Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2019, 02:05 PM   #4701
storn42
RIP Storn D0-D0
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradiant View Post
if there's one wolf left and they have an ability, they wouldn't be able to use both the ability and wolfkill in a night phase would they? or would that depend on host discretion
from my understanding of the game, generally they could, but i suppose it depends on the game/role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
"I think storn is town but he doesn't have a shirt on" - Roundbox
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I have beat my meat to storn's posts no less than four times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post

Old 07-16-2019, 02:05 PM   #4702
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I feel like XelNya/Soundwave should have interesting info at this point.
Old 07-16-2019, 02:07 PM   #4703
Soundwave-
Carry your failures proud
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
You said last phase that you were going to claim stuff this phase.

What's up with that ?
It only made sense because funnier was there to protect me.

Gap in logic: funnier was going to die.

Could make sense to claim this phase still because I'm fucked tonight anyways prob but I promise you I don't have exciting news.
Originally Posted by [11:38 PM] Hakulyte
only person who can legit tilt me is like YoshL
Quote:
Originally Posted by スンファンさん
右に3回回らない限り間違います。
Old 07-16-2019, 02:16 PM   #4704
Gradiant
FFR's Resident Trashpanda
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave- View Post
funnier was the "protective" candidate I had, plausibly just clutch switching. Or it was just gs all along. Who knows.
Quote:

I'm confused. So the info you got was that funnier for sure was a protective role and you were gonna claim and depend on him to save you? But if it was funnier for sure, why include goldstinger in the first quote?
Old 07-16-2019, 02:16 PM   #4705
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

My power is to redirect all actions on me to another player if I so choose

Anything that was used on me (items, kills, powers) last night was instead used on Soundwave.
Old 07-16-2019, 02:22 PM   #4706
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Lightbulb Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

I made my decision to place it on Soundwave because I did an iso of flashflash
He had a gigantic wallpost that gave reads on pretty much every player. Given the nature of the lost wolf thing, I thought he was a good player to check. Dafty and Soundwave were two people he read kinda null and didn't touch too often. He gave one vote on Soundwave the other phase, but found an easy excuse to unvote
I haven't felt great about Soundwave since he went to the fucking shadow realm, but this could have also been around the time he was taken back into wolf chat.
Old 07-16-2019, 02:23 PM   #4707
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

I figured if I projected really angry town yesterday, someone might catch on and try to kill me to make me even angrier
It was a good idea on paper.
Old 07-16-2019, 02:29 PM   #4708
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:

Could make sense to claim this phase still because I'm fucked tonight anyways prob but I promise you I don't have exciting news.
Funnier is an action swapper, im kind of confused about how that fits together.
Old 07-16-2019, 02:31 PM   #4709
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
actually wait. fuck. I cant claim rn.

Fuck this game.
Was this going to happen at any point today?
Seems like you're waiting for something?
Old 07-16-2019, 02:32 PM   #4710
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

I am not asking you to claim btw, I just want to know what happened to it
Old 07-16-2019, 02:34 PM   #4711
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Goldstinger, what did you learn?
I learned that sunfan ruined town and also dead town reinforced the ruination.

Sorry WV didn't sit right with me I guess? I asked Soundwave more than once if he had any deets on a better lynch than WV / rb and got no response.

There was also no real conversation about sunfan's item other than 'WV can confirm he's town because vice versa' and 'sunfan needs item to win game'.

Obviously the thought of the bad came before the afterthought of the resolution with the shot, and the same went through Xel's head in the same scenario.

- Tosh 2014

Old 07-16-2019, 02:34 PM   #4712
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

So yeah, how do you all feel about this? Has anyone else isod FFA and found anything to share?
Old 07-16-2019, 02:37 PM   #4713
Not devonin
FFR Player

Quote:
Good point.

I make no claim other than I did not receive the pm.

I don't really have the time to theory craft rn.
I just find it suspicious. Either you're lying about not getting the PM, or Roundbox is lying about redirecting actions to you. I'm not sure what either of you would gain from that, but generally I'm going to assume the claim I have third-party confirmation for is more likely the correct one.
Old 07-16-2019, 02:37 PM   #4714
gold stinger
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
My power is to redirect all actions on me to another player if I so choose

Anything that was used on me (items, kills, powers) last night was instead used on Soundwave.
That, is overpowered as fuck.

- Tosh 2014

Old 07-16-2019, 02:38 PM   #4715
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
I just want to make sure everyone knows that I have not read every single post in this game and in fact I am missing a lot of context for a lot of things namely whatever went on with haku/Soundwave and the random game show crap that people are talking about, as well as just not being up to date with wagons and people's reads and some of my reads are going to come across as uninformed cause of it

It's hard for me to care or be as invested in this game as is par for me but I'm still putting in effort and it's not like my slot is unreadable or anything remotely like that so I really would appreciate if people cut the crap about that thanks. Daikyi is borderline obsessed with me (understandable, I'm amazing) but it's not remotely helpful and if he doesn't cut it out I'm worried it's just something that he's gonna use as a scapegoat for all kinds of things (will he call this point out as stupid? I don't doubt it) come late game.

Moving on.

This is the first time I've seen devonin play twg and it's like, interesting I guess someone pointed out his focus on mechanics and I dont know why that's the case but it isn't going to get you very far especially in a game with so many hidden elements like this. It's easy to misinterpret the mechanics behind an end result and if you rely on it to solve you will probably get burned. I have seen in some of devonins posts a kind of eagerness to solve though and it especially shined through in that point he made about wanting to hide info from wolves, so overall pretty confident town read on devonin

I am still assuming sharkfan is town but there are a few issues with that, his read list like I mentioned isn't what i expect from a sunfan who just dunked a wolf d1, point about being lost is fair but I haven't really bothered to consider how that knowledge actually changes the wagon's behavior. Some of his reads are quite bare as well when you compare the time he spent on dragonmega trying to get him lynched. Other reads that fall into this category include funnier and svaz

Speaking of svaz I entirely disagree with sunfans analysis, she had great posts in the manhunt (well, it looked like she had a towny thought process and was just arriving at wrong conclusions) and so I don't see "oh she is making actual posts she is town" as a read that anyone can fairly make. Her use of the word "bus" was unnerving and then instead of saying "I meant wagon" or something which I expected she doubled down on it then even brought gs into it while giving an overly verbose explanation. Her behavior today just doesn't sit well with me at all.

My gs read is a bit tempered now by the fact that apparently changes are noted in bright yellow so it isn't actually that hard to figure out what's different if you know what you're looking for. He's still a major wolf read for me because when he isn't spamming he really does sound like he knows what he's talking about and in the jtwg had I been playing I definitely would have been willing to sheep him, here not remotely feeling the same way and that's bad.

I have a singleminded wolf read on shadowgod because I do think his play this game is identical to the jtwg or at least identical enough to start identifying a pattern in behavior. Sharkfan says he's playing different and that's something that pings me wrt sharkfan.

I haven't bothered reading storn at all but he has me in his wolf reads iirc. Not surprising in the slightest, I think he's always sucked at reading me specially if you look at ltwg. I'll bother solving storn later, this game is 20 players after all I don't need to solve everyone day 2

Nothing dafty has said is game related so I officially need to give a NAI read on the slot, but I think were he a wolf he would be getting coached in wolfchat and being told to give content, I consider that a little on the angleshooty side and I don't often see wolfchat reads pan out.

I think Soundwave alignment can be figured out by going back and looking at his interactions with haku, again I haven't had the pleasure of reading any of it. It's baseline suspicious that he claimed not to have been given an item but without knowing what the item does you can't really read into that. He's a null for me.

Antori claimed to be 3p? If his wincon doesn't override town's I think he is trying to play as towny as he can. I really really disagree with everyone who wants to kill him. We can get antori to cooperate imo. In my mind it's apparent he isn't a wolf at the very least and it makes me suspicious of the people who are trying to paint him as a wolf (because it feels like extra justification for a lynch that townies wouldn't need to justify themselves on) like goldstinger.

I trust haku completely

Funnygurl trusts me but in a previous game she immediately town read me and like she already mentioned I wolf read her for it because it is unnerving to be town read that quickly. To make things worse before calling it a soul read she tried to justify it by linking games where I was town and she linked a game that I didn't even play in. It looked really bad for her. Now I'm realizing that it's more of a different strategy and part of the town read is also a "I want to be town with you" which clearly means she's town. I think she's also willing to drop the town read if she needs to after the game where sunfan got red checked. Tldr funnygurl isn't stupid and she knows what she's doing this game, flak isn't warranted.

Funnier is still a wolf to me atm, his low post count isn't quite a dead giveaway because new place but his interactions even with the people he knows doesn't feel quite right, like iirc he was like "fg you're breaking my heart" or something and he's on record for hating appeal to emotion so it's just little quirks like that that are adding up to the wolf read. It's also worth noting that in my entire zd career i have correctly read funniers alignment 0 times, but I try to break the streak anyway instead of wifoming myself. This wallpost is for you bb

Gradiant made a post about lynchers and jesters that pinged me and I'm giving him a neutral 3p read for it, kind of like the elementary sk read. This read is hot and spicy and I won't be surprised if it's right.

Roundbox had a bunch of really towny posts probably over 50 pages ago that I have long since erased from memory but I have a good meta read on roundbox anyway that I'll break out if need be.

Last time I played with daikyi he tunneled me and I figured he had to be a wolf because like why else would he try to lynch someone who was so blatantly town and the answer is it's because he's actually just a terrible person so I'm glad that's solved and I'd prefer it if he never spoke to or at me again without it being game relevant reasons, it's very obnoxious to be tunneled by someone who doesn't care about the game. If he keeps talking about me he's probably a wolf and using it as an outlet, he seems to smart to actually be this hung up over me

I have never in the past been let down by town reading xel and the only wolf game I remember from him was way back when he was using the Wendy's avatar for the very first time. Sunfan can make fun of me for tone reads if he wants but xel sounds towny thanks for coming to my ted talk.

It's possible I'm missing exactly one person in this read list and that would be funny but the rest of it was off the top of my head

Wayward
Yes
I remembered

Wayward is wolfy but not a wolf with gs, I believe that much.
There are a lot of associations I have (like above) that just don't work in a one team world and since multiball seems like a pretty likely conclusion my individual tone and behavior reads support that conclusion pretty strongly. Nothing that was revealed in dragonmega's flip implied it, but there was still a few hidden spots iirc. I'm not sure if there is a way to determine whether multiple teams are present or not but I'm not gonna back down from lynching someone if they were gunning for a wolf (this includes sharkfan). Multiple wolf teams cleans up my reads a bit, making gs and wayward both antitown and sunfan antitown as well. It also gives like, a point of inception to gs wolf read of antori if the wolf teams do know there's another team. The individual reads on players make more sense to me if there is a second team but I dunno how to figure that out unless we lynch like both gs and wayward

Discussion about dragon wagon seems fairly normal and probably accurate, either unintentional bussing or the potential second wolf team. Antoris choice of nightkill seemed reasonable to me and I'm assuming he's telling the truth about believing Raeko was a pro town shot. I think he would keep shooting pro town in the future, honestly. There's already 4 or 5 people reading this prepping their monocle about to cite the Big Book Of Proper TWG and I am saying the book is wrong.

Overall out of my handful of wolf reads I probably hit half the wolves or more, and the ones I missed are like in sharkfan/Soundwave/storn/dafty
Here's this post for the thread's viewing pleasure
Old 07-16-2019, 02:40 PM   #4716
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
Yeah, well, I did it
Old 07-16-2019, 02:40 PM   #4717
gold stinger

Quote:
You know what, that's so overpowered that it might not be overpowered if this is correct. Get tunneled br0

roundbox

are you angry yet

- Tosh 2014

Old 07-16-2019, 02:41 PM   #4718
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
You know what, that's so overpowered that it might not be overpowered if this is correct. Get tunneled br0

roundbox

are you angry yet
What are you even doing right now
Old 07-16-2019, 02:42 PM   #4719
gold stinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
What are you even doing right now
playing TWG

- Tosh 2014

Old 07-16-2019, 02:42 PM   #4720
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
playing TWG

What's your basis for voting me? Because you think my power is wacky?
Closed Thread