Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2016, 12:02 AM   #361
macgravel
Resident Poopbutt
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: The Video Game Mega Pack 4 (RELEASED!)

Swamp Stage was hands down my favorite file from you in the pack.
macgravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 12:04 AM   #362
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Speaking of files we wish were reviewed, I think only like two people have even mentioned The Valedictory Elegy. Which is sad because I think it's a pretty solid file.
At least I'd like to know why it's getting passed over so often. Having the chart be on edit was just an honest mistake, but maybe nobody plays edit charts?

Last edited by hi19hi19; 09-13-2016 at 12:05 AM..
hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 12:21 AM   #363
Arntonach
Owlbears Rock!

that's what you get for stepping something that starts with a T /s
Arntonach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 01:54 AM   #364
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
Speaking of files we wish were reviewed, I think only like two people have even mentioned The Valedictory Elegy. Which is sad because I think it's a pretty solid file.
At least I'd like to know why it's getting passed over so often. Having the chart be on edit was just an honest mistake, but maybe nobody plays edit charts?
I played it, but I think I kinda breezed past it in hype.
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 06:30 AM   #365
Dj_Ossa
SMGroove
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via Skype™ to Dj_Ossa

wv is the most under rated stepman ever. I also agree with this statement.
Old 09-13-2016, 08:14 AM   #366
MooMoo_Cowfreak
Abraxas Hydroplane
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to MooMoo_Cowfreak

I tried the edit chart of Valedictory and no notes were popping up for me :/ You didn't wait till like 30 seconds into the song to start stepping did you? I've also been using a new theme so that might have something to do with it idk

post-dumps abstractly represent the existential nihilism that the song invokes in the listener with negative space, evoking the ephemeral nature of the mind - the journey of stepmania begins in hope yet soon becomes corroded into a dialectic of futility, leaving only a sense of dread and the unlikelihood of a new synthesis

Last edited by MooMoo_Cowfreak; 09-13-2016 at 08:18 AM..
MooMoo_Cowfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 08:55 AM   #367
Pazzaz
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioNintendo View Post
Makes me want to finally see what the buzz is all about with this Fez game. <3
It's one of my favorite games of all time. I really recommend it to you, just don't look anything up about it (as it's a puzzle game).
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
tfw nanahira will never step on u
youll be surprised how possible this is.
Pazzaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 09:07 AM   #368
James May
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMoo_Cowfreak View Post
I tried the edit chart of Valedictory and no notes were popping up for me :/ You didn't wait till like 30 seconds into the song to start stepping did you? I've also been using a new theme so that might have something to do with it idk
Wierd...lemme find that out. It's usually a 3.95 issue where edit doesn't work...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
Samekichi's Resolve
I think the file here was done REALLY well. The holds and syncopation were on point and emphasis where needed, very impressive. But the song itself doesn't make for a great file in general I guess. I'd say it's good for newer players though, but there are quite a few dull moments in the song, which could only be avoided by incessant overstepping and dumping (which would ruin a pretty stepfile so pls dont do that).
Unimpressed.
Glad that you think that file was done really well c: I do agree that the song doesn't lend much but yeah, I wanted to make the file without having to make a dump out of it.

Last edited by James May; 09-13-2016 at 09:10 AM.. Reason: Double posted by accident oops
James May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 09:30 AM   #369
moches
FFR Player

thanks to everybody who has enjoyed Battle 2!! i wish i had made more files for this pack (or more files period) but i'm glad that people seem to be liking the one file i did make
moches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 09:35 AM   #370
DigitalS3r4ph
I'm Tsuka
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to DigitalS3r4ph Send a message via MSN to DigitalS3r4ph

Quote:
I'm really sorry about this. The difficulties/charts got messed up when we were making mass updates for consistency purposes, and somehow the harder chart got bumped into edit and the notes disappeared as result. I don't have it in front of me but I believe this can be fixed by updating the sm itself. Macgravel knows more.

We have a big patch in the works and a fix for it will be included.

PM me if you find the secret.
DigitalS3r4ph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 09:38 AM   #371
Celirra
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Celirra

Quote:
Originally Posted by James May View Post
Glad that you think that file was done really well c: I do agree that the song doesn't lend much but yeah, I wanted to make the file without having to make a dump out of it.
To be honest, looking at the files you typically chart, I'm gonna be honest and say I don't like a lot of them since they're not my style.

THAT SAID THOUGH, dude you're incredible at what you do. I say I don't like them, but that said I always notice how precise and well thought out everything is, down to the .001, which I know I could never do. Your files are a work of art.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedolad View Post
hnng so close to my fav submission

any chance of getting a quick review on swamp stage??
Don't wanna say too much but it's a good example of an easy chart done well - very fun. I'll look more in-depth when I get a chance so look forward to that
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ

Last edited by Celirra; 09-13-2016 at 09:42 AM..
Celirra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 10:17 AM   #372
lofty rhino
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Yah James May is a genius
lofty rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 10:51 AM   #373
Gundam-Dude
`~`

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMoo_Cowfreak View Post
If you're using 3.9/3.95, a reload songs via the options menu should fix the problem. Edit charts are finicky with these versions of SM for whatever reason.

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 11:06 AM   #374
MooMoo_Cowfreak
Abraxas Hydroplane
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to MooMoo_Cowfreak

Using SM5, sorry boys

post-dumps abstractly represent the existential nihilism that the song invokes in the listener with negative space, evoking the ephemeral nature of the mind - the journey of stepmania begins in hope yet soon becomes corroded into a dialectic of futility, leaving only a sense of dread and the unlikelihood of a new synthesis
MooMoo_Cowfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 02:05 PM   #375
James May
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
To be honest, looking at the files you typically chart, I'm gonna be honest and say I don't like a lot of them since they're not my style.

THAT SAID THOUGH, dude you're incredible at what you do. I say I don't like them, but that said I always notice how precise and well thought out everything is, down to the .001, which I know I could never do. Your files are a work of art.
I am flattered that you actually think my files are a work of art u3u. I just honestly place arrows to the music and not really go in depth to PR or any technical stuff

James May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 02:41 PM   #376
Arntonach
Owlbears Rock!

Here's some more reviews. The first part can be found here.

Final Battle Rival - Don't know how to feel about this one. I kinda like the one in VGMP better tbh. :/

Final Boss: Brought To You By McDonalds, I'm Lovin' It - Heavy feels like it's from VGMP, light but fun. Challenge was pretty good up until the jacks.

Fire Volcano - That was interesting.

First And Last - That chart matched the feel and flow of the song perfectly. I loved it.

When Batteries Fly - The section in the middle always throws me off and kills the otherwise well done simfile. :<

Frontier Brain (mpzero quality lol) - I got an FC on this and I still don't know how. Still, it was pretty fun.

Full Metal Alchemist Fighter - I can't pass this. How was Frontier Brain AND this a 15? :/

Gamma Quadrant - I know my hearing's a little shot, but those 32nd don't sound like they go to anything.

Gaze Out Over The Sea - How nice.

Get Away From Those Gears They're Going To Kill You - Reminds me of Fantastic Theatre, in that it's pretty fun.

Gerudo Valley - Feels like there's too much going on in comparison to the song. Then the minijacks come around and then there's too little going on. It's confusing.

Get Jinxed - I don't feel the energy from the song in the simfile, making it feel disjointed.

Go Forth Great Fox - A good file, althoguh it feels like it needs a little extra oompf.

Go Go Power Rangers Novice Alchemist - Those mines right at the end of the holds were kinda mean. Other than that, it was good.

God's Garden - Not funny.

Goon Twins - I can see people who are really good at Stepmania loving this file, but for now I can't say.

Grab The Crystal Popcorn - It just doesn't feel right. The intensiy of the song is high, but the intensity of the chart flucuates all over the place.

Gradius II Soundtrack - I'm not really good at minedodge, so I can't really judge this simfile until I can pass it.

Grannie's World Tour - Need some more energy to match the song.

(Under)Ground Theme - Could do without the ghostjacks.

Hard Man's Theme (Genesis Remix) - Can't really call the heavy chart easier cause it has less notes when the weird jacks are still there.

High Speed Beast - Yikes. X_X;

Home - Nothing really to say about this.

Hope & Joy Peace Peace Joy & Love (nice typo in the gfx lol) - Pretty cool.

Hornet Dance (Genesis Remix) - A little inconsistent, but it's good. Just wish I could hit those jacks. D:

In The Fires Of Ignition - Feels good, although the jacks felt a bit funny.

Inner Goldfield - Yikes that 24th burst came out of nowhere.

I'll most more after Web Design, since I have a 3 hour gap between classes. Oh yay. :V

Up to now, I can say that there's been a lot of jacks in this pack for some reason, as well as songs that seem to be stepped for the sake of being stepped (Baba Yetu, the McDonalds' Final Boss tune) or for completion's sake (the pokemon and MvC2 songs). Not that there's anything wrong with that (Baba Yetu's pretty fun and it's nice to see the MvC2 soundtrack get some justice), but it seems like some people picked the songs first before wondering if they were steppable.
Arntonach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 03:41 PM   #377
hi19hi19
lol happy

If I picked Baba Yetu entirely because I like the song but was able to, as you admit, make a "pretty fun" file out of it, is that nessecarily a problem?
For clarification I'm not being defensive, I 100% own the fact I stepped it just because I like the song.
I'm just wondering if people think something is wrong with that, because I've seen comments to that effect about a number of songs in this pack.

Last edited by hi19hi19; 09-13-2016 at 04:11 PM..
hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 03:55 PM   #378
macgravel
Resident Poopbutt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arntonach View Post
God's Garden - Not funny.
What's not funny?
macgravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 04:17 PM   #379
ferrarizzzz
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arntonach View Post
Up to now, I can say that there's been a lot of jacks in this pack for some reason, as well as songs that seem to be stepped for the sake of being stepped (Baba Yetu, the McDonalds' Final Boss tune) or for completion's sake (the pokemon and MvC2 songs). Not that there's anything wrong with that (Baba Yetu's pretty fun and it's nice to see the MvC2 soundtrack get some justice), but it seems like some people picked the songs first before wondering if they were steppable.
Posted to say that so far I agree with this. Some files felt like they were missing something to stand out and really are getting played for nostalgic music choice alone (which isn't really a bad thing, I'm guilty of it too lol)
ferrarizzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 04:37 PM   #380
Celirra
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Celirra

Quote:
If I picked Baba Yetu entirely because I like the song but was able to, as you admit, make a "pretty fun" file out of it, is that nessecarily a problem?
For clarification I'm not being defensive, I 100% own the fact I stepped it just because I like the song.
I'm just wondering if people think something is wrong with that, because I've seen comments to that effect about a number of songs in this pack.
I dont think there's a problem with that. If you can make a good file out of the song, then its okay, and baba yetu for example I feel was nicely done and enjoyable enough.

There are a few files for example that the song did not make for a fun stepfile, as I've mentioned in my reviews a few things. At the same time though, I'm of the belief of stepping files that the author themselves would enjoy, so honestly as long as the author likes it there'll be at least one person who enjoys it being included in the pack, and given that it was accepted the judges likely enjoyed it sufficiently too. Thereby quite a few enjoyed it enough for it to be included, even if some commenters didn't enjoy a file it still follows my rule of "creator (can be extender to pack assemblers) enjoying file = worth including in pack".
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Celirra is offline   Reply With Quote