Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-1-2007, 06:50 PM   #21
verra
FFR Player

Default Re: The SMGroove Community Revival Pack is released! (page 1 for link)

Mostly I downloaded it for the Lucky Star OP. XD. And yeah the rest of the files I played had waaaay to many freezes (pauses), and was very very annoying.

Check out my tunes on SoundCloud!
Old 10-1-2007, 10:50 PM   #22
L_eMo_N
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to L_eMo_N

lol... critics annoy the **** out of me... ser4ph...
tisk tisk... you sicken me seriously...

i dont even know what to say to you... pathetic how you talk down on their files though...

[dawt fricken dawt dawt]
Old 10-1-2007, 11:13 PM   #23
Yesssss
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Yesssss

So many poorly done files....
Old 10-1-2007, 11:28 PM   #24
DigitalS3r4ph
I'm Tsuka
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to DigitalS3r4ph Send a message via MSN to DigitalS3r4ph

Review Cont'd:

Gun Rock
Actually surprisingly decent. Some freezes were unnecessary but overall the file was alright. Might be good for scoring, will probably play it again in the future.

Healing Vision RMX
It's in the wrong pack. The SMG Pad pack is that way -->

Kamaitachi
Could have been stepped WAY better. At first I thought it played like an old school file but then some of the jacks and **** were like ?_? Gay. Anyways it could have been a lot more funner but you decided to trick me Skauert. I quit during the jumpjack 12th notes.

Konamized
Kommisar you've been surprising me big time. You've got a surprisingly good grasp on what makes files pretty fun and this shows it. There are some things I would have done differently and you should have handled the freeze notes with a bit more reservation, but overall this file was pretty nice too. A keeper.

La Valse D' Amelie
Where the **** is the text? lol. Anyways I honestly can't say that I liked this one very much because it'd be a lie. I mean, the steps are good for what the song offers, but I didn't like the simfile enough to play it more than twice.

Lolharp5000
I don't really know what to say about this one. Nothing good, nothing bad. It's decent I guess, kil or ipatch wouldn't roll in their graves over this file.

Mellann
I must be really spoiled thanks to Macgravel's version of Mellann because I liked his a lot more than this one. Nothing spectacular enough to interest me an entire playthrough much less more than two playthroughs.

Mercury Lamp
Jump stream. ****ty as **** text placement graphics once again. Seriously, whoever's doing this is a ****** and needs to stop making gfx entirely if they think it's cool to place text weird.

Morph Moth
Shadowgod syndrome- The file is a chore to play. <_< You also missed some notes in the middle of freezes.

Motteke! se-ra- huku
Oh god I'm so sick of this song I'm not even going to try it.

Retard Drums
Improved vastly from when I last played it. The song won't warrant more than just a couple of playthroughs personally, but I can see some people liking it.

Roki
I didn't like the lefty-jacks. I might play it later but I just couldn't put up with the beginning to see what the rest of the file was like.

Sakura (Or Whatever)
Beatdown's best file in the pack ladies and gentlemen. It actually made a tiny bit of sense, but given the attempt of technicality and difficulty made the file ridiculously stupid. Don't do drugs children. Anyways, it'd be better to 'try' to not start a file off with a teal note.

Shlagwerk
See Motteke! se-ra- huku

Square Pickin'
My least favorite file ever in a while. Better than Power of Love though, it has fun steps but it really was just a poor song choice. I wanted to step a chip tune badly though.

The Crow's Eyes
Shadowgod syndrome meets Ossa Syndrome. I could see a really good file made out of this song, but only by someone like Yesssss or something. It was a solid nice try though.

The Last Battle
Hearing the song's sample, and seeing Legacy's cdtitle, I was really debating on whether or not I wanted to play this simfile. In the end, I did play it. I got through the intro and quit out.

The Strong Jeager (Ryu Remix)
It's worse than the one Bluemystic made like two years ago. - Wow I just played some of the oni and all you did was add jumps and hands. The way you use jacks and **** is not fun, seriously. Avoid them next time.

This Dying Soul
You have a really objective and directed approach to the way you make simfiles, and it works out really well with the songs you choose. You've also got a nice handling of the way you work solos, and it was nice and challenging.

Under The Sky
Wow Thanh you've really gone a long way. You're just barely on the verge of becoming an upper-tier sim author I feel. I can see a lot of players (Index and those who are simply not as good as Myself and better) enjoying this file, and we need more step artists like that. Good work man, just be more reserved with your freeze usage.

Vanessa
Skauert's better file in the pack. Could have been really fun but he chose the jacked up approach, no pun intended. File has jacks that might be fun and good for scoring, but there are files 1000x better for that than this. It's a shame because the song sounds like it'd make a really cool difficult gabber-gallop/jump file but things can't go my way especially from this pack.

X-Treme
Nothing I haven't seen before. This time there's random 16th streams in a gabber file.

!
I was going to skip and ignore this file and simply say "ITG/10" for it but I tried it anyways and quit in the middle of the second wave of lefty-jacks.

Some of the files in the pack are keepers I guess, but nothing really stands out as amazing. Take whatever you can as a lesson and put it towards your future works. :fox_emoticons-28:cya

(FYI I quit out of some songs early, so if I /had/ played through them, some of them may have the following applied: "Got repetitive or was too lengthy and boring.")

PM me if you find the secret.
Old 10-1-2007, 11:31 PM   #25
Kn33groW
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by L_eMo_N View Post
lol... critics annoy the **** out of me... ser4ph...
tisk tisk... you sicken me seriously...

i dont even know what to say to you... pathetic how you talk down on their files though...

[dawt fricken dawt dawt]
Bro I really hope this statement was a joke.

Its called "constructive criticism". Everyone gets it, from professional basketball players, to stepmania simfile artists. Apparently this concept is new to ya man. DS wasnt bashing or being biased to anything or anyone, he was only giving constructive criticism from an experienced artists point of view. Instead of whining and getting angry over it, it should be taken into account and rememberd for future referance.

On a different note, I know you guys tried very hard and for this I applaud. Its just that there were SO MANY things done VERY poorly, and there were a substantial amount of mistakes in MANY aspects of the pack.
Old 10-1-2007, 11:43 PM   #26
ducky285
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ducky285 Send a message via MSN to ducky285 Send a message via Yahoo to ducky285

If anything, the pack shows potential even if it is rather blah. A few of the artists in the pack (namely ShadowGod, Kommisar and Thanh) are pretty close to making some real quality sims but you just need a little more focus.
Old 10-1-2007, 11:49 PM   #27
dag12
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to dag12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kn33groW View Post
Bro I really hope this statement was a joke.

Its called "constructive criticism". Everyone gets it, from professional basketball players, to stepmania simfile artists. Apparently this concept is new to ya man. DS wasnt bashing or being biased to anything or anyone, he was only giving constructive criticism from an experienced artists point of view. Instead of whining and getting angry over it, it should be taken into account and rememberd for future referance.

On a different note, I know you guys tried very hard and for this I applaud. Its just that there were SO MANY things done VERY poorly, and there were a substantial amount of mistakes in MANY aspects of the pack.
Heh, I agree that it was criticism, but... I also agree that DS could be a little nicer in his comments, instead of just saying this was ****ty or what not.
Besides, DS could have been a little more specific in what to fix, if it truly were constructive criticism.
On a different note, L_emo_N wasn't whining... he didn't even submit a file, so he wouldn't have a particular reason to get angry at anyway. In my opinion, I think he was just pointing out how DS was being a little harsh in his remarks.
Old 10-1-2007, 11:51 PM   #28
DigitalS3r4ph
I'm Tsuka
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to DigitalS3r4ph Send a message via MSN to DigitalS3r4ph

Like I said- I don't think I was being harsh enough. You probably haven't played the files to see what I'm talking about.

PM me if you find the secret.
Old 10-1-2007, 11:58 PM   #29
dag12
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to dag12

oh, I've played the files. And no, I'm not disagreeing with you on the point that many of the files were terrible... I agree with you on that. But correct me if I'm wrong, weren't these files judged, then accepted?
Old 10-2-2007, 01:49 AM   #30
PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR
Network Security Analyst

Send a message via AIM to PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR Send a message via MSN to PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR

You guys should trust DS a lot more. This guy knows what he's talkin' bout. It's not like some random person no one has heard of is coming here and talking ****. But yeah, I downloaded it and now I gotta play some of these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightdarkness
I'm light f**king darkness
Old 10-2-2007, 02:19 AM   #31
XOX
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to XOX

omg, don't take DS so serious, he is just helping you to be a better simfile maker!
thanks for the critics dudes!
Old 10-2-2007, 02:40 AM   #32
Professor Raine
FFR Player

Nice to know how the pack is gonna turn out.

Now can someone upload it to another site? www.fliefront.com won't let me download. Someone out there to help me?

My simfilez ----
Dancing Rain : Dancing Rain 2
Old 10-2-2007, 02:46 AM   #33
Wyde
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via MSN to Wyde

Well, feck. I get the chance to download it, and FileFront decides to hate me for no reason, and not let me. Guess I'll have to try downloading it later...

And also, Raine: lol fliefront.
Old 10-2-2007, 02:49 AM   #34
Professor Raine
FFR Player

>_< I just wanna kill that site. megaupload pwns any day.

My simfilez ----
Dancing Rain : Dancing Rain 2
Old 10-2-2007, 05:21 AM   #35
kommisar[os]
Banned

Send a message via AIM to kommisar[os] Send a message via MSN to kommisar[os]

megagayload takes downloads at an amazing 24kb/s which is awesome.

ps thanks for all the reviews guys
Old 10-2-2007, 06:23 AM   #36
ThanhSakiSuki
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ThanhSakiSuki

I prefer harsh criticism. Its a great way to help the simfile artist get better.
Old 10-2-2007, 07:35 AM   #37
XOX
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to XOX

true
Old 10-2-2007, 07:46 AM   #38
Litodude
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Litodude

From what I've read so far, this pack doesn't seem quite that good. I'll dl it later and critique it myself.

DS is probably 99.999% right with his calls though.

dude
out west?
the fuck kinda location is west?
am i buying weed off a gotdamn pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
remind everyone that i am an outed racist neo-nazi who no one in their right mind should ever interact with in any way whatsoever

http://imgur.com/a/Ww9g3
Old 10-2-2007, 08:11 AM   #39
windsurfer-sp
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to windsurfer-sp

Downloading, thanks for the heads up.
Old 10-2-2007, 08:14 AM   #40
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Actually constructive criticism, in my opinion, is best done with evidence for improvement. It's fine to slip in generalized opinions, but saying "I hated this file" is not really constructive criticism -- it's not going to help the stepfile maker if you just say you didn't like it. It's better to explain what you didn't like about the file, as you've done for the most part -- but try to avoid sweeping comments.
Closed Thread