Old 03-14-2020, 11:02 PM   #2581
TWG Julian
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Agent S View Post
So you want the person attempting to vouch for themselves to die more than the person who's given up?
that's how it went last game. the person who gave up was a VT and the person who tried to vouch for themselves was the godfather
Old 03-14-2020, 11:04 PM   #2582
TWG Phil
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Julian View Post
that's how it went last game. the person who gave up was a VT and the person who tried to vouch for themselves was the godfather
This early in the game, I'm gonna lynch the person that gave up and feel good about it
Old 03-14-2020, 11:04 PM   #2583
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Quote:
Calling out that they're both town, but I can't do anything about it if that's how it's played.
Old 03-14-2020, 11:07 PM   #2584
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Now I need to check if Chrissy said she would be missing EoD hmmph.
Old 03-14-2020, 11:08 PM   #2585
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Chrissy View Post
In about an hour-ish I have to go, but I'll see if I can sneak back on before EoD. If not, gn in advance, sparkle.

But from what I've read so far back from 76 or so, why are people even considering leaving Dora alive? Been said 8 times but just... don't do that.

I'd keep Dora's iso wide open after she's gone, and recall past spots we were considering before the whole acqui reveal happened.

Honestly I say regardless of what happens we can still use stuff from it unless blatantly proven otherwise.
I guess sort of.
Old 03-14-2020, 11:08 PM   #2586
TWG Julian
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Phil View Post
This early in the game, I'm gonna lynch the person that gave up and feel good about it
that's fair, and i feel the same way. just more confident in molly being a hit
Old 03-14-2020, 11:09 PM   #2587
TWG Julian
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Flurry View Post
Calling out that they're both town, but I can't do anything about it if that's how it's played.
who's calling out that they're both town? you?
Old 03-14-2020, 11:09 PM   #2588
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Quote:
who's calling out that they're both town? you?
Yeah.
Old 03-14-2020, 11:12 PM   #2589
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

I feel like wolves in this game are playing independantly.
Old 03-14-2020, 11:13 PM   #2590
TWG Molly
FFR Player

Quote:
I guess sort of.
Isn't that quote from the previous day phase? I don't think they've said anything about not making the EoD for this phrase.
Old 03-14-2020, 11:14 PM   #2591
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Molly View Post
Isn't that quote from the previous day phase? I don't think they've said anything about not making the EoD for this phrase.
Whoa, probably getting replaced then.
Old 03-14-2020, 11:18 PM   #2592
TWG Punchy
FFR Player

Molly
More here than the other two. Huzzah!

Quote:
I still have several dozen loaves of bread from last Christmas that I don't want going to waste. I feel obligated to finish it off first before getting any more food.

If anyone needs bread, please feel free to take some.
Flavour from interacting with Chief. Not indicative.

Quote:
Chief: I feel like they aren't melding and being cooperative with everyone else much and doesn't feel like towny behavior in general.
This is their first read on Chief. They switch to Zucker, of course, but this is our first indication of a read. They didn't have a vote on Chief, for the record.

Quote:
This looks like a lame attempt to pocket Phil. You should want to hold your vote back because you want to wait until EoD to make sure a lynch doesn't happen.

-----------------------------------------------

Chief: Was reading as wolfy on d0. Still do: other than post 1367, most of his posts seem reactionary and/or don't do much to help solve the game
They don't mention Chrissy in their reads list, but they mention her about her "lame attempt to pocket Phil." They have a similar read of Chief as they do the the rest of the thread, so they're building distance from these two. The big thing to note is that Molly didn't have nearly the same amount of pressure they had in the thread at this time as they do now, so they weren't under the weight of having to distance in the case that these two were their partners. Sorry Cherry, but I don't see the three of them being partners. Too convenient, mrmpht.

Quote:
-I've been pushing for Chief and Julian for quite awhile. I started to consider the possibility of them being a w/w team somehow. In the process of thinking about this, I saw Julian's reads from the previous phase and I really didn't like the read they did on Chief (I can elaborate if need be). In the case they are wolf partners, I thought this was an attempt to make Chief look more favorable. However, in the recent posts, the fact that Julian is bringing attention to the fact that he has Chief higher than null on his reads makes me think that otherwise so I'm not quite sure what to make of that.
If Chief/Molly is a thing, they're pinning it on Julian.

Quote:
Thanks, that's a good idea. I don't have a rock solid case against either of them, but I'll try to share some thoughts.

Chief: I have a strong gut feeling that chief is wolf but I'm having trouble making an argument that goes beyond tone-reading and his voting on d0. For that believe in the possibility of a wolf-julian world, I did mention how I didn't like julian's town-read on chief. I found it hypocritical given how strongly julian felt he was in the right about pushing del even after the claim; I also feel like there are some implied premises in his argument that don't make much sense. I'm having a hard time articulating it right now, but I can try to be more explicit about it later.

Chrissy: If people want to vote for inactivity, Chrissy seems like a decent vote if she doesn't say anything before EoD. I feel like a lot of their posts have been really "easy" posts to make (e.g. remarks/questions about mechanics) and not much actual thoughts towards others. If she does come back before EoD, I'm curious how she'll react to the discussion regarding her possibly pretending to be an inexperienced player.

I'll see if I can dig up more but this is what I got at the moment.
Re: Chrissy
-The feedback is somewhat vague (provides no quotes as examples), but is specific enough about what they dislike. I would agree that Chrissy posting about mechanics is a thing to be concerned about. I wish there was more detail here, though. I don't think it's enough to call it completely effortless and bussy, though.

Re: Chief
-More of the same, really. Can you articulate this faster?

Quote:
Your read on Chief was:
"that anger at being accused strikes me the same as what del did/continues to do to me. seems genuine...[rest of read]"

iirc, throughout d1, you talk about how you tunneling del was completely reasonable since they were acting wolfy and it would have been impossible for anyone to tell that they were a cop based on their actions. If what Chief is doing is "the same as what del did" and you thought your tunneling towards Del was completely reasonable, then it seems to follow that you also push for Chief.

Have you changed your mind at all regarding if you think your tunneling on Del was the correct choice to make given the situation?
More evidence for Molly/Chief being pinned on Julian. Could be a good route to go down if she flips wolf. If Chief flips wolf, it could also be a good avenue as well. I know Chief was inconclusive, but it's the best we've got
Old 03-14-2020, 11:19 PM   #2593
TWG Phil
FFR Player

Who r u on, flurry?
Old 03-14-2020, 11:22 PM   #2594
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Quote:
Who r u on, flurry?
Chrissy atm
Old 03-14-2020, 11:26 PM   #2595
TWG Mathilda
FFR Player

I was leaning more towards molly but after reading through more I could go chief today. I think our best bet is between these two right now. Idk if I'd wanna jump on Chrissy today, but don't think it would be terrible either.
Old 03-14-2020, 11:27 PM   #2596
TWG Punchy
FFR Player

Idunno, I think based off of interactions, Chief is the safest bet. I don't think it solves Chrissy, but I think Chrissy will be solved by the host at the moment. Chief could help point to Molly, and I think Molly is actually trying unlike Chief, mrmpht.
Old 03-14-2020, 11:29 PM   #2597
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Well, I can at least agree that you probably don't want Chief on a F3 in this game.
Old 03-14-2020, 11:30 PM   #2598
TWG Tank
FFR Player

kek i was tryna start a reads list but eod more pressing

Phil town

Quote:
bruh
I feel like I need to give a history lesson every time I give my reads
LYNCHING
LOWPOSTERS
WINS
GAMES
PERIOD

sort by psotcount, become werewolf expert

AvOiDiNg ThE wAgOnOmIcS is so shit on FFR, literally it takes 4 people to lynch someone sometimes

that's NOT wagonomics, its just reflective of how the site is

if we had like 15 of the 20 people active here, then it would be reflective and wagonomics might actually mean something

xiz was lynched last game by an entirely town CFD d0
manti was lynched in the last FE mystery game by all the wolves piling on him

its not just simple as masturbating over a votecount; just fucking find the wolves bro

and guess where the wolves usually are?
^not wolfing
obv not the only reason he's not but its one of the better ones
next

Flurry town lean
Quote:
Phil. Zucker or Mathila ?
Quote:
I guess Zucker's iso is slightly more wolfy.
I will give this read with the grain of salt that wolves love to bus for no reason* (think they overestimate how good their reads would be as town. when you already know the answer it makes your wolf bros feel more obvious)
I think wolves around at eod should be content to ignore phil and shruglynch del, that's mostly what seemed to be happening. (Chief/Mathilda's alignments are most relevant unknown factors in this equation)
But bringing up mathilda and then ending up on zucker before Phil answers feels more collaborative and solvey to me than either going on zucker or building off punchy having brought up mathilda, etc.
Despite the fact that del was the frontrunner at the time, putting attention on zucker makes him more likely to die by lynch/vig in other phases when he hadn't done anything that would make that inevitable
Anyway, I lean toward this not being a bus
If people disagree I'd at least like to hear it reasoned out. feels like it's being ignored

Isoing them is a bit of an experience. they come off more differently in aggregate to me in iso than anyone else (might say more about me than her though, leltank)
Their posts give me the impression they do not already know who the wolves are
Progressions seem p solid, healthy paranoia
Creepiest avatar tho tbh
Old 03-14-2020, 11:36 PM   #2599
TWG Mathilda
FFR Player

chief

Getting pretty tired so going to put my vote here. Will still check in unless I pass out.
Old 03-14-2020, 11:38 PM   #2600
TWG Phil
FFR Player

Flurry, isnt Chrissy still under the post count min?
Closed Thread