infinity.
sideways 8
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to infinity.
Default Re: The Fitness Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohaider View Post
weighed in at 176.3 at 6'0, 5 months ago I was 210

exercised rarely, stopped drinking soda, only eat sweets rarely. Started buying 24 packs of water and carrying bottles on me

Surprised to see so much progress from so little physical effort hahaha, guess sugar has quite a lot of impact
carrying a bottle of water around is the best way i can think to stay in shape.. makes you not drink tons of sugar crap. when i stopped drinking soda in high school and exercising regularly weight just shed off

nerds
infinity. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:01 PM   #1722
Banned
FFR Veteran

keepin up on my workout every day. i've been noticing a nice increase in muscle mass as well as how nice my body is starting to look. really builds self esteem!
top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:43 PM   #1723
ssbmchamp
Can't improve at this game.
FFR Veteran

Quick question for anyone that may know the answer:

What are the advantages and disadvantages of over training? For example instead of doing 3-4 sets of something, doing pyramid sets ranging from 10-15 sets, OR working out the same muscle group multiple days per week?

When I looked it up I found so many conflicting views on this. Personally I think that (theoretically) if you over train your muscles can't get any smaller therefore the worst case would be you stay the same. I'm just getting desperate to push through a plateau which I've been at for about a month and it's really getting annoying.
ssbmchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:32 PM   #1724
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senip View Post
Yeah but theyre saying 3 years, total training. 1 year of training with lats like that etc is fucking insane.

Must be nice to live in Egypt (or kuwait, wherevz) where drugs are pure and you wont go to jail.

I take it back, this article says 2003.

wut. http://www.body-xtreme.com/bodybuild...-story/165.htm
Oh, well yeah obviously he has been working out for more than 3 years. I mean, in his pic from 2011 that I posted he's still gigantic. He looks like he's way way over 200 lbs. He didn't wake up looking like that. Probably took years to get to that point lmao

But he probably only started jumping on olympia level gear 3 years ago.

Quote:
Quick question for anyone that may know the answer:

What are the advantages and disadvantages of over training? For example instead of doing 3-4 sets of something, doing pyramid sets ranging from 10-15 sets, OR working out the same muscle group multiple days per week?

When I looked it up I found so many conflicting views on this. Personally I think that (theoretically) if you over train your muscles can't get any smaller therefore the worst case would be you stay the same. I'm just getting desperate to push through a plateau which I've been at for about a month and it's really getting annoying.
That's not overtraining. That's just training more, and sounds fine. Overtraining is when you train to a point that you actually lose strength and muscle mass.

Sometimes you do need to do more to get past a plateau. You can't keep doing the same thing forever.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:49 PM   #1725
mnnicol
U mirin'?
FFR Veteran

Hit 3-plate bench for the first time Monday evening and hit 235x3 (actually 4, but the 4th was with a spot ) on incline bench!
Old 07-25-2013, 08:52 PM   #1726
mnnicol
U mirin'?
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCWolf View Post
I decided to get into fitness because a girl I cared about hurt me pretty bad, and already self-conscious me was hit with a ton of figurative bricks.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:51 PM   #1727
kmay
Don't forget me
FFR Veteran

Sexy meme lol
Old 07-25-2013, 10:10 PM   #1728
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnnicol View Post
Hit 3-plate bench for the first time Monday evening and hit 235x3 (actually 4, but the 4th was with a spot ) on incline bench!
That's a pretty big bench. Nice job

I've been stuck on 205x8 incline and 215x8 flat for two weeks now. Est. 1RM of 267 on flat, so you got a shit load on me there.

Not sure what I should switch up. Might do dumbbell inclines for a bit instead.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:51 PM   #1729
LLaMaSaUceYup
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to LLaMaSaUceYup Send a message via MSN to LLaMaSaUceYup Send a message via Yahoo to LLaMaSaUceYup

Any of you ever read up on Spirulina? Best way to stay fit in my opinion. You can find it at sprouts in the jarred spice department or order in bulk from nuts.com. I recommend ordering vegan capsules & try to stay away from the already capsulized version. You want it as raw as possible!
LLaMaSaUceYup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:06 PM   #1730
Senip
Forum User

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvqAC...layer_embedded

Holy fuark.

I havent benched really heavy in a while, wonder where I'm at. I hit 425 for a couple of reps, felt like I could probably get 450. Incline I can nail 315, since I've been focusing on it.
Senip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:13 AM   #1731
LLaMaSaUceYup
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to LLaMaSaUceYup Send a message via MSN to LLaMaSaUceYup Send a message via Yahoo to LLaMaSaUceYup

That kid must eat tons of spirulina.
LLaMaSaUceYup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:35 PM   #1732
mnnicol
U mirin'?
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
That's a pretty big bench. Nice job

I've been stuck on 205x8 incline and 215x8 flat for two weeks now. Est. 1RM of 267 on flat, so you got a shit load on me there.

Not sure what I should switch up. Might do dumbbell inclines for a bit instead.
Appreciate it, bro!

My flat bench was stuck on ~225-235 for 3 (5 on a good day) just a few months back. During my recent cut (started in early March), I watched some powerlifting videos and took up their form (mainly the back arch and slightly closer grip). While losing weight, my bench went up to 275x3 in 3 months. If you don't already do so, I highly recommend it.

Similar story for inclines...by the end of my cut, I was hitting 205x6 on incline bench, but was too afraid of upping the weights. Finally decided to man up and now made it to the 2-plate club

Quote:
I havent benched really heavy in a while, wonder where I'm at. I hit 425 for a couple of reps, felt like I could probably get 450. Incline I can nail 315, since I've been focusing on it.
You are an absolute animal, dude! Just out of curiosity, what're your squat/DL/OHP like?
Old 07-26-2013, 11:30 PM   #1733
SCWolf
༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to SCWolf Send a message via MSN to SCWolf Send a message via Skype™ to SCWolf

Quote:
Sweet jesus
Old 07-28-2013, 07:25 AM   #1734
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnnicol View Post
Appreciate it, bro!

My flat bench was stuck on ~225-235 for 3 (5 on a good day) just a few months back. During my recent cut (started in early March), I watched some powerlifting videos and took up their form (mainly the back arch and slightly closer grip). While losing weight, my bench went up to 275x3 in 3 months. If you don't already do so, I highly recommend it.

Similar story for inclines...by the end of my cut, I was hitting 205x6 on incline bench, but was too afraid of upping the weights. Finally decided to man up and now made it to the 2-plate club

You are an absolute animal, dude! Just out of curiosity, what're your squat/DL/OHP like?
I already arch my back slightly and take a slightly closer grip, mostly because I like the feel it gives me with the slightly closer grip. Further apart feels like shit.

What I'm not interested in using, however, is leg drive. I never use it and think it's stupid from a bodybuilding side. It makes the lift a ton easier but takes the tension off muscles I'm interested in.

http://forums.blackstonelabs.co/show...?1173-Who-Am-I

You guys see that? lol
Old 07-28-2013, 10:50 AM   #1735
mnnicol
U mirin'?
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
I already arch my back slightly and take a slightly closer grip, mostly because I like the feel it gives me with the slightly closer grip. Further apart feels like shit.

What I'm not interested in using, however, is leg drive. I never use it and think it's stupid from a bodybuilding side. It makes the lift a ton easier but takes the tension off muscles I'm interested in.

http://forums.blackstonelabs.co/show...?1173-Who-Am-I

You guys see that? lol
Nah, fair call. I tried using leg drive once, but I hurt my anterior delts doing it 'cos the weight came flying towards my face lol

And lolwut. A more intelligent GH15?
Old 07-28-2013, 12:47 PM   #1736
Senip
Forum User

I usually go wider just so I can get more of a stretch, any closer than that and my shoulders take over.

OHP 265x2-3, squat 575, dl 550. Probably cant do shit right now because I'm SO GODDAMN TIRED.
Old 07-28-2013, 01:07 PM   #1737
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

What do you guys think about diet cola? I haven't quite made the shift yet to water-only but I try to never drink soda if it has calories.
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:32 PM   #1738
SCWolf
༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to SCWolf Send a message via MSN to SCWolf Send a message via Skype™ to SCWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
What do you guys think about diet cola? I haven't quite made the shift yet to water-only but I try to never drink soda if it has calories.
Diet cola won't hurt you realistically.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:16 PM   #1739
Senip
Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
I drink it all the time, haha
Old 07-28-2013, 04:22 PM   #1740
Ohaider
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I tend to stay away from it haha, always hear bad things about aspartame i.e. the sweetness makes you desire sweeter foods, makes you hungry more often, etc

Plus by carrying water-only around with me everywhere and sipping it regularly, I've found that I don't even have any desire to drink diet soda because I'm never thirsty in the least bit anyways haha, it almost looks unappealing