Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat

Old 11-15-2016, 07:04 AM   #1
Lambdadelta
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Not sure what to do anymore...

I'm homeless now and have no idea what I'm doing.
I feel like I should give a little backstory though...

I met a friend
I originally planned for her to come down and visit me for a couple days so she could relax and get away from an abusive family she lives with, she ended up staying for 7 days and extended it for an additional week.

My mother offered her safe haven with us and she moved in, everything was going well for about 2 weeks and then things just went to shit, my mother yelled at her, hit her, slammed the door in her face and threw her to the street.

My mother is also physically, mentally, and emotionally abusive to me as well so I decided enough is enough and I walked out that fucking door with her.

We've been getting assistance from a friend in the states whom bought us two nights at a hotel from Friday - Monday, it was nice of him to do that for us but obviously he couldn't keep doing that forever.

Right now we're sleeping on the floor with a blanket, sheet and two pillows, it's not much but it's better than going to a shelter or living on the streets.

We have to do this for 15 more days, I'm breaking down, I feel like crying, I've never experiences something like this before...

I'm lost and have no idea what I should do next, I have resources and have a meeting with my odsp (Ontario disability support program) worker today so I can put her on my benefit, this will give us more money in December and January so we can find a permanent place to live.

I care so much about her, I know I could survive on the streets, I know what to do if I'm hungry and an idea of where to go as to not freeze but honestly, I can't put her through that so I am basically couch surfing at this point and pleading with people in my very small social circle for help.

I don't know how many, if any at all, have experiences homelessness before but any advice is helpful and I would be eternally grateful.

Last edited by Lambdadelta; 11-15-2016 at 01:50 PM..
Lambdadelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 07:21 AM   #2
Soundwave-
Carry your failures proud
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Not sure what to do anymore...

I unfortunately don't have much advice on the specifics; I had it lucky, and didn't have a dependent. That being said, the fact that you know you have resources is being two steps ahead of the game, and as much as things will undoubtedly be tough, hold security in this. You aren't going to die or starve, which is much more than some can say.
Originally Posted by [11:38 PM] Hakulyte
only person who can legit tilt me is like YoshL
Quote:
Originally Posted by スンファンさん
右に3回回らない限り間違います。
Soundwave- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 08:19 AM   #3
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to blindreper1179 Send a message via Skype™ to blindreper1179

Where do you live? Come chill at my place to get on your feet if you're close enough. I reside outside Detroit Michigan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
Quote:
whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now
blindreper1179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 08:20 AM   #4
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to blindreper1179 Send a message via Skype™ to blindreper1179

Text me, it would be a quicker response. 5864042644
Quote:
It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
Quote:
whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now
blindreper1179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 11:24 AM   #5
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Sadly I'm about a 100 dollar train ride for 2 people away from you, or I'd happily offer my couch for a couple days too. I'm about as far east of the city as you are west.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 12:27 PM   #6
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to korny

I was homeless for about 45 days in a state I was forced to move to knowing absolutely nobody if I didn’t want to go to prison and it was the hardest thing I’ve ever endured. My only resource was my street knowledge. If you don’t want life to suck more than it already does try to do what you can to keep your eyes and ears open to who might be able to help. For me this required sleeping outside the public library behind a bush for a couple days and then frequenting downtown everyday looking for the best groomed and most visibly sane homeless guy I could. The homeless people in given areas tend to work together and help each other out but it mostly meant that they helped each other maintain their meth habit which was awful to be around and deal with I fucking hate tweakers but I didn’t have a choice. It’s a do what you gotta do situation if you wanna survive without being even more miserable than you already are. I would hide all my belonging in the small suitcase I had so it wouldn’t be burdensome to carry (and so I wouldn’t look homeless because perception matters) and just walk around downtown observing and conserving my energy. Luckily I had a couple hundred dollars to my name but that came down to me eating a single chipotle burrito everyday. Everyday I would wake up and go into a grocery store and scoop a handful of shampoo into my hands and quickly rinse out my hair and do everything else i could to cleanse myself. You don’t want to look and smell dirty it makes you less approachable. Be sincere about your situation but don’t exaggerate the details. Sometimes people don’t want to hear your life story a simple “hey man, I don’t want to be a bother but I’m sort of in a predicament. Do you by any chance know of a place nearby that temporarily houses people who don’t have a place to stay?” this masquerades as a hopeful inquiry that this person will offer their own home and potentially be the savior you’re looking for. The more you appear to genuinely not seem like you’re actually asking them for a place without being blunt the more people tend to acknowledge the desperation of your situation and are willing to help. It’s your homeless poker face so to speak.

By the 4th day of my homeless adventure I managed to find a guy sitting in downtown who I could tell was homeless, but was clean shaven and didn’t look like a meth head (he was). I asked him if I knew where to get a gram of weed which was me actually trying to get on good terms with the guy, see if he had any knowledge he could impart and/or help out. Turns out he had a fairly large tent in walking distance to downtown that he actually kept clean. It didn’t smell and there were no needles or drugs or anything you might expect to find in your average homeless methheads tent. He ended up taking a liking to me that night and offered me a place to stay in his tent. It absolutely fucking sucked every morning I’d wake up I’d walk to the nearest starbucks and use their wifi for my phone and I basically lived in starbucks everyday for 12 hours a day until it was time to get back to the tent.

