Old 12-2-2011, 12:13 AM   #4601
Findarian
Offical Best Poster 2012
FFR Veteran

Default Re: 6th Official FFR Tournament - Round 3 has started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninty64 View Post
lol, lighten up XD (at the first part I mean)

I agree with you that it would be nice to know that, but it's futile. It may 'solve' the problem of getting bumped up. But it'll create a crapload of new problems. So what's the point in spending time doing it? Especially since they're volunteers. It's not like anyone on this site gets paid. And it's not like you're paying for any services.

It's FREEEE <3
It would be nice to know, and everyone could keep a watch on them instead of just two people.

Probably a double post.. sry in adv

PARTY TIME IN TGB

Findarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-2-2011, 12:15 AM   #4602
iironiic
D6 FFR Legacy Player
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This is a perfectly fine viewpoint. And I've considered it... on the other hand, by the very nature of calling this a tournament, you are inviting the competitive aspect to come to the fore. And part of any competition is the assumption of a consistent playing field. People went into this tournament with a set group of divisions. They knew who they would be competing against, even if not everyone might have agreed with the placements. And to change that in the middle of the competition destroys a lot of the incentive behind competing- why bother to excel if all that gets you is arbitrarily moved to where you're bound to lose?
Valid point. What I am mainly trying to portray in my previous wall of text is not based on that issue itself, but the fact that people are solely competing for the prizes and not for the fun. It's okay to be competitive, but not to the extreme of forgetting that FFR is a game.

To resolve the issue you proposed, a one division tournament is appropriate. To give anyone the incentive of joining, I think the staff should reward an exclusive token with an amazing file just by submitting all scores for each round. More prizes can be given out to the winners of the tournament, and potentially other prizes like, "most improved" or "most dedicated", etc.
iironiic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-2-2011, 12:16 AM   #4603
Findarian
Offical Best Poster 2012
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post
I can see all the plays backend in the dashboard.
Please add that feature so everyone can see it, it would be absolutely awesome to see who is trying the hardest in each round =D

PARTY TIME IN TGB

Old 12-2-2011, 12:16 AM   #4604
ghount
Chief Brown Water
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXAll-ProXx View Post
LOL this happens to you too??, I get my best score on my first couple of tries then my scores keep getting worse and worse after that no matter how long I play the song for.
I usually play at school during the day on my laptop which I play terribly on so it throws me off then I come home and it's like the whole game is new again and I play well.
ghount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-2-2011, 12:20 AM   #4605
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findarian View Post
It would be nice to know, and everyone could keep a watch on them instead of just two people.

Probably a double post.. sry in adv
I should probably bring up that AJ is not a host here. The people I've been looking into most of all are the ones brought up by several other competitors. Like clipso has been brought up a few times and I've looks over the stats a few times but it's another tough call. Part of the issue is that people have different ways of placing people and may not understand how we did ours. I can definitely say clipso is borderline and I'm still very weary on it. I have my eye on some specific names that were unfamiliar and possibly fishy and I look into what's brought to me to look at. Again I do the best that I can with it but no matter what there is no perfection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
psychoangel691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-2-2011, 12:21 AM   #4606
Findarian
Offical Best Poster 2012
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iironiic View Post
people are solely competing for the prizes and not for the fun. It's okay to be competitive, but not to the extreme of forgetting that FFR is a game.
Just because it's a game doesn't mean that others shouldn't have the ability to take it as seriously as they want it to, or push themselves or just stay back relaxed.

I honestly hate it when "it's just a game" is said. Not everyone has that viewpoint and everyone's heard it a million times. If someone doesn't agree with it by now, they probably won't change because you say it again.

/rage

==

Other than that, I'm agreeing with hi19 in that no one should really be moved after the line is drawn. If someone is sandbagging, just remove them.. don't bump them up.

PARTY TIME IN TGB

Old 12-2-2011, 12:24 AM   #4607
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Quote:
Other than that, I'm agreeing with hi19 in that no one should really be moved after the line is drawn. If someone is sandbagging, just remove them.. don't bump them up.
Again there's no 100% way of proving this one way or the other.
Quote:
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:

Quote:
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
Old 12-2-2011, 12:25 AM   #4608
Findarian
Offical Best Poster 2012
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post
I should probably bring up that AJ is not a host here. The people I've been looking into most of all are the ones brought up by several other competitors.

Like clipso has been brought up a few times and I've looks over the stats a few times but it's another tough call. Part of the issue is that people have different ways of placing people and may not understand how we did ours. I can definitely say clipso is borderline and I'm still very weary on it.

I have my eye on some specific names that were unfamiliar and possibly fishy and I look into what's brought to me to look at. Again I do the best that I can with it but no matter what there is no perfection.
Reformatted because lol..

I understand where you're coming from in that there is no real winning.. but maybe there should be another thread and you post names of people that are borderline and sent to you so you aren't solely trying to do too much.

I would think that gets overwhelming after a bit, and you shouldn't have to do that by yourself, or even with only a handful of people. I'm sure many other people have valid input to each situation that comes up.

EDIT: To the below post

but if enough of those come up.. or if enough players think that they are, then something should be done about it. Either a decision one way or the other, and have everyone deal with it afterwards.

I always thought of only needing to make those kind of decisions if everyone was pretty split on the issue to begin with. Other than that, it seems like a lot of players would either lean one way or the other on placement issues.

PARTY TIME IN TGB

Last edited by Findarian; 12-2-2011 at 12:27 AM..
Old 12-2-2011, 12:28 AM   #4609
Zakvvv666
I catch fruit
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I would like to say I'm not mad about being moved up, because I do take it as a compliment but at the same time I am sad because I was looking forward to this for a while and have been training constantly because I'm sure the other high D3 players are doing the same and would certainly give me trouble and I was wanting to give it my all knowing I actually had a shot at victory, while as in D4, sure it's possible, but extremely unlikely, I can safely say some of those who were already eliminated are better than me and that alone scares me about D4. I'll still try, but I'm not expecting to place top 10 at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben_tate View Post
I'll bid a single erotic yet safe-for-work photo of me posing while wearing my Piplup hat while sucking on a blueberry lollipop with my mouth partially open so you can see the lollipop color to verify it's blueberryness.

Disclaimer: This photo is not guaranteed to cause pleasure.

Zakvvv666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-2-2011, 12:31 AM   #4610
Findarian
Offical Best Poster 2012
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakvvv666 View Post
I would like to say I'm not mad about being moved up, because I do take it as a compliment but at the same time I am sad because I was looking forward to this for a while and have been training constantly because I'm sure the other high D3 players are doing the same and would certainly give me trouble and I was wanting to give it my all knowing I actually had a shot at victory, while as in D4, sure it's possible, but extremely unlikely, I can safely say some of those who were already eliminated are better than me and that alone scares me about D4. I'll still try, but I'm not expecting to place top 10 at all.
I still disagree with you being moved just based on the fact other D3 players will probably catch up by next round to you.

Working hard shouldn't ever be punished.. and you playing last round for 400+ times *going from your quote* shows that you've dedicated a lot of time to improving.

That and I don't see you getting passed next round, and maybe not even this one with the current competition that's left.

PARTY TIME IN TGB

Old 12-2-2011, 12:33 AM   #4611
One Winged Angel
Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I'm willing to bet that most people are taking shit this far because of vrofl and the fact that it's offered to the top 8 of every division.

One potential solution I just came up with would be to create five more tokens and offering vrofl to top 8 of D1, vrofl + one additional token to D2, vrofl + two to D3, etc. Would eliminate a lot of sandbaggers assuming the reason they're holding themselves back is because of the token, plus it would motivate a shitton of players to improve so that they could maybe one day acquire the D6 token. You could even administer the D1-specific token to anyone that's D2 or higher, or the D1, D2, D3, and D4 tokens to anyone D5+, etc.

I dunno, people might not like this idea but I think it has the potential to solve some problems here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
i want to be cucked by cirno
One Winged Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-2-2011, 12:33 AM   #4612
The_Toymaker
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Look, you have a great chance at winning D4. You fluke GREAT runs, and I believe that strength has to be the best unless you're going against D6 esc people. You're going to make it far in D4, don't be discouraged. If it matters to you, then you can do it. There's nothing impossible about it. Work hard and you'll win, I honestly believe you can get top 8 in D4.
The_Toymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-2-2011, 12:33 AM   #4613
Zakvvv666
I catch fruit

Yeah, but oh well... at least I'll lose knowing I did the best I could.

