Old 12-5-2010, 09:33 PM   #261
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,024
Default Re: League of Legends

okay all of you seriously

why does league of legends have to make someone so mad

everyone has their own builds and style of play for a champion. what works for you might not work for someone else. unless their build is horribly wrong, who cares what they get. of course, there are a few exceptions because some champions can only be built in a few ways (ie twitch or heimer). but even then, sometimes a build slightly different could work.

you can theory-craft all you like, but the point is, there is no real way to judge the power of two builds that both work to some same level of degree. there are too many factors to take into consideration. some people like throwing their champion into the middle of a teamfight. some people prefer to stay in back and pick off champions one by one. if you're the first, you like tank items. if you're the second, you like lifesteal. each component of these different kinds of attributes an item can give has their place, which different people use to fit their needs

in any case, when you're playing a champion, you should have a moderately flexible build, to account for the different possible strategies the enemy team might have, and counter them appropriately. the best players can change their build on whim, depending on their needs

instead of fighting for who has the best build, try to convince the other person that your build would be a better choice if you adapted the same playstyle as that person. if that person chooses not to take advantage of your build, then that's better for you (unless you're playing on the same team as him), because whenever you play against him you'll know that he'll be weaker



now my stance on the doran blade
true, it doesn't give you as much lifesteal as vamp scepter, but honestly, in laning phase, you shouldn't be taking enough harassment that makes the lifesteal component on it necessary to get your health back up. the lifesteal on the doran's blade is more than enough, and certainly gives back more health than the doran's shield, assuming you're farming properly. on top of that, the overall +100 max health is super important, because when you get ganked or you're in a fight, that health makes the difference between life and death. in a fair fight, two champions normally come out pretty close, assuming they are equally farmed. whenever you have a doran's blade and you escape a close call with less than 100 health, you can thank your blade for that.
in a fight though, damage is critical because it adds up quickly. at lower levels, lifesteal is pointless because the amount of life you gain back from each attack is insignificant in the context of a fight, which lasts only a few seconds.

of course, this isn't always the case, but it is almost always the case. that also doesn't mean that the scepter can't work, it just isn't as effective usually
__________________
Rhythm Simulation Guide
Comments, criticism, suggestions, contributions, etc. are all welcome.

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music
stargroup100 is offline  
Old 12-6-2010, 07:28 AM   #262
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,024
Default Re: League of Legends

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoElite2 View Post
Normally I don't grace pups with a response. I'll make it brief.

@Master: I'm quick to dismiss bad builds. That's a bad build. But then again, it wins you all the 1200 games you want it too, so it's obviously good, amirite?

Also, name's Jonas Sterling. I've been playing since 3 months into closed beta, I've written the first comprehensive guide of Nasus and Shen, and I'd probably be top tier if I really cared to play Ranked. In fact, mister Dragun here, that's been reaming your ideas this entire time, and I are on the same 3's team and Solo queue when we can. We probably theorycraft more than you and your friends do in weeks, in one day.

@mina. I think I'm 1550 normal ELO. But then again, I've been 1800 normal, I've been 1200 normal. I also have almost 200 more rating than you in solo queues with about 1/5th the games played. Ain't that a bitch.

You 5v5ing me would be a waste of my time. I'm not above ignoring the request, but it would probably consist of a bunch of top tier stacking and pretending you're good. Which is all I'm getting from you or Master.

TL;DR: u bad.

There we go.
normally I don't bash people but I do like to bash people who are douchebags

you don't call a build bad and then not say why it's bad. that's stupid and you're stupid

you could be top tier if you played ranked. did you? yes you did. are you top tier? no. you're only at best a few steps ahead of the rest of us. you're stupid

at least dragun here posts in a respectable manner. honestly, listening to you talk like this, I have no idea why he even plays with you. you're stupid

3 months into closed beta. wow, playing time makes such a huge difference, and skill doesn't matter at all. that's stupid and you're stupid

200 more ranking than mina eh? last time I checked 1482-1381 isn't 200. and you guys have about the same top elo. 200 more ranking indeed. that's stupid and you're stupid

I honestly don't care if you've written comprehensive guides. wrote a guide for shen and nasus? well I guess you're a decent shen/nasus player then. bet I can find a champion you suck with

5v5 is basically the whole basis of this game at its fullest, in terms of strategy and skill, and is the sole basis for which the discussion here revolves around. if you're not willing to take the time to run some noobs into the ground for free ip then maybe you're just making excuses for yourself and you're not as good as you say you are. hell, even I could probably make a 5 and whoop your ass
__________________
Rhythm Simulation Guide
Comments, criticism, suggestions, contributions, etc. are all welcome.

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music
stargroup100 is offline  
Old 12-6-2010, 10:06 AM   #263
TechnoElite2
FFR Player
 
TechnoElite2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 37
Send a message via AIM to TechnoElite2 Send a message via MSN to TechnoElite2 Send a message via Yahoo to TechnoElite2
Default Re: League of Legends

Apparently, Mina thinks 383-315 is 85% win ratio. His logic is flawless.

I can't believe the audacity of calling someone higher rated, with a better W/L ratio, bad. Mina's nothing but a random bad who's tough **** because he can call the carry excuse. Uh oh, my W/L is bad in ranked. 7.1 K/D with Ezrael and 5+ in my other normals is so bad. But let's dismiss that, because I'm obviously worse than Mister 35-36 here.

Also, because another random came into the field of fire, I'll give him the curtoesy. Stargroup, I had to really dull my intelligence down a few levels to wrap my head around just how 'stupid' your post is. It was so stupid, I couldn't believe how stupid some stupid people could stupid be.

More to the point. Why is that MF build bad, you say? Why's it good? W hits hard, E farms, and ult hits hard, am I right?

Are you rocking kite/heal meta focusing on keeping MF alive? Do you even know what that means? Doubtful, and doubtful, as kite/heal meta has been unviable for months, since before MF even came around. Oh snap, I have a billion AP and can auto attack like a truck because of my OP W! Watch everyone with half a brain build/play around any AP heavy MF build. Without double up and W's syngergy with physical damage heavy items and not needing attack speed early on, she'd be pretty worthless. She still is fairly average, considering the nerf stick has been smacking her in the face every other patch.

Also. Why Dragun plays with me: I'm awesome, I respect him, this is the internet. The day I start giving randoms online my respect for being idiots is the day I jump off a very tall cliff, shoot myself in the head on the way down, and land in a vat full of rabid bears. On fire.

And last I checked, Mina had like, 1320 rating? Must be getting carried by some friends.

Also, I saw Duct Tape on the forums like, twice. I faced Pendragon and BryonicHero more than I saw him. Probably bad luck, but that's how it went.
__________________
iShank

'Nuff Said.

Last edited by TechnoElite2; 12-6-2010 at 10:37 AM..
TechnoElite2 is offline  
Old 12-6-2010, 03:44 PM   #264
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,024
Default Re: League of Legends

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoElite2 View Post
Also. Why Dragun plays with me: I'm awesome, I respect him, this is the internet. The day I start giving randoms online my respect for being idiots is the day I jump off a very tall cliff, shoot myself in the head on the way down, and land in a vat full of rabid bears. On fire.
last time I checked this is a dedicated rhythm game community. the few people here who do play LoL and post here are pretty close together and this is not a very competitive community anyways. I do believe you are the random here. and don't gimme the "I've been a member since 2005" bull**** because you obviously haven't been active around here for a long time. you have an account and that's it

and last time I checked, being a dick isn't awesome. you don't need to give randoms your respect but that doesn't mean you should be a total douchebag either. if you have to throw someone off a cliff every time you see someone building a champion in a way you don't completely agree with, maybe you should take a chill pill and stop partaking in activities that induce violent thoughts and emotions

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoElite2 View Post
Also, because another random came into the field of fire, I'll give him the curtoesy. Stargroup, I had to really dull my intelligence down a few levels to wrap my head around just how 'stupid' your post is. It was so stupid, I couldn't believe how stupid some stupid people could stupid be.
best insult ever gj


next time you come waltzing into a thread acting all high and mighty you really should do it in a tolerable manner. no one wants to listen to a dickhead, no matter how right or smart he is. learn some social skills dork
__________________
Rhythm Simulation Guide
Comments, criticism, suggestions, contributions, etc. are all welcome.

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music
stargroup100 is offline  
Old 12-6-2010, 06:04 PM   #265
TechnoElite2
FFR Player
 
TechnoElite2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 37
Send a message via AIM to TechnoElite2 Send a message via MSN to TechnoElite2 Send a message via Yahoo to TechnoElite2
Default Re: League of Legends

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargroup100 View Post
last time I checked this is a dedicated rhythm game community.
Last time I checked this was a thread devoted to League of legends, and therefore, your opinion on the matter is invalid. I don't care how buddy buddy you think some of you are.

Quote:
and last time I checked, being a dick isn't awesome. you don't need to give randoms your respect but that doesn't mean you should be a total douchebag either.
and last time I checked, feeding the dick more insult-worthy material disguised as so called witty retorts isn't being any more awesome. But I still think that's stupid. you're stupid.

Quote:
best insult ever gj
Quote:
that's stupid and you're stupid
QfT.

Quote:
next time you come waltzing into a thread acting all high and mighty you really should do it in a tolerable manner. no one wants to listen to a dickhead, no matter how right or smart he is. learn some social skills dork
I didn't think it was possible for a man with proper genitalia to call someone both a dickhead and a dork in the same sentence, let alone commenting on their "lack of social skills." So I will continue to assume you have any at all and go about my business.

Neat.
__________________
iShank

'Nuff Said.
TechnoElite2 is offline  
Old 12-6-2010, 06:34 PM   #266
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,024
Default Re: League of Legends

so I stack maladies on teemo
__________________
Rhythm Simulation Guide
Comments, criticism, suggestions, contributions, etc. are all welcome.

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music
stargroup100 is offline  
Old 12-6-2010, 06:49 PM   #267
x_Dragun_x
So. I Herd u Liek Mudkipz
FFR Veteran
 
x_Dragun_x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Minnesota
Age: 29
Posts: 699
Default Re: League of Legends

Well i play mundo... do you know what i get? 5 tiamats... Then do you know what i get next? a 6th tiamat!


Barron take it like bitch... Then it mundo turn!



:3
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
See this is what happens when terrible players play terribly and beat even worse players and then start to think that they have valid builds/strategies/~*~theorycrafting~*~ etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
You know you've played too much FFR when you're tempted to try it on your partner's privates.
^ Have thought about it, Have tried it, They throughly enjoyed it, Nuff said
x_Dragun_x is offline  
Old 12-6-2010, 08:01 PM   #268
Kibblre
Caelondia Represent
FFR Veteran
 
Kibblre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: A place of hearts and ghosts
Age: 26
Posts: 1,984
Default Re: League of Legends

Hey you:



You're arguing over the internet about a free video game. There's no winning this argument no matter how hard you try. Just drop it.
__________________
Какой идиот придумал Бутерброд с дикобраза? Он хулиган и бездельник.
Kibblre is offline  
Old 12-7-2010, 02:18 AM   #269
masterhickle
FFR Player
FFR Veteran
 
masterhickle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Right behind you
Age: 30
Posts: 557
Send a message via AIM to masterhickle
Default Re: League of Legends



Because of this, I'm going back to tanking every game to ensure we have a competent tank.

By the time I got my Lich Bane, it was too late to use it to push. Our "tanks" got crushed in team fights. If they didn't get crushed right away, I got burned down and we lost all our damage.

Also, nearly 800AP and the enemy Malphite only has MR coming from Guardian Angel.... grrrr.
__________________

Last edited by masterhickle; 12-7-2010 at 02:24 AM..
masterhickle is offline  
Old 12-7-2010, 03:56 AM   #270
x_Dragun_x
So. I Herd u Liek Mudkipz
FFR Veteran
 
x_Dragun_x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Minnesota
Age: 29
Posts: 699
Default Re: League of Legends

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterhickle View Post
Also, nearly 800AP and the enemy Malphite only has MR coming from Guardian Angel.... grrrr.
With my build i would have had 169 magic resist with only MR from guardian angel -.- Maby he had something similar
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
See this is what happens when terrible players play terribly and beat even worse players and then start to think that they have valid builds/strategies/~*~theorycrafting~*~ etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
You know you've played too much FFR when you're tempted to try it on your partner's privates.
^ Have thought about it, Have tried it, They throughly enjoyed it, Nuff said
x_Dragun_x is offline  
Old 12-7-2010, 08:57 AM   #271
phe0nixblade
Praise the sun mofo
FFR Veteran
 
phe0nixblade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Lordran
Age: 27
Posts: 4,151
Default Re: League of Legends

except the 2 people with banshees veil, the last person with negatron cloak, and the person with merc treads/spirit visage
__________________
phe0nixblade is offline  
Old 12-7-2010, 12:22 PM   #272
masterhickle
FFR Player
FFR Veteran
 
masterhickle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Right behind you
Age: 30
Posts: 557
Send a message via AIM to masterhickle
Default Re: League of Legends

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_Dragun_x View Post
With my build i would have had 169 magic resist with only MR from guardian angel -.- Maby he had something similar
He only had 99 magic resist at the end of the game -_-.

I only made the point of the tank being the one without building magic resist. Honestly, the Banshee's Veils weren't a problem. With how much I was spamming my Q and how much damage I was doing with it, I didn't really notice them.
__________________
masterhickle is offline  
Old 12-7-2010, 07:44 PM   #273
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher
 
MinaciousGrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: nima
Posts: 4,280
Default Re: League of Legends

all i'm getting from technoelite is "i'm pro but too scared to play mina's team internet tough guy act qqqqq" also i have over 480 wins just ask deso to check nice number crunches br0
__________________
sometimes stepmania
MinaciousGrace is offline  
Old 12-8-2010, 01:51 AM   #274
masterhickle
FFR Player
FFR Veteran
 
masterhickle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Right behind you
Age: 30
Posts: 557
Send a message via AIM to masterhickle
Default Re: League of Legends

Well, Dragun, I'm taking a page from your book and investing in a page of Magic Resist runes. Probably just my general tank page.
__________________
masterhickle is offline  
Old 12-8-2010, 03:11 AM   #275
x_Dragun_x
So. I Herd u Liek Mudkipz
FFR Veteran
 
x_Dragun_x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Minnesota
Age: 29
Posts: 699
Default Re: League of Legends

Yeahhhhhhhhhhh

Kinda pricey though, total is about 10.5k -.- haha
I have entirely to many runes for my own good -.- 9 sets 9 red runes, 6 sets of 9 yellow runes, 6 sets of 9 blue runes, and 12 sets of 3 quintessences -.-

Its pretty amazing though, I mean.... The only drawback is you dont have the health yellow's/quints, but you can always switch those out. But then again, With merc treads+masteries+full rune page, thats a total of 103 bonus magic resist. Thats kind of a ridiculous amount, considering if you get a force of nature, thats a 179 bonus. That allows you to get the other 4 items as armor/health and not worry about casters ever again! It is also very nice if you rush something like a sunfire cape, and having 120 armor and 130 magic resist that early on.

Personally, with that rune page, i like to get 1 of 3 sets of tank items, depending on what they have.

Heavy on the physical damage

Heavy on the magic damage

healthy mix of physical and magic damage

I personally dont get a thornmail, because with 300 something armor, most of the damage being dealt to me, wont be pure physical damage, but more of there spell/physical damage. And the frozen heart for mana/cooldown reduction, along with there attack speed reduction is amazing. Not to mention, if you are malphite, activate your randouin's, be near them with your frozen heart, and ground slam, and thats 105% attack speed reducion for 3 seconds. Kinda stupid how well that works haha
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
See this is what happens when terrible players play terribly and beat even worse players and then start to think that they have valid builds/strategies/~*~theorycrafting~*~ etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
You know you've played too much FFR when you're tempted to try it on your partner's privates.
^ Have thought about it, Have tried it, They throughly enjoyed it, Nuff said

Last edited by x_Dragun_x; 12-8-2010 at 03:18 AM..
x_Dragun_x is offline  
Old 12-8-2010, 08:13 AM   #276
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,024
Default Re: League of Legends

also funny how technoelite stopped posting. guess there was nothing else he could say
__________________
Rhythm Simulation Guide
Comments, criticism, suggestions, contributions, etc. are all welcome.

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music
stargroup100 is offline  
Old 12-8-2010, 11:12 AM   #277
*
FFR Player
 
*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Age: 29
Posts: 147
Default Re: League of Legends

game sucks play hon
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHandNow View Post
your original intent wasn't to troll dumb****
* is offline  
Old 12-8-2010, 11:19 AM   #278
bluguerrilla
This is a custom title.
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
bluguerrilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Age: 37
Posts: 3,966
Send a message via AIM to bluguerrilla
Default Re: League of Legends

I was so distracted by his nose that I couldn't read his posts anyways...


It kinda sucks that they killed AP Rammus with the change to DBC, oh well, good times were had.

also suck it mina my ranked elo is apparently 1392 at least thats what it says in my log file 2 ranked games wutwut

Never knew you even COULD check your normal elo before riot changed the log file. Oh well, guess you can't anymore?

e: sup lito
__________________
bluguerrilla is offline  
Old 12-8-2010, 12:17 PM   #279
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,024
Default Re: League of Legends

Quote:
Originally Posted by * View Post
game sucks play hon
this is equivalent to ffr players hating on itg

I don't understand why people do this
__________________
Rhythm Simulation Guide
Comments, criticism, suggestions, contributions, etc. are all welcome.

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music
stargroup100 is offline  
Old 12-8-2010, 12:42 PM   #280
bluguerrilla
This is a custom title.
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
bluguerrilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Age: 37
Posts: 3,966
Send a message via AIM to bluguerrilla
Default Re: League of Legends

Because how you spend your time is srsbsns

Also Trundle is super fun. Trinity Force makes his q do about 400 damage even if you have no other offensive items. Haven't really gotten to a late game with him but he's kinda strong early.
__________________
bluguerrilla is offline  
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution