Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-2-2009, 08:17 PM   #21
GG_Guru
Let em' do what they want
FFR Veteran

Default Re: ★★Sam and GG's Megapack RELEASED!★★

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
Most of the files were fun, but some of them were kind of bleh.

Case in point, Hell song, >9000, and All around the world were pretty meh for me.
Thank you!! It's always nice to get some feedback.

Hell song is a dumpfest I just felt like throwing that in cause it was the first dump I made.

All Around the World was actually supposed to be submitted for the FFR batch a while back ago I just never got around to fixing it.

Its over 9000 is pretty easy to AAAA. Has only 330 notes but good MA practice for beginners.

Old 09-2-2009, 09:18 PM   #22
samurai7694
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnixRose View Post
I AAA'd all the OP songs then deleted the pack. Too easyyy~
pics? videos? no? k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni-Paranoia View Post
Songs that are stepped good are fun, not hard dumps. There are many 'easy' files that are still very fun.
the only good post here. that was the main goal of the megapack. to have fun files, whether it's a dump or an easy file.

How about you guys actually download the pack and play the files and then make a post here? You're just making yourself look stupid if you prejudge the pack.
Old 09-2-2009, 09:43 PM   #23
t-rogdor
tane orb
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to t-rogdor

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai7694 View Post
How about you guys actually download the pack and play the files and then make a post here? You're just making yourself look stupid if you prejudge the pack.
Hey, i downloaded the pack!
I saw a flyer on a bulletin board at school asking for high-functioning aspergers/autism people to participate in some kind of experiment, and all I could think was, that sounds like a great place to meet girls.
t-rogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-2-2009, 10:21 PM   #24
lukestepwalker
NEVER GOIN PRO
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lukestepwalker

this purple song is great

sightread
lukestepwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-2-2009, 10:40 PM   #25
samurai7694
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

raise your fist....FOR ANGERFIST!!!

I should have changed the offset gap for some of my files since they're a bit off but w/e

nice Purple score btw :P
Old 09-2-2009, 11:32 PM   #26
Gundam-Dude
`~`
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

(Irionman) A Very Gabber christmas
Going to assume this is an Index/Pad file. Pretty decent file though the one thing that bothered me was that you completely avoided placing BPM gimmicks in.

(Samurai7694) Adcar
Only a good scoring and hard file and nothing more. Gets pretty repetitive and there are a dumpload of awkward patterns you used.

(GG Guru) All Around the World
A complete lack of pitch relevancy, hand and hold placement. Rainbow notes weren't very accurate and for the most part you were missing a lot of note placements with them.

(GG Guru) Blue Sky
The yellow note syndrome was completely unnecessary and annopying. Hand were completely abused and rainbow notes were all BS. Going to assume this is a dump.

(Samurai7694) Caprici di Diablo
Lots of opportunity for hand placements avoided. Could use some more rainbow note guitar solos. Since the entire thing is pretty much a 24th stream solo, you could've layered the drum hits with jumps but you decided to leave them out. Not bad but could use work.

(Samurai7694) Death Reveals
Not going to play because it's The Berzerker.

(Samurai7694) DooDooCaCa
File didn't need a restep. Blurk's file is fine. Looking past the fact that you restepped, file is alright. Once again, file lacks hold usage.

(GG Guru) Face Down
Dumpfile. Not playing through this.

(Samurai7694) Farest Hardstylerz
Lack of mini-freeze usage. There are plenty of opportunities to use them which you avoided and the time you did use them, it was completely useless. Measure 75 - 80, you omitted the jumps layering bass so this is inconsistent with how the rest of the file is. File is good for scoring since you got vibrawalls but other than that, file is generic and lacks creativity and replay value.

(Samurai7694) Get Low

(Samurai7694) GG Guru's OP
Dumpfile. Not Playing through this.

(Samurai7694) I Hate Doing Laundry
Lack of hand usage. Only thing notable about this are the 64th note usage. File is generic and also lacks replay value and creativity.

(Samurai7694) It's Over 9000!!!
Why would you step this, lmao. Rainbow note BS and nothing more.

(Samurai7694) Lollercaust of Thought
Generic file. Lacks replay value and creativity.

(Samurai7694) Luigi's Mansion
Freezes that layer piano really irks me because it's pretty much unnecessary. You seem to be reluctant to use hands in all of your files (which isn't a bad thing. Just means you're more of an old school stepper). Pretty decent file but once again it lacks creativity and it's pretty generic.

(Samurai7694) Megamix
Another generic file that lacks replay value and creativity. Nothing notable in this at all. Not the best choice to step the full song.

(NSane) Nitrx
Layering is inconsistent throughout the beginning measures. Your jump usage is all over the place and is also inconsistent. 64th slow down part was a pretty alright touch. Lack of hold usage in this as well.

(GG Guru) NSane's OP

(Samurai7694) Oengyilkos Vasarnap
File didn't need a restep TBH. Necros' version is fine. Looking past that fact, file is ok. Rainbow notes weren't very accurate and for the most part your layering with them is hard to follow.

(GG Guru) One-Piece Gotta Go!

(GG Guru) Panic Attack

(Samurai7694) Purple
Inconsistent when all of a sudden layer in the bass jumps during the jumpstream when you omitted them in the beginning measures. Good for scoring and nothing more.

(Samurai7694) Samurai's OP

(GG Guru) Rebound's OP

(Samurai7694) Samurai's Skill Practice

(GG Guru) Stupid MF
Yellow note syndrome. Going to assume this is a dump.

(GG Guru) The Hell Song

(Samurai7694) The Anthem Featuring Lil John 2007

(GG Guru)

Pretty much, Samurai's real attempt at files is the only decent part about this. You're not bad at stepping bro but you still have a long road if you're planning on becoming an acknowledged stepfile artist. The dumpfile vs real file ratio was terrible.

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-3-2009, 01:17 AM   #27
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

i hate doing laundry is on this, im so getting it.
Old 09-3-2009, 09:48 AM   #28
Bluearrowll
⊙▃⊙
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Bluearrowll Send a message via MSN to Bluearrowll

14 out of 29 files are dumps. Way to add a 50/50 ratio (about as close as you could anyway).
5th in Phynx's Unofficial FFR Tournament
9th in D3 of the 2008-2009 4th Official FFR Tournament
10th in D5 of the 2010 5th Official FFR Tournament
10th in D6 of the 2011-2012 6th Official FFR Tournament

FMO AAA Count: 71
FGO AAA Count: 10

Bluearrowll = The Canadian player who can not detect awkward patterns. If it's awkward for most people, it's normal for Terry. If the file is difficult but super straight forward, he has issues. If he's AAAing a FGO but then heard that his favorite Hockey team was losing by a point, Hockey > FFR
PS: Cool AAA's Terry
- I Love You

An Alarm Clock's Haiku
beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep
- ieatyourlvllol
Bluearrowll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-3-2009, 10:40 AM   #29
Izzy
Snek

How good a stepfile is, is a pretty subjective thing. You can't tell someone they did something wrong because that's not how you would have done it or that isn't how you think it should be. You can't bash a file for the lack of originality or creativity. All of you people who think you are the shi"t at making simfiles need to get off your high horse and screw off. It isn't something you want to be an elitest dick about.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-3-2009, 10:50 AM   #30
GG_Guru
FFR Veteran

@Gundam-Dude: Maybe you didn't get the picture but..

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai7694
the main goal of the megapack. to have fun files, whether it's a dump or an easy file.

And If you're gonna do a review at least try to be a little more open-minded? because our intentions were not so that each file is synced to perfection but the idea was to get it to match the rythm as close as possible. This is not the FFR Batch, you're not even a judge. Do you have any files in the game? No. So before you start pre-determining crap maybe you should look on the bright side of this pack's purpose, to have fun. We cannot stretch that enough, nothing more and nothing less.

I don't want a flame war Gundam so please if you want to reply do it on my wall or send me a pm? Thanks.
Old 09-3-2009, 11:05 AM   #31
GG_Guru
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
Hey, i downloaded the pack!
<333

@Luke: Very nice scores. :3
Old 09-3-2009, 11:51 AM   #32
leonid
I am leonid
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

RHYTHM

Proud member of Team No
leonid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-3-2009, 12:29 PM   #33
stargroup
FFR Player

hey guys dark chancellor expert here

I have a phd in rhythm simulation and I have been doing critical analysis of files my entire life

this pack sucks bye

seriously, the above is sarcastic but true

btw gg guru, ever thought that maybe, just maybe, gundam-dude has more experience than you, and that YOU'RE being closed-minded for not accepting criticism?

I hate people who make dump unfun charts and can't take criticism, what babies
Old 09-3-2009, 12:31 PM   #34
Izzy
Snek

I like how you have no credibility for such a claim and how nothing you said matters.

Sarcastic, yet true.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-3-2009, 12:44 PM   #35
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Mollocephalus

stargroups way of posting may look irritating and pretentious but its true, this packs an aborted child and all the lolfun argument is clearly an attempt to justify the overall incorectness of the pack (let alone disgusting song choice)

disclaimer: fun factor is crucial but jumping out of nowhere claiming your files to be "just fun" is pretentious as heck, as you hide behind this stance when something else gets criticized.

Last edited by Mollocephalus; 09-3-2009 at 12:53 PM..
Mollocephalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-3-2009, 12:50 PM   #36
Bluearrowll
⊙▃⊙

Alright so I downloaded this pack and i'm going to review it like Gundam Dude, but I will play everything to give an unbiased opinion

Bluearrowll = The Canadian player who can not detect awkward patterns. If it's awkward for most people, it's normal for Terry. If the file is difficult but super straight forward, he has issues. If he's AAAing a FGO but then heard that his favorite Hockey team was losing by a point, Hockey > FFR
- I Love You

An Alarm Clock's Haiku
beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep
- ieatyourlvllol
Old 09-3-2009, 01:03 PM   #37
stargroup
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
I like how you have no credibility for such a claim and how nothing you said matters.

Sarcastic, yet true.

Sarcastic, yet true.

this could go on forever

but really though, gundam-dude's post is all you need to go by. he has decent experience, he's giving fair reviews (I have higher standards so you don't want me judging this lmfao I'll totally wreck everything), and here you are trying to tell him to be more open-minded. at first I didn't really have a problem with this pack, but that post sealed the deal
Old 09-3-2009, 01:12 PM   #38
Bluearrowll
⊙▃⊙

Stole Gundam Dudes format h4h4

Here's my reviews:

Blue's Pick of the pack: Luigi's Mansion

(Irionman) A Very Gabber christmas
Alright so this wasn't all too bad but oni seems like a really tough pad file and the mine usage is annoying. Also, a file like this screams for bpm gimmicks and woulda been nice if you used them.

(Samurai7694) Adcar
Looks like something you'd find in a midare pack, alot of the places were overlayered. (24ths with 32nds to a laser? sound in the background would probably be better off as just a 48th or maybe 64th burst to make it less awkward)

(GG Guru) All Around the World
ALOT of the gracenotes were unneceessary, especially those 48th 4 note bursts, you only need like 1/3 of the ones you have there, the 64ths are inaudible, and some of the 32nd patterns did not make sense either. Also the PR on this is really bad lol.

(GG Guru) Blue Sky
Quit out of this one. 48th bursts that go to nothing, 32nd handstream that should really be 8th jumpstream with the occasional hand, and of course, Yellow Note Syndrome. (You know somethings wrong when you're only getting yellow jumps)

(Samurai7694) Caprici di Diablo
Ok um. Those 24th streams are not flat 24ths, they're rainbow notes. Listen closer.

Inconsistent (Chains then 16th stream {To what?}) and the 16ths stream are awkward as hell.

(Samurai7694) DooDooCaCa
Rainbow notes were poorly placed, and you also put too many of them there, also PR is poor.

(GG Guru) Face Down
For a dump you could have at least taken off the YNS lol

(Samurai7694) Farest Hardstylerz
Didn't really have too many problems with this, minifreezes seemed lacking though, and oh yeah. CUT THE SONG. No one wants to play a 6 minute hardstyle song over and over lmao

(Samurai7694) Get Low
I guess its an ok dump but ;/ its not that fun. lacks replay value.

Lol. This song. Lol. Figures GG Gurus op would have something that has "First Place" in the lyrics yes? Although its a dump its probably one of the better files i've played in this pack, still on the lengthy side though x.x

(Samurai7694) I Hate Doing Laundry
The beginning is offsync, probably has something to do with incorrect bpm or incorrect offset. File is very boring and inconsistent.

(Samurai7694) It's Over 9000!!!
Probably the most boring file in the pack WOW. If you're going to step something like this AT LEAST make it a dump there's like NOTHING to step in this thing. Holy **** what did I just play

(Samurai7694) Lollercaust of Thought
The song is earache after awhile and is another song that could do with a cut. I guess its just a scoring file really, nothing else.

(Samurai7694) Luigi's Mansion
This file was actually pretty good, albeit generic. However inconsistent minifreeze usage at the beginning bugged me. probably the best file in the pack imo that I've played so far

(Samurai7694) Megamix
I'm sorry but no one wants to play 8:32 of Hardstyle / Angerfist. Its basically 8th notes with a few 16ths and 64ths lol absolutely no replay value. Quit out.

(NSane) Nitrx
Essentially a jump dump. Jumps are inconsistent.

(GG Guru) NSane's OP
Again the point of a dump is to be fun, and that is what this is not. the 32nd streams are awkward and the 24th js is not the funnest in the world, the 8th parts are too long and too many apart, aka boring.

(Samurai7694) Oengyilkos Vasarnap
Had a problem with some of the rainbow notes, PR? It's not something I'd replay. Didn't need to be restepped.

I guess an AA is an ok score on this file lol you stepped One Piece its an ok dump would probably play again just cause

(GG Guru) Panic Attack
Pretty sure I already judged this in Vibrajacking II. Notes stay the same as that one.

(Samurai7694) Purple
The beginning is not constant 8ths if I get what you're following, it should have pauses in it and they should be 8th jacks really. like 11 1 1 122 2 2 23 3 3 3 and so on if you get what I mean. You also used the bass jumps in the end but not the beginning, making the file inconsistent. Probably would have been better to leave the end as stream.

What's with all these christmas themed songs lmao it gets boring after awhile. sorry =/

(GG Guru) Rebound's OP
Main issue about this is that the offset is way off. I the 4th notes are off by so many frames if you hit the sound you get a good instead of a marvelous.

A file like this really needs hands especially in the middle. also the ending sucked. I'm sure you could be more creative than a 32nd trill lol

(GG Guru) Stupid MF
You consistently seem to use yellow note syndrome. Don't.

(GG Guru) The Hell Song
This one had potential but it became ruined once the 64ths started coming in. Thats when the fun dump thing left the building.

Not a very fun dump, but omg hands! 24th stream or js would have been better instead of freeze arrows.

(GG Guru) Unreal Op
Mmk stop this yellow note syndrome bull****. It ruins your files lol, do yourself a favor and fix your offsets so you get 4th jumps instead of 16th jumps.

Overall: The pack is below mediocre, the only files that I'd really replay again are Purple, Luigi's Mansion and Samurai's Skill Practise (Though thats only cause I want to FC it lmao).

- I Love You

An Alarm Clock's Haiku
beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep
- ieatyourlvllol

Last edited by Bluearrowll; 09-3-2009 at 02:04 PM..
Old 09-3-2009, 01:13 PM   #39
GG_Guru
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargroup View Post
hey guys dark chancellor expert here

I have a phd in rhythm simulation and I have been doing critical analysis of files my entire life

this pack sucks bye

seriously, the above is sarcastic but true

btw gg guru, ever thought that maybe, just maybe, gundam-dude has more experience than you, and that YOU'RE being closed-minded for not accepting criticism?

I hate people who make dump unfun charts and can't take criticism, what babies
Umm okay? For starters how can you take criticism when you haven't even played the file?

For example:

Not going to play because it's The Berzerker.

(GG Guru) Face Down

(Samurai7694) Get Low

(GG Guru) NSane's OP

(GG Guru) Panic Attack

(GG Guru) Rebound's OP

(GG Guru) Stupid MF
Yellow note syndrome. Going to assume this is a dump.

(GG Guru) The Hell Song

(GG Guru)

2. Why are you attacking my thread you never see me trolling your ****? What have we ever done to you? I understand that you and Gundam are good friends but you don't need to start a flamefest. We already knew that this pack wasn't 'perfect' because people like you are always looking for perfection. That wasn't our plan at all the goal was to simply create a fun series of miscellaneous songs into one whole pack for others to enjoy. Coming here and telling us this pack sucks without showing little appreciation for our efforts is not something I can just ignore.

3. You don't like this pack? Don't play it then. Just don't trash our thread with unnecessary commentaries it really makes you look like an asshole. I'm sorry for being blatant.

4. We accept criticism, just not the ones that make this pack look like a total waste of time. (Gundam)
Old 09-3-2009, 01:25 PM   #40
stargroup
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by GG_Guru View Post
1. Umm okay? For starters how can you take criticism when you haven't even played the file?

2. Why are you attacking my thread you never see me trolling your ****? What have we ever done to you? I understand that you and Gundam are good friends but you don't need to start a flamefest. We already knew that this pack wasn't 'perfect' because people like you are always looking for perfection. That wasn't our plan at all the goal was to simply create a fun series of miscellaneous songs into one whole pack for others to enjoy. Coming here and telling us this pack sucks without showing little appreciation for our efforts is not something I can just ignore.

3. You don't like this pack? Don't play it then. Just don't trash our thread with unnecessary commentaries it really makes you look like an asshole. I'm sorry for being blatant.

4. We accept criticism, just not the ones that make this pack look like a total waste of time. (Gundam)
1. I HAVE played the files. Also, some of the files shouldn't be played because the song choices are terrible. The point of rhythm simulation is to emulate a song. If the song isn't good, why should we play the file?

2. You can't troll my sh*t because there's nothing to troll about. I am also not "trashing" your thread, I am giving my input as well. Most notably telling you to suck up the criticism. In addition, I am not particularly very good friends with Gundam, so I'm not supporting him just to support him, I just happen to know how much experience he has.

I do realize that you wanted to create a pack, and that's fine, I have no problem with that. I know you're not aiming for perfection either. But you do need to learn something, and that is to accept criticism. For example, you could've made the pack a THOUSAND times better just by picking better songs. And this is one of the many things you can LEARN from other people.

I said your pack sucked in order to get a response from you. Obviously I could care less what goes on but you need to learn to suck it up.

3. Once again, I am not trashing your thread. I'm telling you to SUCK IT UP. also yes I'm an asshole, I'm a big f*cking asshole thank you for telling me what I've known for years now lmfao

4. Gundam-dude's reviews are great. They do consider your efforts while pointing out most of the flaws in your files (primarily song choice). You should be grateful that he took the time to actually go through the pack and post reviews.

You should also be grateful that I'm telling you all of this before your pack REALLY DOES go to sh*t. This is the last post I'm gonna make because I'm sure as hell not gonna waste my time on this thread. Either you can suck it up and take Gundam's comments like a man or you can be a pussy and let your pack rot.

Your choice.