Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 11:00 PM   #1241
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG CLXXIX: The Third FE Mystery Game Game Thread

Jessie - Null. Sheeped the traditional T-Force vote because of Funny, nice to see that still happen.

Precarious - Null

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precarious View Post
Currently reading through and came across this.

1. Feels too serious/abrupt tonally for that early in the thread.

2. Conflates player alignments when it comes to lying. Wolves are implicitly lying all the time, and town should rarely lie--only for specific tactical purposes. That doesn't mean it's not going to happen, but on balance a lie should look bad for the liar.

3. "I'd rather lynch wolves" is a weak "look how town I am!" kind of statement when it's not accompanied by actual content. It's the same thing as posting reactions to lynch flips that don't consider the implications of the event, but just try to look town by emoting that they're happy a wolf got lynched, or disappointed town did.

mtamburini
Interesting way to enter the game, and has some weird points here, though point 1 can apply to himself as well. I don't know how I feel about it though because the post being called out by this post was a response to a meme that MML said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Precarious View Post
The wolves may not be able to discuss the event, but they still know each other's identities, which means they can vote en masse if we announce our selections. So it seems like the best option is to massvote one girl at the end, or to keep our selections private. Either should statistically favor town by the player ratio.
Precarious at this point (this being his third post) feels incredibly neutral but also wording this post to seemingly have towns best interests from a statistical view and that doesn't necessarily leave me to think of him as town. It's just a neutral thing to say. His fourth post is clashing with Adam about RNG voting and more statistical views which just further goes into neutral for me so that's where he is. Awfully interesting to see right at the start however.

who_cares - Null, eight posts with no substance.

Tokzic - Wolf lean

Starts the game with five posts that have little to no substance, mostly being shitposts, but then out of nowhere he came to shine some light on Haku's proposal/thoughts for the event and to me this follows suit with other wolf games that Tokzic has performed. I know it is somewhat a stretch to go off of one post and some prior knowledge but I'm reading hard into that and I wish I had more to say about his posts but he doesn't have many and that one post against Haku was really it.

FreezinIce - Null

No posts worthy of quoting here, and most posts are just question marks to me. Don't know what you're trying to do here but I'd recommend not making it more of a hassle for people to isolate you

Xel - Null

Nice meme. Anyways, the interaction with Charu was good, and I agreed with Charu's post about clearing with a dumbtell but too bad that wasn't going to happen. No real content generated outside of that and some responses to people so there isn't much to delve into..

DBP - We know

Wish to see more but cannot complain about him.

MML - Town lean

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Here comes Mr Serious McSeriousface
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Ok, legit think this is a little too tryhard.

Stepping away from game, will be back by 10.

We should figure out which pixel princess we 're voting for as our top priority
Two cases where you are calling tryharding, but would you then be suggesting that we shouldn't be trying? I don't like your inconsistency here. Can't forget that you usually a shitposter until deep with suspicion or targetting someone/reads list.

I'm not reposting his big boy posts but they are alright, It makes me less weary of him out of experience as those are always one of the most consistent things MML does.

One of his lengthy posts has a meta point that he disagrees with and I don't like that, keep it out of this game. Saying you've seen more town be stubborn than wolves in your games will lead to bias later I'm sure.

MML had plenty of interactions with Adam and I fear that'll obstruct judgement from him, but I cannot say I disagree with the interactions between both of these players. I'm giving him a town lean with some interactions within his big posts that target 4-6 other posts. The interactions with Blind are a good point to look at.

ShadoWolfe - Null

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
Bolded is the "Universal Scumtell" lolol

On another note, I think Charu and Raeko are likely town from posts and reactions halfway through thread. Xiz (sorry about your grant, keep chiefin on and better things will come) and Daikyi too, but significantly less so. I know my reads are partially skewed towards people I find myself nodding along to / finding their posts logical and clear and so on, so they definitely need further scrutiny. That can be addressed later though. We also need stricter POLITE POLICE Patrols Raeko wee woo wee woo

Speaking of which, I'm leaning towards Adam being a frustrated townie and not a wolf attempting emotional manipulation, but I'm reserving judgment until I get through his spat with MML I saw peeks of later in the thread

DBP if you haven't already picked who you want everyone to vote for, please pick now before people start voting willy nilly again. I think we can agree there are more benefits than downsides to having everyone stack on a candidate.
This post places him Null to me because of the acknowledgement that his reads are somewhat favoring the people he has acknowledged/interacted with. However I don't like the pushing it off for later as time is quite important and overlooked imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
oh yeah just a couple more things

I think Haku is likely town this game. I have a tinfoil theory on why/how he'd be wolfing, but it's not beneficial to share that at this point.

sprucegrit is a really really interesting read. I believe his shop info 100%, but would advise anyone against operating under the assumption that his scumteam info post is true. His intentions are a mystery to me, and I've come up with equally compelling reasons why he'd do what he did as either alignment. That's all for now, but keep in mind that the IC reveal can heavily influence scum behavior during the first day phase
Eh, even if it was tinfoil I don't think there was harm in posting it because if anything it generates interactions and conversation. 2cents tho. More than one theory however seems a bit sketchy.

Blind - Town lean

Putting him on a town lean for the way he came into the game when he was behind and actually becoming aggressive with FFA, a known trait from Blind and it gets worse (there are some tells) when he is behind as a town so I'm giving him that lean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindreper1179 View Post
not wasting more time on you right now, sorry.
I agree here, it was better to interact with others than the same person with the same implications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindreper1179 View Post
Fuck, forgot to say mml isn't town because he posted such big posts, it's his choice of how presents his content.
Interesting. I find these both to be tells of his.

Three instances where you spoke about hardreading Adam as town and it wasn't until slightly after the third one where you finally revealed why that was. I find it weird and worth noting for now. Lots of talk about yourself and your town/wolf game in comparison to Adam, also worth noting.

mtamburini - Null, don't like him whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtamburini View Post
I’ve cleared him before the dumbtell for being so annoying must be town
This is in response to Charu's dumbtell post, it doesn't really feel fitting tbh.

Quote:
It’s not that weird
In response to roundbox saying the dumbtell posts looks weird, which this to me is really bizarre. Forced answer because he did it himself?

Quote:
I would lynch this person
This is horrible because the context is horrible here. This dude is actively making no effort in this game thus far.

Quote:
If you don’t know who I think is town and scum from my few posts then I don’t know what to tell you except to read again
Oh I've been isolating for a bit and you do not make it clear whatsoever beyond one person who you just outright claim you would lynch them. Instead of telling people to reread your no-substance posts you should make posts that are substantial.

Quote:
All your posts I’ve read so far until I stopped have been bullshit
Agonizingly ironic.

T-Force - Null

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWGma View Post
Either way, as soon as you say "ask me anything" that fires off a ton of wolf alarms in my head.
Mainly because if there's something that you tripped up on, and people bring it up to you, it's a great way for you to backtrack to make yourself seem more towny AND contribute, while also taking away time spent looking at other people.

tl;dr This is TWG, not Reddit. AMA bad.
I agree with this wholeheartedly.

At this point in my isolation T-Force made an abundance of FE posts/comments and I'm slightly upset that in isolation it looks like it means something when in reality it isn't helping me catch back up. :v

Quote:
If legit, Eirika is who he wanted, and Eirkia was indeed one of the three.
If rhetorical, I just got got.

I see you too are a man of culture.

... wat
How is spruce claiming the power of his potential role at all PR hunting?

See above.

For the most part I agree with this post.
The second-to-last paragraph (re: waifus being the players) I don't agree with as - while possible - you'd nedd all 5 to have been rolled in despite the fact that only 2/3rds of the roster will have been rolled into this game. The winning character probably has no bearing on the game; only the voter(s) behind her.

Lol. Nah, I'm p sure there was some legit fire under those posts. Doesn't mean it's indicative of anything.
Unless you're trying to push an agenda that wolf-Adam was faking the anger for town cred.

Confirmed.

This may be the dumbest fucking question I have ever read in a game of TWG.

End of page 38.
Wish that "confirmed" section was an actual answer and not just a playful response in sarcastically approving of what FFA has said because you can tell it's sarcasm, but a different response could've went further. You gave him a response about FFA claiming Adams anger wasn't real but you couldn't for the next one? #Lazy.

