Old 11-12-2016, 11:08 PM   #1321
andy-o24
Private Messages, please.
FFR Veteran
 
andy-o24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Central Indiana
Age: 26
Posts: 1,507
Send a message via Skype™ to andy-o24
Default Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread

Haven't really taken the time to read Haku yet, MML. That'll come eventually. This game is mentally exhausting.

-o24
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
Best strat: enjoy the game, play what you feel like when you feel like it. Don't think about what you are doing or why, enjoy the gameplay, the artistry behind the stepfile, and enjoy the music.

When the game isn't fun for you anymore, take a break. It's not a job, nobody here is professional and getting paid to play and force themselves to constantly improve... it's a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiro View Post
Yeah, FFR is addicting...I don't think I'll get bored with this game unless I somehow become the best at it, which won't happen.
andy-o24 is offline  
Old 11-12-2016, 11:11 PM   #1322
danceflashrevo
scumfan is scared of aa
FFR Veteran
 
danceflashrevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 481
Default Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread

Quote:
First off, that's bullshit and you know it. He's piss easy to read.
I disagree but good for you I guess. @ soda: that looks really neat is it regional because I've never seen it o: @ reads: yeah d/w i'm still awake for the night. i need dinner #2 anyways because they had no rice and not much orange chicken left at panda ;;
__________________

Why are you here?
danceflashrevo is offline  
Old 11-12-2016, 11:24 PM   #1323
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author
 
MixMasterLar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Emerald Coast
Posts: 5,068
Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy-o24 View Post
Haven't really taken the time to read Haku yet, MML. That'll come eventually. This game is mentally exhausting.

-o24
Have you not been following the thread?
Did you seriously go up to bat for someone you hadn't "taken the time to read" yet?

Game is really exhausting though. Wouldn't be satisfying if it wasn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceflashrevo View Post
I disagree but good for you I guess. @ soda: that looks really neat is it regional because I've never seen it o: @ reads: yeah d/w i'm still awake for the night. i need dinner #2 anyways because they had no rice and not much orange chicken left at panda ;;
It's all up and down the East Coast for sure. Past that, I don't know. It is a small company

I look forward to a reads list. Meanwhile I am going to step away from the game for awhile.
__________________

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter
I have a Let's Play Channel that I update weekly
(most of the time)
Subscribe and be a part of the fun!



Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
Achievement unlocked: reading the setup
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Mad Dummy (Neee) View Post
But, I mean, shado claimed to seer check his N0 on N4, so obvs there's some NEXT LEVEL SHIT going down..
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I have beat my meat to storn's posts no less than four times
.
MixMasterLar is offline  
Old 11-12-2016, 11:28 PM   #1324
andy-o24
Private Messages, please.
FFR Veteran
 
andy-o24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Central Indiana
Age: 26
Posts: 1,507
Send a message via Skype™ to andy-o24
Default Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread

If I hadn't been following the thread, I wouldn't have known Haku started posting with analysis instead of shitposts. What I meant was I hadn't really considered how to read Haku yet (scum, null, town). Classify is maybe better than read here?

-o24
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
Best strat: enjoy the game, play what you feel like when you feel like it. Don't think about what you are doing or why, enjoy the gameplay, the artistry behind the stepfile, and enjoy the music.

When the game isn't fun for you anymore, take a break. It's not a job, nobody here is professional and getting paid to play and force themselves to constantly improve... it's a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiro View Post
Yeah, FFR is addicting...I don't think I'll get bored with this game unless I somehow become the best at it, which won't happen.
andy-o24 is offline  
Old 11-12-2016, 11:48 PM   #1325
danceflashrevo
scumfan is scared of aa
FFR Veteran
 
danceflashrevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 481
Default Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread

Still rocking irrelevant stuff but I live in upstate South Carolina but haven't seen it :/
__________________

Why are you here?
danceflashrevo is offline  
Old 11-13-2016, 12:14 AM   #1326
Precarious
Unacceptable
FFR Veteran
 
Precarious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 201
Default Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread

Okay, finally caught up. I probably shouldn't have subbed in, because I started a new job this past week and my schedule has kind of been wrecked, but I'll make do. There's a lot of stuff that's happened today so far that's worth commenting on; I'll be posting on several things that caught my attention.
Precarious is offline  
Old 11-13-2016, 12:33 AM   #1327
danceflashrevo
scumfan is scared of aa
FFR Veteran
 
danceflashrevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 481
Default Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread

2) storn42 - Town.
3) Yoshl - The argument that I had with him was purely play style. I don't think he's indicative of anything from that. His actions in this game have seemed very townie because of the intent in the posts. He projects it very well.
4) wineandbread - I've liked his tone and his posts #901 and #1239. They seem pretty good, especially the second one. However he's been quieter than I would've expected but I'd still give him a pass. Town.
5) roundbox - Null. Quiet.
6) MixMasterLar - I feel like you might be scummy because of #1269. Your interactions with both andy and haku were poor in my opinion. The one to haku because you jumped so quickly to "is the gamble that you're voting for your partner?" and to andy because I feel like he's fishing for a newer player to say something that he might not perceive as scummy and then everyone jumps on his ass for it. Plus I feel like your reaction was a little exaggerated to the fact that AA died. Then I think about aggression but I feel like you're pretty outgoing in general so I wouldn't be shocked if this was your wolf game.
7) XelNya - His EoD was pretty good, he definitely gets a pass for now.
8) Precarious - Null. Quiet.
9) Vendetta21 - Null. Quiet.
10) Hakulyte - Null because I can't read you. Initially I town read you but your most recent interactions and posts have been kinda awkward in my opinion. One thing sticking out to me being the Pazzaz thing, but I could understand why you might perceive the roll to be potentially scum.
12) ShadoWolfe - Voices initial concern on haku on #1167 but brushes it off as a sleepy haku. I really don't like the progression here though. Then the tipping point for him to finally vote comes on when Haku said nice timing. I feel like there must've been a better post to do that on? Idk it just reads very weird and not town to me.
13) Pazzaz - Town. I believe his claim, and I believe he's town sided.
15) Andy-o24 - Was town for d0, then now he's posting kinda strangely, such as the WIFOM post #1169. However, through his and MML's interactions I don't think it's w/w and it's more probable in my mind for mml to be the wolf.
16) gold stinger - Town, I liked his reads list, nothing has made me change my initial belief of him being town.
17) inDheart - Null because he's still catching up. I don't really think any of his interactions have been indicative of anything but once he catches up I'm sure I'll have a better impression.
19) _Zenith_ - Null. Haven't seen to much to decide yet.
20) Tokzic - Null. Quiet.
__________________

Why are you here?
danceflashrevo is offline  
Old 11-13-2016, 12:33 AM   #1328
danceflashrevo
scumfan is scared of aa
FFR Veteran
 
danceflashrevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 481
Default Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread

Ew that was formatted like garbage mb lol
__________________

Why are you here?
danceflashrevo is offline  
Old 11-13-2016, 12:35 AM   #1329
andy-o24
Private Messages, please.
FFR Veteran
 
andy-o24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Central Indiana
Age: 26
Posts: 1,507
Send a message via Skype™ to andy-o24
Default Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread

> Go Advanced
> Preview Post
> Good. Hot.
> ????
> Profit

-o24
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
Best strat: enjoy the game, play what you feel like when you feel like it. Don't think about what you are doing or why, enjoy the gameplay, the artistry behind the stepfile, and enjoy the music.

When the game isn't fun for you anymore, take a break. It's not a job, nobody here is professional and getting paid to play and force themselves to constantly improve... it's a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiro View Post
Yeah, FFR is addicting...I don't think I'll get bored with this game unless I somehow become the best at it, which won't happen.
andy-o24 is offline  
Old 11-13-2016, 12:36 AM   #1330
Precarious
Unacceptable
FFR Veteran
 
Precarious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 201
Default Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazzaz View Post
Ok, I've been thinking about the consequences of what I'm about to say, I hope this provides clarity. I thought about keeping this a secret but I will have to say this before the EOD incase I die so here's the truth.
I couldn't speak D0 but instead I received the ability to switch the positions of two people at the beginning of N1. I switched AragakiAyase and Charu. This is why several people reacted weird, they thought AA was gonna die or atleast not that Charu was gonna die. So if I die as town, AA is confirmed town (or the wolves tried to kill one of their own lol).

