Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files

Old 02-17-2017, 03:21 PM   #1
shenjoku
Wubalubadubdub
FFR Veteran

Default Most reasonable way to chart 159bpm 32nds for pad?

I'm working on a pad chart for The Quick Brown Fox - VIVID, and it has a lot of 3 note and 7 note 32nd bursts at 159BPM. I'm honestly not fast enough to keep up with it, so I'm wondering if anyone with more experience knows what kind of patterns I should be using for that kind of stuff so I don't make it dumb as hell. Are trills easier than more complex movements? I honestly feel like trills are harder, but that's just me. That might not actually be the case for better players.

Stuff like this?

Or like this?

At the moment I'm charting it with trills at first and then it transitions to the more complex patterns as more sounds get layered on to add a bit of a difficulty curve, but I'm not sure if that's just too bullshit to be reasonable.

I find it rather hard to remember what patterns are harder/easier on pad until I playtest stuff so I'm sure I'll be doing that a lot for this one (on much lower rates obviously :P), but any direction in the mean time would be appreciated <3
Old 02-18-2017, 02:35 AM   #2
shenjoku
Wubalubadubdub
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Most reasonable way to chart 159bpm 32nds for pad?

Welp, I just bullshited around and got some patterns that seam reasonable enough I guess. Copied some similar patterns from Sexuality Violation bursts and just kinda hoping they are doable since I can't keep with it regardless. I can almost pass it on 0.9 rate but not quite.
Old 02-18-2017, 03:52 AM   #3
ilikexd
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

It needs to be the 1st one if you're going to use 32nds. Bursting at double bpm on pad very quickly scales up to impossible after the first few notes, although trills are still manageable. If you don't want to use trills the other option is to use 24ths or even 20ths if you're feeling creative.
ilikexd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 07:50 AM   #4
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
It needs to be the 1st one if you're going to use 32nds. Bursting at double bpm on pad very quickly scales up to impossible after the first few notes, although trills are still manageable. If you don't want to use trills the other option is to use 24ths or even 20ths if you're feeling creative.
I'll have to respectfully disagree with you on this one. I can see where you're coming from, although fast trills depend on the rebound of the pad. I would have exponentially more trouble passing the first image patterns than the second image patterns.

In the first image the player needs to vibrate on pads with good rebound. In the second image the player can attempt to pivot their feet minimally. Both cases the player can miss some notes and still pass, but in the first one if the player isn't vibrating fast on pads with good rebound then they'll dump many misses.

You never see trill-based patterns in more recent fast files. It's universally agreed amongst footspeed players that trills are worse than spread-out patterns. The patterns in the 2nd image are fine.
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 12:26 PM   #5
Arntonach
Owlbears Rock!

Well at that speed they'll be bracketing like a motherfucker so it doesn't really matter.
Arntonach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 08:55 AM   #6
evanescence_death4ever
where'sTHEdrain?!
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arntonach View Post
Well at that speed they'll be bracketing like a motherfucker so it doesn't really matter.

^not necessarily true. Some peeps got BITCHIN' footspeed.

"Life is always downhill, everyone is heading towards death every day. It's up to you to look for the hills you can climb up instead
Or something
I just made that up but it sounds good" ~alloyus~
evanescence_death4ever is offline   Reply With Quote