The catch-up posts are okay, follow in suit with what I remember T-Force doing, but some of it is fluff or irrelevant and I don't enjoy that.

Recent posts of his has had more content though and they're mostly his thoughts or reads, and I can't thouroughly disagree with it but lul wanting more content from Roundbox.

Quote:
What? White text or cancer removal?
Look, I'll admit my vote was half due to wolfishness, half due to wanting to get that voice out of this game because there was no reason for a lot of the shit that was said.
If you don't like that, my care level is minimal at best.
Damn bruh.

Manti - Null

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightManticorex2 View Post
I hope we’re still memeing and effort posting hasn’t started yet, but it looks like it did.

Why am I so tired?
This is anti-town to me. Even if it were for personal reasons I heavily disagree with memeing past the first 24 hours. This is post #509.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightManticorex2 View Post
Oh I’m actively doing nothing. I have no idea what’s going on.

Every time I try to read the thread my eyes glaze over.

Yeah his posts aren't worth isolating further than these two, had an interaction with Roundbox that basically defended himself and that was it, and he's made notice of Blind twice, stating he's liked him thus far.

Roundbox - heavy null

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
hear me out

I think with this massive amount of players in this game, we should go without the pretense of having everyone reading every post

because let's be real, this thread will be insane by the end of the day
I don't like this. You're essentially throwing vital stuff out because this has a lot of players. imo it makes it easy to distinguish who is actively doing something and who is just fluff or little to no substance.

I did the lower post count people first because it was the quickest way to share my thoughts and while these are out I can start the isos on people with double or more of posts.

Old 07-12-2018, 11:00 PM   #1242
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

Yes, I know I can now make a better read on Jessie and others, but that's what I had at the time of starting.

Old 07-12-2018, 11:02 PM   #1243
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

That was a fucked up post to send to Daikyi too, and even I have said some fucked up shit while playing TWG.

Old 07-12-2018, 11:04 PM   #1244
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

zenith what does "heavy null" mean? this is some new terminology to me

lock null is next incoming term
Old 07-12-2018, 11:06 PM   #1245
Daikyi
FFR Player

skimmed zenith's post and quite a big number of those stand out to me as "wait what"

like, for example,
Quote:
Roundbox - heavy null
I don't like this. You're essentially throwing vital stuff out because this has a lot of players. imo it makes it easy to distinguish who is actively doing something and who is just fluff or little to no substance.
i'm finding it hard to draw the connection between your explanation of your roundbox reads up to now, and what you're marking him down as.

Quote:
Manti - Null
This is anti-town to me. Even if it were for personal reasons I heavily disagree with memeing past the first 24 hours. This is post #509.
Yeah his posts aren't worth isolating further than these two, had an interaction with Roundbox that basically defended himself and that was it, and he's made notice of Blind twice, stating he's liked him thus far.
explaining that a couple quotes are anti-town and then marking manti down as "null" also feels...i'm unsure if it's laziness (but is going through effort of iso-ing people so i don't think it is), or if it's like, not actually developing reads properly and trying t oget away with wall text
Old 07-12-2018, 11:07 PM   #1246
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
He's talking about you and Adam I believe
I know me, but I don't know that person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:14 PM   #1247
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Quote:
Roundbox - heavy null

Vote roundbox with me, Zenith-chan!

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:15 PM   #1248
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

Quote:

I'm deep into reading you null that I don't think I can put even a slight read on you because of what I read out of your posts. There's comments on people that don't contribute to something I can develop into a read and thus I've put you at a heavy null.

@Daikyi
Outside of those two posts I find to be anti-town, Manti doesn't have the content there to swing him into a wolf lean. If that doesn't make sense, then I am unsure how to explain what I mean with that. I view him as being detrimental.

I would go with the latter to tell you the truth, I would agree that these aren't fully developed reads but reads nonetheless, something to throw my thoughts on some things out as I continue to knock through others posts and read the current posts (which having pages go by while isolating is no fun trying to catch up).

Old 07-12-2018, 11:16 PM   #1249
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Vote roundbox with me, Zenith-chan!
I'm pretty content on Tokzic for now. That man has a third of the posts and I'd like him to begin talking and giving his thoughts on what has happened, if he catches up.

Old 07-12-2018, 11:19 PM   #1250
FreezinIce
FFR Player

Well now I know what happens when zenith sleeps for a year. What an awakening.

Votes not moving though

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
Quote:
AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean
Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Ike View Post
SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED
Old 07-12-2018, 11:19 PM   #1251
LightManticorex2
FFR Player

Quote:

Remember semi-safeties?
Old 07-12-2018, 11:24 PM   #1252
LightManticorex2
FFR Player

Was zenith wolf read before making that big post?

Feels like it.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:25 PM   #1253
Daikyi
FFR Player

Quote:
I'm pretty content on Tokzic for now. That man has a third of the posts and I'd like him to begin talking and giving his thoughts on what has happened, if he catches up.
I think something that's been unsaid is that (from the looks of it) tokzic is like a universal scumread. Can you explain a little further about him, in your reads you talk about how it's essentially a meta read on tokzic, based off of "how he came to shine some light on Haku's proposal/thoughts for the event"

Can you just elaborate on that, there's a gap in logic that i don't see right now

also can you explain:

there's a really large difference between someone being null, and not liking someone at all. I'm unsure why if you don't like someone whatsoever, what's stopping you from putting him into a scum lean. like, i can never imagine "i don't like this person, so he's neither scum or town"
Old 07-12-2018, 11:31 PM   #1254
flashflash account
FFR Player

hot take: that read list is super made up

-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
I’ve demonstrated self-awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
Old 07-12-2018, 11:33 PM   #1255
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
hot take: that read list is super made up
Unexpected hot take!

/s

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 07-12-2018, 11:33 PM   #1256
flashflash account
FFR Player

it's like you're doing an art project for a class that you really don't care about and you just sort of dab some glitter on the corner and say "sure that looks good" even though you know it probably just made it worse because hey it looks like effort

-----

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
Old 07-12-2018, 11:34 PM   #1257
Daikyi
FFR Player

thanks dude i appreciate stomping on the flower garden as i'm trying to plant seeds
Old 07-12-2018, 11:35 PM   #1258
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daikyi View Post
I think something that's been unsaid is that (from the looks of it) tokzic is like a universal scumread. Can you explain a little further about him, in your reads you talk about how it's essentially a meta read on tokzic, based off of "how he came to shine some light on Haku's proposal/thoughts for the event"

Can you just elaborate on that, there's a gap in logic that i don't see right now

also can you explain:

there's a really large difference between someone being null, and not liking someone at all. I'm unsure why if you don't like someone whatsoever, what's stopping you from putting him into a scum lean. like, i can never imagine "i don't like this person, so he's neither scum or town"
Tokzic in my experience has a tendency to target one person specifically and shortly after (given nobody gave him much credence in his aggression) disappears again and it has followed his wolf game and his agenda typically. It is a big gut and meta read from that one interaction and then seeing him do exactly what I said which is why I would like to see more from him although he'll most likely just come after myself because of that or Adam for whatever reason he had (because not all of you are seemingly resetting me as a new player). In his post towards Haku, he goes from telling a theory about getting wolves to collaborate their votes for waifu in public by doing what Haku had proposed, to some information about a possibility, to calling Haku's response to the contest not towny because the initiative Haku took seemed suspicious to Tokzic. His following posts have nothing to do with this interaction and that's sketchy to me.

I could have been more specific, I don't mean I don't like him because of his alignment, I just don't like the way he is responding and posting in this game. There's little effort being made outside of questions and the one post about us being unable to tell who his reads are from his messages thus far is just really bad to me. He's null because it doesn't really have any swing into indicating what alignment he might be, but I don't like him as a player so far. And with that said, scumreading him because of how I personally feel about him is just wrong imo.

Old 07-12-2018, 11:36 PM   #1259
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
it's like you're doing an art project for a class that you really don't care about and you just sort of dab some glitter on the corner and say "sure that looks good" even though you know it probably just made it worse because hey it looks like effort
If you truly believe that, you could try to take Zenith's post apart then.

Show the class what you think is not done well.

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 07-12-2018, 11:36 PM   #1260
flashflash account
FFR Player

you keep doing you and I'll keep doing me

-----

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Closed Thread