Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-7-2008, 06:37 AM   #1
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr
Default The Werewolf Game Potential Ideas Thread

Before anyone says this is stupid, I talked with Manti about it and he liked the idea.

***This is a thread which's sole purpose is to formulate ideas and theories on what the public TWG players would like to see. It's for upcoming hosts to put ideas out and see what people like and don't like. Check the balance issues, role technicalities, game flaws, perfections, likes and dislikes, of the ideas people have***.

The Rules of this thread

Nobody, I repeat, nobody, is aloud to steal ideas from another player. Doing so will result in TWC action. You can make ideas of others, but unless they discard their ideas or use them, or you have their permission, DO NOT use others ideas.

[coor=green] *Manti edit* size 5 will siffice [/color]

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite-
More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

Last edited by DarkManticoreX2; 07-7-2008 at 03:06 PM..
rzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-7-2008, 06:55 AM   #2
hoochan
woah shrooms
FFR Veteran

Default Re: The Werewolf Game Potential Ideas Thread

I'm possibly holding a Heroes themed TWG in the near future. I don't know if I want more roles or not, though.

16 players?

Seer - Peter because no one else can do anything remotely close and he can do anything

Guard - Claire because she can't die

Psychic - Isaac

Ress - Hiro (has the power to resurrect 1 person during the game and gets a riddle to one of the wolves names or possibly can trade the life of 1 person for another)

MW - Sylar because he blends in with the humans

Wolves -
Linderman (healing power/connections so he could be wolf res, vigi, or seer),
Matt's dad (has the power to lock someone inside their mind so brutal wolf?),
takesho kensei (sp?) (has the ability to be exonerated from a death) yes i know that it will be painstakingly obvious that hell be wolf but that would give him 1 extra night/day to do his bidding

Humans-random heroes with powers that don't really work

Last edited by hoochan; 07-7-2008 at 07:10 AM..
hoochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-7-2008, 07:00 AM   #3
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr
Arrow Re: The Werewolf Game Potential Ideas Thread

I really like your idea of trading lives.

Quote:
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

Last edited by rzr; 07-7-2008 at 07:15 AM..
Old 07-7-2008, 07:11 AM   #4
rzr
TWG Veteran

Here's some roles I got after searching:

The Undead - When wolfed comes back as a wolf. This would be an awesome idea in coordination with a medic or spirit.

The God - Knows everyone's role. This is a neutral player. In order to win, they must successfully predict the order of lynchings and/or wolfings.

The Vigilante - A human who kills at night.

Terrorist - A wolf who picks someone to kill. The draw back is that they must also die.

Stripper - Picks a player to block the action of.

Coroner - A card flipper. After a certain phase they tell me who to card flip.

Framer - tells me to make a certain player seep as a certain color.

Jekyll and Hyde - Two players pitted against each other and aren't aloud to kill each other but know each others role. Like two humans who need to get the other killed.

The Saint - A human who if lynched the first person to have condemned, or voted for them dies.

The Fire Wolf - A wolf who permanently strips an individual of their power.

The Silver Wolf - A wolf who temporarily strips a player of their power.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-7-2008, 07:23 AM   #5
hoochan
woah shrooms
FFR Veteran

the terrorist is ****ing hilarious lmfao
Old 07-7-2008, 08:41 AM   #6
GamerShadow
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GamerShadow

TWG: The Hundred Years War

Backstory: The humans are fed up with this crap. Who do these wolves think they are, rampaging around THEIR villages and murdering THEIR people? Well, the humans have had enough. The ultimate minds have come together to devise a way to finish off those damned wolves once and for all.

However, the wolves are always one step ahead. They too have collaborated with one another to plot the humans final downfall. This is the war to end it all, the war that will finally decide who lives and who dies.

Special Events: This game will span "multiple generations", with each new generation seeing more and more advanced units. Thirteen people start the game. Each phase after night 2, two players will join the game until there are no more players left to send in. Their roles will not be revealed to anybody but themselves. I will simply announce the names of the players who are entering.

The player setup is as follows:

15 player minimum; 19 player maximum

Roles in Generation One:
7 Humans

3 Special Humans
1 Seer
1 Guardian
1 Psychic

3 Wolves
1 Wolf Seer
2 Wolves

Subsequent Generation Roles:
1 Hunter- If wolfed, 50% chance that a random wolf will die on the same night. Seers green to humans, blue to wolves.

1 Wolf Tamer- Cannot be wolved, but seers red to human seer, and any day votes towards this person count one and a half times. (ie: If three people vote for this person, they have 4.5 votes instead of 3.) Seers Green to wolf seer.

1 Soulmaster- Can revive a player each night, but must take the life of another green or blue in order to do so. If the Soulmaster selects a wolf to sacrifice, the Soulmaster themselves will be sacrificed instead Seers blue to all seers.

1 Ninja- Can vote to kill any one player each night. If seered, a different player will be seered instead, at random.

2 Wolf Spies- Once per game, the player may PM the host requesting the role of one player. There is a 100% chance that the role returns correctly. Seers green to Human Seer and red to Wolf Seer (Does this even need to be said?).

Notes: I discussed this with Manti and he told me to remove the MW, to keep it as close to the 4:1 ratio as possible. This is the result.

Also, everybody has been confused by the whole "subsequent generations" business, which I don't understand. It's a very simple concept, some people start playing right away, others have to wait a bit before joining.

Last edited by GamerShadow; 07-7-2008 at 09:02 AM..
GamerShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-7-2008, 11:09 AM   #7
travman301
#swagdog
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to travman301

I really like the idea behind this thread rzr, but shrink the font size.
travman301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-7-2008, 05:15 PM   #8
hoochan
woah shrooms
FFR Veteran

Also, what happens if we take their idea and give them credit for it but we didn't ask them for it?
Old 07-7-2008, 06:37 PM   #9
GamerShadow
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoochan View Post
Also, what happens if we take their idea and give them credit for it but we didn't ask them for it?
That might not go too well with some people, others would be completely fine with it. I wouldn't risk it, but I am not you.
Old 07-7-2008, 07:18 PM   #10
rzr
TWG Veteran

And that's why we play it on the safe side.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-7-2008, 08:23 PM   #11
LifeVirus7
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to LifeVirus7

Only one thing I have to say about the rule about no stealing others ideas is that they might not be the only who thought of that role. For the game I was planning, there was a role that performed just like the stripper you mentioned, but I didn't steal it from you since this thread wasn't even made last month. I've seen the Vigilante in another game on another site than FFR, so that idea isn't just yours. I know you mean good by saying there's to be no stealing, but some others might have thought of them but not said em.

I'd post my ideas, but kinda wanting to keep the roles secret till I ever host.

BTW, it's spelled allowed, not aloud
Old 07-9-2008, 12:44 AM   #12
rzr
TWG Veteran

I don't feel like finding the post, but, if I didn't write it I did the first time I made the thread. I searched for those roles in other places, those ten came from the site from Princeton. I manipulated them better to fit both, the fact that we play online as opposed to real life, and our environment.

Back on track: I've been working on an idea for a while now, but can't really think of any way to work on it. I could use some help:

A game with two hosts, that are pitted against each other. I thought a few different aspects, like one being a wolf; the other a human, one where they get half the players and then choose who gets what role on their own, like an army. Etc.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-9-2008, 08:45 AM   #13
GamerShadow
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

A game with two hosts? It could go something like this:

Each host gets an even amount of players (If there is an odd amount of players, one person automatically gets the "God" role mentioned above.)

Then, the game begins. The host is trying to kill off the other host's players, but the wolves and the humans still want to win for themselves.

Thus if you had this situation:

Host 1: 2 wolves; 4 humans; and 1 blue

1 God (Watches the game and predicts what will happen.)

Host 2: 1 wolf; 4 humans; and 2 blues

The wolves can work together to defeat the humans, even if they belong to different hosts, as can the greens and blues. The hosts could trade players, or decide to ignore a lynching vote once per game and kill a player of their choosing.

The game would end when:

-One of the hosts loses all of their Original players. This makes it so that trades do not help in that regard, nor would simply giving a player to the other host.

-All of the humans or wolves die.

Actually, now that I think of it, it sounds rather complicated, and may be straying too far from the roots of TWG. It's an interesting concept, but I don't know if it could work without lots of development and highly skilled hosts.
Old 07-9-2008, 09:06 AM   #14
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction

my brain hurts
FictionJunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-9-2008, 10:39 AM   #15
rzr
TWG Veteran

High skilled host, you say?

After reading your idea I thought about it and manipulated it little (hypothetically):

16 players.
Each host gets 8 players.
Each host is allowed 2 blues and 2 wolves, they may make the role any way they desire, as long as it falls under the rules (which will be set before the game)
-Each host is trying to get their team to win. The players know their host (I don't like this but it's the only way they can find out their role without the other host knowing)
-One host wins when all other teams player's are eliminated. The game does not stop, though. It continues for the sake of wolf/human victory as well.
-The game also does by default wolf/human victory. Which ever host has the most wins.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-9-2008, 10:48 AM   #16
GamerShadow
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I like the creation of custom roles. Just so long as it doesn't overpower the game in favor of the wolves or the humans too much.

However, I do not think 16 players would work due to the 4:1 human wolf ratio that keeps games in relative fairness. You would have a 3:1 if there were two wolves, and a 7:1 if there was only one wolf. The only remedy I can think of would be to have special wolves instead of normal ones. (AKA: Master Wolf/ Wolf Seer). Also, two blues + humans against two wolves? Sounds a little sketchy, but it could work.

Also, there should be two "locked players" that prevent having one side full of only humans and blues. Meaning that each side automatically gets one wolf each at minimum.

Also, how much host intervention would be allowed? Would they participate on the level of a player and be able to tell people roles that they find out from the other game? Or would they simply be able to throw in a lynch vote on the other team or something?
Old 07-9-2008, 11:04 AM   #17
rzr
TWG Veteran

No amount of host intervention seems fair, unless, we make the God this host we speak of and just change the original traits of its role.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-9-2008, 11:13 AM   #18
GamerShadow
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

So you mean keep the game under one host (The "god", which can easily be changed if I understand this correctly), but within that game have two other "hosts" that know the roles of their respective players? That sounds like a good idea.
Old 07-9-2008, 11:59 AM   #19
rzr
TWG Veteran

Which begs the question, what other roles shall go in it? I think... EPIPHANY! Lol, remember that Jekyll and Hyde role? That'd be another good one.

16 players.
8 players on 2 seperate sides. I decide who goes to which side. Each side has a god, who knows all roles. They have two wolves (because that's 4 total, which is 1/4 of the total). And... They pick their blue. Elemental, guardian, seer, psychic. I plan on changing the Elemental around, btw.
Then, the sides fight. The gods are fighting the other god. Jekyll and Hyde are fighting each other. The humans are fighting the woves. Etc. The game STOPS when either the wolves or the humans win. If Hyde dies, Jekyll wins (vice versa). Whichever god has the most players wins.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-10-2008, 09:36 PM   #20
rzr
TWG Veteran

Another idea I had was an FFR TWG Tournament. It'd get plenty of players, I suspect. In regards to the ideas, I need to work on them. Like, give out items for scores (scaled to fit all users playing level). I don't know...

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote: