FFR Veteran

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourningfall View Post
how big are the lawyers?
what area of law are they practicing?
law
how big are the lawyers?
Small which is why they flinch when you look at them.

what area of law are they practicing?
The problem area that attempts to maintain the status quo of the upper middle class by threatening legal suit on citizens who practice the opposing law known as freedom of information.

law
Law is a loose term that describes a phenomena in which the the ruling class threatens to punish others every time their self esteem is compromised.
Old 08-7-2016, 10:55 AM   #22
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Default Re: I've a question

Travis flesher

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

Old 08-7-2016, 11:24 AM   #23
Rapta
🡸Index🡻Is🡹Fun!🡺
Global ModeratorMultiplayer ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

A revolution would not work right now nor would it be sparked with this discussion thread. My opinion.
Note the left hand pinky. It stretches out into attack mode to make etienne's hand appear larger, an intimidation technique for the arrows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourningfall
[3:51 PM] Mourningfall: i spent the second half of that song getting face fucked by a fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Hi I see rapta come play TWG next game
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
Rapta thinks alot about memes and fonts. I'd be inclined to think he's town because wolves wouldn't have time to meme would they ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk
if we keep releasing engines that work on 1/4 of people's computers, we'll get there
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger
do u even agrabah
Quote:
Today at 12:53 AM
I have no fucking idea how you were able to identify that specific line from meme show so you are basically an elder god of memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotik
When I think Mother’s Day, I think Venetian Snares.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haku
have you heard someone mention eating pancakes to negate friday 13th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk at 10:53:56pm on 10/26/11
OMFG VC! I want your programming fingers in or around my mouth OnO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storn at 3:03 PM
We have so many batches open. Its like a backlog clearance sale. ALL FILES MUST GO!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonE156 at 11:07 PM
You've never felt intimacy until you've practiced Jiu Jitsu ground techniques with the only girl in class
Old 08-7-2016, 11:58 AM   #24
Travis_Flesher
Champion
FFR Veteran

Default re

Another form of the word revolution is revolt. Take off one letter and you have evolution.
To revolve around something would be to orbit around it. Take away the prefixes and suffixes
and you are left with 'vo' which bears a striking resemblance to 'va', a conjugated form of
a latin word meaning to go. In any instance this word conjurs ideas of action and movement.
Old 08-7-2016, 12:04 PM   #25
botchi246
Keepin it Real since '05
FFR Veteran

I volunteer as tribute

Old 08-7-2016, 12:16 PM   #26
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

I don't want to spend any time on this (EDIT: I failed) because everyone knows why we can't have mainstream songs and stuff, but to add:

#1. those websites for mp3s you are talking about, they are around because they don't host the MP3 themselves - they are just content scraping bots that scour the web for mp3s and provide you an easy way to search them, which is why they don't get shut down.

Have you ever seen those blogs that are literally just copy and paste content from forum posts and such? Or the youtube "mirror" sites that just embed youtube videos on their own page? Content Scrapers: https://blog.kissmetrics.com/content-scrapers/

#2. It's a dumb idea, simply because it would piss off the wrong people. You say:

Quote:
Are you guys some grassroots organization that doesn't use big name copyrights or something?
You realise that the second we start stealing songs and such, we put the final nail in the coffin and force ourselves to permanently become grassroots?

I would argue that a huge goal of FFR, and the FFR developers, is to get the game to be popular and thriving - I would be extremely happy if when I went to the FFR site it said "14,618 playing now" like Osu! does - the fact of the matter is though, if we are pissing people off and breaking copyright, we directly cause this to never be able to happen - and once it does start happening (us becoming more popular), the chances to lose it all are very high.

That being said, having big name artists or whatnot would be good for publicity.. I think a big part of what helped FFR back in the day was the artists widgets and such, people putting them on their myspace (such a different time frame/generation, dating myself here lol, RIP) - having songs now is nice, but the permission acceptance ends up being a nice email back "sure! You can put my song in your game, just make sure to give credit", which is great and all, but could you imagine if someone like Skrillex or whatever (dating myself yet again, no idea if he's even popular now) tweeted "Going to have my new song in Flash Flash Revolution!" and then linked the widget so you can play it in the tweet.

Quote:
I don't want to spend any time on this
Already failed, but one thing I really find lacking in the 4k game community is nice video content - I don't mean to hate on the top players who post amazing scores and videos, but there isn't really much there unfortunately in terms of quality content to watch - I'm talking meme tier shit, commentary videos, videos showing off FFR etc. I really, really enjoy this video and wish this guy would have made more FFR stuff - if this wouldn't get new people trying out the game, I don't know what would:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M89EXge6yBA

When I consider that for the other game I primarily play (League of Legends), I could potentially spend the entire day watching new content (as in uploaded that day) of interesting LoL videos, trolling videos etc, makes me kind of sad to think about FFR :/ I guess the gameplay doesn't lend itself to videos of this kind, but even something like a stream highlight video with funny reactions, the player getting shocked but unexpected crazy patterns, reacting to hitting something insane etc, sort of like gosu's videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGUN64l8Lys

I'm completely rambling at this point, but the main thing is that we want this game to be popular and respectable, and stealing songs and avoiding copyright is an ass backwards way to go about doing it.

Last edited by Dinglesberry; 08-7-2016 at 12:17 PM..
Old 08-7-2016, 12:20 PM   #27
Travis_Flesher
Champion
FFR Veteran

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by botchi246 View Post
I volunteer as tribute
To volunteer is another word using the root 'vol'. It means to give one's self willingly as there is no 'value'.
Old 08-7-2016, 12:22 PM   #28
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

Default Re: re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis_Flesher View Post
To volunteer is another word using the root 'vol'. It means to give one's self willingly as there is no 'value'.
Oh my days, I can't believe I wrote more than a sentence for this thread.

Legal good! Illegal bad! This how is!!
Old 08-7-2016, 12:28 PM   #29
Travis_Flesher
Champion
FFR Veteran

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinglesberry View Post
could you imagine if someone like Skrillex or whatever (dating myself yet again, no idea if he's even popular now) tweeted "Going to have my new song in Flash Flash Revolution!" and then linked the widget so you can play it in the tweet.
dingleberry I read your whole post I'm just quoting this part. If we had some big names like Skrillex,
Justin Timberlake, (don't really know who's popular right now, but whoever) Rihanna, Jay-Z, Britney Spears. Once we
get a bunch of those guys it starts to become less and less likely to get shutdown because of mass appeal do you follow?

Furthermore, I believe it is certainly in the artists' best interests to have their materials on this website. Sharing is caring and whether or not they are 'getting paid'
for it is not important because trust me they have enough money and people that care about them that they will never need nor want. To freely produce, share,
make, enjoy material is vastly better then appropriating funds.

Last edited by Travis_Flesher; 08-7-2016 at 12:49 PM..
Old 08-7-2016, 12:48 PM   #30
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

Old 08-7-2016, 12:56 PM   #31
Travis_Flesher
Champion
FFR Veteran

Default re

I just thought of something and maybe it's just me and this has already been happening
but this is how we can share simfiles freely. All we do is make charts of whatever music
we want then insteady of including the mp3 or audiofile with the link, we just give the steps
and tell the person that they will need "Steve Miller - Fly Like an Eagle" or whatever the song may be.
Old 08-7-2016, 12:58 PM   #32
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

Quote:
I just thought of something and maybe it's just me and this has already been happening
but this is how we can share simfiles freely. All we do is make charts of whatever music
we want then insteady of including the mp3 or audiofile with the link, we just give the steps
and tell the person that they will need "Steve Miller - Fly Like an Eagle" or whatever the song may be.
Brb making the entry barrier to the game an even larger wall than stepmanias entry barrier

RIP
Old 08-7-2016, 01:02 PM   #33
Travis_Flesher
Champion
FFR Veteran

anyone that has crossed the entry barrier to getting original charts can understand this stuff
what's up with that nature rune anway lol

Last edited by Travis_Flesher; 08-7-2016 at 01:14 PM.. Reason: dat nature rune tho
Old 08-7-2016, 01:09 PM   #34
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

Quote:
anyone that has crossed the entry barrier to getting original charts can understand this stuff
The game has like 500 active players now, and I doubt thats just people logged in, might even be people randomly playing (to be honest, I'm impressed with 510, not bad FFR not bad).

Trust me, if people come and have to download mp3s themselves that may or may not sync up, and go through work just to TRY the game, it's bad news.

We wan't the entry barrier lower - if anything, we want to encourage people registering, and playing every day. League of legends win of the day does this pretty well.
Old 08-7-2016, 05:26 PM   #35
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Halogen View Post
Typing "download mp3" into a search engine, more often than not, leads to either a site that hosts it with the artist's intent to gain a monetary profit, or a site that is illegally hosting the music. Just because you can doesn't mean you should, nor do is it make it correct to do.

There are artists who have supplied permission to create content under the contingency that their audio files cannot be downloaded. What you're suggesting doesn't quite fall into this though, but is slightly correlative: FFR doesn't have the appropriate licenses to use these songs that can be found using a brief "download mp3" search, and are liable to get into trouble for hosting content that they do not own. Typically, this starts in the form of a DMCA takedown notice, but can be a bit more extreme with repeated infractions, if my memory serves me correctly.

You can't just say "hey, we don't give a shit that you want this taken down, this is the internet." It simply doesn't work that way.
c'mon son I know you're super serious but why did you let yourself not only get trolled but but why did you make the first post in said troll thread
Old 08-7-2016, 05:27 PM   #36
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
We wan't the entry barrier lower

Quote:
We wan't the entry
Quote:
We wan't

Quote:
wan't

wan't
Old 08-7-2016, 06:08 PM   #37
Rapta
🡸Index🡻Is🡹Fun!🡺
Global ModeratorMultiplayer ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I've NEVER in my 17 years of living and breathing the English language, seen someone misconstrue that want is a contraction.

You have made my day.
Note the left hand pinky. It stretches out into attack mode to make etienne's hand appear larger, an intimidation technique for the arrows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourningfall
[3:51 PM] Mourningfall: i spent the second half of that song getting face fucked by a fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Hi I see rapta come play TWG next game
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
Rapta thinks alot about memes and fonts. I'd be inclined to think he's town because wolves wouldn't have time to meme would they ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk
if we keep releasing engines that work on 1/4 of people's computers, we'll get there
Quote:
do u even agrabah
Quote:
Today at 12:53 AM
I have no fucking idea how you were able to identify that specific line from meme show so you are basically an elder god of memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotik
When I think Mother’s Day, I think Venetian Snares.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haku
have you heard someone mention eating pancakes to negate friday 13th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk at 10:53:56pm on 10/26/11
OMFG VC! I want your programming fingers in or around my mouth OnO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storn at 3:03 PM
We have so many batches open. Its like a backlog clearance sale. ALL FILES MUST GO!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonE156 at 11:07 PM
You've never felt intimacy until you've practiced Jiu Jitsu ground techniques with the only girl in class
Old 08-7-2016, 06:21 PM   #38
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

Uhhhhh.... Wan't is.... Want to? D:
Old 08-7-2016, 06:23 PM   #39
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

Lol I dunno I'd blame auto correct but I'm on my phone now and want doesn't auto correct so.. RIP
Old 08-7-2016, 10:54 PM   #40
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Quote:
the opposing law known as freedom of information
The 'Freedom of Information Act' refers to government documents and information and has literally nothing to do with stealing other people's copywritten property.
Closed Thread