Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Batch Forum > FFR Songs and Artist Permissions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-6-2014, 04:41 PM   #61
ilikexd
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Serious Judging System Suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebirth0 View Post
If you seriously want me to, I could list some files. I haven't played a ton of the newest files, but I know some of them felt dumb. I could spend some time later to go over a lot of the files from the last year. It'll have to be later today or something since I'm about to leave.
I don't specifically disagree with you on that point -- of course there are some charts that you think felt dumb. And there are some I think as well, although keep in mind a lot of those thoughts are personal/subjective, and not reflecting of a broader opinion (hence the fact they were accepted into the game). That's always gonna happen. What I specifically mean is that the overall quality has been increasing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebirth0 View Post
I know some of the judges did the job like they should, and it is the personal failings of certain judges that blew this up. But it is also true that lowering the amount of submissions makes it even less likely for that to happen.
It's true, and there is some validity to your point, but I'd strongly argue with you insofar as the degree of influence that batch sizes have to do with laziness/failures; that is, I think there is a very similar chance of someone blowing it off and dropping the ball on 60 files than, say, 40 files. There is also the option to only judge half of a batch. FURTHER, keep in mind that the entire system is voluntary. If somebody is unmotivated, unwilling, whatever, they have the entire option to just not participate in judging with absolutely no repercussions. I don't agree with your idea that the problem is systematic; rather I think it's personal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i love you View Post
Just the miscommunication part and the part of me losing my notes and not saying anything about it until two weeks later. Not the batch as a whole. Every judge but one submitted their notes late. I just so happened to be called out for something I did wrong on my part.

Also, I had a good laugh at your "smugness" comment.
I didn't mean to imply that you were the sole cause. That's definitely not the case, and sorry if I made it seem that way. I mean what you did was a significant factor, though.
ilikexd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-6-2014, 05:20 PM   #62
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Serious Judging System Suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Halogen View Post
Batch periods are set bi-monthly, for SAP purposes. They wouldn't be expedited any faster than x files for every two months as SAP dictates, so it technically -would- slow down for the first few batches until people recover SAP. People are able to submit max files each batch because of how long the batches are taking to judge, which is a problem to be addressed.
Ah I was pointing out that smaller batches would cause less time spent judging and faster turnover, which is true, but you are right about the current implementation preventing an increase of files as a result. You'd have to revert to doing SAP per batch again instead of bimonthly, it's a good point.

Regardless it seems a good discussion has been started, so that's nice. I like the site a lot and I want to keep the game growing!

hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote