WC3 is way better than SC...WC3 required 10x more strategy than Starcraft
Old 02-13-2004, 07:02 PM   #42
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Privateer
I agree with every word Reach said, minus the "cultures are cheap as hell" part. :P
i said vultures...did I not?

But they are cheap as hell. Do the math. They cost less than half a dragoon not including gas, and if you micro properly with mines, 1 vulture can take a goon. And toss almost always goes goon against terran, they have to tech quickly, because terran players ALWAYS block and tech to the structure that builds tanks ect...unless ur againsts one of those maniacs that trys the good ol bunker push rush
Old 02-13-2004, 07:28 PM   #43
Musical_Master
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Musical_Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Privateer
I agree with every word Reach said, minus the "cultures are cheap as hell" part. :P
i said vultures...did I not?

But they are cheap as hell. Do the math. They cost less than half a dragoon not including gas, and if you micro properly with mines, 1 vulture can take a goon. And toss almost always goes goon against terran, they have to tech quickly, because terran players ALWAYS block and tech to the structure that builds tanks ect...unless ur againsts one of those maniacs that trys the good ol bunker push rush
Reach wins....that is a good stratagy...i should try that. I played this one guy...he mass produced wraiths. I had Battlecrusiers and it really sucked for me because he had like 10 billion missile tower things and his wraiths had cloaking ability so I couldn't attack them. I ended up losing XD.
Old 02-13-2004, 07:43 PM   #44
fireisfun337
FFR Player

definetly get starcraft (get the battlechest w/ broodwar as well) its better than alot of pc games (i am VERY disappointed at wc3)
fireisfun337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 07:45 PM   #45
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

I know all the good strats...

mass wraiths? wow...

your problem is simple. You LET HIM get those wraiths. The key to winning the game is to keep your opponient busy. Don't play those 'no rush 20' games. You'll NEVER get better. Rushing is a key part of the game. A good attack early on is necessary...or atleast something to keep them busy.

Plus, you always want to be observing them. YOu can't beat what you can't see...now, if you know what they're going to do, how can you lose?

Thats why there are elite players. Some people are just so amazingly good, they can predict what someone is going to do next. Either that, or they set the person up in a way that FORCES them to do something, which they know will happen, and they counter it. But yea... the best player is ALWAYS the most unpredictable.
Old 02-13-2004, 10:29 PM   #46
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Anticrombie0909

Quote:
especially since marines are raped like the holy #$#ing negro vs goons, and it takes like 25 marines to kill a single zerg lurker...plus tanks can blow them away like ants if they're in seige.

I usually just mass tanks and or with goliaths if im terran. Nothing can really stop that combo...unless they're coming onto me hard...ill usually mass vultures. Vultures will $*%# up protoss, especially with mines...they have no choice but to retreat because vultures are cheap as hell, and they're gonna get #$#ing murdered resource wise and lose quickly.
Teh wrong. Marines may be weak, but in the masses they destroy everything. Tanks are only good in seige mode. And an interesting glitch in the game design- although a tank in seige mode is supposed to be able to do 70 damage (un-upgraded), it can't kill a marine in one hit. Try it sometime. Beyond that, tanks are weak, they're very easy to kill for their firepower. Goliaths are a support unit ONLY. They get swarmed very easily, as six zerglings can take out a goliath (or four marines). And Vultures are pretty bad as well...their slow rate of fire and inability to attack air make them more trouble then they're worth. Come on, Reach!
Anticrombie0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 12:12 AM   #47
scorpio1690
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to scorpio1690 Send a message via MSN to scorpio1690

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticrombie0909
Quote:
especially since marines are raped like the holy #$#ing negro vs goons, and it takes like 25 marines to kill a single zerg lurker...plus tanks can blow them away like ants if they're in seige.

I usually just mass tanks and or with goliaths if im terran. Nothing can really stop that combo...unless they're coming onto me hard...ill usually mass vultures. Vultures will $*%# up protoss, especially with mines...they have no choice but to retreat because vultures are cheap as hell, and they're gonna get #$#ing murdered resource wise and lose quickly.
Teh wrong. Marines may be weak, but in the masses they destroy everything. Tanks are only good in seige mode. And an interesting glitch in the game design- although a tank in seige mode is supposed to be able to do 70 damage (un-upgraded), it can't kill a marine in one hit. Try it sometime. Beyond that, tanks are weak, they're very easy to kill for their firepower. Goliaths are a support unit ONLY. They get swarmed very easily, as six zerglings can take out a goliath (or four marines). And Vultures are pretty bad as well...their slow rate of fire and inability to attack air make them more trouble then they're worth. Come on, Reach!

T3h ultimate r4pe j00 plan.

List:

Carrier
Carrier
Carrier
Carrier
Carrier
Carrier
Carrier
Carrier
Carrier
Carrier
Carrier
Arbiter

T3h cloakage.

All upgrades.
scorpio1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 07:12 AM   #48
Musical_Master
FFR Player

Scorpio Wins....

and I got it today so look for me. If you still play it, that it.
Old 02-14-2004, 07:40 AM   #49
Privateer
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Privateer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musical_Master
Reach wins
I agreed with him...

Reach is right about everything so far. The reason I said vultures aren't cheap is because EVERYTHING isn't cheap in a game unless its cheating. I hate when I get a ring out vs. someone in SC2 and they're like, "that's so cheap." It's not, it's part of the fucking game.

Reach knows what he's talking about. Anti you suck.
Old 02-14-2004, 08:12 AM   #50
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

No, anti. With a little bit of micro I could take your 200 marines with only 30-40 tanks. Its called splash damage, genius. You don't stand a chance in hell. Besides, i would have wrecked you before you could make that many anyway.

Vultures suck? What are you smoking? Especially vs toss...i can wreck almost any toss player by massing vultures while setting up a tank push. Mines fuck toss up, badly. They can't do shit. It wastes their resources and units quickly.

Second of all, I don't use that strat vs zerg really...vs zerg alot of marines, medics. Tank backup...but yea, you'd be surprised how good mass goliaths vs zerg can be. But only late game, i usually just try and control the zerg early on, cause most fast exp and setup a bunch of sunken colonies..which wreck rines without tanks.

Carriers? Are you nuts?

First off, I'll kill you ages before your even starting to make carriers, especially if you're trying to mass them.

Second off, they're only good in late game if you can't kill them, and usually in numbers of 4-5. Even on a money map, What the fuck are you gonna do with 25 carriers? Only a noob would lose to that. I could fucking wreck you with like 10 templars, mass goliaths would wreck you too. And zerg could easily max 200/200 in hydras before you could get that many carriers anyway...so you lose.
Old 02-14-2004, 08:14 AM   #51
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Quote:
Reach is right about everything so far. The reason I said vultures aren't cheap is because EVERYTHING isn't cheap in a game unless its cheating. I hate when I get a ring out vs. someone in SC2 and they're like, "that's so cheap." It's not, it's part of the fucking game.
Wtf does SC2 have to do with Starcraft? Oh, and Vultures arn't cheap, they suck. I'm sorry. Mass anything will work, technically, but mass vultures....argh, there's just so many more powerful and efficient units you could use. Plus, if you get a team of Wraiths up there you'e all screwed.
Old 02-14-2004, 08:19 AM   #52
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

You don't get the vulture technique vs toss, anti.

Mines.

Are the key. What don;t you get? I can make vultures insanely fast, they're insanely cheap, and a vulture can easily take a goon with mines, and micro, which i explained in my previous post. Toss's only chance against this kind of technique would be a retreat, and usually go for templars, because they'll ruin vultures.
Old 02-14-2004, 08:23 AM   #53
Privateer
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Privateer

I was just telling Reach why I said vultures aren't cheap, or something.

Wow, you guys have no idea what you're talking about. It seems like everyone here but Reach plays comp stomps, nr 20+, or just money maps, because you are all noobs.
Old 02-14-2004, 08:26 AM   #54
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Comp stomps, rofl.

I like Lost temple...the hunters...other non gay maps. Usually 1v1, or 2v2. Anymore and you get ******s that do stupid shit.
Old 02-14-2004, 09:15 AM   #55
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Lost Temple is probably my favorite map, actually, and The Hunters is a good one as well...anyway, Reach, I got one word for your 'mass vultures' strategy:

Carriers. And don't talk to me about the technology, it's easy to get Carriers fairly fast, and a lot of them. Plus, Vultures only have three mines each, so you have to keep replacing them. So basically, your 'mines' defence requires you to constantly tend to it, meaning you're running a defensive strategy and will ultimately end up boxing yourself in your base with no minerals while everyone else is expanding. Liek woa.
Old 02-14-2004, 11:05 AM   #56
ZEROED
FFR Player

vultures kikass in early-mid game, i usually(almost always) go vulture with mines and tanks, vessel, works fine, eventually going gols in place of vult

carriers are a bit risky, they work ok gainst zerg, unless its a good player, with defiler (swarm) and hydra, baked up wit scourge or dev

gainst terran, they die pretty fast, gols, wriaths, even mass marines and medics (its able to kill interceptors pretty quik)

gainst toss (high templar storm)
ZEROED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 12:43 PM   #57
Musical_Master
FFR Player

So..you use terran I am guessing. Which is better terran or protoss? I have been using protoss and I think they are stronger, but they cost more.
Old 02-14-2004, 12:48 PM   #58
fusi0n
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to fusi0n

SC is soo easy... you cant micro in SC

warcraft takes tons of mirco, items, heroes, creeping, etc. its way more in depth and if u play it for a while you'll appreciate it

i'm not saying SC sucks, i like it a lot, i just think WC3 is better and is more skill based
fusi0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 12:55 PM   #59
ZEROED
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musical_Master
So..you use terran I am guessing. Which is better terran or protoss? I have been using protoss and I think they are stronger, but they cost more.
actually terran is my weakest race, i think my best race is protoss, than zerg

personally i like protoss more than terran because of high templar, storm is the best spell ever

however many people think terran is hard to stop just because of terran tanks, marine/medic strat. However there are many ways to counter if u quik enough. for zerg (lurker, mixed in with hydra, ling) (ultralisk, ling) (guardians)

Protoss (enough zealots will do, since they hard to kill) (storm too)
ZEROED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 07:29 PM   #60
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Anti, I already proved every flaw in carriers in my preious post.

And its not a ''MASS VULT'' strat...its not supost to end the game. Its used to put the toss at a disadvantage early game so you can control the map

You see, once i gain control of 2 expo's or so, while you are still blocked into your base, i am then mining minerals 6 times faster than you. The game will end, because i can then mass tanks and goliaths, and you do not stand a chance.

Trust me, if im coming onto you with vults.

1. you will not have time for carriers. Go watch some reps of Grrrr... playing terran. he'll probably lose...usually cause he trys to go carriers, and they run his ass over before he can get them.
2. I'd obviously see your carriers coming, so i could counter.
3. you're not going to get them in early game, unless its a money map, so I don't have to worry.