Not sure if this helped in anyway but basically, yeah, you just gotta do what you gotta do man. Hope things start looking up for you.
korny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 12:54 PM   #7
Lambdadelta
D7 Elite Keymasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindreper1179 View Post
Where do you live? Come chill at my place to get on your feet if you're close enough. I reside outside Detroit Michigan.
I appreciate this very much but unfortunately it would be impossible for me as I do not own a passport anymore. Thank you.
Old 11-15-2016, 01:01 PM   #8
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

Get in touch with me Lambdadelta.

Not sure exactly what the '15 more days' is implying whether you have found a vacancy for alternative housing, or you're waiting for an apartment or something to become free so you can move in.

However, I do have 2 couches, 1 big, 1 small. If the couch is too small I do have some matresses and can convert my living room into 1 big floor bed, and I can pay you both back for the expenses of getting up to my place in Peterborough.

I'd have to talk to my brother first about getting something to happen, but he's done worse things with money, and we've had people stay over at our place before.

- Tosh 2014

gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 01:04 PM   #9
Lambdadelta
D7 Elite Keymasher

Just figured a small update is necessary.

Went to my meeting and had my friend put on my benefit as a common law spouse so we'll get a decent chunk of money on the 30th which should be more than enough for us.
My worker is also giving us $300 but we have to wait a couple days for it to get in my bank account.

Still looking for people in my small social circle that may house us for a bit as I'd be more than happy to pay for my stay, things are looking up but it's still pretty down.
Old 11-15-2016, 04:10 PM   #10
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

Talked with Lambda a bit about my plan, but the plan fell through as my brother did not like it and we got into a huge argument over it. Don't think my place is the safest place right now.

I contacted Ally to see if maybe she could do something but there's no guarantees. Hopefully you are either able to find somewhere, or get into some alternative housing.

- Tosh 2014

gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 04:32 PM   #11
Lambdadelta
D7 Elite Keymasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
Talked with Lambda a bit about my plan, but the plan fell through as my brother did not like it and we got into a huge argument over it. Don't think my place is the safest place right now.

I contacted Ally to see if maybe she could do something but there's no guarantees. Hopefully you are either able to find somewhere, or get into some alternative housing.
It was greatly appreciated, I've already talked to a friend about staying with him for a day or two so hopefully that all works out.

I'm more concerned for my friend's health than my own.
Old 11-15-2016, 04:38 PM   #12
drizzleRomanceGirl
rain of memories...
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to drizzleRomanceGirl

i'm really sorry to hear that you're homeless

i hope you find somewhere safe and comfortable that's permanent to live in soon

my discord username is drizzleRomanceGirl0706 in case anyone wants to message me

Division 5 2nd place

Quote:
Originally Posted by hosua View Post
Oh, I thought it was just my internet this whole time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
Also that triple post is almost as delicious as a hot, fresh, Domino's pizza.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
can y'all take a break and kiss
(the first section of this chapter)

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5125582...sokyo-no-Jinja
drizzleRomanceGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 04:43 PM   #13
Spenner
Forum User
Retired Staff

Send a message via MSN to Spenner Send a message via Skype™ to Spenner

If it weren't for my wife and I being on the edge of moving out (have to be moved out by November 30th, she leaves for the USA after Dec. 15th). If by mid december you are still homeless, let me know. I'll be in St Thomas and I could possibly train you/vouche for you to work at some local place if need be. But only after my wife leaves, because I'll be living at my moms house LoL. But I'm willing to share space, just sucks its a month ahead that it would be ready. All the best from Spenny here.

Spenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 05:02 PM   #14
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie

I'm close to you (in Hamilton) and have a car.

I live with my parents so I can't just offer a place to stay unfortunately. I could drive out to meet up with you though and try to help you figure things out or give you a ride anywhere if you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected
mellonxcollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 06:14 PM   #15
Lambdadelta
D7 Elite Keymasher

Everything is resolved, we have a place for two weeks now thanks to a very generous individual.
Old 11-15-2016, 06:20 PM   #16
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie

That's awesome I am very happy to hear that!

Please do PM me if you need anything, I don't mind making the short drive over there

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected
mellonxcollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 08:02 PM   #17
Lambdadelta
D7 Elite Keymasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellonxcollie View Post
That's awesome I am very happy to hear that!

Please do PM me if you need anything, I don't mind making the short drive over there
I will keep you in mind, albeit, I believe we are good now.
Old 11-15-2016, 10:10 PM   #18
Tarrik
D7 Elite Keymasher

Send a message via AIM to Tarrik Send a message via Skype™ to Tarrik

Man, I barely come on this site anymore. When i do though, I love coming into a sad thread like this and being able to see the generosity of the community. You guys are great. I wish you and your friend all the best Lambda.
Tarrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 11:34 PM   #19
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

If anything happens, if mellonxcollie is willing to drive you out here, you can stay here for a while also.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 05:33 PM   #20
Felyx
Cute Pony Supreme
FFR Veteran

If you can make your way to my city, I can definitely help. Sault Ste. Marie has some of the cheapest housing in Ontario, with nice 2 bedroom appts for around 500-600 a month, and the ODSP office is just a short walk from down town. If you want to consider this hit me up. I'll help you figure a bunch of things out. Financially it'd probably be a great place to set up shop for a while, since I haven't seen cheaper housing anywhere else in Ontario. Best of luck to you, if you need my help I'll do all I can.