Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 06:19 PM   #141
AC1speakerbox
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to AC1speakerbox Send a message via MSN to AC1speakerbox
Default Re: TWG XCII: Welcome Back, Wolfy!

I can't believe I'm doing this.

Code:
(7:04:09 PM) ac1colossus: you aren't going to believe this
(7:04:15 PM) Argo: ya?
(7:04:18 PM) ac1colossus: I might just change my position again
(7:04:39 PM) ac1colossus: something Vic said made me think that theres a good chance she's human
(7:04:44 PM) ac1colossus: I need to think about his
(7:04:47 PM) ac1colossus: *this
(7:05:02 PM) ac1colossus: I can't tell you what it was
(7:05:32 PM) ac1colossus: so are we backing off vic now?
(7:05:50 PM) Argo: i kinda want to vote a random innactive
(7:06:11 PM) Argo: like gun or ruritsu
(7:06:35 PM) ac1colossus: do you mind if I post this in the thread? I don't want to have to write a paragraph saying why I'm changing my position AGAIN
(7:06:38 PM) ac1colossus: >_<
(7:07:57 PM) Argo: who are you changing too
(7:07:58 PM) Argo: ?
(7:08:18 PM) ac1colossus: I can't tell you.
Something Vic said made me think she's human though
(7:08:37 PM) Argo: you can't just remove your vote can you?
(7:08:40 PM) ac1colossus: That's all I can say
(7:08:46 PM) ac1colossus: I don't know
(7:08:52 PM) ac1colossus: who doesn't have a vote
(7:08:57 PM) Argo: i think you gatta safety someone
(7:09:00 PM) ac1colossus: yeah
safety on ruritsu =(
Old 12-16-2009, 06:19 PM   #142
AC1speakerbox
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

bah ruritsu
Old 12-16-2009, 06:31 PM   #143
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to iggymatrixcounter

day ends tonight?

I've talked to a few more people and people are starting to fit into different categories for me at least:

tupa: is playing a similar game when we were wolves a few games ago, laying low, nothing too new to note, nothing to really say against him. IMO these are the hardest to see because they fly under the radar and usually only wolves have NOTHING against them because they make sure there's nothing about them that can be used as evidence. His idea about the psychic kind of breaks this mold because it's too liberal for his "persona" he would be trying to make

u84: another person who is "there but not there." His fierce reaction on day1 sent a few alarms to me as what an inexperienced wolf would do when under pressure. I don't know u84's style nor his past experience so I can't really say. I guess I'm more neutral but he has things that can go either way for me. Unlike a lot of players who have stepped out from the shadows day2, he seems to have fallen back into them. A wolf loves to watch other humans tear each other apart, makes his job easy XD.

argo: is it just me or has he posted like 8 times but hasn't really said anything or elaborated on anything? He's one of my top suspects; nothing to be used against him, not inactive, but not super helpful either. (though I know he's proactive with his AIM "charts," which I thought was a clever idea.)

temote: one of the few people who I think is human. I'm not sure why but his activity and helpfulness with a few of my ideas and high activity on AIM make him too involved to be fake imo. If he is a wolf, he's trying way too hard XD. I like his thoughts on EVERYONE, generally I thought I was the only one who made such lists. It's helpful because it reflects AIM activity and other considerations that no one else really has access to.

vic: I think she decided to actually play lol. She always has super strong suspicions and it gets her into trouble a lot. I know I've railroaded her many times for things I thought were "higher level thinking" but ended up just being her strong conviction. I would lean human on her as well, I would be more worried if she DIDN'T have lots of ideas that are controversial because, as a wolf, she would know that those ideas would get her into trouble. As a human, she probably doesn't care as much and just wants to avoid having discussions being one-sided.

Spyke: again, I think he came alive the same time as vic did XD. Most of his posts are waste imo but he does reflect a "voice of reason," it's subtle but when he said to avoid an insta on freeze, that something about the whole situation didn't seem right, those reflect the ideas of a human that doesn't want to get shanked by a conspiracy of wolves. And he is continuing with this trend by avoiding the "inactivity is absolute" theory that a lot of us have been running with. Not to mention it makes you a better, more rounded twg player

panda: His style is weird to me. I don't know what argo did to panda, but he has been pushing for him for the most strange reasons. His first vote was based off some crazy reverse psychology theory, and then he votes for him again..... with another strange theory that argo's safety vote is not a safety and more of a real vote? Like I said, perhaps it's inexperience but it seems like no matter what panda is, he wants argo dead XD.

ruritsu: lol is it wrong for me to expect him to just go off on someone to prove to me that he's a human? His responses to freeze's defense later in day1 were good imo. But I don't really notice him doing anything else of note. Which of course sends off alarms to me. He's more of a gut feeling of being a wolf. But he would be near impossible to lynch.... which is why that style is so effective for a wolf XD.

Ac1: ok, I think temote is human, but can you stop kissing up to him? I mean it's like everything you say is what either temote said or something that temote agrees with. I want to know what you guys don't agree on if anything. A more advanced wolf strategy is to attach yourself to someone who is generally known as human. Which leads to doing things more as a 'mirror' to other players than as your own thoughts and actions. This fits ac's style this game, but I'm really on the fence as to if he's doing it as a wolf or as a helpful human. His activity will at least keep him off my radar for the time being. Perhaps there will be something later as the game goes on.

Gun: I have zero clue. His inactivty is way too obvious imo. I think he's more of the inactive human role than a wolf who chooses to be inactive. But he's always the same to me. Never helpful, never opinionated, always making excuses for his inactivity. But as long as he votes, at least he's not dead weight.

Rawr: what ever happened with your suspicions of argo? If I had a convo with him like the one you posted, I would be be hounding the mess out of him on AIM or publically. Even if argo did it as a test, I would want to know that and believe that it was a test 100%. Maybe it was faked, but agro is the AIM convo archieves, he would use that title to prove that rawr was faking it so I'm sure it was a real convo. If you were on AIM I would talk to you more. I guess we just miss each other in passing it seems. Your detective work on freeze was good. Since you are a newer player(?) I doubt it was done to frame freeze but more as a way to honestly be helpful. But like I said, I'm more curious about you than anything because of the situation with argo than anything.

Guess I'll go with ruritsu today.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:32 PM   #144
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to iggymatrixcounter

Wow, a whole bunch of posts happened while I was typing that novel XD.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:37 PM   #145
Viccica
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Viccica Send a message via MSN to Viccica

Your bit about me made me :3

iggy understands meeee

Anyone else find Ac's log a bit questionable? I think it seems a bit rash and 'doh i screwed up lets pretend i changed my mind' to me. I'd like to know your reason, AC.

In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

Sincerely,

Your Client
Eco Friendly
~Chu
Old 12-16-2009, 06:40 PM   #146
AC1speakerbox
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

If I can't tell Argo then you KNOW I can't tell the whole thread xD
Old 12-16-2009, 06:42 PM   #147
Viccica
FFR Player

tupac

Elaborating a bit more on Iggy's analysis because I was kind of thinking the same thing. (I thought it was just me thinking too deeply on it). He seems to just kind of trying to make us think he's active while not really being active. It's pretty much the exact same way he played wolf on iggy's team (as iggy said). He also sent me a pm trying to question whether I was the psychic or not judging by my recent activity splurge... While it may be a valid question, I'd have to assume it's roledigging, especially since it was done very privately. His human play isn't so bad as to suggest he'd try and ask me if I were a blue and genuinely think I'd tell them whether I was or wasn't. It just doesn't add up to me.

In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

Sincerely,

Your Client
Eco Friendly
~Chu
Old 12-16-2009, 06:44 PM   #148
Temote
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Temote

Geez, if we weren't both in this game and I didn't know better, I'd swear that Iggy and I could be the exact same player. XD

Vic:
Quote:
(6:09:21 PM) Argo1516: ac1's changing his vote. so now i have the most
(6:09:32 PM) Argo1516: panda and rawr

If it's fake, then that will put both of them in the spotlight. =3
Old 12-16-2009, 06:44 PM   #149
AC1speakerbox
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I'm agreeing with Temote so much cause I mostly trust him.

