Old 01-22-2009, 11:26 PM   #41
ninjafury
Liquidsmooth
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Pokemon Platinum

I've already beaten Platinum in Japanese, I'm just waiting for the American one to come out. Dialga and Palkia are such a joke to catch in Platinum, I got them both first Dusk ball I used.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:33 PM   #42
BabyViperx3
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to BabyViperx3

I love all pokemon games (: I'm getting a DS this week and I plan on buying the new ones. I'm working on capturing the regi's right now on Sapphire and that's a pain in the ass. Blah, anyways someone was trying to sell me Pokemon Chaos Black, Naranja, and Arcoiris. I didn't know wtf they were until I searched them on google and apparently they're fake? :3 someone explain this to me a little better<3
BabyViperx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:42 PM   #43
dean_machine
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyViperx3 View Post
I love all pokemon games (: I'm getting a DS this week and I plan on buying the new ones. I'm working on capturing the regi's right now on Sapphire and that's a pain in the ass. Blah, anyways someone was trying to sell me Pokemon Chaos Black, Naranja, and Arcoiris. I didn't know wtf they were until I searched them on google and apparently they're fake? :3 someone explain this to me a little better<3
They're hacked versions of ruby, saphire, or emerald and they made their own sprites and maps and dialog to make their own version with using those games as a base. There are also certain ds cartridges that you can buy so you can put anything on it like one of those games.

I actually don't know for sure what they did, but that's how it's possible, and there is many hacked versions of pokemon out there.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:06 AM   #44
dragon890x
☆Ξ Phantasy Star Legend Ξ☆
FFR Veteran

O-o;; Pokemon is still alive?

[ Link ]
dragon890x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 08:15 AM   #45
Artic_counter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Seriously, they should have stopped Pokémon a long time ago. I lost the count on how many games were made. What generation are they at now ? #30 ? I stopped after beating Yellow/Blue/Red and Gold/Silver.

Artic_counter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 08:34 AM   #46
dragon890x
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artic_counter View Post
Seriously, they should have stopped Pokémon a long time ago. I lost the count on how many games were made. What generation are they at now ? #30 ? I stopped after beating Yellow/Blue/Red and Gold/Silver.
I remember when only red and blue were out..and yellow was started being advertised and everyone was like..WHAT THE ****! I NEED THAT! I NEED THATTTTT!!!!1 OMG

[ Link ]
Old 01-23-2009, 10:25 AM   #47
Phynx
I'm Forever
FFR Veteran

Haha, this makes me want to dig out my old Pokemon Special Pikachu Yellow Edition. If it's not broke I have all original pokemon in all forms at lvl 100... I spent some 600 hours or something like that dueling the league or whatever it was called. I wonder if it is still there...

Plus I should get back into pokemon. I've lost my path with it several years ago. It's a new world to me now XD

Phynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:40 AM   #48
L0NEvvolf
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to L0NEvvolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by chidori! View Post
for serious
all new games are barely any different
This is why pokemon sucks.
L0NEvvolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 06:40 PM   #49
dean_machine
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0NEvvolf View Post
This is why pokemon sucks.
Still more fun than most other handheld games, and they do make improvements with the games.

Gold/Silver you recieved a call when your storage is almost full so you know to switch the boxes before it gets filled up and you can't catch anymore, you can breed pokemon, and it was either this or Ruby/Saphire that started the little pokeball indicater that indicated you've already caught a certain pokemon.

Ruby/Saphire has a very useful run feature, select button quickly uses a registered key item so you don't have to press start and go to the key item each time to use it, and you didn't have to worry about switching boxes.

Diamond/Pearl you press y for start, instead of the start button, much nicer in my opinion, you can trade pokemon online, item finding, berry finding, and breeding pokemon is much easier with the new poketch feature, and having a partner for battles sometimes during the story was pretty cool especially since his/her and your own pokemon were healed to perfect health after each battle.

edit: I do take pokemon seriously, I'm not going to deny it, but it's fun, and that's why I like it so much. I know the whole team rocket,team magma/aqua, and team galactic people and also the champion appearances throughout the game makes the story similar in all the pokemon games, and I do wish they would come up with something else for the story, but they're all still fun anyway, and they're still quite different (well, except for the ones in the same generation obviously) even if they have reoccuring themes in them.

Last edited by dean_machine; 01-24-2009 at 02:12 AM.. Reason: I take pokemon seriously.
dean_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:50 PM   #50
OneHandNow
Banned
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_machine View Post
Still more fun than most other handheld games, and they do make improvements with the games.

Gold/Silver you recieved a call when your storage is almost full so you know to switch the boxes before it gets filled up and you can't catch anymore, you can breed pokemon, and it was either this or Ruby/Saphire that started the little pokeball indicater that you've already caught a certain pokemon.
.....and blahblahblah
Dude, you take Pokemon way to seriously.. just admit it.
Pokemon has the same generic storyline OVER and OVER again..
All that's changing is a bit of small features and new pokemons with new jigged up names and new jigged up sprites..

Sure, they may add a cool "Battle Frontier" thingy here and there.. but that's not the point..

All Pokemon games stay to its generic formula of storyline/gameplay..
So making like, 12 different versions is.. a bit overdoing it (or should I say MILKING THE FRANCHISE.)

There are WAY better handheld games than Pokemon.. Take for example.. Golden Sun for the GBA, DJ Max Series for the PSP, Final Fantasy: Dissidia for the PSP, Monster Hunter for the PSP.. and alot of other great games on the go..

So yeah, stop playing Pokemon and move on.
OneHandNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:00 PM   #51
NFD
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to NFD

Why did you bring up those games? Golden Sun was nothing like Pokemon, so why compare it? And if you bring up Djinni, you're retarded. There were only like, 32.

Also,

Reason to get the new Pokemon games:

Last edited by NFD; 01-23-2009 at 10:02 PM..
NFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:07 PM   #52
~kitty~
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Where do the names of the pokemon come from?
~kitty~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 11:41 PM   #53
dragon890x
FFR Veteran

Pokemon scares me now! >.<;; I just looked at all this diamond and pearl stuff..and WTF! What happened to the original 151? They vanished! It's all like..HEY! A WALKING COMPUTER GIRAFFE! LET'S THROW THIS SHINY MEAT ON THURSDAYS BUT ALL YOU CAN EAT FISH ON FRIDAY SPECIAL POKEBALL AND TRY TO CATCH IT! IF THAT FAILS, I'LL HAVE MY SEAOTTER/FFRARROW MONSTER BEAT IT IN THE HEAD AND I'LL JUST ****ING EAT THE MOTHER ****@#*$&()@$&)@$ AHHHAHAHAHAHAHA I LOVE ****ING POKEMON @#U(RFH(#HFBIU#BFUIO#FB GUESS WHAT KIDDIES! I HAVE YOUR SOUL! YOUR SOULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL *cough* ~pickachu~ teehee.

--scene above was based off of a true story--
O-o;; j/k...orami?! Ok..I'll stop.

[ Link ]
Old 01-26-2009, 02:28 AM   #54
FuzenAkuma
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to FuzenAkuma Send a message via MSN to FuzenAkuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario91 View Post
im just getting cuz i wanna catch SHAYMIN and not only that but i like the new story line...seems better...

my line up is gonna be this for sure!!

1. Turtwig>>>>Torterra
2. Chimchar>>>Infernape
3. Piplup>>>>>Empoleon
4. Pichu>>>>>Raichu
5. Gible>>>>>Garchomp
6. Cranidos>>>Rampardos
I sure hope you don't plan on competitive battling with this team :/
FuzenAkuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:54 AM   #55
goelo
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

[quote=NFD;2960697]Why did you bring up those games? Golden Sun was nothing like Pokemon, so why compare it? And if you bring up Djinni, you're retarded. There were only like, 32.

dude there were 64 djinnis in Golden Sun 2
and its a really great game, sure it doesnt have lucario, but it haves a great plot if u played GS 1
goelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 04:20 AM   #56
TheRapingDragon
A car crash mind
FFR Veteran

I actually find pokemon pretty fun to play, but I'll not get platinum unless there are new pokemon (which there aren't). I already have all 493 so I'll probably wait until 5th generation to care about getting more.
TheRapingDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:27 AM   #57
dean_machine
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I'm bumping this because it's close the the release of the game in the U.S., which is tomorrow (22nd of March).

I haven't looked at all what's new in the game to try to make myself surprised by all the new bits. I hope there are some new music and also more red/blue and gold/silver pokemon in platinum.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:38 AM   #58
NFD
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to NFD

It's going to be amazingtasticle.
Old 03-21-2009, 01:05 AM   #59
BabyViperx3
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to BabyViperx3

I reserved my copy already and I received my Giratina figurine (:
BabyViperx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 02:28 AM   #60
x After Dawn x
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I got the game 3 days before it came out in Japan, which was over 6 months ago. >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjafury View Post
I've already beaten Platinum in Japanese, I'm just waiting for the American one to come out. Dialga and Palkia are such a joke to catch in Platinum, I got them both first Dusk ball I used.
Um, their catch rate is exactly the same as in Diamond and Pearl. They're the easiest legendaries to catch in any game. I caught them both on my first tries with 1 ball each. Same thing in Diamond and Pearl.
Drink for forget you are retard and this bring you more retard.
Just take nicotine patch lol
x After Dawn x is offline   Reply With Quote