Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania

Old 05-4-2018, 10:14 AM   #1
striderstone
FFR Player

Default Step-a-file Contest (Pad Steps)

Once a month I will be hosting an online step file making contest (for pad). The details including the contest rewards and rules will be listed below.

Background:

I am a local Arizona DDR and Stepmania player that has stopped playing about 10 years ago, it’s been a long time. I recently purchased a DDR Extreme machine, and turned it into a Stepmania machine. The people that I will be playing with were some of the best in the state…10 years ago…but also some beginners will be joining us.

Since we are all still friends, we are going to get together as much as possible and start playing again. I will most likely be streaming M-F 6:30PM – 9:30PM (Arizona Time MST) and on the weekends from 12:00 – whenever I stop.

I have always loved the Stepmania/DDR community, I have always had a blast and I have met a lot of friends through playing. I am currently in a spot where I can give back to the community and ATTEMPT to grow it, even if it’s just a tiny bit.

Twitch: striderstone
Twitter: SDG_Strider
Instagram: sdg.Strider
Email: sdg.strider@gmail.com

Rules:

There will be 3 songs from 3 separate genre’s per month, as to not pigeonholed people to a specific genre.

The songs will be announced on the 1st of each month (excluding the ones that we start with today)

You MUST have your steps emailed to sdg.strider@gmail.com by 00:01 AM on the 22nd of each month.

You WILL be able to submit step files for all 3 songs if you are inclined to do so.

only 1 simfile per song is accepted, so all difficulties must be included in your single submission

Singles, doubles, and couples are ALL acceptable, the more charts you provide the higher chance you have at winning.

All step files will be played on stream (twitch.tv/stridercasting/) starting on the 22nd and ending on the last day of the month.

There will be voting poll’s posted every month on the 22nd so that the community gets to rate the steps as well. You can see replays of each song at the Youtube/Twitch channel listed at the top.

At the end of the year, there will be a pack release which contains every simfile that won top 3 throughout the year

All steps SHOULD be padable with enough play. Difficulty is obviously subjective, but padable means doable, not necessarily PFCable.

Basic – Oni steps are all acceptable. The group of friends that will be playing are on all sorts of different levels, so you get bonus points for making sure everyone gets to play your step chart.

Background images are a must! They have to contain the artist(s) name as well as the song name. (It can be a simple black screen with the required information at the bottom)

Submissions will look like the below:

Subject: Step-a-file Contest: <MONTH OF CONTEST>

Nickname: <yournamehere>
Reddit: u/yourredditnamehere
Song:
Artist:
Difficulties:
Scroll gimmicks: Yes/No
Double/Couple: Yes/No
Full song: Yes/No

BONUS POINTS:

More than 1 difficulty will provide you with more chances to win as not everyone is an expert.

Gimmick steps are encouraged for me as that is something that I love, that’s bonus points for me anyways, there might be an extra reward for the best gimmick steps

Doubles and couples charts are very much welcome!

Rewards:

The highest voted stepfile for each song will receive a random steam key.

You are able to win this 3 times

After the top 3 have been voted, there will then be another week long vote 1st – 7th of each month, the winner of the top 3 will get a 50.00 Amazon gift card.

From that, there will be another week long voting process that the winner of that will win a 100.00 Amazon gift card.

I didn't think about this earlier, thanks to u/uncivilizedengineer there will be 10.00 extra for doubles and 10.00 extra for couples. You can thank him/her

In theory, you could win everything…36 steam keys and 700.00 in Amazon Gift Cards, not bad if you ask me.

Currently seeking:

Graphic designer to make banners/graphics for social media platforms.

Video maker to construct an intro/outro video for Youtube and Twitch

Website designer to construct a website.

NOTE: I would like to hire people within the community that would actually enjoy what they are doing and do a great job at it. This is a paying gig, not a free thing, don’t worry. Please send inquiries in regards to pay to sdg.strider@gmail.com

Songs for May:

1. Genre: Hardstyle

Song: One

Artist: Wildstylez feat. E-Life & Noah Jacobs

Youtube Link: watch?v=YnMx2_M9Vk4

2. Genre: Rock/Metal

Song: Heart On

Artist: Celldweller

YouTube link: watch?v=ARr9XOGmkdo

3. Genre: House/Electro

Song: Dope

Artist: Rainman

Youtube Link: watch?v=E_Tqc1KoImQ

tldr; make steps, earn prizes, have fun!

To Admins: If this post is not acceptable, please let me know, if I need to adjust/add/remove specific things, please let me know.
striderstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-4-2018, 10:16 AM   #2
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Step-a-file Contest (Pad Steps)

Hey I remember this post from Reddit.

Still a dope idea!
Old 05-4-2018, 10:18 AM   #3
striderstone
FFR Player

Default Re: Step-a-file Contest (Pad Steps)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
Hey I remember this post from Reddit.

Still a dope idea!
I didn't think this forum was still active, or I would have posted it here first!

Only a handfull of people have participated so far, I assume that's because it's still early o in the month, but I am not sure how much activity it will gather. I just figured I would spread the word where I can.
striderstone is offline   Reply With Quote