He's a very experienced player who was pretty active n1.
If the no-wolf was an accident, I don't see any reason for me not to trust him.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:45 PM   #150
Viccica
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by tupacodaman
so when you said:

"And if you really did want to try to condemn me for being a wolf (oh no I'm being attacked by ac1), why would you want the psychic to come out if I were a wolf? That's just bad play to try and get the psychic out in the open in which case we lose our psychic when there's still 2 wolves left in the game."

how can you say FOR CERTAIN that there are 2 wolves left, unless you are the psychic (most likely imo), wolf (next likely), or seer (least likely)? are you assuming freeze was a wolf? I don't think I'm reading too much on this and think you are indeed the psychic. anyway, I'm just wondering because I'm deciding on who to vote for, and you're most suspicious in my book so far. I would hate to lynch the psychic after lynching the seer last full game( though that was totally u84's fault )

Looking for psychic at first, okay. You think I'm most likely it, okay.

Then you're just unsure on who to vote for... But I thought you were questioning me about my role?

Then you think I'm the most suspicious? Didn't you think I was the psychic?

hmmmmm

Sincerely,

Your Client
Eco Friendly
~Chu
Old 12-16-2009, 06:46 PM   #151
Ruritsu
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viccica View Post
So... you agree with me when I defended Iggy against your inactivity argument.... But you want to lynch me?
If you're refering to me, then you need to reread, seeing as at no point did I agree with you. I did the exact oposite of what you wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viccica
My point just was that it seems silly to focus our whole game on the basis of no n1 kill. I'm not saying it means that the wolves weren't inactive, just that it doesn't nessecarily mean that they were. And more importantly, if we focus our game on hunting inactives, we ignore any wolves that might be playing the role of a snake in the grass.
OR maybe its not some far fetched super amazing coincidence and in fact the much more likely has happened and the wolves really are inactive. Why are you pressing this so much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic
And if you really did want to try to condemn me for being a wolf (oh no I'm being attacked by ac1), why would you want the psychic to come out if I were a wolf? That's just bad play to try and get the psychic out in the open in which case we lose our psychic when there's still 2 wolves left in the game.
I addressed this already (Actually I more of just rode on the coat tails of AC's suggestion), if you are in fact red, it means, like somebody pointed out, you're defending at least one person, and that we should continue to pursue the inactivity route. If you don't show up red, we probably should put the inactive chase on the back burner. Further if you don't show up red, the Psychic can just bloody remain hidden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic
Also.. I like how AC didn't say anything about how we're not drawing on the fact that we completely ignored lynching one very likely candidate that WASN'T active at ALL night 1 (freez) that could be the cause of no n1 kill since you seem so attached to your inactivity theory.
We did lynch Freeze I thought?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic
I'm not trying to protect anyone, I just wanted you guys to pay attention to alternatives, too and not bet our entire game on one theory.
We're not ignoring the "alternatives" we're just reasonably dismissing them as unlikely seeing as they are really unlikely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic
Another issue I have with the inactivity theory is the fact there's a lot of greens. I think it's been mentioned before, but plenty of people check their pm, see that they're a normal human, get immediately uninterested and only come around for the sake of a lynch vote and being pseudo active.
You're smart enough to realize that humans uninterest would not cause a wolf to be missed. The only thing that would cause this situation is the wolves not PMing. The only things that would cause that situation are a wolf group gone MIA, or unreasonably inattentive wolves. I'll take the former any day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyke
also @ temote
I thought I was being decently active...at least on AIM anyways. Its rare for me to have thoughts that seem important enough for a big post on the thread
I love how everyone (Save for freeze) who argued against the inactivity idea also mentioned that they were active.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy
ruritsu: lol is it wrong for me to expect him to just go off on someone to prove to me that he's a human? His responses to freeze's defense later in day1 were good imo. But I don't really notice him doing anything else of note. Which of course sends off alarms to me. He's more of a gut feeling of being a wolf. But he would be near impossible to lynch.... which is why that style is so effective for a wolf XD.
Rage, so you guys go off and vote me while I'm AFK. I think I said I'd post some more when I got back from school. Just now back -_-' However, your lynching reasons are just as hard to defend against as it would be to justify my lynching as you say. I can't really respond to this effectivly.

All this said, and although I feel I'm gonna get a lot of slack for this, I'm still voting Vic as she remains suspicious in my mind.

