Old 12-9-2016, 02:15 AM   #2121
FreezinIce
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
It's fucking retarded because wolves likely didn't pass AA up for that. Assuming AA was town and already lived to be scumread, why the FUCK kill him when you have Raeko?

All you did was create the need to backpeddle the nest day assuming you re telling the truth. Who benefits from? Fucking no one

Don't try big dick moves with a small penis, basically
Short answer is raeko wasn't directing lynches and had almost no presence in the thread. AA was scum hunting all the time which made him more dangerous in my opinion. So I thought he was the clear kill not raeko even if they both had the same overall town rating

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean
Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Ike View Post
SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED
Old 12-9-2016, 03:58 AM   #2122
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

@dAnce: From 2013+ games, not 2006. I haven't looked back and read the games at the dawn of FFRTWG yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadcop2 View Post
oh i HAVE to? i owe you something now?
You don't owe me anything at all. By signing up to this game, though, you did make a commitment to help your team win. If town, that does usually mean sharing your thoughts and providing your reasoning for em.
Quote:
nothing is "bothering" me about dfr, nor is anything looking towny to me. why would i take a side on him yet?
So nothing DFR has said or done this entire game so far has been alignment indicative for you?
That can't be true. He's definitely contributed enough to have several posts that make you lean him one way or another. If you're null on him, that's fine but a null would mean that the weight of the towny things he's said and the wolfy things he's said are equal in your mind. But to say that nothing he's said at all has looked towny or bothered/made you suspicious at all? Ehhh...

@Freezin, I mostly buy your claim. It makes sense to me, as he was really widely townread and in danger of an NK. That doesn't make you town, but it certainly doesn't look bad.

@MML I was leaning you town by tone, but you've done/said a couple of things to totally change that for me. Most notably, your posts following the Charu flip, here:
Quote:
So this is an interesting outcome.

Putting the miller think aside, I don't know why on earth Charu would be the target of any of the wolves. AA, ChoofRaeko and Haku are extremely townread for most of the village and were likely never going to get lynch. Charu on the other hand wasn't scum hunting as hard as he normally does and that gimmick was going to cause him problems down the road. Actually even if Charu didn't get lynched, the share whitenoise from the people bitching about him would have been excellent cover.

So why not someone more townread? Perhaps our most town-minded folk are actually wolves?
First off, speculation into NKs is almost always wifom. Wolves can kill anyone for any reason, and can even random it to throw off NK speculation. In this setup, because there is no wolfteam, the possiblity of a randkill only increases because wolves can't even coordinate the kill with each other. In the end, wolves are the only people who can plan ahead in trying to clear, frame, or push someone based on a kill, so town players shouldn't speculate unduly on an NK unless its brought up, much less make it the basis of a push.
You did the opposite of this, which is inherently bad (not scummy, just bad).
The way you followed up in your reactions and responses to AA, and in your fixation with a garbage push is what started to make me lean you scum.
After you and AA's argument ended, Freezin pushed on AA (apparently to prevent AA from entering the nightphase universally scumread)
Their resulting argument strengthened you enough to return to your push in a strange post where you said both that AA came out of it looking better than Freezin, but also that you liked Freezin's push and that AA was scummier.

Beyond that, your string of recent responses to Freezin is only causing me to strengthen my scumread, but now because of the level of certainty that you have that his push on AA played no part in wolves choices for the NK.

Like literally I can't tell if it's a dumbtell or not, because it looks like you're so focused on telling him his plan was "useless" that you don't realize you're contradicting yourself. You say, "Raeko's slot was about as confirmed as AA's was. With Raeko not being as near active as AA was and everyone already reading that slot pure (aside from me) I doubt you did anything close to saving AA". Implying that AA should've been the nightkill because their slots were as clear as each other but he was more active. Then, you follow up with: "It's fucking retarded because wolves likely didn't pass AA up for that. Assuming AA was town and already lived to be scumread, why the FUCK kill him when you have Raeko?". This second part is basically admitting that the reason AA (and me, since we're reaching the present) lived is partially because we "lived to be scumread", hence the kill on Raeko that you're talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
Old 12-9-2016, 04:01 AM   #2123
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Formatting on that is godawful, but I stepped away from the keyboard in the middle of rereading MML and almost fell asleep, so I figured I should come back and finish so as to not leave an incomplete train of thought overnight.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Old 12-9-2016, 04:12 AM   #2124
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

