Closed Thread

Old 07-7-2019, 07:47 AM   #1701
Soundwave-
Carry your failures proud
FFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
Well, maybe I'll die first and you'll be able to read my card flip.
I feel like there's not a major catch besides pretty much everything you've revealed. I don't see the item I received as particularly worth the risk, and so I won't use it. The blood won't be on your hands, tonight at least.
Originally Posted by [11:38 PM] Hakulyte
only person who can legit tilt me is like YoshL
Quote:
Originally Posted by スンファンさん
右に3回回らない限り間違います。
Old 07-7-2019, 08:06 AM   #1702
Not devonin
FFR Player

Alright, so I spent like, most of the actual calendar night last night going through the thread, getting a hang of everybody's posts and reads and got all set to start off the game day phase with my thoughts on all the major stuff that happened, and then the point where I actually joined the game and could speak to anybody got delayed by like 3 hours into when I had to go to bed, and now I'm already running late for work to catch up on these posts and post.

I'll be taking part in the thread as actively as I can while I'm working today from 9-3:30 server, and then going to my sister's for dinner until around 5:30/6:00 server after which I'll be home and can dedicate full attention.

Quickly on all the "major" stuff that happened d0

The Haku/Soundwave thing: At first I got all caught up in what kind of weird wifom was going on. If Haku was a wolf, why would he make an active claim of sending something where the recipient could just deny it and make Haku look suspicious? If Soundwave was a wolf, claiming to have not got the item would be great to make Haku look suspicious, but if we followed through with the suspicion, lynched Haku and he was town, Soundwave would almost certainly get lynched the next day for causing us to mislynch.

I'm glad that neither one died in the night so we could get the info that Haku misread the power and that Soundwave now confirms it actually existed. That's good news. Gives me if not town reads, at least "not wolf" reads on both. I'm not super familiar with third-party faction stuff in games.

Funnygurl giving up and un-giving up: That whole scenario is weird to me. When the dogpile looked real and she just defaulted to 'fine kill me, you'll regret it when I'm town' that made her look more wolfy to me, because I feel like a town would have kept at it right until the end. The fact that it basically -did- get votes off her to appeal to the guilt and later come running back with a reads list is also suspicious.

shadow_god voted for her, said 'do something!', she did something, Shadow_god was like 'okay cool' and unvoted. It felt a little bit rehearsed but with later stuff I don't think it was or implies much about Shadow.

FlashFlash account is playing weird: I don't remember if I ever played with FFA in my very few games, and the ones I've read similarly leave me with no idea whether FFA is acting strangely or not, and if so, what acting strangely means, but players that I think are probably town and that I think of as 'good players' think he's acting weird and that it's suspicious so I'm null at best, and 'faintly suspicious' at worst. I think that day 0 had a LOT of weird non-information and red herrings due to all the shitposting so it's a little hard for me to sift through it all at this stage.

If there were other 'significant' day 0 things I ought to comment on, let me know, I have to bail out now to get ready for work so I'm not actually late late. I'll be posting sporadically through the next 8-9 hours between work, but I'll do my best, and then afterwards, I'll be fully active.
Old 07-7-2019, 08:11 AM   #1703
Not devonin
FFR Player

Testing whether my posts can display now...
Old 07-7-2019, 08:11 AM   #1704
Not devonin
FFR Player

Okay I have a big post that is "awaiting moderator approval" because I didn't think to generate enough postcount on this account before I tried to use it, so I don't know if it'll show up as a 'new' post when Xiz sees it or whether it will appear backwards in time when I actually submitted the post (about 5 minutes ago)
Old 07-7-2019, 08:12 AM   #1705
Not devonin
FFR Player

tl;dr: I commented on a bunch of the weird d0 shit and explained that I'll be at work and then family dinner for around the next 9ish hours, will still be at least occasionally active in that time while I'm at work and then much more active when I get home.
Old 07-7-2019, 08:12 AM   #1706
storn42
RIP Storn D0-D0
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

hi dev!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
"I think storn is town but he doesn't have a shirt on" - Roundbox
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I have beat my meat to storn's posts no less than four times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post

Old 07-7-2019, 08:14 AM   #1707
storn42
RIP Storn D0-D0

dev, is that big post still cached? you might be able to go back to the create post page and still post it.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Old 07-7-2019, 08:14 AM   #1708
Not devonin
FFR Player

hi storn42!

I suppose this would also have been a good time to quote that day 0 post that used my avatar and actually fix the bbcode before I posted it. Shame on the people who commented like I would actually have edited somebody else's post in a TWG.
Old 07-7-2019, 08:15 AM   #1709
Not devonin
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by storn42 View Post
dev, is that big post still cached? you might be able to go back to the create post page and still post it.
I could probably see and approve it on Devonin, but I thought the whole point of making me go through the rigamarole of swapping accounts onto this one was that I didn't bring any account with mod powers into the thread while I was playing.
Old 07-7-2019, 08:17 AM   #1710
storn42
RIP Storn D0-D0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not devonin View Post
I could probably see and approve it on Devonin, but I thought the whole point of making me go through the rigamarole of swapping accounts onto this one was that I didn't bring any account with mod powers into the thread while I was playing.
what i meant was that when you press the back button and go back to the create post page the text is usually still there, and you could repost it.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Old 07-7-2019, 08:28 AM   #1711
Not devonin
FFR Player

Hey look my post is a bit up there ^
Old 07-7-2019, 08:57 AM   #1712
Not devonin
FFR Player

Alright, irresponsibly posting from work, much more slowly.
Old 07-7-2019, 09:23 AM   #1713
Svaz
quite clever

Can I just say I'm a little floored Tambo's senpai was Resetti, of all characters? Did not see that coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
I wasn't okay with the Cocoa lynch because she wasn't active at the point in time, but now that we've got one less wolf to deal with I'm okay with it.
The thing that rubbed me the wrong way is that there was, in fact, time to contribute to discussion in the posts she made, but she only bothered doing so in two of them.

That said, having been got this way several times myself, if it's not obvious: to determine alignment of any voter here is fallacious; unlike a normal wolf kill, not even wolves could do it for town cred (though I personally find this death useful in establishing the presence of wolves and not just third party teams, to all town-aligned roles).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
The flips were surprising and I'm sad to see Raeko go.
Me too, but I'm honestly pretty impressed that Raeko picked a character that got such a cool power. That's arguably an optimal night death just for the additional reveal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hateandhatred View Post
Either way let's just kill Antori in the most brutal of ways.

There is no fucking way we can go on with the game without taking care of this matter imo, and I'm not ok with just shelving it for a phase or two.
Yeah, I'm not particularly warm to the idea of leaving a killer out on the loose, though this may change if he actually says something, I kinda doubt it. Antori
Old 07-7-2019, 09:35 AM   #1714
Not devonin
FFR Player

So the question that I have, being unfamiliar with games of this complexity/third party factions, is whether there's an assumption of linked choices with Antori's power. It said

""Greetings Kurumi, Time waits for no one. Your eye is your lifespan. [Redacted]. Failure to [Redacted]/[Redacted] a kill will result in death. Three strikes and you are out. [Redacted]. [Redacted]. You have the choice to be [Redacted] or [Redacted]."

We seem to be taking to mean 'Failure to [redacted/redacted] a kill will result in death' to mean 'cause/prevent' or something? Like, he's got to choose to either kill or save somebody and if he whiffs he dies

And "You have the choice to be [Redacted] or [Redacted]" as being getting to choose whether to be town or wolf aligned.

Do things like this work such that he'd have to commit to being either a wolf-aligned killer or a town-aligned saver? Can he pick wolf or town and then also kill or save as either one?

If he had to either kill somebody or successfully actually guard a wolf kill, or DIE, obviously night 1 he'd have to kill somebody as town because he'd have no good info who to guard and not just die himself.

What I'm saying is: If he could have picked to be town aligned and had to kill somebody because the alternative was failing to guard and dying, do we possibly want to consider keeping him alive, guiding his choices better, and therefore having a guardian? Or is the fact that he'd kill somebody to save himself rather than come out to the thread or to H&H in private and say "what do you think I should do" enough to get rid of him anyway?

I saw some people d0 saying antori is often somebody who sort of goes off on his own, so we might have to kill him anyway even though we could possibly get guardings out of him?
Old 07-7-2019, 09:36 AM   #1715
storn42
RIP Storn D0-D0

friendly reminder to stop piling on antori so we dont insta him. want to hear from a lot of people today.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Old 07-7-2019, 09:37 AM   #1716
Svaz
quite clever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not devonin View Post
Funnygurl giving up and un-giving up: That whole scenario is weird to me. When the dogpile looked real and she just defaulted to 'fine kill me, you'll regret it when I'm town' that made her look more wolfy to me, because I feel like a town would have kept at it right until the end. The fact that it basically -did- get votes off her to appeal to the guilt and later come running back with a reads list is also suspicious.

shadow_god voted for her, said 'do something!', she did something, Shadow_god was like 'okay cool' and unvoted. It felt a little bit rehearsed but with later stuff I don't think it was or implies much about Shadow.
First, I didn't see Shadowgod's posts as the thing that spurred her towards wanting to live. It was really more the presence of players she views as reliable on a personal level vs those she doesn't know or those she views as inherently inflammatory. Try re-reading that bit of thread again but ignoring Shadow's over the top posts (I think Lewdy just has a flair for the dramatic~).

Secondly, try viewing this scenario again but through a lens of like, "wow, I'm so excited to finally get to play with people again, and in such a big game" and not only are they generally not performing to your expectations, they're doing the most opposite thing of that conceivable. Is it really unreasonable to see spite as a motive here, should you toss concepts like "mechanics" and "town" and "wolves" aside?

Thirdly, I remember people just repeating "defend yourself!" at her over and over without really giving any material for her to do so with. I guess what I'm saying is: I'd be pretty irritated too, if it were me in that situation.
Old 07-7-2019, 09:38 AM   #1717
Svaz
quite clever

Hmm, fair enough, sorry: unvote (but know you're on thin ice still Antori!!)
Old 07-7-2019, 09:39 AM   #1718
Not devonin
FFR Player

Wait, he has three strikes to be out. Yeah if he could have tried to guard somebody rather than kill somebody he absolutely should have for at -least- one night phase. Maybe two, before coming out and going "Hey guys, been trying to guard, and I either need to guard or kill tonight or I die, what do"

Not putting the vote on him right now because he needs to at least have a chance to speak before he gets killed. I think somebody said instas were off but nothing in the OP suggests to me that instas are off.
Old 07-7-2019, 09:43 AM   #1719
Svaz
quite clever

OK, I can't just ignore this read from Antori's list:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antori View Post
10) Hateandhatred:
-i read so many of his posts and i still can't read into him at all and it makes me sad, i get genuine town feels from him just like i get with storn but not as much, i wouldn't rely on my read on him though, small town lean.
on the d0 confirmed innocent child
Old 07-7-2019, 09:45 AM   #1720
Not devonin
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
First, I didn't see Shadowgod's posts as the thing that spurred her towards wanting to live. It was really more the presence of players she views as reliable on a personal level vs those she doesn't know or those she views as inherently inflammatory. Try re-reading that bit of thread again but ignoring Shadow's over the top posts (I think Lewdy just has a flair for the dramatic~).
I don't think Shadow is what made her want to live. I just found the timing of 'vote for fg, fg says 'nevermind', sg says 'okay nevermind' and then the bandwagon shifting away to have been weird, but in the context of cocoa actually turning out to be a wolf, it doesn't cause me to actually wolf read them.

Quote:
Thirdly, I remember people just repeating "defend yourself!" at her over and over without really giving any material for her to do so with. I guess what I'm saying is: I'd be pretty irritated too, if it were me in that situation.
For sure. And like I said in my first post, due to the fact that Cocoa was actually a wolf, I don't read Shadow suspiciously for it, and largely don't read Funny suspiciously for it. I just formulated those thoughts as I was reading the thread, but since I couldn't actually post until D1 when the substitution went through.
Closed Thread