-Prepares for mass ninja posts-
Old 12-16-2009, 06:46 PM   #152
Temote
FFR Player

Quote:
Elaborating a bit more on Iggy's analysis because I was kind of thinking the same thing. (I thought it was just me thinking too deeply on it). He seems to just kind of trying to make us think he's active while not really being active. It's pretty much the exact same way he played wolf on iggy's team (as iggy said). He also sent me a pm trying to question whether I was the psychic or not judging by my recent activity splurge... While it may be a valid question, I'd have to assume it's roledigging, especially since it was done very privately. His human play isn't so bad as to suggest he'd try and ask me if I were a blue and genuinely think I'd tell them whether I was or wasn't. It just doesn't add up to me.
Wait, what? o_O Can you forward this to me or something?
Old 12-16-2009, 06:48 PM   #153
Ruritsu
FFR Player

Oh, and a vote count would be nice.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:50 PM   #154
Viccica
FFR Player

Ruritsu, I wasn't even talking to you at all.

Like.. ever.

It was all to AC.

ruritsu

Nah just kidding.

tupac

Now for a serious response. Two minutes.

Sincerely,

Your Client
Eco Friendly
~Chu
Old 12-16-2009, 06:50 PM   #155
Temote
FFR Player

Argo - Rawr, Panda
Iggy - Gun
Tupa - Vic
Gun - Temote
Ruritsu - Iggy, AC
Vic - Ruritsu

Left to vote: Spyke, Tupa, Argo, u84

Unless I missed something during the sudden posting spree.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:54 PM   #156
Viccica
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruritsu View Post
If you're refering to me, then you need to reread, seeing as at no point did I agree with you. I did the exact oposite of what you wanted.
Was talking to AC you loserface.

Quote:
OR maybe its not some far fetched super amazing coincidence and in fact the much more likely has happened and the wolves really are inactive. Why are you pressing this so much?
As I already addressed, I don't want us to find one idea and roll with it the whole game. Humans are NEVER 100% right with their first assumptions.

Quote:
I addressed this already (Actually I more of just rode on the coat tails of AC's suggestion), if you are in fact red, it means, like somebody pointed out, you're defending at least one person, and that we should continue to pursue the inactivity route. If you don't show up red, we probably should put the inactive chase on the back burner. Further if you don't show up red, the Psychic can just bloody remain hidden.
Yeah and if I don't show up red you drop someone who's actually trying to contribute to the game... And end up no closer to finding any other wolves.

Quote:
We did lynch Freeze I thought?
Also adressed, I was using bold for emphasis, not a vote. If you're going to try to argue against me at least read the whole thread.

Sincerely,

Your Client
Eco Friendly
~Chu
Old 12-16-2009, 06:54 PM   #157
Ruritsu
FFR Player

Quote:
Ruritsu, I wasn't even talking to you at all.

Like.. ever.

It was all to AC.
That only makes my first response not matter.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:57 PM   #158
AC1speakerbox
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Iggy, stop being ninja'd.
It makes safety voting so much more troublesome.

u84
Old 12-16-2009, 06:58 PM   #159
Viccica
FFR Player

Trying to get my cell phone to reconnect to AIM and it's not going very well.... Bear with me.

If it's incredibly urgent, PM me for my number and message it from AIM.

Sincerely,

Your Client
Eco Friendly
~Chu
Old 12-16-2009, 07:01 PM   #160
Ruritsu
FFR Player

Quote:
Was talking to AC you loserface.
Oh deary me.

Quote:
As I already addressed, I don't want us to find one idea and roll with it the whole game. Humans are NEVER 100% right with their first assumptions.
As I already addressed, the only alternative is absurd.

Quote:
Yeah and if I don't show up red you drop someone who's actually trying to contribute to the game... And end up no closer to finding any other wolves.
No, if you don't show up red, we drop somebody who's actually trying to contribute to the game, and stop our thrash in the wrong dirrection.

Quote:
Also adressed, I was using bold for emphasis, not a vote. If you're going to try to argue against me at least read the whole thread.
Quote:
Also.. I like how AC didn't say anything about how we're not drawing on the fact that we completely ignored lynching one very likely candidate that WASN'T active at ALL night 1 (freez)
This makes it seem like you're about to designate said "very likely candidate" and the next thing that pops up is Freeze in parenthesis. Misleading, no? Also your responses seem ill thought out, maybe you should read through everything before you try to argue against me.

(More ninjas?)