Old 09-5-2014, 12:31 PM   #1
Mrowmrew
FFR Player

Unhappy R^3 suddenly choppy?

When I start a song, it runs just fine but as the song progresses it gets very choppy as if my fps just plummeted down the shooter. I haven't had this problem up until recently; but I've tried this in different browsers, lowering my res and closing out every other program that making my computer respond slower but nothing is helping.

I could always switch back to the Velocity engine or play on FFR Low Res but I'll often score lower on those engines.
What's the deal?

Last edited by Mrowmrew; 09-5-2014 at 12:32 PM..
Mrowmrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-5-2014, 12:34 PM   #2
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: R^3 suddenly choppy?

Probably a hidden flash update that caused it to go haywire, mine just did that but it's back to normal.

_Zenith_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-5-2014, 12:41 PM   #3
dell2150
FFR Veteran
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to dell2150

I was actually experiencing the same problem. Towards the end of August there was some sort of flash (or flash plug-in) update that caused my game to be very laggy. I tried Chrome and IE, as well as standalone Flash players 9 and 11 (after running IE as administrator, clearing cache and logging back in - which I recommend trying). Eventually I tried Flash Player 14, and it's better, but still kind of choppy. Mine starts out choppy and then randomly starts running smoothly somewhere in the middle, so kind of the opposite.

So I guess my only suggestion would be to try getting different Flash players (I hear 9 and 14 tend to work the best) from Adobe. Then run IE as administrator (Right-click > Run as administrator) and open up settings and clear your cookies/cache. Log back into FFR on IE, open up your standalone flash projector and put the link in. Let me know

1. Download Flash Player projector (I'd say try 14 first, scroll down in this link to see the different kinds - make sure you select the right operating system)
https://www.adobe.com/support/flashp...downloads.html
2. Right-click Internet Explorer and click "Run as administrator" or "Open as administrator"
3. Clear your cache and cookies in IE.
4. Go to FFR and log in (then you may close IE if you want)
5. Open the standalone flash player
6. Click "File" and then "open" and insert this link http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/~velocity/R%5E3.swf
7. Click Ok and it should load up, and hopefully that does something for you. Standalone is always worth a try anyway.
dell2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-5-2014, 12:59 PM   #4
Mrowmrew
FFR Player

Talking Re: R^3 suddenly choppy?

Thank you so much! This actually works quite a bit. It's been like this for almost a week now and I was starting to think something was wrong with my computer. I noticed the quality is a bit better too.

Last edited by Mrowmrew; 09-5-2014 at 01:00 PM..
Old 09-5-2014, 01:04 PM   #5
Kanzas
Buh
FFR Veteran

Standalone players ftw!

Top 5
Pimp Slap - 7-0-0-1
party 4u "holy nite mix" v2 - 5-0-1-2
Fei Longer - AAA
HELLBEAT - 9-0-1-3
Flame Repellent - 5-0-0-0
Kanzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-5-2014, 08:16 PM   #6
dell2150
FFR Veteran
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to dell2150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrowmrew View Post
Thank you so much! This actually works quite a bit. It's been like this for almost a week now and I was starting to think something was wrong with my computer. I noticed the quality is a bit better too.
Awesome great to hear that helped! Unfortunately mine is still a little bit wonky even after fully switching to the standalone, but hopefully I can find a full fix
dell2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-8-2014, 04:18 AM   #7
Mrowmrew
FFR Player

Red face Re: R^3 suddenly choppy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
Probably a hidden flash update that caused it to go haywire, mine just did that but it's back to normal.
I'll see if I can't update my computer sometime this week, everything usually updates themselves but it's worth a shot!