Old 07-28-2013, 05:01 PM   #1741
Senip
Forum User

Default Re: The Fitness Thread

Reach: that thread is enthralling, haha.
Senip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:01 PM   #1742
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Decided to get off my ass and do some jogging today (I had my sister as my jogging buddy). Was super exhausting but I feel a lot better now than I was feeling before I jogged I was experiencing stomach pain about half way through though, I'm guessing that might be because I hadn't yet eaten anything? Anyways, we jogged about 1.5 miles around the block (which is pretty much all dirt road.) I was using flip flops like a dumbass because I didn't have anything else at the time. Also, we had to take a few walking breaks because my stamina at this point just sucks.

I felt really good afterwards, but I'd like to also improve my experience ~during~ the jog as well :P Any tips for this noobie? Some questions:
-Should I eat something before/while I'm jogging? What should I eat and how much of it?
-Footwear, I know flip flops aren't the best lmfao. Anything more specific than just "shoes" though? Any tips on what type of socks to use?
-Clothing?
-Any tips to improve my stamina? I have to take walking breaks here and there because I don't have the stamina to job the entire thing in one go. Are these walking breaks acceptable?
-Anything else I should know?

Not happening now! Don't click to join!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
(^)> peck peck says the heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakvvv666
awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing
reuben_tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:04 PM   #1743
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

My friend (who is in terrific shape) is the only person I know who eats while he jogs. He usually eats carrots.
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:14 PM   #1744
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

Diet soda is fine. There is no evidence to suggest aspartame is bad for you.

HOWEVER, cola in general is horrible for you teeth.

But if you're going to drink cola, you might as well drink diet.

And yeah, that thread is awesome. I don't care if the OP is a fake or not. Some of his insider information is hilarious and he knows a ton of shit.

Also, LMAO @ Senip's OHP. Real. I tried to press 250 on the *machine OHP* once, a few weeks ago, which is the max at our gym, and I couldn't even budge it despite almost blowing an artery trying.

Last edited by Reach; 07-28-2013 at 06:16 PM..
Reach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:17 PM   #1745
Senip
Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
Diet soda is fine. There is no evidence to suggest aspartame is bad for you.

HOWEVER, cola in general is horrible for you teeth.

But if you're going to drink cola, you might as well drink diet.

And yeah, that thread is awesome. I don't care if the OP is a fake or not. Some of his insider information is hilarious and he knows a ton of shit.
A lot of it rings true for what I've heard from other people, so I suspect he's the real deal.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:24 PM   #1746
LLaMaSaUceYup
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to LLaMaSaUceYup Send a message via MSN to LLaMaSaUceYup Send a message via Yahoo to LLaMaSaUceYup

You can easily do a quick search to realize that aspartame is very detrimental to ones health. Glad I quit drinking soda over 4 years ago..
LLaMaSaUceYup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:35 PM   #1747
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLaMaSaUceYup View Post
You can easily do a quick search to realize that aspartame is very detrimental to ones health. Glad I quit drinking soda over 4 years ago..
Bullshit.

Links to scientific studies showing aspartame is 'very detrimental to one's health'.

A 'quick google search' of real literature linked me to this: http://informahealthcare.com/doi/pdf...08440701516184

A search of pubmed led to nothing substantial, searching for 'aspartame', 'aspartame toxicity' and 'aspartame safety'. Just countless studies showing no links, or studies on animal livers and crap like that.

Pop isn't 'healthy'; i would hardly recommend people drink it, but going as far as saying it's extremely detrimental to one's health simply isn't true.

Last edited by Reach; 07-28-2013 at 10:38 PM..
Reach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:00 PM   #1748
LLaMaSaUceYup
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to LLaMaSaUceYup Send a message via MSN to LLaMaSaUceYup Send a message via Yahoo to LLaMaSaUceYup

Well I guess I am better at searching than I thought. The truth is that Aspartame breaks down into Methanol, (which is a poisonous alcohol that breaks down into formaldehyde.) Aspartic Acid & Phenylalanine, both neurological toxins.

P.S. Reuben you should eat the least you can with the most amount of nutrition before you run. Oatmeal with fruit is great I prefer blueberries, you can add them in after the oatmeal is done cooking. Also coconut oil & maple syrup is nice to have around. Salad can be bomb if you know what you are doing. ~_~
Old 07-28-2013, 11:03 PM   #1749
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Oh shit methanol, guess we should stop eating tomatoes too
Old 07-28-2013, 11:09 PM   #1750
LLaMaSaUceYup
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

If the tomato was made in a laboratory, yes.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:11 PM   #1751
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

There's no good evidence that aspartame is harmful to us. We know how it breaks down and how it gets processed.

Also you're committing an appeal to nature fallacy. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_nature

Last edited by Reincarnate; 07-28-2013 at 11:15 PM..
Old 07-28-2013, 11:24 PM   #1752
LLaMaSaUceYup
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Yes and this is why 'we' keep it away from the public. Nothing good about free Methyl Ester/Free Methyl Alcohol. Now I would post evidence but it is fairly simple to find like I stated above! By the way you are free to eat and drink whatever you want, just be well educated and informed before stating what is really 'good' or 'bad'. P.S. Stressing out because you just ate something unhealthy does not help either.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:33 AM   #1753
Senip
Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post

Also, LMAO @ Senip's OHP. Real. I tried to press 250 on the *machine OHP* once, a few weeks ago, which is the max at our gym, and I couldn't even budge it despite almost blowing an artery trying.
I still can't do very much on the machine OHP, the mechanics of it makes it very difficult for me. I usually just clean the weight up, then press it.

@aspartame bullshit:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...73230002915424

Quote:
When all the research on aspartame, including evaluations in both the premarketing and postmarketing periods, is examined as a whole, it is clear that aspartame is safe, and there are no unresolved questions regarding its safety under conditions of intended use.
Dan Newmire was talking about that earlier, and basically said you'd have to drink a ridiculous amount times your body weight to have any negative effects.

Last edited by Senip; 07-29-2013 at 02:57 AM..
Old 07-29-2013, 04:36 AM   #1754
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Well I guess I am better at searching than I thought. The truth is that Aspartame breaks down into Methanol, (which is a poisonous alcohol that breaks down into formaldehyde.) Aspartic Acid & Phenylalanine, both neurological toxins.

P.S. Reuben you should eat the least you can with the most amount of nutrition before you run. Oatmeal with fruit is great I prefer blueberries, you can add them in after the oatmeal is done cooking. Also coconut oil & maple syrup is nice to have around. Salad can be bomb if you know what you are doing. ~_~
I like oatmeal I'll give that a try next time, thanks a bunch!

Not happening now! Don't click to join!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
(^)> peck peck says the heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakvvv666
awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing
reuben_tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:33 AM   #1755
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

Artificial sweeteners taste like shit.
Don't eat while you exercise, that's just...no. Worst case it'll make you choke or puke, will not give you energy unless you're doing something epic.
Cavernio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:04 AM   #1756
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Yes and this is why 'we' keep it away from the public. Nothing good about free Methyl Ester/Free Methyl Alcohol. Now I would post evidence but it is fairly simple to find like I stated above! By the way you are free to eat and drink whatever you want, just be well educated and informed before stating what is really 'good' or 'bad'. P.S. Stressing out because you just ate something unhealthy does not help either.
What the fuck is this.

'I would post evidence but it is fairly simple to find'

Nobody here can find it so why don't you post it.

You're not posting it because it's not science and people are going to laugh at your references.

That aside, interesting read: http://thescienceofnutrition.wordpre...itical-review/
Old 07-29-2013, 10:25 AM   #1757
LLaMaSaUceYup
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Here is one of my sources, really surprised no one found this documentary. Although searches are a lot easier when one actually takes the time to care. If you suggest this a propaganda film than you are clearly mistaken!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI7_8...&feature=mv_sr

P.S. Do a search on lactic acid, coconut oil is great because it contains tons of natural fats & is 40% lactic acid, really boosts your energy/health. I now prefer it over butter now although that is hard to believe because I felt addicted recently until coconuts. I never really cook with it since heating can destroy value, adding into oatmeal after done cooking or on top of french toast, you go to heaven!! ~_~

Oh + I mentioned this earlier although no one seemed of much interested I will post a link to help out!

http://www.nuts.com/cookingbaking/po...a/organic.html

Contains 50 - 70% Protein including all other nutrients the body needs. Literally everything you would need is packed into this algae, makes sense too.
I would even go as far to imply that this is better than taking any 'whey' or 'creatine' supplement.

http://www.amazon.com/Now-Foods-Vcap...vegan+capsules

Last edited by LLaMaSaUceYup; 07-29-2013 at 10:36 AM..
Old 07-29-2013, 10:34 AM   #1758
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Can you post just the YT ID so I can see it? (I'm using a proxy so YT is all garbled here)
Old 07-29-2013, 10:38 AM   #1759
LLaMaSaUceYup
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

watch?v=ZI7_8FDzuJE&feature=mv_sr

Is this what you meant?
Old 07-29-2013, 10:39 AM   #1760
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Yes, thanks