this is on being asked why he's in thread but not posting, his response is basically acknowledging lurking and kinda seemed like he was afraid to post

Quote:
I am thinking Yoshl but if nobody agrees or has a better idea in mind I will change my vote.
^blatant sheeping

Quote:
DBP

based off of everyone's interpretation of his meta.
^blatant sheeping, seems like he's already making an excuse for a townflip

Quote:
bad call?
^after he got on the DBP wagon and AA immediately unvoted

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-16-2016, 08:27 PM   #913
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Based off of you basically going into god-mode after subbing in to the lone wolves game, plus not really being able to post for D0.
Hahaha I wish. The only time I felt god-mode in that game was the last EoD where everything dawned on me all at once and I realized it was Haku+DFR because my suspicion of dadcop got entirely dispelled and my tinfoil on MML got lifted off my head.

I was begging and pleading and driving all at the same time lmao there wasn't even a doubt in my mind about who the wolves were anymore. It was like.. transcendent agony at having all the knowledge of every evil and being unable to prevent it from occurring, despite literally begging MML and dadcop to follow my lead.

Hope I can do the same here, but right now it's looking like you(Rapta) and AA, and I'm not certain of either of those :\

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-16-2016, 08:37 PM   #914
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

I'm gonna be gone for around an hour and a half. Making dinner for the extended fam but I'll try to check back in once we're done eating.

Charu seems town (almost softcleared by EoD) because I don't think he'd try a CFD off a town at the last minute, unless he knew it wouldn't work and was trying to softclear himself. That's unlikely though so he's town for now.

YoshL I'm leaning town for playing a lot like FE and for responding much in the same manner I would expect him to.

I'd like to see a lot more of Funny and DBP before phase end.

AA and T-Force seem scummiest, read my last two posts for more on them.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-16-2016, 09:14 PM   #915
T-Force
Your world ends with you

DBP has disappeared and I -really- don't like that. -triggered-

As for what my predecessor did, that's all well and good - he did some odd moves, and made odd reasons, but everyone's first game of TWG is never gonna be as good as you may think. Both from the perspective of the player, and the people he's playing with.

I'd highly encourage you to re-evaluate how you're reading his posts (destroy all chess-meta from your mind) and go from there.

Question for everyone: as of EoD to D0, what was your read on Freezin and why?
Old 12-16-2016, 09:28 PM   #916
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack

I dunno I don't really have a lot to say at the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
Old 12-16-2016, 09:30 PM   #917
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack

the choice seems to be converging to AA vs fg vs T-Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
Old 12-16-2016, 09:31 PM   #918
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to AragakiAyase

Quote:

yeah yeah ok

I start trying to consider other people's opinions and this is what I get I guess

pikakirby123 reincarnated

Old 12-16-2016, 09:32 PM   #919
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
I dunno I don't really have a lot to say at the moment
that's not a good look for you generally

funnygurl

Old 12-16-2016, 09:33 PM   #920
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
Yeah I figured out that's what was causing the problem. My threadview is on 100posts/pp so it's always weird when people try to reference specific posts. I found what you were talking about on page 13 for me, but still find it weird you'd reference a "wolf pop in" from me in that game when I was town.
it was because charu was saying how my picks made sense that game and I was laying out reasons from that game vs reasons for this game

Closed Thread