Old 04-21-2019, 11:08 PM   #1
Kinx
Replicaaaaaaaa!
FFR Simfile Author

Default [6k] Computer Blues - Meganeko

-/-/-/14/-
Raw NPS is 12.6. Fudged up for variety and pattern density.

Lots of charting gymnastics in this because I wanted to fit as much of the good stuff in the 6 columns I had to work with as I could manage. I sacrificed some technicality to create an illusion of continued PR during the 24ths and some of the ascending layered 16th scales. I messed around a bunch with these patterns and found a neat balance between playability and technicality that I could say that I was happy with. It could be a little difficult, but it's fair. Have an enjoy (!)

Last edited by Kinx; 04-21-2019 at 11:11 PM..
Kinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-8-2019, 12:35 PM   #2
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Default Re: [6k] Computer Blues - Meganeko

8/10

style criticism, not technical criticism:

generally speaking really fun and cool patterns, but I can't help but feel like you could make so much of the song "pop" if you had focused less on the percussion. feels like the percussion layering makes it a bit homogeneous. there are times where I just wanted to play the solo and i got like chordstreams, and it also made those sections feel like difficulty spikes compared to the rest of the chart

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music
stargroup100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-8-2019, 08:32 PM   #3
Kinx
Replicaaaaaaaa!
FFR Simfile Author

Stargroup, thanks for playing through my file! I agree with you on a lot of what you mentioned. While a lot of of the song did have several (or a lot lol) of the melodies that could be charted to emphasize them more, I had a chart with a certain difficulty in mind to keep the player engaged, which also meant that I ended up choosing to layer those similar song portions the way that I did. I did have a separate difficulty in mind which would’ve likely accomplished what you had mentioned, but I couldn’t muster the motivation to do it! I will keep what you said in mind for my future charts, however. Thanks for the useful feedback!

Last edited by Kinx; 05-8-2019 at 08:33 PM..
Old 05-8-2019, 10:26 PM   #4
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

lately ive been making multiple difficulties for my charts, and to maintain motivation to complete them, i try to make the hardest one first, and make a second one that is the most reasonable and closest in difficulty, so i have to make minimal changes. it's also way easier to remove notes than it is to add them. still not too late!

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music
stargroup100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-9-2019, 08:16 AM   #5
Kinx
Replicaaaaaaaa!
FFR Simfile Author

That’s the method I use, too! I’d take you up on that offer, except I just released a fully charted pack and need some down time... It’s good to know that there are others going out of their way to make simpler difficulties though.
Old 07-25-2019, 04:33 PM   #6
notmclaren
FFR Player

Just played this. My thoughts:

The song choice is great. The track oozes with character and is fun, upbeat, and catchy. Unfortunately the stepfile itself didn't take advantage of that and ended up feeling quite repetitive and sort of a chore to play through. You say that you did this to keep the chart at a certain difficulty, but I think there are ways you could have achieved that without sacrificing expression and fun.

Someone who was great at squeezing out the personality of a song was pfx13AE. Check out some of his stepfiles like Reversing Darts or Lawn Wake IV and IX to understand what I'm looking for/talking about.
notmclaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 08:23 PM   #7
536olo
FFR Player

It has a great variety of patterns and fitting to songs. amazing chart
536olo is offline   Reply With Quote