Old 11-24-2018, 03:43 PM   #1
Zeldagurlfan1
FFR Player

Default Sarah-dippity.

10 years ago was when ffr and anime had really taken over my life, I was 16 and at this time, lil teenage Zeldagurlfan1 had been accustomed to all of 4chans yotsuba and m00t memes, listening to massive amounts of DJ Sharpnels speedcore and happy hardcore albums on my iPod nano and was obsessed witha drawing pictures of Haruhi Suzumiya (since that anime had a dance that was all the rage and was considered a leader in its animation style for the 2000s that presses through into today’s animation (specifically anime outside of Netflix’s studios).

So Im was sitting here in the tattoo shop that I’m apprenticing at telling sensei about DJ Sharpnel and how I used to listen to japanese happy hardcore/ speedcore while drawing haruhi suzumiya..... like, and if you were to ask me where I’d be in 10 years from now when I was 16, I probably would have said - defensively - that I’d still be doing the same goddamned thing.

Crazy thing is that 10 years later: from when I completed the series, started the anime club, and listening to my iPod nano in the hallways of my high school blasting DJ sharpnel...
... it all comes full fucking circle.

Within 10 years, from then and now, I have actually progressed so much as a human being and have finally stopped my ways and came back to my roots, and appreciating myself for the journey I took as I come to accept myself to this point in my life today.

I have met so many of you and 10 years ago I knew none of you at the personal level, and it’s just so crazy to think about the question where do you see yourself in 10 years.... because it’s not about the final result, it’s about the person you had to become during life’s crazy twists and turns and ups and downs.

When you can still appreciate everything you were and grew with it while having to grow in other ways only shows and defines who you always were going to be. I have not changed but I have and I guess all I have to say is that I never lost myself.

Hopefully we all come full circle , and it may not be in 10, but sometimes, reflecting back into your happiest moments really makes you realize that you were who you always were meant to be.

Anyway, I’m gonna finish this picture. Happy FFRiday!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zeldagurlfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 05:59 PM   #2
qrrbrbirbel
FFR Veteran
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Sarah-dippity.

#wholesomesaturday

Glad to hear your gratitude spewing out of every pore!
Old 11-25-2018, 05:12 AM   #3
Zeldagurlfan1
FFR Player

Default Re: Sarah-dippity.

Sometimes you gotta be thankful for the little things and appreciate what everything in your life has offered you and continues to offer you. Recognition goes along way, especially towards other people... and you can’t give someone recognition if you’re not able to recognize that within yourself. It’s truly a blessing in disguise.

Love > Ego my friend,

[emoji3059]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zeldagurlfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote