Old 02-3-2003, 10:29 AM   #1
nestlekwik
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to nestlekwik
Default Pricing Error in My Favor...

So I was at a local National Record Alliance checking out the older games and I made a pretty good haul that day, but the catch of the day was definately a certain Super Nintendo game that one of the new employees made an pricing error on.

Chrono Trigger (SNES) - $12
The manager flipping out over me getting Chrono Trigger for $12 - priceless

Anyone else getting any good deals on games?
I'm also kinda curious how much other people shelled out for their copy of Chrono Trigger.
nestlekwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-3-2003, 06:13 PM   #2
SotN
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SotN

I got mine for free. A friend a mine hated it and just gave it to me (being the RPG fan that I am).

But once I was looking around http://www.dell.com/ and started playing with the system builder. It turns out there was a bug.
Turtle Beach Soundcard (forgot model)
Radeon All-in-Wonder
(Firewire, USB, etc.)
17-inch Flat Panel (native 1280 X 1024)
$432 plus shipping.

God, I wish I had a credit card then. I didn't, but I AIMed a few people who did, and they got the best deal of their lives. (this was a state of the art machine back then)

Dell eventually realized and corrected the mistake, but ony after I spread the word to as many people as I could find.
Old 02-22-2003, 08:31 PM   #3
CMCAdvanced
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to CMCAdvanced Send a message via Yahoo to CMCAdvanced

Some people would call you guys cheaters. I am not one of them. I cheat the system ALL THE TIME.
CMCAdvanced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003, 08:32 PM   #4
CMCAdvanced
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to CMCAdvanced Send a message via Yahoo to CMCAdvanced

By the way I got FF9 for free. I borrowed it.

Enough said.
CMCAdvanced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 09:58 PM   #5
gothicakira
FFR Player

Default free games thanks to my work

i work at blockbuster and ever since the n64 went down the drain they been trying to get rid of all the games, so well to tell the truth they werent even selling, so i ask the manger if i can take what i wanted, she was like sure aslong as you pay atleast $1.00-2.00 per game, which i did i got perfect dark, goldeneye, mario 64, conkers bad fuday, donkey kong, pioltwings!!! basicly everygreat game. now the past 4 months we have been trying to get rid of the psx games and hopefully by the end of this month i can get the same great deal! i cant wait to own all the great games for psx example....MGS, DDR, DDR K-remix, Final Fantasy antholgy 7&8, tony hawks 123&4....basicly alot of good games!!!! I cant wait~~
gothicakira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 10:27 PM   #6
Freak83
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

nice deal, but just like you said. ever since the n64 went down the drain. So what's the point of playing n64 anymore? well perfect dark may be an exception. greatest shooter ever (for console) NOTHING WILL EVER BEAT NATURAL-SELECTION!!! JUST TRY IT!! I DARE YOU STOP BEING SO STUBBORN AND TRY A NEW GAME! YOU MIGHT LIKE IT!!! IN FACT IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO HATE BECAUSE IT'S THE BEST GAME EVER!!! Ahem yes anyways so.... I think I have to be going somewhere and doing something right about now...

www.natural-selection.org but you can really only experience the beauty of the game by playing it. Must have half life or one of the mods as a prerequiste. JUST TRY THE GAME!! PEOPLE ARE TOO ADDICTED TO COUNTER-STRIKE TO PLAY A NEW GAME!!! IT'S WAY BETTER THAN COUNTER-STRIKE!!! COUNTER-STRIKE SUCKS COMPARED TO NATURAL-SELECTION!!!

Umm yes... like I said I have to be going now...
Freak83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-2-2003, 01:48 PM   #7
NessTormented
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to NessTormented Send a message via AIM to NessTormented Send a message via MSN to NessTormented Send a message via Yahoo to NessTormented

Counter-strike is bee-hatch slap natural selection any day of the year.
Old 03-2-2003, 03:06 PM   #8
Freak83
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Have you ever played Natural-Selection? No! Exactly! So play it and you will understand!
Old 03-2-2003, 05:25 PM   #9
SotN
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SotN

I like Day of Defeat better.
Old 03-2-2003, 05:38 PM   #10
JeffAndonuts
FFR Player

My Grandpa's best friend owns an Electronics Boutique and gives me deals on every game, usually at least 30%. I've saved a load of money, I get free magazine subscriptions, guides, and he'll give me top notch pre-owns for free, mint-condition.

I've known this guy for 15 years and he's never let me down. :P I got to talk to Shigeru Miyamoto on the phone while my G'pa's friend was loading the PS2s onto the shelf. The manager's name is Reza Miyamoto (sound familiar? ). My G'pa met him in WW2. They ran into eachother and broke eachother's noses. Funny story, and no skin of my back.
JeffAndonuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-2-2003, 06:10 PM   #11
Freak83
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

I don't know how much of that to believe.
Old 03-2-2003, 06:16 PM   #12
JeffAndonuts
FFR Player

None of it. It's sarcasm. =P
JeffAndonuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-2-2003, 07:13 PM   #13
Spazzbite
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Spazzbite Send a message via MSN to Spazzbite Send a message via Yahoo to Spazzbite

Well, last year i was running around town looking for my favorite, you guessed it, SNES games. I went to a shop called Game Crazy, and started talking to the guy running the shop that day. He said that there were no SNES games left AT ALL and told me to go to another shop that might have them. Luckily, my girlfriend's dad owned the shop, and he walked out of the back room and recognized who i was. He took me into the back room and showed me this big stack of SNES games! I managed to score Earthbound, Megaman X, and Uniracers for free! Unfortunately my girlfriend moved to Arizona later that year and i hardly ever see her any more. But i still see her dad sometimes and I always thank him for giving me the SNES games i loved so much
Spazzbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-3-2003, 06:39 AM   #14
dave
FFR Player

Cool to bad i soled my snes but then i got it back for my computer

So i geuss it all works out