Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2020, 10:13 PM   #3561
TWG Fauna
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Julian View Post
agent s's iso of rolf makes rolf look pretty good, but i side with phil about not giving any points for the wolf daychat subject
Are you guys suggesting scum are less likely to read the OP Or are you saying he posted it as misdirection/town cred?
Old 03-17-2020, 10:13 PM   #3562
TWG Apollo
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Agent S View Post
and if it is not a hit this post is going to come back to haunt you.
If that's the case then every mislynch any town has ever had would come back to haunt them. If a town is confident in their choice and the reasoning is sound I don't see why there would be regret if there's a mislynch.
Old 03-17-2020, 10:14 PM   #3563
TWG Apollo
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Apollo View Post
If that's the case then every mislynch any town has ever had would come back to haunt them. If a town is confident in their choice and the reasoning is sound I don't see why there would be regret if there's a mislynch.
Unless you're saying that as if you know he's going to flip town and you're going to use that as fuel to get Cole lynched :thinking:
Old 03-17-2020, 10:14 PM   #3564
TWG Boomer
FFR Player

Convenient that Rolf came back to post hard soon before end of phase - namely after it was confirmed modkills would probably be happening.

:thinking:
Old 03-17-2020, 10:15 PM   #3565
TWG Agent S
FFR Player

Quote:
maple/punchy/tank?
maple/fauna/tank ?
Old 03-17-2020, 10:16 PM   #3566
TWG Apollo
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Boomer View Post
Convenient that Rolf came back to post hard soon before end of phase - namely after it was confirmed modkills would probably be happening.

:thinking:
They met the post count minimum so it wouldn't have mattered as agent s brought up
Old 03-17-2020, 10:17 PM   #3567
TWG Boomer
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Isabelle View Post
Vote Count:
3/18 @ 00:00

00:59 = good
00:00 = bad

==============

Agent S [2]
Tank, Maple

Phil [1]
Julian

Maple [5]
Rolf, Agent S, Cole, Flurry, Mathilda

Rolf [2]
Phil, Fauna

Flurry [2]
Cherry, Apollo

Cole [1]
Boomer
Updated based off of a couple posts, but not all votes because I'm quickly skimming.

I'm cool with seeing Rolf, Cole, Maple, or Agent die today.

Agent helps solve Cole for me, imo. I think if Agent is wolf, Cole's wolf.
Maple just.. enh. Their play has been sloppy.
Rolf is also just.. kinda minimal and their arrival is, like I said, convenient.
Old 03-17-2020, 10:19 PM   #3568
TWG Boomer
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Apollo View Post
They met the post count minimum so it wouldn't have mattered as agent s brought up
Even so, it rubs me the wrong way.
Old 03-17-2020, 10:20 PM   #3569
TWG Julian
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Fauna View Post
Are you guys suggesting scum are less likely to read the OP Or are you saying he posted it as misdirection/town cred?
i think wolves and townies are equally likely to scrutinize the OP. i'm saying it's a null point since it's impossible to tell whether it's fake or legit when it's such an easy point to make
Old 03-17-2020, 10:21 PM   #3570
TWG Julian
FFR Player

Quote:
maple/fauna/tank ?
feel way stronger about punchy than the other two, to be honest
Old 03-17-2020, 10:21 PM   #3571
TWG Julian
FFR Player

maybe not WAY stronger, but stronger
Old 03-17-2020, 10:23 PM   #3572
TWG Julian
FFR Player

boomer, regarding rolf's reappearance, i get what you're saying, but this is also the time most people reappear given EOD is coming up and the thread is active. hard to make a call on that
Old 03-17-2020, 10:24 PM   #3573
TWG Agent S
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Fauna View Post
I'd like to read you towny for this because based on the ISO it seems like Rolf flipping red would clear you, tank, maybe others. This entire post only happened because of pressure from Maple though, so I'm not convinced

Have you posted a lynch order?
I posted a semi-lynch order when I threw down a quick readlist. Let me grab it real quick.
Old 03-17-2020, 10:25 PM   #3574
TWG Punchy
FFR Player

There's no way I'm finishing this reread before EOD

I like Rolf is fine and Maple has been trending up for me
UGH
Old 03-17-2020, 10:27 PM   #3575
TWG Rolf
FFR Player

Quote:
Rolf Iso

Interesting pull-away from Del beginning of the game, taking Del's viewpoint of 'gathering attention for the wrong reasons' into consideration.

Still don't really understand the attention to the fact after all this time. Shows as borderline defensive, as they don't want to be responsible for covering Tank. Have no idea what you're trying to get at here. Do you not understand how two different people answering different questions directed towards the same player looks bad for both that player and the people answering for them?

Putting down observation on Punchy's vote of Apollo when they're suspicious of Chief, and whether or not it's distancing. Punchy responded that yes, they are suspicious, and that it's a mindmeld with Phil earlier, there was an adjustment a little later from Punchy that they don't think it's distancing. To which Rolf followed up:

I put small pressure on Rolf for shifting conversation. Which in hindsight was pretty weak on my part.

Follow-up to my pushing.

Rolf minor townreading Julian for how d0 was playing out, but also assuming devil's advocate. Happened in the middle of my breakdown w/ Julian on d0, hence why I began scumreading Rolf alongside Julian. I keep multiple worlds open when I play. Think it's pretty obvious when reading my posts who I am so it is what it is. This is the first time though I believe where you've actually stated this is the reason you were pairing me with Julian and not just because I was defending them unless I missed something?

Relatively unhappy with the way Phil was handling voting in d0.

Responding to me regarding asking for his opinions about a few players, when he had by chance responded about them in his previous posts. Also at this point mentioned that he could lean one way or the other in inactive voting, but did point out Zucker. So, no bonus points for a proper vote of 'anyone inactive'. What do you mean here regarding 'bonus points'? I explained that I didn't really care whether inactives were gone after the first phase or not, but if they were I wanted to avoid Del for that one little post questioning why people weren't voting him over another when inactives were brought up. Which then was nulled with his hypocritical vote, which I also explained. Who are you to say what's a proper vote here when I said I could've gone either way?

Small pressure on Apollo to provide better, juicier content.

hitback from Tank saying that Rolf's leading questions are showy & wolfy. Rolf didn't argue it. Wonder what Tank's thoughts on Rolf's activity up until now.

First lynch options from Rolf. Del for inactivity, Apollo for not providing content to work with, and Tank for weak pushes.

Rolf cracking down on Tank for more weak pushing after throwing out their comfortable lynch targets. Staring to seem less and less likely that Tank/Rolf is a w/w thing. Wasn't for more weak pushing, but for that initial pushing that he didn't explain well enough the first time which is why I had that post earlier stating I couldn't defend against what wasn't argued well.

Yep, Rolf/Tank is definitely not w/w.

Votes Del after not wanting to be misconstrued with what they're saying 6mins before eod. Votes Zucker after cop hardclaim.

Didn't read OP correctly. Personally I mistook this as a possibility of wolf-read because I also wasn't exactly sure during the context of this post, but this is leaning more-so town if they truly weren't aware.

Rolf liked Julian's defenses during d0, and put down this monster of a defense in Julian's favor. I wasn't convinced, started reading Julian/Rolf along-side each other. Given Julian's role reveal now, this is looking pretty strong in favor of Rolf. So it was it now or before that you were pairing me and Julian together?

Rolf's confusion on whether or not there is day-chat for wolves is pretty big. Not saying that it can't come from a wolf mindset, just that it's pretty dirty from a wolf mindset especially when it's not mentioned in the OP of the thread, and more likely to come from a town mindset.

Eugene followed up with Rolf, pointing out that the wolf daychat was listed under clarifications in the OP.

Choosing to lynch Dora over following Maple's plan of letting them join town and have the P.I. constantly block them. + from me.

Multiple posts now about not knowing certain mechanics from the OP. Comes off as pure, when it's half-way through d1 by this point, and the Acqui has already been outed.

Conversation thread that seems to lean towards Rolf wanting P.I. to claim for a free town read, but not wanting Blocker to claim because we can still get use out of it. Take the first bit with a grain of salt though, because it's only suggesting. Don't remember actually suggesting that, just saying that Eugene wanting that PI to out looked a bit better than Phil wanting the blocker to out considering the use we'd get out of the PI at that point vs the blocker. It was entirely up to the PI if they wanted to do it or not rather than somebody else outing them themselves.

big oof. Alright? Like yeah make fun there but lots of other players had some combination of people we now know are town in their target list

Only leaves Cole's slot though.

First big post from Rolf. A lot to parse here, so it will be in order.

