Old 07-1-2006, 11:20 PM   #21
lord_carbo
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to lord_carbo
Default Re: SSing in GunZ is as retarded as Wavedashing in SSBM

ToshX I wanna play you :< Yeah after playing Falcon I'm sure I'd beat you. He hasn't played in a while and I didn't have my amazing rocket aim warmed up until the last few rounds, so we both had our drawbacks, but we're pretty even. All in all, though, if he can beat you so can I.

You usually play on server 2, right?
Old 07-2-2006, 10:19 AM   #22
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I usually play on server 1, but today I am going to be on server 2 around 7-8PM EDT. I'll go against both of you.

I saw you play DM, rofl, you were doing terrible. I'm better without speedhack because I'm a lot more accurate and don't fire wildly trying to have fun.

Seriously, I'm worse when I hack in terms of killing speed(unless I use unlimited massive strike or get lucky and poke everyone to death with a dagger).

The reason I score so high is because I know where to hang around and how to get multikills. Also, in DM, there are several types of people, and I know which ones to take out first, which ones are likely to have the lowest HP, and when the "tide of battle" shifts to another location.

You need to know at least a couple of those to be good at DM. I consider DM to be the best kind of game because you can easily raise your levels. And until you're level 50 with all of the best equipment, I wouldn't even worry about your skill.

Until you've played the game until level 50 legitimately, you haven't even gotten the start of the game, in my opinion. I am certain there are several skills that outdo any spayer or SSers(eg. weird weapon combos, weird styles of play) that I've never even thought of, and won't until I continue playing this game.

In level 0-5 DMs, SMGs are better than rifles. In 5-21, rifles are the best, ESPECIALLY THE LEVEL 18 RIFLE. You should keep the level 18 rifle until you're at least level 25, but I used it up to about 32 in DMs along with a MG and simply used lighter armor. MGs are undoubtedly the best weapon for spraying in DM past level 30, usually to be used with a 80 delay rifle, even though they have lower ammo.

If you're going to play DM, use lighter armor. You shouldn't be healing, THE ONLY TIME YOU SHOULD EB HIDING IS IF YOU'RE RELOADING and only temporarily then. You can mess with the opponent's mind enough in this game that they might not even hit you, so you always have a chance to kill them, even if you'll die in one hit and they're full.

In TDM, use medpacs. They weigh about 5 (weight unit) depending on how many you get, and heal 30HP (depending on how many you get). That's the thing, if you're level 30+, you get the 3 medpacs, and instead of 3 aromr medpacs, get 2 more health medpacs. It's more efficient, since you're using light armor, and I'd rather have 20HP than 30AP anyway.

There are certain times when you must not spray. This actually happens pretty often. If your opponent gets within dashing legth of you, don't move back, proceed to butterflying them. If they sit there and turtle, just shoot them. If they butterfly you back, simply outbf them.

Soon I'll post: What places to fight with pictures.

I'm gonna be busy from about noon til' 5-7 :< But I'll be on by 7, hopefully. I KNOW I'll be on by 8. Try contacting me as early as 5-6, though.
ToshX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-2-2006, 10:22 AM   #23
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Oh, don't get me wrong, rifles are amazing weapons. I just think that MGs are a lot more useful because you can run into battle without reloading. Also, most of your opponents will dive left and right if they have any idea of what they're doing. If they don't, you can just as easily kill them with an MG. An MG doesn't have THAT big of a spread, but still packs a powerful punch. I consider it an "effective spread".

For example, if we were playing Mansion, it could hit about 1 out of every 5 of the bullets it shot out assuming you were fighting from the wall at the red carpet stairs all the way over to the wall at the underground stairs.
Old 07-2-2006, 11:16 AM   #24
gerbi7
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to gerbi7

I can't get the gunz patch to work.

My account that I haven't played in like 5 months is about level 28, and I use the level 18 rifl ALOT. It can kill anyone with a full mag, it's extremely accurate, but it doesn't have alot of ammo. So that's why I got me MG =)
As for killing SSers they're sometimes harder to hit, but rockets will pwn their asses off, because they can't move. I have double rockets that I use, and switch off, so that I squeeze out about 7 rockets while the guy is stuck in a tiny little spot. Works really good on dungeon. 8)

EDIT:
Downloaded patch off of fileplanet, lol.
Oh, and heres a match where I only used the level 18 maxwell, 26 nico and lightweight sword:

All of them except xaito and sw45 were using some type of SS.
(that was after not playing for about 5 months too, rofl.)

Last edited by gerbi7; 07-2-2006 at 02:44 PM..
gerbi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-2-2006, 03:06 PM   #25
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Yeah, SSers are horrible.

I haven't lost a DM yet :> Excluding ones that I joined in when someone had 20+ kills already, but that isn't entirely fair, you know :/
Old 07-2-2006, 04:06 PM   #26
Mindfields
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Mindfields Send a message via Yahoo to Mindfields

I <3 TDMs at Battle Arena. I got 30 kills in one half of a game there and they wanted me to switch teams for a while rofl.
Arena is easy as long as the round doesn't last very long. You take an auto rifle and snipe at people from the seating-area. Usually when one enemy dies, a team mate will die. Then you just wait until there's an enemy left and 1v1 him. It's fair game ;/
Mindfields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-2-2006, 04:50 PM   #27
purplepopcorn
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to purplepopcorn

does anyone know /slash commands that work for adding friends?
I'm tired of calling someone and telling them to go to x lobby on x server so I can add them to friends to know where they are when we're in the same lobby.

