Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2020, 04:13 PM   #3981
TWG Punchy
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

(for the record, the order of players in my reads is completely random and just based off of the first time I noticed something to post about in that phase)
Old 03-20-2020, 04:16 PM   #3982
TWG Punchy
FFR Player

TANK
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Tank View Post
im not really feelin these claim plans
theres a lot of factors at play
village is already ahead, its legit d0 again w 1 less wolf
just feels risky when im not sure its needed
Not sure if I can say I dislike this because I still disagree with it. I don’t think our claiming to protect the blues really helped us out this game, so I’m just gonna scratch this, idk.

Quote:
hmmm
i kinda buy this more
After being AFK, returning to the Boomer/Dora stuff, he still focuses on the Julian read that Cherry put forth. His only response to the Dora/Boomer stuff was “spicy”.

Quote:
I def wanted to unvote boomer
piling on dora when she is top wagon halfway thru day is boring
chief needs to clear up his weird comments on zucker, i wanted to draw focus there
Hey, this is cool though. Knowing Dora isn’t a possible partner, this looks good. I’m sad I missed this post because I really like it! It shows that WIM spirit, but will tank have the WIM delivery?

Quote:
I still townlean Apollo
Big clown turnt actually caring
Think he's Del's top wolf tho
Tank/Apollo, phone it in if it’s a case.
Also, Tank didn’t have the WIM energy this phase. Weak!

PHIL
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Phil View Post
I'm thinking blocker claiming might be a good idea
I can't just ever imagine the wolves trying to kill Del last night
Still don’t like this though, lmao.

Quote:
These are the votes on Zucker, in order, at EOD

holy lack of justification

I know that it became supremely obvious that Zucker was dead once Del claimed, given there were no other counters, but aside from Dora and I, there's like, basically no reaction to the cop claim from Del, and normally, I would expect some people to have flipped their lid a bit more

Makes me think that there's just got to be at least one in the people like Boomer, Molly, Rolf and Chief (emphasis on Chief given he had a townread on Zucker earlier for, in my opinion, very little justification)
Early dissection of the wagon was nice; the inconsistencies with Chief is a good observation.

Quote:
Tank talked about how he "could go either way" between Mathilda and Zucker, and said that he thought he preferred to go for between those names, than go for Del

I think people pushing Julian today for outing the cop are probably doing it for bad, post-justification, reasons. I do think, however, that Julian has trended down a bit. I was basically in love with his posts yday, but the more I've read, the less I like his quips about looking at things in hindsight, if that makes any sense. I think the post where he begged people to lynch Del and just resolve Zucker some other way has to look bad, in the end. People pushing him for pushing Del are being stupid/wolfy though.

I think Rolf gets a singular cool point for saying people pushing Julian are doing it for bad reasons, but he's in the list of people who swapped to Zucker without saying anything, so I think that he's only a tiny bit ahead of the rest.
Phil visits the wagon again. This time I only highlighted a few of the parts of the post instead of the whole thing. It was pretty lengthy. I bring up the point where he gives Rolf cool points for bringing up the “anyone on the Julian hate train is sus” as a marker on a still-living player, same with calling Tank’s vote potentially bussy. I might have to agree with that point given what I highlighted on D0.

Quote:
I get that I'm the only person who understands mechanics on this site
but I have to put up with being the only person who understands mechanics on this site
and that's a real drag sometimes
Wow, presumptuous.

Quote:
while its on my mind, someone mentioned Chrissy as a new player that has townie tone

I kinda think this is more in line with wolfy for them (again, this is based on me being relatively sure who they are, less sure than on Eugene though)
This isn’t the first “I know who you are” meta post that Phil has made, but this one just stinks more than the others. Maybe I’m biased because I feel the same way about Eugene, but this one is just… eh. It feels weak.

CHERRY
I forget who said Cherry was boring D0, but I agree! D1 is better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Cherry View Post
hello yes i am awake and caught up what what

it's possible that vigi shot the vested wolf, which would further explain the lack of night kills

i'm undecided if it makes more sense for the acqui to do nothing vs take some over. there's not really much of a reason NOT to since it furthers their goal but they may have wanted to lay low for a while? there's also a very real possibility that they were one of the inactives
Thinking that the shot hit the vested wolf, and knowing what we know now about Dora/Boomer, I think this looks MAJOR hot for Cherry as a town. I mean yes, she could be lying and saying that just to cover, but I think her being the first one to propose this is thinking in a good headspace.

Quote:
i think you knew they were town (because you're a wolf) and even if i'm wrong, tunneling someone so hard that they claim cop on day fucking zero is not a good look
She’s the first to push extra hard on Julian aside from Agent S. Noted. Cherry spends most of this first part of the day theorycrafting what happened in the night.