IRRELEVENT TO CURRENT GAME:
^for people ISOing in the future
Last thing before I sleep:

Quote:
But to add on: Shado's right.
It's hysterical tho because "knowing when to claim"probably would have helped in the FE game lol
Excuse me? Are you trying to say something here?
I don't want this to sidetrack anything in the current game, so I'll ask that you bring this up in postgame if you disagree, but I resent your implication that I mistimed my claim in that game. Any sooner, and I would've died without that last red result, and any later would have me in the mountains without service (or a claim) til EoD.

I'm critical enough of my own game to have outlined my bad plays in the FE postgame thread, and the timing on my claim was not one of them.
If you disagree, I would actually love your feedback in postgame on where you think I might've been able to improve.

I don't want to let this derail anything ongoing in this game, though, so I won't be responding to anything further along this topic until postgame.

G'night all

top scum currently MML+DFR

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-9-2016, 04:34 AM   #2125
danceflashrevo
scumfan is scared of aa
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
There's a perfectly good reason for this

The reason is shut up

That's the reason
opening my laptop this tab was open on chrome. funnily enough this quote was on the page it was on. i believe you freezin lmao

good night

Why are you here?
Old 12-9-2016, 09:58 AM   #2126
dadcop2
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
Fake soft claming IC as a VT is not a play that you should ever make if you want to follow your win condition fmpov.

I tried to be subtle last phase, but it feels like the others just didn't understand why I was town reading Storn. (even after pushing)

I can understand where you're coming from since you just entered the game, but that's how bad the last phase has been.

I didn't like the positive reaction from dadcop2/DFR on me trying to call out the IC, but I guess they're happy to know what's going on.

meh. I guess I should have waited longer. At same time, I didn't want the entire phase to be centered about "possibly lynching Storn".

Do you think there was a better play here?
i didn't agree with you in trying to get him to claim. i just thought it was an interesting idea that he might be ic
Old 12-9-2016, 10:01 AM   #2127
dadcop2
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
You don't ever discuss blues or your thoughts on who they might be until they out.
all the blues are dead though????????????????
Old 12-9-2016, 10:05 AM   #2128
dadcop2
FFR Player

Quote:
You don't owe me anything at all. By signing up to this game, though, you did make a commitment to help your team win. If town, that does usually mean sharing your thoughts and providing your reasoning for em.
my team? i have to just ASSUME you're on my team?
Old 12-9-2016, 01:08 PM   #2129
danceflashrevo
scumfan is scared of aa
FFR Veteran

Quote:
well.... innocent child could be referred to as a blue kinda. it's a special role, not just vanilla town.

Why are you here?
Old 12-9-2016, 02:08 PM   #2130
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Reread OP, they're not all dead.

Quote:
my team? i have to just ASSUME you're on my team?
Reread what you quoted, I didn't bring myself into it at all. You can assume whatever you want about me, just be willing to share your thoughts and reasoning, especially when prompted. That's how games get solved.

P. S. It's interesting that you quoted those two sections to huff and puff about them, but neatly ignored my point that we're too late in the game for you to honestly think DFR hasn't said/done anything alignment indicative.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-9-2016, 03:39 PM   #2131
dadcop2
FFR Player

Quote:
Reread OP, they're not all dead.

Reread what you quoted, I didn't bring myself into it at all. You can assume whatever you want about me, just be willing to share your thoughts and reasoning, especially when prompted. That's how games get solved.

P. S. It's interesting that you quoted those two sections to huff and puff about them, but neatly ignored my point that we're too late in the game for you to honestly think DFR hasn't said/done anything alignment indicative.
reread op, they are all dead. if you're calling ic blue then sure, but ic isn't blue in the op

i really haven't been paying attention to dfr tbh. if you want to try to convince me one way or the other, go ahead
Old 12-9-2016, 03:52 PM   #2132
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

@dadcop I know IC is colored green in OP, but the role is still blue.
Blue just means PR, and a PR is a role that isn't vanilla.
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Power_Role

I think it's colored that way in OP to differentiate PRs with night actions, but IC is still a PR, and therefore blue.

Either way, though, if you knew what I meant then what was your intended purpose in initially saying there were no blues?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-9-2016, 04:18 PM   #2133
storn42
RIP Storn D0-D0
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

[twgv]DFR[twgv] should be the next target.

and lets get back on track to hunting woofs and not to whether or not IC is a blue roll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
"I think storn is town but he doesn't have a shirt on" - Roundbox
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I have beat my meat to storn's posts no less than four times

Quote:

Old 12-9-2016, 04:19 PM   #2134
storn42
RIP Storn D0-D0

DFR should be the next target.

and lets get back on track to hunting woofs and not to whether or not IC is a blue roll.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Old 12-9-2016, 05:50 PM   #2135
FreezinIce
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by storn42 View Post

I agree that point is irrelevant but why dfr?

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean
Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Ike View Post
SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED
Old 12-9-2016, 05:54 PM   #2136
danceflashrevo
scumfan is scared of aa
FFR Veteran

Quote:
oh

Why are you here?
Old 12-9-2016, 05:54 PM   #2137
danceflashrevo
scumfan is scared of aa
FFR Veteran

i'm at a party so i'll be inactive until late tonight.

Why are you here?
Old 12-9-2016, 06:27 PM   #2138
storn42
RIP Storn D0-D0

Quote:
I agree that point is irrelevant but why dfr?
I got a good (or should I say bad) feeling about dfr and I posted my thoughts about it earlier in thread.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Old 12-9-2016, 08:28 PM   #2139
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
Short answer is raeko wasn't directing lynches and had almost no presence in the thread. AA was scum hunting all the time which made him more dangerous in my opinion. So I thought he was the clear kill not raeko even if they both had the same overall town rating
That logic only works if AA was making the right pushes.

Now granted I'm not saying I fared better (Oh shit Choof was actually VT) but Town's been wrong so far to the point that I kinda quasi-called AA out on it earlier when he mentioned his pushes ("I won't hold it against you if you don't brag about it"). Meanwhile Raeko is not only in a healthy slot but is inactive and has a habit of going under the radar, chances of anyone actually starting to read her scum or her mislynching enough times for people to get pissed basically do not exist.

I get that maybe the more people who scumread AA might make that a sweeter deal for wolves but I'm very doubtful that if one of them thought Charu was a decent target that they'd go for AA next, especially after AA living saw me calling him out on it right off the bat.

Although with the setup we have it's likely there was one wolf who entered his name and two that are just too new here to understand what they're doing, but I think that actually makes your plan worse if true.

This is, of course, assuming you're telling the truth and not trying to backpeddle.

Quote:

Like literally I can't tell if it's a dumbtell or not, because it looks like you're so focused on telling him his plan was "useless" that you don't realize you're contradicting yourself. You say, "Raeko's slot was about as confirmed as AA's was. With Raeko not being as near active as AA was and everyone already reading that slot pure (aside from me) I doubt you did anything close to saving AA". Implying that AA should've been the nightkill[1] because their slots were as clear as each other but he was more active. Then, you follow up with: "It's fucking retarded because wolves likely didn't pass AA up for that. Assuming AA was town and already lived to be scumread, why the FUCK kill him when you have Raeko?". This second part is basically admitting that the reason AA (and me, since we're reaching the present) lived is partially because we "lived to be scumread",[2] hence the kill on Raeko that you're talking about.
1-The implication is that Raeko would just continuously live forever under the radar and AA was making mislynches. Refer to my answer to Freezin above.

2-This doesn't contradict anything assuming you read point 1.

Quote:

You're going to have to explain that to me

Quote:
I got a good (or should I say bad) feeling about dfr and I posted my thoughts about it earlier in thread.
You're going to have to quote that for me.

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 12-9-2016, 08:32 PM   #2140
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

I feel that I may not be giving Shado a fair shake because he's in AA's slot and I was pretty sure AA gave me his scumtell.

Add to this that I constantly, constantly misread Shado and we probably get into a fight in every TWG game we've played in aside from Boats and even I think maybe I'm reading him wrong.

But you know, of course you think I'm scum for pushing on AA: he's your slot. I find it fitting that the rest of my game looks town to you until your slot comes into it then I'm scum. Even AA would not agree with that (didn't actually, he had me as town. awfully nice of him)

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Closed Thread