Old 03-13-2016, 04:51 PM   #21
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

Default Re: everyone hates me

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenjoku View Post
This so much. It's really weird, but exercise makes you feel a lot better, even something as simple as walking a mile or so.
I just went for a walk and I now have chills and am snuggled in bed with my brain hardly working. It was about a half hour but not quick-paced walk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
As messed up as this sounds, I kind of have to agree with this. You're at an age where you need to take control of your life if it's not the way you want it. That's part of adulting.
I have severe mental health problems. Control is in short supply. I can't control what's in my brain.
Old 03-13-2016, 05:03 PM   #22
-JiZ53-
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavernio View Post

I have severe mental health problems. Control is in short supply. I can't control what's in my brain.

While this might be true in some instances, it sounds like a total cop out to me. Take some responsibility for your life
Old 03-13-2016, 05:06 PM   #23
massflavour
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to massflavour Send a message via MSN to massflavour

Quote:
i wasnt trying to be mean. you just need a dose of reality.

unplug your internet and stop smoking weed. check yourself in if you need to. asking people on ffr is not getting you anywhere.
Old 03-13-2016, 05:12 PM   #24
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by massflavour View Post
i wasnt trying to be mean. you just need a dose of reality.

unplug your internet and stop smoking weed. check yourself in if you need to. asking people on ffr is not getting you anywhere.
No, this is pretty much the entirety of what people who aren't helpful in the least say. They don't know what they fuck to do, and that makes them uncomfortable, or at least it would if they then didn't immediately turn around and place blame on the individual themselves for their own suffering. It's a ridiculous stance and it's so obviously a self-defense mechanism.

The dose of reality is that just because you can't do anything about it, doesn't mean that I can do something about it or that I haven't tried a bazillion things including the ones you have mentioned.
Old 03-13-2016, 05:19 PM   #25
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
As messed up as this sounds, I kind of have to agree with this. You're at an age where you need to take control of your life if it's not the way you want it. That's part of adulting.
mental health issues don't care about age
Old 03-13-2016, 05:21 PM   #26
massflavour
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
mental health issues don't care about age
this is true

all im saying is ffr is not a psychiatrist, i've had very severe mental health issues in the past and the only thing that helped was checking in

cavernio, you're not the only person with mental health problems on this website

Last edited by massflavour; 03-13-2016 at 05:22 PM..
Old 03-13-2016, 05:26 PM   #27
choof
Banned

threads on ffr in relation to mental health are a plea for attention, they're never for psychiatric help. she knows that all she'll get are a bunch of posts that either tell her to go get help or victim blaming

so cav, go get some fucking help
Old 03-13-2016, 05:27 PM   #28
choof
Banned

not my first rodeo posting a thread on ffr that hint at suicidal tendencies
Old 03-13-2016, 05:30 PM   #29
Dynam0
The Dominator
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Learned_helplessness
Old 03-13-2016, 05:32 PM   #30
-JiZ53-
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynam0 View Post

I would have posted this link instead: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self...lling_prophecy
Old 03-13-2016, 07:36 PM   #31
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

I'm waiting for new meds to kick in or not as it goes.

Although my current diagnosis actually has no pharmacological treatment, but my diagnosis changes with the wind.
Old 03-13-2016, 08:02 PM   #32
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

At least you're not gluten intolerant

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

Old 03-13-2016, 08:28 PM   #33
choof
Banned

Quote:
I'm waiting for new meds to kick in or not as it goes.

Although my current diagnosis actually has no pharmacological treatment, but my diagnosis changes with the wind.
gaba
fuckin
pentin
Old 03-13-2016, 09:12 PM   #34
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynam0 View Post
While I've far from done extensive research on this topic, or even much at all, there is a middle ground between 'I am helpless' and 'I can change this'. The idea of being uncertain exists. When one is uncertain of an outcome is when the idea of motivation comes into existence. Motivation is the name we give to this force, this willpower, that allows us to test whether something's going to work out in our favor or not. And this middle ground will likely, by far, be the more prevalent of 'learned helplessness' to 'I can change this', simply because each life event is far more different from each other event that the learning from one situation to another is unlikely to make a huge realworld different in learning that a certain situation you are helpless.

We are then, and I largely feel I am, put into a situation where 'I need desire, want, drive, to keep on going through life'. It's a matter of having a motor to make the boat go. A lack of motivation/drive results in no reward and so no action will be taken towards doing things which then leads to further lack of motivation towards doing things, etc the loop continues. Note that this is NOT learned helplessness though; at no point in this cycle is there any form of punishment. There is only lack of reward. For whenever there is real punishment in this cycle, it motivates me enough to avoid the punishment. And my life is so freakin good enough that I don't have enough punishment to keep me going forwards.

But without that little boost of initial drive at some point, if there isn't that little bit of a push towards doing something, it's like I never give myself the opportunity to experience something good. It's why, for instance, being around people can help normalize me. Because acting abnormal is punishing. And so I can go from being utterly in a daze to jovial in 5 minutes. It's why I rely so much on what other people want to do for me to determine what I want to do. And this is being read by some people as dependence. Well I suppose if I don't have my own motor and that means I have to borrow from someone else's all the time, is that really that bad of a thing?

I ultimately have -such a small problem-, it's like my motivation is this little red dot on a giant paint-covered canvas that was somehow in charge of -all- the shit that's on that canvas. Everyone else has like, half as much paint on their canvas from their own little red dots. Another problem with my little red dot is that when it's turned on, splashing paint everywhere, is that it builds up and gets more and more far after other people's red dots would have shut off too.
Old 03-13-2016, 09:25 PM   #35
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

If mental health issues are the issue, then sorry about the age comment; however, I believe that you need to take the same effort you did to make this thread and put it towards in seeing help outside of the internet. A lot of people, including myself, have issues.

Last edited by Mahou; 03-13-2016 at 09:25 PM..
Old 03-13-2016, 09:31 PM   #36
drizzleRomanceGirl
rain of memories...
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to drizzleRomanceGirl

I really don't agree with a lot of the posts I've read in this thread. Sometimes, a thread about wanting help, wanting attention, or just posting what's on your mind can be really helpful. It helped me when I was feeling terrible to share with everyone else how I'm feeling. Even if no one offers a solution, it's helpful enough just to know that other people are listening.

I don't think wanting attention is negative; in fact, I think it's wonderful that someone is asking for help and opinions. Seeing a psychologist or psychiatrist isn't the only way to help someone.

There are all kinds of people in the world; even if the people you've met don't care about you, there are a lot of other people that would care about you a lot. I liked talking with you in TGB and I would love to talk with you again, Cavernio.

my discord username is drizzleRomanceGirl0706 in case anyone wants to message me

Division 5 2nd place

Quote:
Originally Posted by hosua View Post
Oh, I thought it was just my internet this whole time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
Also that triple post is almost as delicious as a hot, fresh, Domino's pizza.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
can y'all take a break and kiss
(the first section of this chapter)

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5125582...sokyo-no-Jinja
Old 03-13-2016, 11:05 PM   #37
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

Quote:
If mental health issues are the issue, then sorry about the age comment; however, I believe that you need to take the same effort you did to make this thread and put it towards in seeing help outside of the internet. A lot of people, including myself, have issues.
Again much like what other people say, and again just as full of deflection and self-defense as the rest of the negative people. You are assuming that because I have issues that your issues aren't important, that this then makes you a lesser person if you acknowledge that I have struggles. Just because you have issues you should not try to help someone with theirs.
Lastly, the internet is just as real form of communication as any other way. Other people feel like if I share my issues I then become a burden. This is also ridiculous. I am only as much of a burden on anyone as they want me to be on them. It's always the ones that cannot help others that you know are in the most need of help themselves.
Old 03-13-2016, 11:12 PM   #38
Gradiant
FFR's Resident Trashpanda

Quote:
Again much like what other people say, and again just as full of deflection and self-defense as the rest of the negative people. You are assuming that because I have issues that your issues aren't important, that this then makes you a lesser person if you acknowledge that I have struggles. Just because you have issues you should not try to help someone with theirs.
What? I don't see where you're getting responses like this from.
Old 03-13-2016, 11:34 PM   #39
Luvox
FFR Player

Don't worry fam, she's just on auto-pilot

Quote:
I am not actually accountable for the worst of my behaviors when I have them because I am not actually in control. It's like I'm on auto-pilot.
Old 03-14-2016, 12:05 AM   #40
massflavour
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradiant View Post
What? I don't see where you're getting responses like this from.
schizophrenia

pls get some help cavernio

this honestly reminds me of when i was posting here and having problems

Last edited by massflavour; 03-14-2016 at 12:12 AM..
Closed Thread