Quote:
hey dora please explain this part of the wagonomics post what what

[ Flurry, Phil, Tank, Dora ]

obviously you clear yourself but why the brackets and zero explanation on these folks? i still very much dislike flurry, pretty much exactly for the reasons punchy does, tank is playing fuckin 4d chess and i don't know what his deal is, and phil is fine

i'd put money on dora having a vest, who the fuck would block boomer that night when he wasn't really on the radar yet. not voting just yet because i don't want to hammer and idk how many votes we're up to what what
After returning, Cherry is critical of what Dora is posted, painting them as anti-town. At this point, it seems like she’s probably convinced this is the vest wolf. This is consistent with earlier. Yes, they did say later that acq had the choice, but I still like this point being town points for her.

Not quoting for space (I’m already taking a mansion’s worth of posting here), but Cherry is also the first to really handle Tank. They end up townreading tank, so in the world where I’m wrong on Cherry, Tank could be an option? Maybe? Maybe I’m just reaching too much.

ROLF
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Rolf View Post
Julian still looking good to me, the vote on Del at the time was valid considering Del's play before the claim. The vote was switched off after the claim which doesn't lend itself to the 'tunneling' some players are accusing Julian of. Using the point that Del claimed PR to say that Julian's vote is worse now is pretty outrageous considering wolves also wouldn't know who's a PR or not. People going onto Julian because of this are trending downward for me as it seems to be the most basic surface-level attempt at trying to look like they're scum hunting.
Rolf takes a huge defense of Julian. This lines up with what he was saying at D0EOD when he pointed out my read on him and how it flipped his thinking of Del around. Not a pocket, I’d say.

AGENT S
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Agent S View Post
To expand upon the meta I've seen in the past in the way Julian was acting specifically nearing eod;

Julian was perfectly ready to back off of Del closing in on eod, and then Del called out Julian for the lazy amount of pressure they were putting on tons of players, and that if they aren't going to follow through, they should either not do it, or possibly be a wolf. And then took that as a threat so they continued pressure.

This is the one biggest example in Julian's post history that shows the flipping back & forth in what they want to do & how they want to exert pressure, but their entire post history coming into eod reeks of exerting pressure for reason to vote someone, and then taking their foot off the gas because of good reasoning or backlash, and then putting their foot on the gas again. When I asked where they were going with this, their arguments for why were just as flimsy.

I called them out, I got pressure put on me, had a good reason, backed off, and then threw shade again when I peace'd from the thread for 30mins. Like wtf what sort of town pulls that shit. This is prime wolf looking for lynch candidate at eod behavior, not town scum hunting/polling the masses for slips, especially with the reasons being so weak.

I made a large, thought-out post. Have at me, sidekick.
I think this post looks good, though. It’s still on Julian, but not much had happened that day at that point. Aside from the slips part (lol), this seems to me like Agent S is being authentic here. I don’t agree on the specific points since he was engaging other people on posts (myself included), but I believe that Agent S believed this at this point.

Quote:
My headspace right now is that Del, Punchy, Phil, Flurry, Fauna, and Eugene as town.

town leans are Chief, Cherry, Tank, and Dora.

Nulls are Apollo, Boomer, Molly, Maple (although slightly between null & town lean for me), and Chrissy.

wolf lean Mathilda pending on how the phase plays out (mostly inactive read based on previous day), Rolf for Julian interactions prior to eod.

Pretty sure I know who Julian is, and they were playing d0 like wolf without day chat.

Ideal world would be Julian is a wolf, and Rolf is assisting how they can, and the third wolf is somewhere between town leans and downwards. Although, nothing is ever white & black, it's always grey.
I think he missed Phil’s point calling his push on Julian bad, but he has him in his top town list here just behind me. It just seems like he’s just looking at Julian and anyone defending Julian is scummy.

Quote:
Still don't like the level of weak scum hunting that's going on. Still perceive it as looking for mislynch wagon candidates, despite the lynch being locked in for today.
Stillonjulian.mp3

Quote:
lots of reads
They did deliver on more reads than just Julian, so I’ll give them that. There are mostly town lean/nulls in here and really only two wolves on Julian and Rolf. The same two people as before.

Quote:
Despite that though, I think there is a really good town base that is going to be around for a while, as wolves attempt to clear out PR claims. I'm pretty happy with Eugene & Phil leading the charge on that.
Pledging that Eugene & Phil are big towns. This is another + read for Phil specifically, so I wonder if this pairs up with my earlier point. If Agent S flips red, Phil would be a good place to look IMO.

Quote:
Interesting to reflect on after this phase nearing the end.

Overall posting style up until this point (d0 -> early d1) has been pretty laid back, small chirping.

A lot of skirting along mid-d1, not really adding much to the meat of discussion.

Around mid-d1, after vigi claim, Apollo started to do some proper digging, and asking questions to get to conclusions, although it's very limited.

