Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2007, 06:22 AM   #381
perkeyone
FFR Player

Default Re: A big problem for Evolution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewpinthethird View Post
No dude, let me edit them.
fight to the death! last one standing gets to edit!
(o crap i cant cheer for either cuz the other would ban me rofl)
perkeyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 10:44 PM   #382
justom
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomPscho View Post

EDIT: Coincidentally the new South Park demonstrates what I am saying.
Why do you believe in some South Park episode about the Bible? Do you compare South Park and the Bible?
Old 03-19-2007, 10:57 PM   #383
flawofhumanity
MMM WATCHA SAY
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to flawofhumanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by justom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomPscho View Post
Because the bible doesn't say so, and if the bible is wrong, people might question there faith, and now there is a LOT of evidence supporting other thoughts and ideas which would be detrimental to the church so the church tries instilling that its beliefs are always right thereby corrupting the minds of children such as chocaholic. Then these people refuse to believe anything but what the church tells them.

Run on sentence because it was a rant. Sorry.

EDIT: Coincidentally the new South Park demonstrates what I am saying.

Why do you believe in some South Park episode about the Bible? Do you compare South Park and the Bible?
By saying what he said, Pscho isn't implying that just because it was on a South Park he believes it. He is, however, noting that South Park demonstrates his ideas. There's a HUGE difference between the two, and I'm almost sure he's not comparing the bible and South Park in any way there. If South Park says Paris Hilton is a filthy whore, and makes a 30 minute episode out of it poking fun at her for the same reasons I agree with them, it doesn't mean I "believe" in South Park over other sources of information, it means I agree with the message that is being conveyed in that particular episode.

Last edited by flawofhumanity; 03-19-2007 at 11:01 PM.. Reason: More capitilization, less pronouns.
flawofhumanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 10:59 PM   #384
justom
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by flawofhumanity View Post
By saying what he said, Pscho isn't implying that just because it was on a South Park he believes it. He is, however, noting that South Park demonstrates his ideas. There's a HUGE difference between the two, and I'm almost sure he's not comparing the bible and South Park in any way there. If south park says Paris Hilton is a filthy whore, and makes a 30 minute episode out of it poking fun at her for the same reasons I agree with them, it doesn't mean I "believe" in South Park over other sources of information, it means I agree with the message that is being conveyed in that particular episode.
Oh. Ok.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:31 AM   #385
RandomPscho
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by justom View Post
No... I like the show and think it is funny. I was watching right after that post and it showed exactly what I was saying. Where does comparing South Park to a book come from? I was talking about the church.
RandomPscho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:37 PM   #386
Moonasha
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Moonasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by das1ngerplayer View Post
One topic of controversy that is popular, did humans evolve from monkeys (or apes). I'll say two things about that. One is I don't want to believe any idea that I evolved from a monkey, I prefer to be human. Two is there are billions of people in this world and the chance some will look somewhat like a monkey is a high possibility. That does not mean that we evolved from them though.

You have to think of this in a logical way to understand what the whole issue is.

P.S. - I'd argue back but I find it pointless argueing with people who are narrow minded.

lol. there is so much wrong here. Plz research before bombarding us with your "open minded" crap.
Moonasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 08:49 PM   #387
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxas_Number13 View Post
I came across Tugz's IQ a couple of months ago on his PhotoBucket.
And since he is banned, I decided to post it.
And I agree with Squeek about the idea of disregarding any mispelled or grammatically incorrect posts, i.e. Choca's.

The page in the picture says that his general IQ is 141.
In some recent posts he has said that another test he took says 149,
but I can't seem to find that picture. Well here is the pic:

Too bad Ivillage is not a real IQ test. People take IQ tests online and think they're valid or something. Please.

http://www.cbc.ca/testthenation/takethetest/ The most accurate test you'll find online...

Not that IQ shouyld matter very much when it comes to debate, as anyone with an IQ over 100 can gain the skills necessary to do it well. Education is probably more important.

And sometimes I wish the bible thumpers were right. No evolution would be great. Noone would get sick because we could conveniently cure everything. However, that isn't the case. Our nasty little friend called evolution will always be around to cause mutations and breed new sicknesses and diseases.

Last edited by Reach; 03-28-2007 at 08:58 PM..
Reach is offline   Reply With Quote