Old 05-2-2019, 04:11 PM   #161
inDheart
FFR Player
 
inDheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 454
Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

dammit

wayward
inDheart is offline  
Old 05-2-2019, 04:12 PM   #162
star-crossed
FFR Player
 
star-crossed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 10
Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Also @Star

We should aspire to be the shepherds of Town and guide the flock to victory, not the sheep that makes horrible votes because someone he sees as a good player got upset at someone else
I have not a clue what you're trying to say here, but you seem to be overreacting.

What I am getting from the long post to daiyki seems to boil down to "I am great at reading Haku and he is obviously a townsperson, therefore you posting anything is padding in comparison to Haku's posting." Is that accurate?
star-crossed is offline  
Old 05-2-2019, 04:13 PM   #163
Daikyi
FFR Player
 
Daikyi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 10
Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

i think shadowolfe you need to reread intent of my post, and the fact that im not really pushing the thought any further. i even characterized the thought initially as just that, a thought that doesnt really lead to many data points in my mind. i even allude to the fact that i havent played with haku for a long time, so unless youre not actually reading the things you directly quoted, im actually unsure why you seem to be angry at me for pointing out something about haku? it seems like a really sudden and out of place gut defend

__

re: mml not acknowledging haku posts as padding

my definition of padding is closer to straight up unnecessary, and irrelevant things posted as a guise to try and look active and involved.

hakus posts were regarding a previous game. my posts were straight up about posts that were being made in this game lol

so unless this is something different than straight up semantics about what your view of "padding" is, its another instance of arguing for the sake of arguing which im trying to step away from, because of the general unlikableness (in a real life way, unrelated to gamestate) of the situations it generates.

also, you can call my posts easy mode all you want, but im still earnestly trying to make observations and actually think on them, rather than slapping in surface level reads. if you want a base level read, consider something more than "trying to analyze haku d0 is easy mode"
__________________
Daikyi is offline  
Old 05-2-2019, 04:14 PM   #164
star-crossed
FFR Player
 
star-crossed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 10
Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
Star isn't town yet

I know I put her as town last page but
That's more of a guess with only three wolves

Sure she's more town than the turbo but that is not saying much
The only comment you made on your lean on me was before I posted. What?
star-crossed is offline  
Old 05-2-2019, 04:17 PM   #165
inDheart
FFR Player
 
inDheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 454
Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Also @Star

We should aspire to be the shepherds of Town and guide the flock to victory, not the sheep that makes horrible votes because someone he sees as a good player got upset at someone else
this is the most Hello Fellow Townies post in the game, change my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
OK I'll be busy all day so here's some thoughts

I like that Shado is doing stuff

I remember Gradiant being more aggressive as town and was surprised that he didn't get into it with Shado

I think what Raeko says about Roundbox is incorrect as I always feel like he doesn't hardly play every d0 I play with him. Roundbox noshowing is null this early.

I don't know how pure Star's vote on me was but I am confident that the logic is bad

FFA acting like he doesn't know what he's doing is a skit I'm extremely interested in seeing develop, I guess.
i like to think gradiant can be a reasonable person, and a reasonable person would not escalate in the convo they were having, and i'm surprised you think he would
inDheart is offline  
Old 05-2-2019, 04:17 PM   #166
flashflash account
FFR Player
 
flashflash account's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: On a mountain in a desert
Posts: 395
Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
The only comment you made on your lean on me was before I posted. What?
Yes that's the one I'm referring to
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
Iíve demonstrated self-awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
flashflash account is online now  
Old 05-2-2019, 04:20 PM   #167
star-crossed
FFR Player
 
star-crossed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 10
Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Also Haku is town because he would express all that to a wolf partner if he had one
So, you're trying to tell me that Haku as a wolf would be genuinely thinking about this kind of thing, but only talking about it in wolf chat. I fundamentally disagree, and I expect a better explanation of how you are reading Haku.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
I've been told to lynch players in a certain order based on a mass claim and if I simply followed the order; town would have won pretty convincingly.

The problem lies on reaching out to others in the right way.

I didn't actually stand for myself when I had more than enough on my plate to push the game at the right place.

I said what I had in mind overall, but it's like it didn't really reach out because of how it was said.

It felt like it was too easy to be true and I eventually started second guessing myself over technical stuff that was outside of my control that didn't really matter. e.g: (does role color matter, is Xel a bastard role in a non bastard game, etc.)

The point is that lynches got wasted over stupid stuff and then wolves won despite having all the info to technically win after the first phase.

I feel like I still need a backup buddy to end the game for me after sitting down and sharing the information.

Mix that with being absent at eods due to work and struggling in voice chat to think at a meaningful way to rally others over logical stuff and I've got quite the problem.

Anyway, gotta reset for this game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
I'm still thinking at what went wrong in the previous game and what I should do about it this game knowing I'm likely to be stuck in the same situation.

I see Yoga, Funk, Haikus.

Not quite sure how to go about it just yet.
star-crossed is offline  
Old 05-2-2019, 04:20 PM   #168
Daikyi
FFR Player
 
Daikyi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 10
Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by inDheart View Post
this is the most Hello Fellow Townies post in the game, change my mind



i like to think gradiant can be a reasonable person, and a reasonable person would not escalate in the convo they were having, and i'm surprised you think he would
same thoughts.

gradiant is the kind of person who reacts badly to people being dumb above all else tbh, i dont think its ever any town/wolf indicator
__________________
Daikyi is offline  
Old 05-2-2019, 04:21 PM   #169
inDheart
FFR Player
 
inDheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 454
Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
The only comment you made on your lean on me was before I posted. What?
actually while we're at it

"only three wolves"

in c9++

lol

not to mention the word "only" next to expressed uncertainty on your alignment is backwards
inDheart is offline  
Old 05-2-2019, 04:23 PM   #170
flashflash account
FFR Player
 
flashflash account's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: On a mountain in a desert
Posts: 395
Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

As opposed to a reads list with a pool of 5 or 6 potential wolves

Imma cry shade here
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
Iíve demonstrated self-awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
flashflash account is online now  
Old 05-2-2019, 04:23 PM   #171
inDheart
FFR Player
 
inDheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 454
Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daikyi View Post
same thoughts.

gradiant is the kind of person who reacts badly to people being dumb above all else tbh, i dont think its ever any town/wolf indicator
yeah and i don't think shado was being dumb (and i think he and i agree on that?)

maybe he thinks shado was being too bristly but i read his posts like he was acking shado had a point there
inDheart is offline  
Old 05-2-2019, 04:25 PM   #172
star-crossed
FFR Player
 
star-crossed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 10
Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
Yes that's the one I'm referring to
WHY ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT A LEAN ON ME FROM BEFORE I EVEN LOOKED AT THIS WEBSITE AS IF IT IS AN ACTUAL LEAN?
star-crossed is offline  
Old 05-2-2019, 04:26 PM   #173
star-crossed
FFR Player
 
star-crossed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 10
Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

DO YOU NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO SHARE BESIDES A NULL LEAN?
star-crossed is offline  
Old 05-2-2019, 04:26 PM   #174
inDheart
FFR Player
 
inDheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 454
Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
As opposed to a reads list with a pool of 5 or 6 potential wolves

Imma cry shade here
your list had 3 as well though

still don't get it really

anyway, it's not the end of the setup spec that's actually indicative because that's standard ratio still, plus you were in a team of 3 in the first roll, so it's whatever
inDheart is offline  
Old 05-2-2019, 04:27 PM   #175
star-crossed
FFR Player
 
star-crossed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 10
Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

ARE YOU SUSPICIOUS OF EITHER OF THE PEOPLE TRYING TO TAKE ME OFF THE TABLE LESS THAN HALFWAY THROUGH THE DAY
star-crossed is offline  
Old 05-2-2019, 04:29 PM   #176
Gradiant
FFR's Resident Trashpanda
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran
 
Gradiant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Michigan
Age: 25
Posts: 1,151
Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
I like that Shado is doing stuff

I remember Gradiant being more aggressive as town and was surprised that he didn't get into it with Shado
1) Is it safe to take from the first part then that you like shado doing stuff because it involves daikyi talking about Haku? That's all I can really get from it otherwise. They are just casual thoughts thrown out here but they all have a slight bit more substance than just 'shado's doing things'.

2) In earlier games yeah maybe, but only after a bit into the game after people are continuously doing stupid stuff or refusing to be involved in the game (inactivity or plain just throwing stuff around without reading). I do agree with daikyi though about shado's sudden, intervention i guess? it's why i said in my post that his reaction was insightful.
Gradiant is offline  
Old 05-2-2019, 04:33 PM   #177
Gradiant
FFR's Resident Trashpanda
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran
 
Gradiant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Michigan
Age: 25
Posts: 1,151
Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradiant View Post
They are just casual thoughts thrown out here but they all have a slight bit more substance than just 'shado's doing things'.
by this, i mean the rest of your thoughts so far compared to 'i like shado'
Gradiant is offline  
Old 05-2-2019, 04:35 PM   #178
Gradiant
FFR's Resident Trashpanda
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran
 
Gradiant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Michigan
Age: 25
Posts: 1,151
Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

daikyi, when you say 'defend' when talking about shado and haku, are you inferring a general defense just because or that they'd be on the same team if one of them were scum?
Gradiant is offline  
Old 05-2-2019, 04:36 PM   #179
inDheart
FFR Player
 
inDheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 454
Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

ok, maybe i misunderstood then

@mml i'm still left wondering what there would be to escalate though since gradi's point seemed to be made; either you expected him to push on that more forcefully or...?
inDheart is offline  
Old 05-2-2019, 04:37 PM   #180
inDheart
FFR Player
 
inDheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 454
Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

"escalate" was my word but the sentiment's there, not like there's nothing happening between gradiant and shado
inDheart is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution