Old 03-1-2016, 09:00 PM   #1
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Songs of the Week (Mar 1, 2016)

Welcome to the first Bi-Weekly Song Release for 2016. Bi-Weekly Songs of the Week has resumed and will occur at 10 PM EST every two weeks on Tuesday.

DRAGONLADY
Musician: Nankumo
Step Artist: hi19hi19
Song Genre: Dance 2
Style: Happy
Difficulty: 68
Song Length: 1:31

Pointless Fast Rap
Musician: Boyinaband
Step Artist: gameboy42690
Song Genre: Hip Hop
Style: Pointless Rap
Difficulty: 45
Song Length: 1:15
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-2-2016, 12:54 AM   #2
sickufully
Sir Krisk
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Songs of the Week (Mar 1, 2016)

Glad to see this return, always hyped for new files

Also, Pointless Fast Rap doesn't seem much of a 45, more a 39-41.
Old 03-2-2016, 11:54 AM   #3
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I agree with sickufully. Pointless Rap Battle is very straightforward, there's nearly no one-handed patterns and that may make it slightly easier than the difficulty intended. I did see a small difficulty spike at the end so 41 is mostly likely fine.

I also think Dragonlady is really hard because of these [23][23][14][14][23][23][14][14] patterns, but I feel like I'm biased on them because it's one of my weaknesses. I want to wait a little and see how the leaderboard evolve before saying something about it. I estimate the difficulty to be around 73-75 range which would be a huge bump. I'd like to hear more feedback and I'd prefer if the difficulty is not changed yet.

Last edited by Hakulyte; 03-2-2016 at 12:00 PM..
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-2-2016, 02:14 PM   #4
SuperNOVA Gian
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Pointless Fast Rap is way easier than a 45. DRAGONLADY is wayy too hard for a 68 it should be 70+
Old 03-2-2016, 03:53 PM   #5
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

pretty sure those [23][23][14][14][23][23][14][14] were asked to be toned down by judges lol oops

thinking of a song like AIM anthem or club with some nasty jacks, the pattern can easily be fluked. don't think it needs to be bumped up really

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

Last edited by YoshL; 03-2-2016 at 03:55 PM..
YoshL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-2-2016, 07:11 PM   #6
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
pretty sure those [23][23][14][14][23][23][14][14] were asked to be toned down by judges lol oops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Comments View Post
YES. FFR can always use some more jack-heavy files, and this one's pretty fun too! The jacks fit the song perfectly!
I think the file plays really well as it is [...]
I don’t have much else to add, this file was crafted nicely.
Way to pull baseless accusations out of your ass lol oops

hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-2-2016, 07:32 PM   #7
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
Way to pull baseless accusations out of your ass lol oops
I really appreciate your tone, I'm basing my comments off of talking with someone who did judge the file (and apparantly something happened where the judgement didn't go through or something confusing)

sorry for the misunderstanding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
YoshL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-2-2016, 07:36 PM   #8
Gradiant
FFR's Resident Trashpanda
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I had these when the file was in set 6 because of a screw up with the sets, they were removed for some reason when the notes for the rest of the files in that set were finalized:

[8/10] DRAGONLADY {Nankumo}

-Nice song choice and neat little jacking file, just a couple things that stand out to me

-I like the grey colorization for the sound that happens at spots like 4.523s, but I think jumps are better to accentuate the sound than hands (hands seem a bit excessive since the sound happens multiple times throughout)

-The two notes at 5.215 and 5.315s should be switched to follow the pitches of the melody. All other instances of that in the intro already have the first higher note on the right side and second lower note on the left

-8.515 through 27.715s is a bit repetitive since you basically have it in 4 sections where you have the minijacks on [3] then switch to [2] and then repeat both. You could have the minijacks at 9.515 and 11.115s on [4] instead so you’re still hitting them on the righthand but they alternate, and same with the next part, putting the minijacks at 12.715 on [1] instead of [2] so you’re still hitting them on the lefthand. Jumps could be changed to like what you have already so the notes in the jump aren’t the same as the ones used in your minijacks.

-Vocal sample section’s pretty fun, could maybe color the notes here like you did with the grey hands, but it’s not necessary

-Alternating jumpjacks at 39.715s are a bit of a difficulty spike compared to the minijacks in the rest of the file. Changing to [12][34] instead of [14][23] would make the difficulty more consistent. What you have at parts like 58.915s with the jumptrill instead of the jacks is fine though

-Like the jumps to the ‘woo’s’ in 53.715 through 65.315s but it feels slightly empty since it’s closer to the end of the song and could be a sort of climax. Adding jumps to the driving bass drum like you have in the rest of the file would help with this.

File's fun either way, but that section that happens is really spikey and warrants a bump up in difficulty.
Gradiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-2-2016, 08:25 PM   #9
Azpb Djbread
FFR Player

I Would truly love to put my music into this game, but i have no experience with stepfiles or batch files/engines, can someone help?

My youtube channel is: Azpb Djbread

You have my full permission to use my songs.
Azpb Djbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-3-2016, 12:51 AM   #10
hi19hi19
lol happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradiant View Post
I had these when the file was in set 6 because of a screw up with the sets, they were removed for some reason when the notes for the rest of the files in that set were finalized:

[8/10] DRAGONLADY {Nankumo}

-Nice song choice and neat little jacking file, just a couple things that stand out to me

-I like the grey colorization for the sound that happens at spots like 4.523s, but I think jumps are better to accentuate the sound than hands (hands seem a bit excessive since the sound happens multiple times throughout)

-The two notes at 5.215 and 5.315s should be switched to follow the pitches of the melody. All other instances of that in the intro already have the first higher note on the right side and second lower note on the left

-8.515 through 27.715s is a bit repetitive since you basically have it in 4 sections where you have the minijacks on [3] then switch to [2] and then repeat both. You could have the minijacks at 9.515 and 11.115s on [4] instead so you’re still hitting them on the righthand but they alternate, and same with the next part, putting the minijacks at 12.715 on [1] instead of [2] so you’re still hitting them on the lefthand. Jumps could be changed to like what you have already so the notes in the jump aren’t the same as the ones used in your minijacks.

