Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2020, 11:18 PM   #2221
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Molly View Post
Hiya everyone. I'll be on later tonight. Just want to park a vote on Chief for now. Please ask me nothing
Leaving this here to show that Molly was present
Old 03-13-2020, 11:20 PM   #2222
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

If there's something going on between Tank, Apollo and Rolf; I think it's more late game stuff. The world where they're all town is quite possible as of now.
Old 03-13-2020, 11:20 PM   #2223
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

Phil if you're around, can you sell me on lynching Chief over Molly today? You mentioned that you weren't seeing it/feeling it from Chief, but Molly looks just as bad as Chief imo
Old 03-13-2020, 11:22 PM   #2224
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

Flurry if EOD were 5 minutes from now, who do you put your vote on? We've been mind melding a shit ton this phase
Old 03-13-2020, 11:23 PM   #2225
TWG Agent S
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Apollo View Post
So I started doing an iso on chief and the first couple of posts and his interactions with Zucker are pretty weird.

Zucker comes in like I would expect a typical rp post to be but chief out of the gate comes gunning for Zucker accusing him to be the acqui. Zucker naturally is confused and chief keeps at it and then goes on to talk about eating him

Why would you accuse Zucker right out of the gate to be the acqui? Did something happen in the wolf chat that would push you to think he had been acquisitioned?
Reinforces why I think there's been a lot of tone-reads on Chief. Feels difficult to find a world where Chief/Zucker is w/w given that, but that's just me.

Quote:
Hiya everyone. I'll be on later tonight. Just want to park a vote on Chief for now. Please ask me nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Eugene View Post
Chief- You've still got that negative sense about you, and I strongly dislike it. The big wallpost you made earlier yesterday seemed like a lame effort to catch up and act as if you're solving along with us while trying to go under the radar. Wolf.
Only thing I really disagree with in Eugene's reads, and that seems to be a trend across multiple players from the looks of it. Still think it's a red herring.

Everything else I'm gucci with. Seems like majority of people are going in the same direction with their reads overall, and there hasn't been any real backlash from anyone over reads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Cherry View Post
if both molly and chief flip town i could start to believe this take what what

right now i think eugene is towny enough that he's super far down my list of suspects
Mathilda is still up. If both molly & chief flip town, I'd argue wolves are in Mathilda/Tank/Apollo given the info available right now. I would probably view Flurry in a worse manner than others supposedly are right now, but this post resonates pretty hard with the slips & issues that I've found within their posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Flurry View Post
I'll save you a headache. I'm town aligned, but I make horrendous posts at times and I don't even realize it most of the time.

The problem is that I'm not sure what to think of the players targeting me as an option and that lack of decisiveness seems to make me look worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Phil View Post
I'm going to townread julian and you cant stop me from doing this
Julian's still a pretty awkward data point for me but ok.
Old 03-13-2020, 11:25 PM   #2226
TWG Tank
FFR Player

Quote:
Do these protein shakes include an incomprehensible amount of Bud Light?
shhh
im tryna iso molly
somehow I end up readin all her posts in the voice of my friend who's not even on this site

Quote:
im gettin mixed signals here (jk)

Quote:

This sounds like an attempt to gaslight the town blocker. I personally think that the doctor saved the cop, that the wolves sent a kill not on the cop, and I think any other action amongst the doctor/wolves would be dumb to make. Sure, there's a possibility of the wolves targeting Del and/or doc targeting not-Del, but when you say that it's a "classic WIFOM", it makes it seem like you're suggesting that the odds are 50/50.

I want to say that there is likely to be at least one wolf amongst those trying to normalize the idea of the doc not saving cop and/or wolves targeting cop.
^ this is taken from a big ol post
uhhhh....so is whatever you're tryna express here important to you ducky?
if it is can you explain it to me slower?
why's it benefit wolves to normalize it?

Quote:
I was asking Del some questions beforehand and was waiting for his response (which never came iirc). I could have talked to other people but I was content with the wagon that was forming on Del (especially since he didn't answer) and didn't feel like I had anything interesting to say. I can't really give a better answer for this; it seems that the best case scenario is that I can convince you that I was lazy as opposed to wolfy.
^this is a quote from same post.
this is your very exciting single follow-up question to one thing he asked
tbh I have a hard time seeing how the answer to that is a big deal
I don't doubt your account of end of day events overall is p accurate, just could be a content wolf just as easily as content town

Quote:
Quick Reads:

Phil: Despite my saltiness towards him saying blocker should claim, town. However, if in the rare event that we somehow find out wolves did the galaxy brain move of not sending a kill last night to sow confusion, I think it might be worth looking at Phil more carefully.
Maple: In the case that Dora isn't aqui, I'm thinking that Maple might be. The earlier gimmick was so annoying as to give off the idea to town that it was so annoying that aqui wouldn't want to deal with it. Even if she found the gimmick annoying herself, she probably knew people would complain about it and thus would also have a valid reason to stop doing it. This might just be a tinfoil hat read.
Chief: Was reading as wolfy on d0. Still do: other than post 1367, most of his posts seem reactionary and/or don't do much to help solve the game.
Punchy: Been reading as town lately. I do like his long posts that seem to show that he is trying to dig deep to get some good reads. I might be misremembering, but I feel like he was the first to start putting together a case against Flurry this phase which I liked since prior to that, I feel like most of town was reading Flurry as solid town or at least town lean. I feel like wolves would try to stick to generic mainstream reads that everyone was already agreeing with.
Julian: Anyone that is wolf reading him because he was pushing for a Del lynch at EoD is dumb. However, I didn't like how you were somewhat flip-flopping regarding your read on me. I was honestly surprised that a single post that I made on d0 seemed to satisfy you (if TWG has taught me anything, it's that I'm not good at being convincing). I was thinking you might revisit the idea of my being wolf this phase, especially due to my absence, but you seemed to mostly be quiet on this. I still have a strong wolf-lean of you because of this.
Flurry: In my head, I've been flip-flopping in my read of Flurry throughout this phase. I want to look closer at Punchy's posts regarding Flurry and also iso Flurry later to get a better idea.
Eugene: Slight town lean.
Mathilda: Didn't really care for the lazy attitude on d0. And nothing strikes me as particularly towny from you this phase either. Might put as slight wolf lean for now...might change a tad if I have time to do an iso later.
Dora: Either aqui or wolf. The only way this isn't the case is doctor didn't protect cop which I don't think is the case.
^same post
too focused on acqui hunt, fam.
reads not bad otherwise. the julian thing about flipping too fast is a funny elaboration on a previous read that I think comes off better than it did before.
lemme check if you actually follow up on flurry
oh you got busy
rip
Old 03-13-2020, 11:26 PM   #2227
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Apollo View Post
Someone called me out but I forgot who it was
It was Phil after you did the "joke vote" on Chief.
Old 03-13-2020, 11:26 PM   #2228
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

Agent and I out here calling out the fact that Molly did nothing but park a vote on Chief and dip for later
Old 03-13-2020, 11:27 PM   #2229
TWG Boomer
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Tank View Post
^same post
too focused on acqui hunt, fam.
reads not bad otherwise. the julian thing about flipping too fast is a funny elaboration on a previous read that I think comes off better than it did before.
lemme check if you actually follow up on flurry
oh you got busy
rip
maybe it's me looking too hard, but i think that's pretty wolfy to try and think of other worlds where the acq isn't dora when, from town's pov, wolves are the bigger, and more immediate threat. maybe molly's trying to shift the game away from potential partners?
Old 03-13-2020, 11:28 PM   #2230
TWG Boomer
FFR Player

i mean, tbh, i'm also still hung up on "ask me anything"
Old 03-13-2020, 11:29 PM   #2231
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Quote:
Flurry if EOD were 5 minutes from now, who do you put your vote on? We've been mind melding a shit ton this phase
Molly because I need to reach really far to accept that how she feels come from a towny place.
Old 03-13-2020, 11:33 PM   #2232
TWG Agent S
FFR Player

I'd be ok for either a Molly or Mathilda lynch. I'm alright with benching my shit with Julian for now.

Don't get me wrong though, imma' straight up call him out if I see more baddo plays. Them baddo plays go stale fast.
Old 03-13-2020, 11:35 PM   #2233
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

Agent what do you think of Chief's interaction addressing Cherry? I personally thought it made him look worse

Hold on I'll get the post
Old 03-13-2020, 11:37 PM   #2234
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Cherry View Post
chief pressure time what what

dora's explanation of your switching from them to zucker as being opportunistic as hell makes perfect sense to me. if you stayed on dora you wouldn't have to defend yourself and you'd probably be continuing to fly under the radar

moving from dora to zucker does not really help the effort to preserve the claimed cop. if you were on the cop wagon then yes, it would, but adding fuel to the zuck wagon does very little here. bussing your partner for free town cred is the only explanation that makes sense in my eyes so unless you can come up with a real good reason not to my vote is staying on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Chief View Post
I got to the first part of your accusation, and was forced to file it in the “you are an absolute idiot not worth my attention.” Let me be real, I tried earlier, got ignored, and have had the top town tunneling me all game. I am not exactly willing to entertain you when you cite the third party scum role who has the ability to think of a dying rat. You can go sit in the dunce corner. But me switching to zucker there was opportunistic, hey tell me who pushed Dora before that. Let me give you a hint. My votes and actions are pure Town. You folks nearly lynched the cop. Run this by me again later.
Here's the post Agent
Old 03-13-2020, 11:37 PM   #2235
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

Then he goes on to quote himself and the Dora vote
Old 03-13-2020, 11:40 PM   #2236
TWG Tank
FFR Player

dude has some variable self-esteem lel
Old 03-13-2020, 11:41 PM   #2237
TWG Tank
FFR Player

Quote:
I feel like I'm forced to town read you until the end of the game for that.
Quote:
Reads from my perspective:

01) Agent S - Potential pocket attempt on me early game with mind meld overall. Null ish. I feel like was contributing to town overall so, slight town lean.
im not sure what my question is
but can you try to answer it anyway?
Old 03-13-2020, 11:45 PM   #2238
TWG Agent S
FFR Player

Quote:
Agent what do you think of Chief's interaction addressing Cherry? I personally thought it made him look worse

Hold on I'll get the post
I think Cherry falls firmly in the right on it.

Chief trying to take credit for opportune voting on Dora falls short with knowledge that Dora is acq now. I do believe his vote on Zucker at the end of the phase was purely reactionary, because of Del's role reveal, alongside probably everyone else that also swapped over after role reveal.

I'm subtly opposed to the idea of Zucker/Chief being a w/w scenario, as tunneling early game like that doesn't usually happen. But, I am open to the concept of it being a possibility, if that's the angle you're aiming on.
Old 03-13-2020, 11:46 PM   #2239
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

Nail on the head Agent. that's where my angle was going.
Old 03-13-2020, 11:47 PM   #2240
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Tank View Post
im not sure what my question is
but can you try to answer it anyway?
I think you're just as confused as I am on that read.
Closed Thread