Find it slightly weird that Apollo held their vote until Molly (last person) said they weren't counterclaiming, but that's mostly a personal taste/bias on my end. It's not worth anything.

There really isn't much to delve on, unless you want to bring up something specific. I would place Apollo just a tad above Mathilda.
Looks like Agent S placed them just slightly above null, if I remember their reads correctly. They’re holding them in that liminal state. Potential partners, but I feel like this one is weak. I’m probably wrong here. If I had to say Agent S is wolf here, I’d currently pair them with Phil/Rolf for focusing Julian first. Julian flipping green might tempt them to change their mind on Rolf. I feel like this might have been a setup, but if you call me out on extrapolating here, it wouldn’t be a bad idea.

Quote:
I mentioned it a bit here and there earlier, but Apollo & Punchy both appeared to be contributing a fair amount. After my iso on Apollo though, and starting to look a bit into Punchy, I would definitely put Punchy higher up than Apollo.
Cute, he still likes me!

FLURRY
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Flurry View Post
Thunderdome me what what
I still hate this post.

Quote:
One day, maybe I will decide to care about looks.

I've been content with where the game is at and watching the others post is good enough for me even if it's "Flurry is trending down".
I didn’t really find any posts by Flurry that stood out for most of this day. There was the thunderdome thing, but most of the other posts they made were focused on mechanics and Dora stuff and things that I don’t really think add to solving the game at this juncture. Flurry has some mad confidence here not thinking they’d be lynched. They’re correct in hindsight, but man, this is some BIG confidence. I think not being defensive here is a nice look.

She does some tinfoiling and wagon hopping (Proposing a Eugene/Punchy/Julian wagon, lol, pretty confident this is all town with Eugene being the only one fmpov that can’t actually be “confirmed), but I think this can be attributed to them waiting for Dora’s flip, waiting where to go.

Quote:
I guess Julian is town for open wolfing with Punchy which makes Punchy town.

Really good at solving today.
Now I remember why I scumread Flurry at this point. There was a lot of this and not much else for game solving. I know I’ve been speaking lightly of them so far in this post, but this is just taking me back into that mindset.

APOLLO
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Apollo View Post
Hey those who town read me last phase why did you do it. I remember two people doing it I just don't remember who they were
This is an entrance? Sure, I guess it is. Looking back on it now, I still can’t tell his intentions behind asking this aside from the fact that they admitted they were phone posting. Maybe it’s just a symptom of that.

Quote:
Thoughts on everyone so far
01) Agent S I like
02) Apollo literally the best
03) Boomer ew I don't like
04) Cherry ???
05) Chief aggressively turns me on but in a weird not so good way but I think that's just how they rub people
06) Del I'm forced to like them
07) Dora ???
08) Dotty Chrissy I like
09) Fauna ????
10) Flurry meeehhh
11) Julian not a fan tbh
12) Maple like an angry lover
13) Mathilda ???
14) Melba Eugene I like you but I don't like you
15) Molly ???
16) Phil I like
17) Punchy ???
18) Rolf I like your avatar
19) Tank ???
20) Zucker ew literally one of the worst
He admitted to rereading EOD and ending up with this conclusion. Not much justification here, he just goes straight into Boomer. Kinda bad.

Quote:
I'm not taking my vote off of boomer yet
Gross! He knows it’s not EOD. I’ll look for more posts after this regarding Boomer, but this stanky.

Quote:
Do you believe boomer and if so why do you think you didn't die
This is @Dora. Obviously not partners, but he’s still not believing Boomer’s claim and thinks it was bad (not at EOD by Apollo’s logic).

Quote:
So cherry is maple the only person you're going to do that with
Conveniently ignores Cherry ISOing Tank. Noted!

Quote:
Anyone who immediately voted Dora after he claim is sketchy imo
What?
WHAT?
Hard claiming anti-town is some big dick energy if you’re town. This is just lame. I can’t see it any other way.

Quote:
Agent S - "Flurry I still think is quite town, despite dropping off of a bit from yesterday. I assume that the reason behind it because it's a bit open and shut situation for today."

I'm too lazy to edit the post on my phone but I don't think the reasoning behind this is good. If anything choosing to bounce because the lunch target is secured is sketchy at best
Negative read on Agent S. I think this is the first time they’re trending down. This is different from their no-reasons reads list that put Agent S at town. Considering this is malleable and Agent S is nowhere near the lynch pile, this could be good. Could be distancing, but we’ll see if there’s anything else. On the surface, I’m lean towards looking better for Apollo.

Quote:
Julian is it fair to say you have fauna as your top town for no real reason
Maybe destroys a potential link between Apollo/Fauna?

FAUNA
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Fauna View Post
I think you're letting these four (conveniently yourself) off the hook with this

Zucker is a good vote to make as a wolf prior to a tunnel. He is inactive, so not that helpful to a wolf team anyway, his actions were almost entirely NAI and if he does get voted off, he flips as wolf and suddenly you look a lot more towny.

If there is a wolf or more in those 4, I have no doubt they would have swung to someone else had he become active during eod
It’s impossible to make the case for the very last sentence here. Fauna is good to call out Phil for harping up their Zucker vote so much. Could be good on Fauna, could be distancing, only time will tell.

Quote:
Your progression was literally changing your vote from chief to zucker straight after realising that EoD was close. You gave the reason of Zucker having the least posts out of the 5+ posters.

Was there any other reason you were voting Zucker?
Or Fauna just didn’t do their homework. Phil pointed this out in the next post. And yes, Phil was indeed on top. Better for Phil, worse on Fauna for not doing their homework.

Quote:
Alrighty I’m out for the rest of the phase, Dora is still best lynch. I think everyone’s forgetting about matthilda, I plan to iso her during the night but somethings not right there. Hopefully the night actions give us a lot more to work with
Last post of the phase. Felt pretty lacking, tbh. There was really only one good point here that I saw, but either I’m stupid and missed everything else or their D1 was very lackluster. Yes, they were in discussion with the whole Dora/Boomer shiet, but I’m just feeling a limp noodle. We’ll see how D2 goes, but Fauna feels a bit of a dull note to me.
Old 03-20-2020, 04:20 PM   #3983
TWG Punchy
FFR Player

This part is incomplete, but still a dickload of content.

Lots of talk at the beginning of this day is once again about the night actions and whether or not Boomer took the shot. This was also the discussion of night killing mechanics (i.e. when two people shoot at the same time), so I breezed through this because most mechanical talk is NAI.

FLURRY
Quote:
In practice, we can just ignore all the mechanical stuff and try to:

A) Find wolfy things.
B) Figure out if we can filter out more townies.
C) Try to find a potential 2nd wolf for the Vigi
Aside from Phil, was one of the first ones to step away from the mechanics discussion and focus on their plan for the day. As for how they follow this, we’ll see the rest of the day.

Quote:
lots of reads on Molly
This is the list that first turned me around for Flurry. Even though they’re wrong, I do think the way they dissect this was from a good mindset. The “overjustification” point felt new and refreshing from all of the other people scumreading Molly. They do this in complete opposition to Chief and asks the thread to clarify why Chief is actually wolfy. Since there’s no cover intentions here for Chief, this ends up looking much nicer than it did when I first saw it.

Quote:
I'm more comfortable with a wolf Molly than a wolf Chief at the moment.

I feel like Chief may not be expressing himself ideally for what he could be doing.

Basically, he's not looking as good as he could be because he's not filtering himself.

At least, that's how it seems to me at first glance.
See here for more good vibes about the Chief thing I just mentioned.

Quote:
Looks like me isoing Molly is terribly timed by Molly leaving until later tonight.

Anyone wants to iso Rolf or Maple ?
Kinda weak on the effort side, but they’re at least expending effort trying to get reads on all of the players instead of just focusing on Molly.

Quote:
Rolf's iso looks pretty independant and mixed with technical posts about how scenarios could have been unfolding.

I'm not really seeing anything wolfy there.

Interesting take early game.

This might be something that got overlooked despite how I gave a town read to Tank from Cherry's iso.

I'd town lean Rolf despite not quoting much from him.

Overall, I think his posts are unique and natural.
They did the ISO on Rolf after some prodding by Cherry! I don’t like how little effort is placed into here though for gathering quotes. They give Rolf a town lean by saying one of his takes was interesting and that his callout of Tank is notable. Not really feeling anything else here, though.

Quote:
If there's something going on between Tank, Apollo and Rolf; I think it's more late game stuff. The world where they're all town is quite possible as of now.
Hi, it’s me, late game!

CHERRY
Quote:
wrong country too, you're way off what what

i need to do some isos but i still like chief for today's lynch
Signaling agreement to Phil that Chief was a good option for the day. Probably nothing. I don’t remember seeing Cherry talk too much about Chief, but Chief was always sketchy, so it doesn’t stand out in particular.

Later, Cherry’s first ISO is on Tank again. They’re concerned with Tank/Apollo considering how hard Tank was defending Apollo’s big beak energy.

Cherry is consistently “don’t claim” with several aspects.

Quote:
hey julian please give thoughts on today's lynch and also in general what what
Cherry also poking at people to discuss their lynch options after putting Chief on the front of their vote. They are being pretty active and on top here, asking both Maple and Julian for their reads without expending their effort to join them on Chief. No recruitment for the Chief lynch feels pretty good, especially knowing now that Chief is town.

FAUNA
After a rather lackluster D0/D1, Fauna finally drops a pretty detailed reads list.

Quote:
big reads list.
I still have similar problems with the reads list that I do now. Their read on Tank is very, very vague (frustrating to read, but doesn’t specify any points that they agree with).
Their read on Phil has them town lean, but calls them never scum.
The read on Flurry is almost as vague as the read on Tank. They mention the Julian/Flurry spat, but really nothing within it.
Agent S’s read is in the null territory, and says that his plays have been super towny but UTR.
However, the reads in the wolf piles seem to be much more specific. Rolf’s part is about them not following up questions, Apollo’s read is about him becoming more involved but is undecided if his involved presence was to skim off any scum reads, Chrissy and Chief also had extensive reads. Their definite wolf pile in Molly/Mathilda is unfortunately very wrong, but that’s just hindsight talking to me.
The townreads here don’t feel all that great. I wonder if this is one of those reverse POE situations where they focus on their wolf reads and then just fill in the towns backwards. Interesting strategy, but I still feel like the town reads are so weak and flimsy. Seriously, go read the points on Tank and Flurry and tell me how you feel. If Fauna is wolfing, I wouldn’t be surprised if they gave an easy town clear to one of these two.

Quote:
My style of play has always been more observational at the start so I get it, but also, did you miss my reads list or did you choose to ignore it? I’d love your thoughts on it.

Also noticed you have Agent S on your nulls like me. So in the interest of figuring out a slot

Agent, if you couldnt pick Julian, molly or mathilda, who would you lynch and why?
Fauna is pushing Agent S to read more. I know I mention in Agent S’s section about a possible partnership here, but I feel like this is slowly falling apart.
Fauna makes an updated “here’s where I am post” that just gets rid of Mathilda from their scum pile, votes Mathilda, and puts potential leads on Cherry, Phil, and Apollo to look after in the future.

AGENT S
Quote:
So a few things:

I agree with Julian that the wolf pool is a little large. My take, if you punt Chrissy back to null for inactivity, and Chief for tone-reads, you basically end up with the same wolf pool as mine with exception to Molly being null and Julian being wolf lean.

Although in the grand scheme of things, Julian has been feeling a bit better for me. Still somewhat conflicted, but it's slowly moving into a confused town world for me similar to Flurry, but more bad plays and less confused.

Everything else on the reads list sounds more or less right. Still wanting to do an iso of Punchy & others today.
This is in response to Fauna’s reads list. He states wanting to do an ISO of me and others, but the big thing to look at here is that they’re agreeing with Fauna’s reads list. There’s a chance that Agent S is the partner that Fauna put in their reads list as lower to not look like they were just townreading everything. However, this is just a chance, and I think this post from Agent S is generally fine since they’re thinking about all of their own reads and establishing that mindmeld thing. This is also the first time I really feel that Agent S is stepping out of his tunnel zone. I would say this is generally good for Agent S?

Quote:
Finished Iso on Punchy. I really like it.

Ever have one of those moments where you get your favorite bag of potato crisps, open it up, and then immediately inhale bag contents and get high from it?

That's what it felt like to me, reading Punchy's long posts. I'd be comfortable sitting Punchy in my town pile alongside Cherry.
They only pointed out one point of mine and gave me this townread. Weak!

Quote:
And I still think that with 4 wolves, there could be at least 1 wolf that's putting in effort and actually posting & keeping up with the game. And that in itself contrasts with what majority of players have down in their reads, with most reads wolf leaning or straight wolf reading people who either aren't posting a ton, posting but not contributing, or are majorly inactive.

With all of that taken into consideration though, I still think a Molly or Mathilda lynch pushes town in a positive direction for the game as a whole, as it removes possibility of wolves hunkering down with inactivity, and keeps active players that will attempt solving the game, in the fray.
This seems to contradict with itself ever so slightly, considering he’s still pushing for inactives after saying there’s one active poster. Noticeable, but probably on the null side after dwelling on it for a bit.

APOLLO
Quote:
i don't get what you mean here.
Are you saying you can't understand our reason for doing things or you don't understand how we go "I'm Apollo and I'm doing x because y"

Why did you guys assume that Molly was the majority and not even mention Mathilda? From what I remember Mathilda has been scum read but everyone since like d0

I don't understand everyone's hate with tanks posts. They're easy to read. Y'all just some haters
Their first catch-up post near EOD doesn’t really add anything, now looking at this in retrospect. The point against Flurry is just for clarification, the point about Molly/Mathilda really means nothing, and they come back in and defend Tank again.

Quote:
Chief to me comes off as a caught wolf. To avoid divulging information they accept their loss and take the L to not reveal any more connection to wolf partners. One question though. If you have chief as a wolf lean because he isn't defending himself doesn't that also apply to Molly and to an extent Mathilda? I know Mathilda came in afterwards and threatened to claim a role but that doesn't apply to this post.

Why not keep all three together in wolves or all three I. Wolf lean?
This is a rather odd response to Fauna’s reads list. It doesn’t point to anything specific aside from the wolf reads. They completely avoid talking about them and focus directly on recruiting people to vote for Chief. They point out that it’s odd Chief isn’t further down on their list. Ok? I don’t really see what the problem is here.

Quote:
I remember reading a post by Mathilda that mentions something that I thought was interesting but I couldn't find it.

They said that there must've been a wolf in the top picks for the shot because if not then wolves had no reason to block the shot because a town would almost guarantee another town kill.

I like this and it comes off towny for me
Of all the reads they’ve made, I do like this one. They spent some time earlier not liking Mathlida, but this shows a nice change of mind after doing some more research. It’s a town read that has effort to it, unlike some of their other points. They did probe people asking about Tank’s read on them and whether or not it was lazy. I’m not sure of their intent here asking about it openly, but it is one of those “ARE THEY TALKING ABOUT ME?!” posts. Not going to let that point take down what I like about this post, though.

Quote:
So I started doing an iso on chief and the first couple of posts and his interactions with Zucker are pretty weird.

Zucker comes in like I would expect a typical rp post to be but chief out of the gate comes gunning for Zucker accusing him to be the acqui. Zucker naturally is confused and chief keeps at it and then goes on to talk about eating him

Why would you accuse Zucker right out of the gate to be the acqui? Did something happen in the wolf chat that would push you to think he had been acquisitioned?
The irony here in the last part is pretty hilarious. Not the fact that he was wrong, but the “accusing someone as the acq right out of the gate” part.

Quote:
This is super lazy. You have 5 nulls, a wolf and a bunch of town leans. You didn't even give Phil or Eugene a designation.

Posts like this are what make me think you don't really care about solving the game
This is right after Flurry asked for people to read into additional ISOs. Poor timing, but if Apollo ignores her other posts, it might be something to look into (spoilers: it’s not)
Apollo follows up by calling the reads lazy.

Quote:
If chief flips wolf is start looking more at agent S for the defense around this time when he's a top lynch
Quoting for longevity.

Quote:
Rolf is to help me solve other people that I still have nagging issues with. But if I were to rate chief and Rolf on a scale of 1-10 based on how much I want them lynched chief would be an 8 and Rolf would be a 2.

I would be worried if Rolf became a wagon out of nowhere though
Also quoting for longevity, but this could set up a potential bus for Rolf?

PHIL
Phil’s presence D2 has been very understated. There was a ton of his posting towards the beginning about people not getting mechanics, but I didn’t see too much happening. He could be coasting off of his town read status at this point, but here’s his first real entrance into the thread.

Quote:
Feels like if rolf is a wolf, his partners are doing an excellent job of ignoring him
Not much discussion of the day had been focused on Rolf, so this is an okay mention.

Quote:
Has chief done anything yet
Back to Chief time. Not much else done here aside from trying to find out who Cherry is.

Quote:
everyone's posting a lot more than I am, content-wise, and I feel more than kind-of guilty over it

I'm really going to try more when I have the time, this weekend is just going to be very awful for me
He votes Chrissy and then moves to this. Knowing he did the reread, I do see where the effort came in. Props to you, I’m not even going to finish this fully in this post.

Quote:
just lynch Chief/Chrissy today, imo

kill the people who are l a c k i n g
rather than anything else

it worked on zucker
Reminds me of the post yesterday’s phase about meta for being lazy. Saying “it worked on Zucker” after telling Eugene not to believe too much in statistics (as Eugene thought Boomer might have hit two vests in a row) is kinda ???tier to me.

TANK
Quote:
Im getting lazy with pulling quotes but I find Apollo's flurry read believable even if I dont agree
not that I know who da fuck flurry is, supposedly the sun gawd does
also feels like Apollo is trending up in terms of caring after wolves be havin a bad time
idk I also read over Maple's big post and was jus like ... lel idt you get this guy
idt it was wolfy from maple bc they were at least tryna hunt wolves while the whole dora drama was goin
it just didnt make me wanna kill apollo more than maple still. lel
Tank’s first big post back in is focused on mostly Apollo quotes. nagl fam for this pairing

Quote:
i am a bit bothered by rolf reversing his read based on it. feels lazy to me, coming from someone who seems thorough
molly's read on del considering thts who she was tryna kill was stupidly vague.
the julian read is prob the best thought out one in that post but idk fam. it's also defensive
Tank does do more work. That’s nice. He makes a post about me, Molly, and Rolf here all centered around Del. He doesn’t like Rolf changing his mind on Del. Considering Del is dead at this point, they’re looking at people who pushed on him. Sorry for being wrong, I guess.
Old 03-20-2020, 04:24 PM   #3984
TWG Julian
FFR Player

i've finished the reread and i'm with punchy and phil: i hate myself. how many thousands of words was that? novel-length? goddamn! GODDAMN!!!

