Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > Brag Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 06:31 PM   #1
supermystic123
FFR Player

Default the supermystic123 stepmania ranking project

its been discussed before but ive decided to create threads. and create a database to store players stepmania song scores, rate, and how they play(one hand, four finger, threefinger, index/two finger)

i would like to hear everyones input and i would also like to know if people could help me out on this, it seems like theres always people callin out others on the brag board and posting crazy scores. so lets determine who the best 50 are

please post your ideas and/ or im me at, im n0t tim <--w/ a zero
Old 07-14-2004, 06:41 PM   #2
Privateer
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Privateer

1 - you should have posted this in the same topic
2 - we're not all gonna horde our screenshots into this thread when they are all over the board already. Posting them in only this topic would defeat the purpose of the board.
3 - knowing how each person plays won't help determine their rank. It's their scores only.
4 - there is no way a project as you propose it be run will determine the best 50.

Sorry.

The closest we can get to a list is discussing it, which is what we have been doing.

It'd be great if we could have some sort of thing like this, but it would never work.
Old 07-14-2004, 06:46 PM   #3
Ignite
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Ignite

People could cheat and put lower music speeds but other than that, im in. We moslty know who is the top ten but what ever.

Songs could be ones that most people post about. -Cynics Snow ONI - Mewrps VITA V2 ONI -Apersons Mystical Potato Head - Reachs ASB Hevy -Scropios Otaku Speed Vibe -Eggmans Quassar

Or other songs ppl could sugest. When you post your SS or Vid you could say your style of play (4 finger,Index/2 finger, ect...)

There would be an other choice of songs for the 1 handed plays. Im not very familiar with 1 handed freindly songs so i cant help.

The players would be devided into lists: Overall best player list with top 20 best players, 50 is too much. and 4 more list for the sytles of play( one hand, Index/2 fingers, 4 fingers, 3 fingers) with would only go up to the 10 best in each list.

Any other ideas?
Old 07-14-2004, 06:59 PM   #4
Kenzya
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Kenzya

This won't work for the same reason it hasn't worked in the past.. faking screenshots/videos.. cheating.. people not trusting one another.. ESPECIALLY ON THIS FORUM..
Old 07-14-2004, 07:09 PM   #5
supermystic123
FFR Player

agh...i had such good ideas to make it worth everyones time but now i see everyones concern w/ a war of uncertainty
Old 07-14-2004, 07:59 PM   #6
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

yeah basically

in short it won't work

it will never work

unless of course stepmania in the future gets rid of judge difficulty and makes the ini unaccessible

Old 07-14-2004, 08:07 PM   #7
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

Tim got ownd.