Great 1 10.00%
Dissapointing 2 20.00%
Lame 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-4-2007, 04:07 PM   #1
zidart
FFR Player

Default the good and the bad of Final Fantasy XII

well this is a game with a lot of controversy, so i wanted to know what did people liked or hated of this game. (by the way no spoilers please)

i'll start with my opinion

The good:

-No more random battles, the only part that i don't like of RPGs is the random battles, but not when i am in a new area but when im going to an old area and weak monsters start attacking and they don't even give a lot of EXP

- license board, it makes the character development, at first i thought, that all my characters would be the same thing because everyone has the same board. however i got very different characters since everyone went in a different path.

- story, i was ok with the romantic story of other final fantasy, but this one is about war. is not very easy to predict.

- gambit system, i like the gambits, i can make gambits for every event or problem, i have gambits for normal battles and gambits for boss battles, and although it sounds like the gambits control the game, there is always
suprise that makes me press X a lot of times

-hunting, hunting monsters is cool, some are really hard and makes for some good not annoying grinding.

- graphics and music, there is no argue although some songs are rather annoying the graphics are really good and the art desing, awesome

-world map, the world map is really cool because every location is conected by a long path (but there is the option of teleport crystals) and the world is really big.

-quickenings and espers are awesome and although at the beginning of the game they make the battles more easy, late you realize they are just the finishing touch.

The bad:

- although no more random battles is something good, the problem is when i want to run, this is a really big issue in many parts of the game where i got attacked by a really hard to beat monster

-license board, it's annoying when i get a cool accessory but i can't use ir because i was busy getting other licenses

- story, the only part of the story i didn't like is that the main character doesn't really feel really important.

-gambit system, that i want to have more commands but i need to get more licenses

-hunting, i hate to go and look for the guy who posted the bill, and once i killed the monster go back and tell him again

-graphics, the seeq look rather ugly but maybe they were meant to be like that, and some songs are repeated many times (giza plains for example)

- world map, well i have to go back to rabanastre, i am in phon coast, and i got no teleport stone, see the problem?

-quickenings and espers take all of your MP (well espers just one part and if a character doesn't use a quickening he still has all of his MP)

well that's my opinion. but overall it's a good game if you know how to play it
zidart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-6-2007, 12:10 AM   #2
MarukuAntoni
mmmMMMmmm
FFR Veteran

Default Re: the good and the bad of Final Fantasy XII

i liked many of the aspects of the game- the gambit system, walking around and bashing (although ff to me is about random battles), hunts, graphics, and much more. what really disappointed me was the story. it seemed to straightforward, not offering any huge plot twists. it just wasnt interesting. also leveling to 99 was quite boring. once i hit lvl 70 it took me forever to get to 99.
Old 09-6-2007, 12:22 AM   #3
Evascythe
evascythe
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Evascythe

ix > x-2 > x > vii

win

Quote:
Originally Posted by moches View Post
I love your avatar and you seem like a chill dude
Evascythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-8-2007, 12:13 AM   #4
NeoCannonXcX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to NeoCannonXcX

i just recently got this game, and im pretty sure im at the end of it, but i don't want to finish it quite yet. i would like to finish all the hunts and get all of the ultimate weapons, etc. but it's a problem cause, A. i have not strategy guide (which i get no satisfaction from anyways), B. ive already put around 90 hours of gameplay into it, and C. it seems that the monsters don't get strong enough to give sufficent exp. to level up quickly, so i recomend taking all characters out except one in the party, and leveling up that way, it's much faster if you know where to go.

but i love the graffics, and the new battle system and gambits are great, the espers are not so useful though, they aren't power houses like in ff X, there's a technique to them, and it's cool how you can equip pretty much any weapon you want. but its also a pain in managing your gil with the license board in order to have enough money to buy new skills, gambits, techniks, etc. but all in all i can't wait to finish it. the thing is ive put so much time in it that ive had like a three week break from it so far.
NeoCannonXcX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-8-2007, 12:16 AM   #5
zidart
FFR Player

well the thing is lvls are not so important in this game, jsut the equipment and your licenses. i am able to kill enemies that are many lvls higher than me just with strategy, also i have an equipment for double EXP and double LP (of course some of my group have the EXP one and some have the LP one)
Old 09-8-2007, 12:20 AM   #6
frank34443
FFR Player

Graphics=Best so far...

Everyhing else including music= Worst ever...

Simple as that.
frank34443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-9-2007, 09:06 AM   #7
zidart
FFR Player

i found the perfect use for espers XD, killing hunt marks.
Old 09-9-2007, 09:23 AM   #8
Tokzic
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tokzic

I'M CAPTAIN BAASCH!

DON'T BELIEVE ONDOR'S LIES!

I'M CAPTAIN BAASCH!

I'M CAPTAIN BAASCH!

Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what
Tokzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-9-2007, 09:48 AM   #9
zidart
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokzic View Post
I'M CAPTAIN BAASCH!

DON'T BELIEVE ONDOR'S LIES!

I'M CAPTAIN BAASCH!

I'M CAPTAIN BAASCH!
that part was funny XD
Old 09-9-2007, 01:44 PM   #10
YukiRamaro
FFR Player

This might be one of my favorite Final Fantasy games yet. Simply because of the game play. That's what makes it for me. I don't care much for the story, or the characters though.
Also the hunts are fun and I think the license board makes leveling more fun too.
But I still really like FF9 for setting, story and character developments.
YukiRamaro is offline   Reply With Quote