I hope Xfire will include Gunz eventually.
purplepopcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-2-2006, 05:16 PM   #28
Chromer
Hookers and Blow
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Chromer Send a message via Yahoo to Chromer

Tosh if you think Wavedashing in SSBM is retarded, you just lost cool points with me. :<
Old 07-2-2006, 05:50 PM   #29
lord_carbo
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToshX
I saw you play DM, rofl, you were doing terrible. I'm better without speedhack because I'm a lot more accurate and don't fire wildly trying to have fun.
Seriously stfu I suck at DM. In a TDM or 1v1 I'd surely rape. That and even then that wasn't my best DM ever [/excuses]

PS not all k-stylers are horrible just the ones that think they're superman when they're SSing and BFing and refuse to take cover or sneak around a bit. The only reason it seems like that is because about 98% of all k-stylers fit in with the description above.
Old 07-2-2006, 06:00 PM   #30
whiteflame
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to whiteflame

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconsfan14
LOL

1: I know for a fact that i AM the best at gunz on FFR, hands down dont ask questions.

2: I know tosh is good at FPS's, very good, but gunz isnt just aiming and diving like his style of play is.

3: I can back it up, and will if you want.
You suck with swords..I remeber when I competely owned you with swords...I still have the account and go on every once in awhile.
whiteflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-2-2006, 06:02 PM   #31
tsutter
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsutter

im better at gunz than all of you and ive only played it once shut up

*waveshines everyone out again*
[02:02:16] <Hayden> i carry the plastic i make it spastic when i put it in ya moms ass boy her **** is elastic when im finished in knee that slut in the jaw snap her back in to pieces i lay down the law cuz i gots no respect fo that ***** elixers **** seeing as he got double dick ****ed on dust 2 by an ingram at long A in pit
tsutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-2-2006, 06:29 PM   #32
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Whiteflame, you blamed it on lag when I beat you.

Falc, I remember doing well against you with swords. I don't know what happened to the screenshot, but I doubt he'll deny that. Turns out I'm better at guns now and not as good at swords.

I'm gonna go on now that I'm back. I'll wait til about 8:30(45 minutes) for anyone to contact me, then I'll just sign off. I may stay on longer if I'm having fun, though.
Old 07-2-2006, 07:03 PM   #33
gerbi7
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

tsutter get out lol.

I'm yet to play you tosh.
I'll usually play on whatever server has the most, but isn't full.

Swords are only good for jumping on walls. A maxwell can pick you off from 100 meters, but you have to be next to someone to kill with a sword.

Oh, turns out I'm pretty good at killing laggers as well.

Popcorn, you need to go to the channel lobby, find that person, right click on the name in the playerlist on the right, add friend, and then hit F1 in a game and you should be able to get a command to send messages.

gogogo pwn noobs
Old 07-2-2006, 07:27 PM   #34
Mindfields
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Mindfields Send a message via Yahoo to Mindfields

DrasticActions4: [first message]
x poser mobile x: ww
x poser mobile x: STFU
DrasticActions4: LOL!
x poser mobile x: STOP
x poser mobile x signed off at 7:26:33 PM.

Wonder what he was doing rofl
Mindfields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-2-2006, 08:19 PM   #35
gerbi7
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

lol. owned.

Try turning on an away message and blocking aim pop-up chat boxes.
Old 07-2-2006, 08:51 PM   #36
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Carbo and I played. Overall, he beat me by I think 6 points in a 25 point game. Guess I'm not very good at 1v1, haha.

But then we played deathmatch. I got 30 kills, he got 22, next closes was like 17 or something I dunno. I'd consider it pretty crappy considering how there were ****ing 5 people in the room out of 16 people that had godmode and/or speedhack. Carbo can confirm this.
Old 07-2-2006, 10:09 PM   #37
lord_carbo
FFR Player

Yes I can. All of that is true.

Yeah I rule FFR 1v1's except tsutter who is a god.

Last edited by FishFishRevolution; 11-11-2007 at 11:43 AM..
lord_carbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-2-2006, 10:29 PM   #38
Chancellor_Rayden
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Chancellor_Rayden Send a message via Skype™ to Chancellor_Rayden

8(
Old 07-2-2006, 10:42 PM   #39
aperson
FFR Hall of Fame
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to aperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromer
Tosh if you think Wavedashing in SSBM is retarded, you just lost cool points with me. :<
Seriously.

Also, play a real FPS. No one cares if you're good at gunz. I was one of the top CTFers in Q3 and one of the best trickjumpers in the world, that holds a bit more gravity.

aperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-3-2006, 06:43 PM   #40
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

AP, I wouldn't make a topic in TGB if I were trying to achieve world fame.

zulu called me a noob, too.

I should play berserker more often.