Explaining his reasoning from his Del read in d0, and then swapping back onto Del prior to claim, followed by a meta read on myself. Not just a meta read as I've explained but also that that style of play is scummy.

Responding to Apollo 'going the route of lynching them' in order to resolve the other people Apollo specifically has issues with in reading.

Also super dismissive and thinking it doesn't amass to anything when told that rolf molly and chrissy all have one person reading them town in the big list of reads that everyone made d1. it didn't amass to anything as those numbers appeared to come from nowhere. More than one player had me as at least slightly town at that point.

Still town leaning Julian.

Takes note of Chief's big-posts that he's not utilizing quoted posts to enforce thoughts they have brought up on multiple occasions.

Pretty yowch response to the situation of the game up until this post. Given their inactivity in this phase, it's super conflicting to how their d0 & early d1 game has been.

Reminiscent to the point that I brought up early game that Chief felt like the 2nd half of a perspective on this game. This was the correct call, unfortunately the fallout of Chief not really co-operating led to a mislynch. Funny enough, they got lashback from Chief for comparing Red Blaster to Xelnya because of this post.

Votes Chief after the matter.

Right about where I'm at with Maple fakeclaim resolution. I'm sure a lot of people would like to think otherwise and that it's a bad town move, but until it gets resolved, it's going to be all question marks.

Small explanation to their viewpoint on the Chief lynch, as well as their vote on Maple for the fakeclaim.

Last post that Rolf made in the thread, which was yesterday. They also mentioned shortly before this, that they aren't trying for the minimum 5 post cap, as they would have all day today to post, which they haven't. This is the false. My mention was because Tank accused me of filling my post requirement with one word posts 'again', when I had never done that this game.

Voting back to the meta read made some time ago. I haven't played for a long time though, so I don't really see much merit in the meta vote, but I can gather a few different unexplained angles as to why they might be voting the way they are, so it explains it from my point of view. Still think most of it is stemming from Julian being a PR, and me lopping him in with Julian. Again, not just meta but generally scummy play.

Rolf was going to be making the postcount minimum even if they didn't post for the rest of the phase, so that argument from people is kind of moot.

There's been lots of small conversation here and there of me pointing out fault in Julian's gameplay, and it's sad to see that all of it was kind of dismissed. There was a pretty good ISO that someone did of me not too long ago that covers some of those, if you want to recap on them.
Some thoughts here.
Old 03-17-2020, 10:28 PM   #3576
TWG Cole
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Rolf View Post
Alright yeah enough of this.
Everybody that is saying shit like this needs to also give info on what questions they expect to be answered or interactions to be solved when I flip. This is just such a cheap thing to say.
i agree with this

as a rule i avoid lynches that are purely for information

sometimes it is unavoidable depending on factors lile pr actions but no one is really selling me that the info gleamed from this lynch outweighs another choice
Old 03-17-2020, 10:29 PM   #3577
TWG Rolf
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Maple View Post
Because it's everyone elses reads on you.
Not good enough.
Old 03-17-2020, 10:30 PM   #3578
TWG Agent S
FFR Player

Quote:
I think right now:

Town is
Flurry, Phil, Cherry, Eugene, Mathilda, Boomer, Julian

Town Lean
Punchy, Fauna (less so than Punchy)

Null
Apollo, Tank, Cole

Wolf lean
Rolf, Maple

I think there's a possibility of a deep wolf between Cherry/Eugene/Punchy/Fauna.

I think there's 2 wolves between Apollo/Tank/Rolf/Maple/Cole.

Julian's claims about Phil are a bit of a stretch for me to believe.
Lynch order would probably be Maple -> Tank -> Cole.

After the Rolf iso, I'm feeling a lot more comfortable in putting them as a lower town lean compared to higher (Punchy). Apollo has been moving up slowly for me as well.
Old 03-17-2020, 10:31 PM   #3579
TWG Agent S
FFR Player

Quote:
feel way stronger about punchy than the other two, to be honest
Is it still the long-posts from Punchy that is making you have the gut read downwards on them, or is there something else that specifically getting you reading them in that manner?
Old 03-17-2020, 10:32 PM   #3580
TWG Rolf
FFR Player

Don't like making responses like that as it's hard to quote back, but seperating that huge wall into multiple quotes with responses between is a pain in the ass to do
Closed Thread