EDIT: Just noticed the post before mine, thanks for the vote of confidence, but the top players of D4 out class me completely, my best runs come to around them, but they consistently do better so I have very little hope at matching them in the later rounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben_tate View Post
I'll bid a single erotic yet safe-for-work photo of me posing while wearing my Piplup hat while sucking on a blueberry lollipop with my mouth partially open so you can see the lollipop color to verify it's blueberryness.

Disclaimer: This photo is not guaranteed to cause pleasure.

Last edited by Zakvvv666; 12-2-2011 at 12:36 AM..
Zakvvv666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-2-2011, 12:36 AM   #4614
Ground_Breaker
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Ground_Breaker

Meanwhile, in divisions other than 3 and 4, not a single **** is being given.
Old 12-2-2011, 12:37 AM   #4615
FFR4EVA_00
FFR Player

Quote:
-Very inconsistant scores - getting 50-32-0-0, 40-29-0-0 and 6-0-0-0 on the same file in the same day as an example
so anyone who has crummy muscle memory and/or whores the shit out of a file to improve is "sandbagging"
gotcha
i imagine you wouldn't get along well with this guy

Quote:
Working hard shouldn't ever be punished.. and you playing last round for 400+ times *going from your quote* shows that you've dedicated a lot of time to improving.
...wait
Old 12-2-2011, 12:37 AM   #4616
The_Toymaker
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, but oh well... at least I'll lose knowing I did the best I could.

EDIT: Just noticed the post before mine, thanks for the vote of confidence, but the top players of D4 out class me completely, my best runs come to around them, but they consistently do better so I have very little hope at matching them in the later rounds.
You can skillboost. You have already, whore the songs and you'll get the AAA. You have the potential, don't give up. Believe in yourself, don't let this go to waste.
The_Toymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-2-2011, 12:41 AM   #4617
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Quote:
K I'll give my sob story now, I had to place myself in D4 knowing I had no shot whatsoever in even coming close to top 8. I want to try to train but I can't because I have no time to do so to even try to get better because I'm either too busy dealing with everyone else's problems in the tournament or other stuff on FFR, busy with my daughter, or just busy with life in general.

I don't even have a shot to truly try in this competition. But at least I am trying and I haven't been sitting here going I shouldn't be D4 I can't compare to people like hi19 or yo man im awesome or just a good majority of D4 in general. I managed to somehow survive the 1st two rounds of this thing which was a miracle.

Also you realize that you being bumped up to D4 is just more competition for me? So me moving you up hurt my chances, so that should show even more that I really feel like you should be here. Your 3 good score pushed the cut off up a good. So if I want any chance to stay in this round I have to drop 3 goods and 6 boo's. Which honestly I don't think I can do. But I'll keep trying till this round is done and hope that I get a miracle run.

Point is you aren't the only one in this that's an underdog. There are a lot of them, most of which will never say a word. They'll just play their best and either make it far or get knocked out. That's just how these tourneys are.
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Last edited by psychoangel691; 12-2-2011 at 12:43 AM..
Old 12-2-2011, 12:43 AM   #4618
sticklydude
r.i.p. tiny hippo

Send a message via Skype™ to sticklydude

Lol I remember when I was upset for being placed in D3.
Harder divisions help.
sticklydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-2-2011, 12:46 AM   #4619
Divinefury
FFR Player

meanwhile, in other divisions, lower tier players working their ass off to beat the cutoff...

Best AAA: Yoshi's Cookie, Famouz, the Dream of Scarlet, On Conquest and Capture
I need to play more..
Divinefury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-2-2011, 12:48 AM   #4620
Findarian
Offical Best Poster 2012
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFR4EVA_00 View Post
so anyone who has crummy muscle memory and/or whores the shit out of a file to improve is "sandbagging"
gotcha
i imagine you wouldn't get along well with this guy

...wait
Just thinking of ways to be able to catch them, obviously if that's what you're solely basing sandbagging off of, then you're probably wrong. Also I was referring to *doing D3 scores* - suddenly one is D4 -"doing D3 scores" - suddenly one is D4 etc.

also.. how would you catch sandbaggers?

PARTY TIME IN TGB