TL;DR AragakiAyase IS CONFIRMED TOWN FOR ME


From now on I'm normal townie and will be scumhunting. I'll post my thoughts about everyone later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazzaz View Post
No not really, that was not why I chose him. Yes, choosing a scum and a townie and the scum then dying would have been good but the chances for that happening would be pretty low. If I choose two people who are probably townies, if one of them die then I'll know the other is a townie too. I didn't want to throw my ability way and have it not affecting anything.
Not enough attention has been paid to this. I mean, people are using this as a basis to semi-clear Paz, but his initial point raised a topic that's worth investigating further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazzaz View Post
This is why several people reacted weird, they thought AA was gonna die or atleast not that Charu was gonna die.
First off, this is stated way too definitively; if Pazzaz's role is (was) really to switch effects on N1, he shouldn't actually know this. But assuming it's just awkwardly phrased and it's just what he thinks, it instead raises an important point. There were several people who were really surprised that Charu was nightkilled--if this was because Charu died when AA was targeted (and this is reinforced by the daykill today), then that surprise is fundamentally suspicious, because it links those people to the kill. Lots of people get nightkilled for a variety of reasons, so the outcry makes more sense if those people knew Charu shouldn't have died. But the only people that could know that are are the killers themselves, Pazzaz, and potentially a watcher-type role if that exists in this game.

Having said that, there are a few problems with Pazzaz's logic, and I'm a little uncomfortable with how readily people have cleared him (although I lean toward him being town, since claim gambits tend to blow up, it's not really definitive imo). Basically, his town-town plan doesn't make a lot of sense. By his own claim, as far as I can tell, his role was enforced silence on D0 in exchange for being able to switch night effects on two players on N1. This doesn't give him any special insights or investigative information, so his plan suffers from the following problems:

Multiple people seemed to be town-reading AA strongly. This would have made AA a more likely night protection (again assuming that power exists in this game, but a doctor-type role is super standard) target. It's also not that unlikely that someone other than AA could have been targeted for a nightkill; while town reads might have made him the most likely target, the field overall still seems more likely. Pazzaz's logic seems to assume that AA (or perhaps Charu) would have been targeted, and while that's somewhat reasonable, it runs into the problem of why he chose Charu as the other player. This was supposedly so that the town-town effect would provide him with some information, but he only gets information if one of them dies. If that's the case, why not choose a potential wolf to receive the transferred deathblow? The payoff only makes sense if one expects Charu to be targeted (which would transfer death to AA), obtaining an unconfirmable town read at the expense of potentially killing a wolf. In any TWG/mafia game, town are always going to outnumber its antagonists to start. That's the basic premise of the game. As such, individual town reads aren't super useful (especially early on) in comparison to wolf reads or wolf kills. But his language choice acts as if getting a town clear was fait accompli, which again assumes information he shouldn't have.

In spite of the above, I'm still leaning town on Pazzaz, since claim gambits tend to blow up sooner or later, and his hasn't so far. But one way or another, the mechanics of his situation demand further consideration (especially since his roleclaim entailed a D0 post restriction, which if true suggests other posting modifiers may be in effect now or later).
Precarious is offline  
Old 11-13-2016, 12:54 AM   #1331
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player
 
ShadoWolfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: On a life-size Flat Earth model
Posts: 136
Default Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread



Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
You are actually very wrong about the tell. I wouldn't even go as far as to assume what the tell is without an explanation from either of us who know and noticed it.

That was bad from you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
The tell is the form of which Aryxi defends himself when pressured. He always uses the same manner, style, mannerisms, tone, and almost words when he's town-aligned and being attacked. It's such a bad tell and yet, it's been decisive so many times already for Aryxi that I'm able to say the slot (at that time because I have no idea what Haku is doing right now) was town-aligned.


Okay, Zenith and Haku, I've gone through every game Aryxi has ever played (thankfully he's a new player), hoping that you were right and that Aryxi would have a magic tell that would clear him, and therefore Haku, as town.

I ended up being disappointed, because there's nothing consistent in his responses that would justify your assertion that "He always uses the same manner, style, mannerisms, tone, and almost words when he's town-aligned and being attacked. It's such a bad tell and yet, it's been decisive so many times already for Aryxi that I'm able to say the slot (at that time because I have no idea what Haku is doing right now) was town-aligned."

Therefore, respectfully, I have to conclude that you were grossly exaggerating his "tell". Like I told Haku, the main similarity between this game and any of his town games is just the fact that he gave up and left after a push on him in both this game and the last game. When I said that to Haku, you said I was wrong about the "tell" and that I should have asked one of the two people who saw it. I Since you didn't respond to my request that you pull up where AA originally mentioned the "tell", I'm going to go find it now myself. I hope you weren't lying about AA, because if his version of the tell is the same as mine then you will have my vote for lying and putting words in his mouth.


List of Aryxi's responses to attacks:

Turbo 4 (aka Aryxi's first game):
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.E. Aryxi View Post
DaBackpack
rude
Turbo 5:
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.E. Aryxi View Post
If you could elaborate on why you think I'm a wolf that'd be cool
Turbo 6:
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.E. Aryxi View Post
Huh?? Why do you dislike me? I was going to vote haku just out on a hunch but got preoccupied and i ended up missing eod
Turbo 7:

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.E. Aryxi View Post
Nice meme but it's a lame one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.E. Aryxi View Post
There's nothing that sticks out to me in said chaos for me to try to pick something out, which is why I didn't say anything. If there is nothing that sticks out to me then it is unnecessary to say anything at all. Nice meme.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.E. Aryxi View Post
Eh, i'm going to get lynched d0 again so Ima just leave for the night. Night all.

This game:
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.E. Aryxi View Post
Another mislynch if more votes are placed on me but whatever mang
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.E. Aryxi View Post
Sorry to keep you in hold homie but i promise to have a full detailed post explaining my reasons for the previous posts. I need just need some rest and after I'm off tomorrow I'll have my post up as promised. This game requires alot of energy i don't normally have

He responds as differently as you could expect from the same person. Nothing in his "style" or "mannerisms" is identical. So much for that. On a different note, I never realized how little Aryxi posts in this games. Finding these was easier than I thought. If anyone wants to confirm that these were, in fact, his responses and that I'm not nitpicking or altering them at all, please simply click on the arrow next to the relevant quote and read the context.
__________________





Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
ShadoWolfe is offline  
Old 11-13-2016, 12:55 AM   #1332
Precarious
Unacceptable
FFR Veteran
 
Precarious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 201
Default Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Ike View Post
AragakiAyase was discovered dead, with a single arrow lodged between their eyes.

AragakiAyase's Role PM is as follows:

AragakiAyase, you are Rolf. You are a child who has joined the Greil Mercenaries as a budding Archer. Your inexperience often shows, both in camp as well as on the battlefield.
You are too young to know much, and are vanilla town.
Not included in initial PM: Rolf has a Loved Modifier.
Several things here. Does "Not included in initial PM" mean AA was unaware of his own modifier? If this is the case, then there may be personal and global effects that we're not aware of. Not much that can be done about that, but it's worth keeping in the back of our minds.

More to the point: it's highly likely that AA was killed by a wolf (although this speaks to the inexperience of the wolves if so; a wolf daykill is more dangerous if saved, as it can collapse a LYLO situation into an instant loss). Now, while dayvig roles are fairly common (at least in other mafia communities, I can't speak for custom here), wolf daykills are much rarer, and anonymous wolf daykills are unheard of (precisely because they're so powerful and balance-breaking). That suggests that an item was used, and as has been pointed out, item sharing and corpse looting are not in effect. It's possible that this was planned, then, but given the Paz claim, it's likely that the wolves were caught off guard by the lack of an AA death. That means AA's content on both days (but especially today) probably points to a wolf or wolves.