i haven't read punchy's big posts yet because i believe they deserve my full attention, and right now i'm very mentally fatigued. my skull is full of brain soup. gonna take a break, read the punchy posts, then post my own thoughts and opinions
Old 03-20-2020, 04:27 PM   #3985
TWG Phil
FFR Player

just think
when you're subbing someone in, you're asking them to do what you did, without any prior context

the game is too late now to let this go on
Old 03-20-2020, 04:28 PM   #3986
TWG Phil
FFR Player

im gonna go to sleep now
I'll be here at 30 mins for eod most likely
if I'm not, then I slept through my phone alarm or something
Old 03-20-2020, 04:32 PM   #3987
TWG Julian
FFR Player

quick thought for people to mull over:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Molly View Post
Chrissy: If people want to vote for inactivity, Chrissy seems like a decent vote if she doesn't say anything before EoD. I feel like a lot of their posts have been really "easy" posts to make (e.g. remarks/questions about mechanics) and not much actual thoughts towards others. If she does come back before EoD, I'm curious how she'll react to the discussion regarding her possibly pretending to be an inexperienced player.
i know the obvious pick for molly's block was me at the time, but now that we're revisiting it, isn't it pretty obviously chrissy? this was one of her last posts. only other possibility based on people still alive is flurry (she didn't like him, chief, mathilda, myself, and phil at first [she warmed up later])
Old 03-20-2020, 04:39 PM   #3988
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Quote:
I'm thinking blocker claiming might be a good idea
I can't just ever imagine the wolves trying to kill Del last night
Phil, can you come back to this ? I cannot picture myself ever posting that as town.
Old 03-20-2020, 04:40 PM   #3989
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Reading Punchy's long posts made me switch to go Phil -> Fauna -> X as my lynch priority.
Old 03-20-2020, 04:50 PM   #3990
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

My theory is that wolves have been in a safe state since a long while and pretty much just sit back watching the rest of town kind of pushing each others.

I think this is echo'd by the current state of the game where we just keep barely finding anything relevant to scum read anyone.
Old 03-20-2020, 04:52 PM   #3991
TWG Agent S
FFR Player

Quote:
Reading Punchy's long posts made me switch to go Phil -> Fauna -> X as my lynch priority.
I've had Phil in the looking glass for a bit, on the impression that if there's a deep wolf, it's more in favor of Phil covering that slot. I get the similar impression from Punchy in their long posts that there was a level of associated coasting in d2. And while d3 (Maple lynch) was not covered, memory serves that momentum carried into the first half of d3.

Not my top lynch but reassuring that it's not just me with outlandish thoughts.

Punchy iso of Apollo actions d0-d2 reaffirms what I had previously considered on their contributions; Content, but questions left open-ended and never amounting to anything, and topic statements that don't amount to much more than acknowledging it.
Old 03-20-2020, 05:02 PM   #3992
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

Quote:
why Phil as your top priority what what
Old 03-20-2020, 05:02 PM   #3993
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

btw, the "bus" from bussing is terminology that wolves normally use to say that they need to let one of their partners take the fall to survive and win the game.

So, by saying that wolves would bus me, it kinds of implies that you're telling the entire thread you're a wolf. Also, by mentioning town right after it, it felt like you were separating the 2 groups making the reading even more suspicious.

If you didn't have a comma with the "and" in that sentence, I feel like I would have been forced to vote you here.
Old 03-20-2020, 05:04 PM   #3994
TWG Agent S
FFR Player

Crazy thought but

Phil/Fauna/Apollo/Zucker

gut wolf team

There's some tension between Fauna & Phil so take it with a grain of salt.
Old 03-20-2020, 05:11 PM   #3995
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Quote:
why Phil as your top priority what what
I could game around and say that he potentially knew who Chief was all along and still pushed for his lynch only to later on be like "oh, that was X".

I could say that his "Zucker" vote was forced because Del claimed and Chief didn't seems to be likely to happen.

I feel like he could have played the Maple lynch phase very differently.

He seems fairly convinced that Maple was town, but when it came to votes, that felt pretty disorganized.

I'm not saying that he's responsible of everyone's votes, but it felt a bit complacent to me.

There's so much value to be gained if he flips wolf here tbh.

Asking the blocker to claim also feels absolutely ridiculous from him imo knowing the value of the blocker in this setup.

I just feel like it would explain so much to this game.

Yes, he made a big post, but he's good enough to do that as both alignments.
Old 03-20-2020, 05:13 PM   #3996
TWG Punchy
FFR Player

Enjoy something that sucked energy out of my life over the past 16 hours
I did not put lots of comments on the Chrissy/Cole slot because I knew they had some stuff today that I can work with.

To sum up some of the major points, here's where I'm standing after my reread and not reading too many of today's posts:

Big Towns
Julian (duh)

Boomer (duh)

Flurry (Looking back, I think her intentions for voting have been genuine. There have been a few moments that have made me turn my head, like the thunderdome thing, but if you look at how they handled the Molly/Chief debate, I think it really shows them thinking about the game instead of taking the easy path. They're always probing other players for their opinions. Sometimes they'er slow to drop their opinions, but it's never a regurgitation of what someone else said. See her ISO on Rolf for an idea of what I'm saying. I don't think that ISO was particularly good, but it's at least showing that Flurry is expending effort to make reads and connections. Their methods are goofy, but it appears that their intentions are pure.)

Cherry (Below Flurry now. Cherry's D0 was lackluster, and their D1 was really their moment of shining. They took charge on a few ISOs regarding Tank, and I believe them going to the idea that they hit a vested wolf first is a good look. Check my D1 post on this one as they continue to run with the idea that Dora is the vest wolf and not possibly the acq with a vest. There is a batshit crazy theory that if Tank=Wolf then Cherry could be a partner as they were the first to dive in, but I think there's a bigger option here.)

Town Leans
Phil (Trended down. Aside from the really cool reread, there are some parts of these first few phases that don't feel like they're doing too much. He had a strong D0, but days 1 and 2 had some parts that I didn't like. Most of this was focused around him trying to discover meta around people and let that carry him across the game. Most of me wants to say he dropped the "just lynch the inactives" mindset when it didn't work for D2 and that spurned him to do the reread.)

Rolf (I want to say Rolf is a very slight town. I was aiming to have 0 nulls on my list, and this is a product of that. Their presence has been very understated. As Phil said, if Rolf had partners, they've been doing a great job of ignoring Rolf during these early day phases. Agent S and Tank had some interactions with Rolf that didn't seem like wolf theatre (overly aggressive or softball q&a). He's the only one that I don't have for D2, but I don't know, I'm just not feeling it from his posts that he's a wolf and doing shady shit. He flipped his read on Del based on new evidence, he's making townreads of Julian without sounding overly pocketing. Probably my worst read, but I'd just call him the inactive town for this game that people are trying to throw shade on.)

Slight Wolf
Fauna (I didn't really vibe the reads list they posted during D2. Their D0 and D1 were very low notes, and I feel like they could be sounding out some ideas to pursue. Their reads don't really change throughout D2 aside from Mathilda after the soft. I think they could be partners with Tank or Flurry based on their flimsy townreads. See my D2 notes and their post for this. I might just not agree with their scumhunting tactics where they build the wolf team first and then dial back to put townreads on the people that didn't stand out.)

Apollo (Him missing D0 is excusable, I guess, but it's impossible to ignore the ties between him and Tank moving forward from D1. He makes direct questions asking about their relationships to other people, and a portion of hist posts are interacting with him. They do have some distance between themselves and Agent S. They had Agent S trending slightly down D1, and I think this is generally better for Apollo considering how early he started this wagon against him. He also might not have a link to Fauna. Some of his points say nothing, however, and the Tank relation is hard to ignore. Him keeping his vote on Boomer was a bit silly too, but not as big as the other points.)

Wolfy
Tank (Is a staunch defender of Apollo for seemingly no reason. He jumps to defend me, I think, during D0 and Apollo. He mentions he wanted to vote for Del in a presentation of Mathilda/Zucker as options. That's just weird, man. He said he was gonna do some cool work on D1, but didn't really show any of that WIM energy. He shrugs off the Dora/Boomer stuff and focuses on other things from Dora since she's a phone-in for that phase. The stuff Tank does isn't all bad. He does do some more work D2 and isn't incomprehensible as I first thought they were. They float Maple over Apollo, still keeping Apollo nearby.)

Agent S (If there's anyone who I think pocketed me, I think it's Agent S. Looking back at how he townread me, it was based off of one post after my D0 work that he liked. He spends a lot of the game focusing on Julian, and no, this isn't a callout for being wrong, it's a callout for being super tunneled. They give some easy points to Phil even though Phil is very much against him, so if Agent S flips red, I'm taking Phil down like 30 pegs. See my D1 notes for this particular idea. He didn't really shift away from his two scumreads of Julian/Rolf, so this reminds me a bit of why I have some issues with Fauna.)
Old 03-20-2020, 05:14 PM   #3997
TWG Punchy
FFR Player

That's a nice load to have off of my chest, mrmpht. So freeing, so nice.
Let's get a wolf today!!
Old 03-20-2020, 05:14 PM   #3998
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

I also think Fauna's posting patterns are a bit weird because I keep feeling like I don't see how her own progression connects together.

I mostly just feel like I'm reading well structured theorical stuff that could go anywhere.
Old 03-20-2020, 05:18 PM   #3999
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

I'm kind of curious how you'd like to priorize your own leans Punchy.
Old 03-20-2020, 05:19 PM   #4000
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

I don't see Cole in your reads.
Closed Thread