Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2015, 06:27 PM   #41
thesunfan
Role Tide
Sectional ModeratorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to thesunfan
Default Re: Final fantasy

I've only played X and X-2 so X is my favorite.
Its probably my favorite game and probably always will be cuz nostalgia.
Really surprised at the amount of people who have played almost every single one.
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
thesunfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 07:06 PM   #42
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

with the advent of emulators it's trivial to play FF1 - FFX-2
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 11:55 PM   #43
Chocille
FFR Player

Beat all the Final Fantasies except FF10-2, FF13-2, 13-3

My favorite is 6 because it's a legit dystopian setting which harbors realistic scenarios (as if our planet was nuked).
Plus Kefka is arguably the strongest villain in all of Final Fantasy anyways haha

Last edited by Chocille; 05-14-2015 at 11:55 PM..
Chocille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 06:39 AM   #44
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

playing ffxiv (almost) every day

Last edited by Coolboyrulez0; 05-15-2015 at 06:40 AM..
Coolboyrulez0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 07:26 AM   #45
TheRapingDragon
A car crash mind
FFR Veteran

I've played all the games in the main numbered series except the online ones (XI and XIV).

For sentimentality, I would choose VII as my favourite because it was the first one I played and I beat it around ten times. Even when I went back to it a few years ago when showing VII-X to my wife (because she hated watching XIII and I wanted to show her that Final Fantasy could actually be good), I still loved it. Everything from the stupidly over the top 'token black Mr T character' to the serious effort put into side quests and mini-games.

X or VI would be second and third, though I couldn't pick an order. IX after that, I got slightly addicted to the card game in it.

Least favourites would be X-2 (Charlie's Angels: FF edition), XIII (corridoooooooooooooooors x 250, but after 30 hours you get an open world what's your problem don't you like to work for your enjoyment?) and XII (horrible story, horrible characters, and gameplay best epitomised by the strategy guide for the optional super-boss: Set up your auto-combat gambits, run to the boss and...put down your controller. Just go away. Come back every so often, don't worry we'll tell you when you've beaten the monster and won the game.)
TheRapingDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 12:34 PM   #46
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Oh man, XII...

They really could've done something amazing with that game, I really do think that. It's just too bad the story was AIDS and focused on politics all the damn time.

I like XII for the settings and music, I mean seriously. I think the first area in the game being in Rabanastre was the best god damn thing when this game came out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 12:36 PM   #47
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Oh, and I like how people complain about the gambit system and how (easy or whatever) it is.

I didn't like it either, but let me ask you something. Have you played Dragon Age and liked it? If so, then that game USES THE SAME EXACT THING and people praise it for whatever the fuck reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:13 PM   #48
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolboyrulez0 View Post
playing ffxiv (almost) every day
What to do in that game once you reach max level and get geared enough to handle bosses on Extreme mode? The game to me was really fun to level up in, but the end-game made me quit. Good game otherwise if you got some friends who also play.

As for what's the best FF etc. I'd probably tag along with the FF6 crew. Liked Tactics too.

Played: 4,5,6,8,9,14 and Tactics.

ITT: They just keep making new Final Fantasy games that has a ton of potential, but somehow sort of fail somewhere. I hope they get it right one day, because it would be a pretty cool bandwagon to jump into if that happens.

Last edited by Hakulyte; 05-15-2015 at 01:17 PM..
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:31 PM   #49
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Honestly, I think the HD Remakes killed the legacy FFX had. I guess the same about X-2 even though it was bad, the HD Remake made it THAT much worse.

The cutscenes were the best part of the HD Remake, everything else imo was garbage.

_Zenith_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 06:14 PM   #50
Chocille
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
What to do in that game once you reach max level and get geared enough to handle bosses on Extreme mode? The game to me was really fun to level up in, but the end-game made me quit. Good game otherwise if you got some friends who also play.

As for what's the best FF etc. I'd probably tag along with the FF6 crew. Liked Tactics too.

ITT: They just keep making new Final Fantasy games that has a ton of potential, but somehow sort of fail somewhere. I hope they get it right one day, because it would be a pretty cool bandwagon to jump into if that happens.
FF6 was memorable.

Illumina was the greatest (pearl lyfe, unless you had Offering)

Tactics was broken for me because I abused Calculator to its fullest. Though you don't get it yet but having Orlandu wreck everyone end-game was pretty fun too.

Last edited by Chocille; 05-15-2015 at 06:15 PM..
Chocille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 06:44 PM   #51
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post

Ex Primals are relatively easy, at least with a premade.
Clear all the coils (t1-t5,t6-t9,t10-t13) then give savage second coil a go. [less than 2-3% of all players on EU / NA have cleared t13, savage coil even less]
Daily Expert Dungeon, The 3 24-mans and thats mainly it for PVE. (at least progression-wise: there are a shitton of other dungeons for you to run also)

Getting to ilvl 130 is pretty easy now which is the cap before heavensward.

Farm your Zeta, level your crafters to 4*, try big fishing, play golden saucer and farm 80 cards, farm pony drops from the primals, whatever you are into.

If you dont find anything to do that you enjoy then the game isn't for you -- i can do something different every day and still progress in coils with my static 3 times a week and have a blast.
[static = premade group of raiders]

Also huge expansion coming out in 1 month, hit me up if you play on cerberus.

Last edited by Coolboyrulez0; 05-15-2015 at 06:54 PM..
Coolboyrulez0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 04:50 PM   #52
Mourningfall
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

'Played Duscae last night and can finally say I'm excited for a current-gen title.

The atmosphere was good, combat system wasn't terrible (similar to TYPE-0) and the voice acting was excellent.
I don't hate any of the characters yet, which isn't something I've been able to say since the switch to 3d models.
Despite their defined personalities, the character aesthetics/designs are a little.... uninspired. Which isn't really a bad thing tbh
Oh and parrying is pr~obably (for me, at least) gonna get annoying late game, it just didn't feel as fluid and intuitive compared to other aspects of combat.
It's too soon to speak of story or gameplay mechanics since it's only a demo, but from what I experienced it feels like a step in the right direction.

I can't wait to see the final product.

Also, 1000th post

Last edited by Mourningfall; 05-17-2015 at 04:32 AM.. Reason: spinning leek
Mourningfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 01:27 PM   #53
craigr
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to craigr

My favourite was 9. The music was pretty awesome and the story was great too. Plus, I liked the AP battle system
Old 05-17-2015, 01:37 PM   #54
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigr View Post
My favourite was 9. The music was pretty awesome and the story was great too. Plus, I liked the AP battle system
I have 9 and I like it but I know it has quite a fair share of flaws like splitting the storyline per character along with others (I somewhat don't like the AP Battle System because some times it gets wonky and you'll just sit there while they get 4 attacks to your 1 each rotation).

I liked the way you had to have certain items to gain abilities, and then level it up using AP gathered from fights and then keeping them once they were max level. The card game was fun and the amount of secrets in the game kept it interesting.

_Zenith_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 01:35 AM   #55
TheRapingDragon
A car crash mind
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
but let me ask you something. Have you played Dragon Age and liked it?
Yes and yes. Though I never beat it. I have it on steam and plan on getting through it at some point when I have a spare 70 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
If so, then that game USES THE SAME EXACT THING and people praise it for whatever the fuck reason.
I tended to play it as a straight up real-time RPG, pausing as little as possible. I didn't play it for the combat, more the story, characters, quests etc. Still, you could never drop your controller and walk away from it. In FFXII you could set up gambits that played the game for you, in DA:O you had to keep stacking attacks, but I do see the comparisons.

Last edited by TheRapingDragon; 05-18-2015 at 01:35 AM..
TheRapingDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 07:46 PM   #56
iCeCuBEz v2
XFD
FFR Veteran

I thought that the GF/Magic junction system in ff8 was awesome ....

Dennis, Nell, Edna, Leon, Nedra, Anita, Rolf, Nora, Alice, Carol, Leo, Jane, Reed, Dena, Dale, Basil, Rae, Penny, Lana, Dave, Denny, Lena, Ida, Bernadette, Ben, Ray, Lila, Nina, Jo, Ira, Mara, Sara, Mario, Jan, Ina, Lily, Arne, Bette, Dan, Reba, Diane, Lynn, Ed, Eva, Dana, Lynne, Pearl, Isabel, Ada, Ned, Dee, Rena, Joel, Lora, Cecil, Aaron, Flora, Tina, Arden, Noel, and Ellen sinned.
iCeCuBEz v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 10:08 PM   #57
Red Blaster
Bridge Burner
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCeCuBEz v2 View Post
I thought that the GF/Magic junction system in ff8 was awesome ....
The card game was pretty cool too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
what's a milky christmas :O
Red Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 12:11 AM   #58
iCeCuBEz v2
XFD
FFR Veteran

you can play triple triad online they made cards for all the characters in all the other final fantasies too

Dennis, Nell, Edna, Leon, Nedra, Anita, Rolf, Nora, Alice, Carol, Leo, Jane, Reed, Dena, Dale, Basil, Rae, Penny, Lana, Dave, Denny, Lena, Ida, Bernadette, Ben, Ray, Lila, Nina, Jo, Ira, Mara, Sara, Mario, Jan, Ina, Lily, Arne, Bette, Dan, Reba, Diane, Lynn, Ed, Eva, Dana, Lynne, Pearl, Isabel, Ada, Ned, Dee, Rena, Joel, Lora, Cecil, Aaron, Flora, Tina, Arden, Noel, and Ellen sinned.
Old 05-31-2015, 12:16 AM   #59
Red Blaster
Bridge Burner
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

My life is lie for not knowing that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
what's a milky christmas :O
Red Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 02:19 PM   #60
iCeCuBEz v2
XFD
FFR Veteran

that game had so much strategy i wish they made a board game out of it.... just have like a deck of those and people draw the cards

then they could have sold trading cards..... fools

Last edited by iCeCuBEz v2; 05-31-2015 at 02:20 PM..