-Vocal sample section’s pretty fun, could maybe color the notes here like you did with the grey hands, but it’s not necessary

-Alternating jumpjacks at 39.715s are a bit of a difficulty spike compared to the minijacks in the rest of the file. Changing to [12][34] instead of [14][23] would make the difficulty more consistent. What you have at parts like 58.915s with the jumptrill instead of the jacks is fine though

-Like the jumps to the ‘woo’s’ in 53.715 through 65.315s but it feels slightly empty since it’s closer to the end of the song and could be a sort of climax. Adding jumps to the driving bass drum like you have in the rest of the file would help with this.

File's fun either way, but that section that happens is really spikey and warrants a bump up in difficulty.
That's actually... really annoying that this review was removed.

I wouldn't have changed the jumpjacks even if I had seen this (I actually made the file with those split jumpjack sections in mind as the highlights, so I sorta feel like they're the soul of the file, so to speak) but your PR advice for the section at 5.215 seems like a good change. I wish I could have made it. Unfortunate.

Last edited by hi19hi19; 03-3-2016 at 12:53 AM..
Old 03-3-2016, 01:03 AM   #11
Gradiant
FFR's Resident Trashpanda
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Wish I had noticed they weren't there closer to when the notes were released. Difficulty really should be bumped up a bit though
Gradiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-3-2016, 08:20 AM   #12
Red Blaster
Bridge Burner
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickufully View Post
Pointless Fast Rap doesn't seem much of a 45, more a 39-41.
I agree. I got a blackflag on sightread and I certainly don't have any blackflags past the 40 mark, so I could definitely see this getting dropped a few levels in rating.

Dragonlady has some insane jack patterns in it, that's about all I'm qualified to give insight on lol..bit out of my range.

All in all cool files.
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
what's a milky christmas :O
Red Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-3-2016, 08:27 AM   #13
helphelp11
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickufully View Post
Glad to see this return, always hyped for new files

Also, Pointless Fast Rap doesn't seem much of a 45, more a 39-41.
Seconded, I sightread AAA'd it so I think it was placed high because of how the timing switches.

Highest AAA: Clockwork Gearman (45) (Sightread)
Highest SDG: Trobbel (56) (6-1-0-1)
Highest FC: Love Coloured Master Spark (LUV2 Remix) (65)

Highest AAA: Pointless Fast Rap (was 45) (Sightread)
Highest Blackflag: F (was 33) Well, this is awkward...
Highest SDG: Cheat Codes (was 55) (4-1-0-1)
Highest FC: We Killed The Rave (was 63)
2016-01-21 - Reached D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hateandhatred View Post
banned because michael phelps11!!11!!1!!!
helphelp11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-3-2016, 11:47 AM   #14
One Winged Angel
Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Sorry, I've been out of commission lately and didn't have time to rate these prior to release.

Yes I agree PFR could use a massive rating reduction both from a structural standpoint and given how short it is. DRAGONLADY could be bumped up a tinge for those spikier sections but anything breaching 72+ seems overcompensating for the spikes. I'll change both when I get home from work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
i want to be cucked by cirno
One Winged Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-3-2016, 12:18 PM   #15
woker-X
.... :.. .:. ::

Both files are really fun, but I agree with what has been said about the difficulties haha.
woker-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-3-2016, 02:08 PM   #16
smartdude1212
2 is poo
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
I wouldn't have changed the jumpjacks even if I had seen this (I actually made the file with those split jumpjack sections in mind as the highlights, so I sorta feel like they're the soul of the file, so to speak)
And I'm personally glad you would've stuck to your guns because watering files down in the names of [12] and [34] every time makes everything boring as fuck, especially if parts of the file don't need to be patterned that way (PR, etc.).
smartdude1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-5-2016, 06:59 PM   #17
axith
FFR Veteran
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

DRAGONLADY becomes more fun every time I play it. Thanks cornman.
axith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-6-2016, 12:15 AM   #18
hi19hi19
lol happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by axith View Post
DRAGONLADY becomes more fun every time I play it. Thanks cornman.
Glad you enjoy it.

Old 03-8-2016, 03:27 AM   #19
HeZe
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to HeZe

For me Dragonlady is like diff 84,

but hey who gives a shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
Your strengths and weaknesses may never change, but they will still get better as you do, albeit disproportionately of course. You're bad at jumpstream, so just play jumpstream files. Play them for hours. Play ones you have to struggle to SDG, and play ones hard enough to make your hands and arms burn. Then play them some more. Then, the day after the next, play them again. If you aren't already doing this, you can't say you're stuck. Plateauing doesn't really exist, if you aren't improving it means you haven't put in the effort needed to improve, or your effort has been misapplied. It's more of a problem at really high levels, but never totally concrete.
HeZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 01:13 AM   #20
ifeelit
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

My accuracy is horrible yet I still blackflagged Pointless Fast Rap first try. Personally I think the level should be more in the early 30s but that's just me, plus, I'm way to late on this thread anyways lol