There is one other possibility, though. Can a vanilla town player still have an item? It's worth noting that AA was an archer, and died via an arrow shot. I would argue it's possible that he was otherwise vanilla, but possessed a shot that somehow was reflected back at him, either by item or ability (I'm not familiar enough with FE to identify a cross-mechanic for this--a physical shield? A reflect spell?).
Precarious is offline  
Old 11-13-2016, 01:19 AM   #1333
storn42
RIP Storn D0-D0
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
storn42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 571
Default Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread

I dont think the idea of a gunsmith is that far off... if I'm remembering correctly the gunsmith gives someone a gun and that person got to shoot someone ant any point in time. That means if we have a gunsmith claim we know that the person he gave the gun to is likely a woof. So here is my crazy plan. The gunsmith claims, we lynch the gunsmith after he tells us who the woof he gave the gun to is.

Btw this plan is probably overtly stupid in some way so you know.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
"I think storn is town but he doesn't have a shirt on" - Roundbox
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I have beat my meat to storn's posts no less than four times


Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post


storn42 is offline  
Old 11-13-2016, 01:25 AM   #1334
Precarious
Unacceptable
FFR Veteran
 
Precarious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 201
Default Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread

Quick gut reads:

YoshL is town. His play is both thoughtfully aggressive and actually considers the game. The latter is hard to do honestly if you're playing an aggressive wolf.

Andy feels wolfish to me. Way too many red flags, and his tone/style of play seems to jump around too much.

Shadow is town, if only because I have trouble imagining a wolf pouring through that many older games.

Zodiac feels town. Weird absence early, but his play since appearing reminds me too much of his previous game.

Xel seems town after EoD.

One of Haku and MML is a probably a wolf, given the antagonism, although a town-town fight is possible.

DFR is likely a wolf, given the weird game to this point and AA dying soon after pushing for DFR pressure.

***

Better reads based off of more than instinct will come after I get some sleep.
Precarious is offline  
Old 11-13-2016, 01:28 AM   #1335
Precarious
Unacceptable
FFR Veteran
 
Precarious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 201
Default Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by storn42 View Post
I dont think the idea of a gunsmith is that far off... if I'm remembering correctly the gunsmith gives someone a gun and that person got to shoot someone ant any point in time. That means if we have a gunsmith claim we know that the person he gave the gun to is likely a woof. So here is my crazy plan. The gunsmith claims, we lynch the gunsmith after he tells us who the woof he gave the gun to is.

Btw this plan is probably overtly stupid in some way so you know.
A gunsmith/gift giver/whatever type role seems like it would clash with the (Items cannot be passed from one player to another) clarification in the OP, although it's possible that just refers to starting items and not to gifted items if a such a role exists.
Precarious is offline  
Old 11-13-2016, 01:32 AM   #1336
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player
 
ShadoWolfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: On a life-size Flat Earth model
Posts: 136
Default Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread

OH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
Might as well say it now but Aryxi had a tell.

It was bad mind you, but it was still a tell.

Too lazy to bring up the post right now but I'll fish for it later; had something to do with being a defeatist and rolling with some accusation or another that usually signs him as a poor VT or something. This might not make sense but there's something I remember from earlier while skimming.
^^^^^^^makes no mention of identical posting styles in Aryxi, mentions the tell as being that Aryxi "rolls" when accused.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
This was AA's response on Aryxi's tell (being a defeatist who rolls with some accusation on him):
Quote:
Originally Posted by AragakiAyase View Post
I saw that too but I don't want to encourage that behavior, I want him to give reads/respond to pressure on him
My response on his tell (this is all after he gave up, then promised to address my points when I told him not to give up and leave, but before he actually replaced out):
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
On Aryxi, yeah I saw that "tell" but didnt really buy into it too much because he's definitely aware of his response to pressure as town, because he pulled that shit just last game. I think it'd be just as easy for him to do it as wolf as town, because of how recent it was that he last did it and given that it's unlikely to have slipped his after how much he was lambasted for it. Either way, he did promise to come back and explain where he was coming from, so I'm curious to see how that plays out.
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
fast forward to present day
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
AA and Zenith found a tell about Aryxi that makes him highly likely to be town. I know his alignment because I'm replacing him.

I can confirm that he's right. I don't think he would go as far as creating fake town tells. That doesn't make him confirmed, but that makes him as the top of my town leans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
That "tell" is that he left under pressure, which is part of Aryxi's town meta as of last game. Except, that isn't alignment-indicative. He could have just as easily left under pressure as wolf as he would under town. You're really trying to clear yourself based on being replaced in, and clearing Zenith for noting that town-Aryxi folds under pressure?

If you are town, that's still not a good reason to clear Zenith.
vvvvvvvvvvvvv
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
You are actually very wrong about the tell. I wouldn't even go as far as to assume what the tell is without an explanation from either of us who know and noticed it.

That was bad from you.
Uhm, what?! So aside from me being one of the ones who "know and noticed it", my post about the "tell" is more similar to your initial stance on it then your own!
vvvvvvvvv
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
The tell is the form of which Aryxi defends himself when pressured. He always uses the same manner, style, mannerisms, tone, and almost words when he's town-aligned and being attacked. It's such a bad tell and yet, it's been decisive so many times already for Aryxi that I'm able to say the slot (at that time because I have no idea what Haku is doing right now) was town-aligned.
......???????
How is this congruent with your initial post about the tell? You're literally changing it up after saying I was wrong. Why? And why do this all to defend Haku?
Also, why is this your only real contribution today?
I re-examined your posts for today and your comeback to thread was mostly filled with reactionary observations, rather than any actual digging. I'm really not liking you now, because you seem to only chime in when you can without actually scumhunting, which reads to me as a wolf trying to look like he's contributing without actually doing any hunting.

Zenith.
__________________





Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
ShadoWolfe is offline  
Old 11-13-2016, 01:39 AM   #1337
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player
 
ShadoWolfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: On a life-size Flat Earth model
Posts: 136
Default Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precarious View Post
Can a vanilla town player still have an item? It's worth noting that AA was an archer, and died via an arrow shot. I would argue it's possible that he was otherwise vanilla, but possessed a shot that somehow was reflected back at him, either by item or ability (I'm not familiar enough with FE to identify a cross-mechanic for this--a physical shield? A reflect spell?).
^this is actually a really good question and observation. I had thought about AA's role being a novice archer that always messes up, and noticed that he got hit with an arrow, so I was wondering if he somehow shot himself, but it says he's vanilla town so I dropped it. If a vanilla town player can have an item, then this would be a good explanation for the shot and its timing. I assume if there are shootable items, then there are probably also be items that reflect shots back onto the shooter. I wonder if sunfan would answer this for us.

@TWG Ike, you said that no roles will flip as something other than what they are. Can a role that flips as vanilla town still possess an item?
__________________





Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
ShadoWolfe is offline  
Old 11-13-2016, 01:43 AM   #1338
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player
 
ShadoWolfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: On a life-size Flat Earth model
Posts: 136
Default Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by storn42 View Post
I dont think the idea of a gunsmith is that far off... if I'm remembering correctly the gunsmith gives someone a gun and that person got to shoot someone ant any point in time. That means if we have a gunsmith claim we know that the person he gave the gun to is likely a woof. So here is my crazy plan. The gunsmith claims, we lynch the gunsmith after he tells us who the woof he gave the gun to is.

Btw this plan is probably overtly stupid in some way so you know.
Explain to me why we would lynch the gunsmith after he tells us who the woof he gunned is? Why wouldn't we lynch the woof directly?

Other than that, this plan is actually pretty good. If there's a gunsmith, I agree that they should out the name of the person they gunned.
__________________





Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
ShadoWolfe is offline  
Old 11-13-2016, 01:48 AM   #1339
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player
 
ShadoWolfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: On a life-size Flat Earth model
Posts: 136
Default Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
Explain to me why we would lynch the gunsmith after he tells us who the woof he gunned is? Why wouldn't we lynch the woof directly?

Other than that, this plan is actually pretty good. If there's a gunsmith, I agree that they should out the name of the person they gunned.
Actually, I take this back. If a wolf fakeclaims, and we kill the person they said they gunned, then we'd lose a phase that we could've lynched in, as well as the nightkill victim(s), all for one guaranteed wolf the next phase. I don't think that trade is really worth it.

If there's a gunsmith, please don't claim
__________________





Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
ShadoWolfe is offline  
Old 11-13-2016, 02:04 AM   #1340
Hakulyte
FFR & TWG Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran
 
Hakulyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,125
Default Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread

Well, you did it Shadow, I don't understand where you're going anymore.
Hakulyte is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution