Old 08-11-2020, 12:10 AM   #41
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator
 
mellonxcollie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Confirmed.
Age: 29
Posts: 1,644
Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie
Default Re: Social Media Drama

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
Pop music is a thing.
depending on the artist, pop music is made by some of the most brilliant artists and producers in the world but o fucking k lmao
__________________
Follow my dog on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Riles_puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected
mellonxcollie is offline  
Old 08-11-2020, 12:12 AM   #42
radioamor
FFR Player
 
radioamor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 18
Default Re: Social Media Drama

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
Pop music is a thing.
I am really in awe that you have taken such a hackneyed, boring stance and have assumed it in the most obnoxiously self-congratulatory way imaginable.
radioamor is offline  
Old 08-11-2020, 02:29 AM   #43
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 26
Posts: 370
Default Re: Social Media Drama

kill all humans tbh
if we don't like it after we do it, lets just undo it
sound good?
__________________
TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
the sun fan is offline  
Old 08-11-2020, 06:08 AM   #44
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran
 
Funnygurl555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 23
Posts: 2,136
Default Re: Social Media Drama

y'all don't gotta personally attack xel for disliking a genre of music that ain't nice
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
is funny eaman?
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)


Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
Heh never underestimate the power of free time
boredom
wanting to get to know you all
true love
a sense of community
blackmail
weekend warriors
my desire to know everyone's dirty lil secrets


our mutual desire to be funny bois and gurls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
There comes a point where we have to ask our selves, "do we really want to deal with that, desperate as we are?"

I think we can all agree on the answer, yeah?
Funnygurl555 is offline  
Old 08-11-2020, 09:12 AM   #45
choof
youtu.be/sM5hlrkaPSo
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
choof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 8,028
Default Re: Social Media Drama

ya because he didn't totally imply that people who listen to pop music are idiots
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynam0 View Post
I'm a dark giraffe in this maniera
choof is offline  
Old 08-11-2020, 09:37 AM   #46
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran
 
Funnygurl555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 23
Posts: 2,136
Default Re: Social Media Drama

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
ya because he didn't totally imply that people who listen to pop music are idiots
and walrusizer did the same with people who watched Leafy's vids
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
is funny eaman?
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)


Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
Heh never underestimate the power of free time
boredom
wanting to get to know you all
true love
a sense of community
blackmail
weekend warriors
my desire to know everyone's dirty lil secrets


our mutual desire to be funny bois and gurls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
There comes a point where we have to ask our selves, "do we really want to deal with that, desperate as we are?"

I think we can all agree on the answer, yeah?
Funnygurl555 is offline  
Old 08-11-2020, 12:59 PM   #47
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author
 
MixMasterLar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Emerald Coast
Posts: 5,070
Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: Social Media Drama

__________________

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter
I have a Let's Play Channel that I update weekly
(most of the time)
Subscribe and be a part of the fun!



Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
Achievement unlocked: reading the setup
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Mad Dummy (Neee) View Post
But, I mean, shado claimed to seer check his N0 on N4, so obvs there's some NEXT LEVEL SHIT going down..
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I have beat my meat to storn's posts no less than four times
.
MixMasterLar is offline  
Old 08-11-2020, 01:34 PM   #48
Walrusizer
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
Walrusizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,049
Send a message via Skype™ to Walrusizer
Default Re: Social Media Drama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
and walrusizer did the same with people who watched Leafy's vids
Damn, what's next, I'm going to call flat earthers dumb? That was very rude of me, I deeply apologize. Mr 'haha simp and she's ugly xDDDD' and 'tweeting the f slur in 2020 is super le xd edgy triggering ppl is funny!!!' is truly the pinnacle of modern intellect and I would never dare disrespect him again.
__________________
is expressing my inability to create a creative signature an act of creativity in and of itself?
Walrusizer is offline  
Old 08-11-2020, 02:30 PM   #49
choof
youtu.be/sM5hlrkaPSo
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
choof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 8,028
Default Re: Social Media Drama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
and walrusizer did the same with people who watched Leafy's vids
have you seen a leafy vid lol
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynam0 View Post
I'm a dark giraffe in this maniera
choof is offline  
Old 08-11-2020, 02:35 PM   #50
choof
youtu.be/sM5hlrkaPSo
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
choof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 8,028
Default Re: Social Media Drama

the kinds of ppl who engage with content creators like leafy and keemstar and seek to emulate the kind of shit they do are more easily painted with a brush than ppl who listen to pop music imo. the breadth of the pop music spectrum is far more nuanced and interesting than any one of leafy's videos where he bullies an autistic kid and sends his droves of fans to their page so they can push the target to the verge of suicide (this actually happened)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynam0 View Post
I'm a dark giraffe in this maniera

Last edited by choof; 08-11-2020 at 02:37 PM..
choof is offline  
Old 08-11-2020, 02:49 PM   #51
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran
 
Funnygurl555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 23
Posts: 2,136
Default Re: Social Media Drama

i dont wanna do this guys

just be nice
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
is funny eaman?
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)


Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
Heh never underestimate the power of free time
boredom
wanting to get to know you all
true love
a sense of community
blackmail
weekend warriors
my desire to know everyone's dirty lil secrets


our mutual desire to be funny bois and gurls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
There comes a point where we have to ask our selves, "do we really want to deal with that, desperate as we are?"

I think we can all agree on the answer, yeah?
Funnygurl555 is offline  
Old 08-11-2020, 03:59 PM   #52
choof
youtu.be/sM5hlrkaPSo
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
choof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 8,028
Default Re: Social Media Drama

just rubs me the wrong way when musically inept idiots spout off on some bullshit
but hey, I guess it isn't as egregiously moronic as that rap is technically music thread

"just be nice" can be said to anyone actively watching content from a dude like leafy lmao
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynam0 View Post
I'm a dark giraffe in this maniera

Last edited by choof; 08-11-2020 at 04:02 PM..
choof is offline  
Old 08-11-2020, 07:03 PM   #53
XelNya
xX[madnight}xX
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
XelNya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,837
Default Re: Social Media Drama

Quote:
Originally Posted by loftyb View Post
ok
Bloom Into You is a great manga, I strongly recommend it.
I'm not kidding, genuinely love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellonxcollie View Post
depending on the artist, pop music is made by some of the most brilliant artists and producers in the world but o fucking k lmao
Sure, but the majority of it is vapid and empty, and just there to sell to some people who will consume it because it's catchy. I'd even agree that the ones that are empty like that, are still made by brilliant artists and producers, but I'd still hold them to the same level most people would hold a Keemstar Drama Alert video. Which is the point of the remark.

I really didn't think I needed to spell that out for anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioamor View Post
I am really in awe that you have taken such a hackneyed, boring stance and have assumed it in the most obnoxiously self-congratulatory way imaginable.
I'm in awe, of how much you missed the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
y'all don't gotta personally attack xel for disliking a genre of music that ain't nice
For a sarcastic one-liner it should have got the point across.

As for the personal attack thing I really wanna say - I set myself up for that recently - but it totally makes them look like they can't hold a discussion with me, and that would be worse, if you asked me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
ya because he didn't totally imply that people who listen to pop music are idiots
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
and walrusizer did the same with people who watched Leafy's vids
FG pretty much sumerized my direct thoughts, but because we're going there.

Hey Choof, let me tell you something. You said this to me recently, and I think the advice is more fitting for yourself at the moment.

Find a better hill to die on, a sarcastic one-liner about Pop music isn't a good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
the kinds of ppl who engage with content creators like leafy and keemstar and seek to emulate the kind of shit they do are more easily painted with a brush than ppl who listen to pop music imo. the breadth of the pop music spectrum is far more nuanced and interesting than any one of leafy's videos where he bullies an autistic kid and sends his droves of fans to their page so they can push the target to the verge of suicide (this actually happened)
I can't say I agree completely with you, but I could acknowledge you have a point, though I am going to ask you cite the video in specific so I can check to see if you're correct about him telling the fans to go harass people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
i dont wanna do this guys

just be nice
I gotta give them their "L" first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
just rubs me the wrong way when musically inept idiots spout off on some bullshit
but hey, I guess it isn't as egregiously moronic as that rap is technically music thread
I didn't spout some bullshit, I made a sarcastic remark about putting Pop music and Drama Alert & Leafy content on the same level. It's fine if you disagree. That's why it's a discussion? Nothing I said was worse than what DBP said about Keemstar. I didn't even say I hated Pop music.
__________________
~Working on a pack~
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFRImperfectProject View Post
Happy choking!
XelNya is offline  
Old 08-11-2020, 07:26 PM   #54
choof
youtu.be/sM5hlrkaPSo
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
choof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 8,028
Default Re: Social Media Drama

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
Sure, but the majority of it is vapid and empty, and just there to sell to some people who will consume it because it's catchy.
this is such a reductionist take on what pop music actually is and is 100% indicative that you don't know how to actually engage with art. citation fucking needed br0o0o0o0



Quote:
I'd even agree that the ones that are empty like that, are still made by brilliant artists and producers, but I'd still hold them to the same level most people would hold a Keemstar Drama Alert video. Which is the point of the remark.
and this is 100% indicative that you don't know a single thing about what goes into music production.

Quote:
Hey Choof, let me tell you something. You said this to me recently, and I think the advice is more fitting for yourself at the moment.

Find a better hill to die on, a sarcastic one-liner about Pop music isn't a good one.
funny that you'd mention this because iirc I said "find a better hill to die on" in response to you
ahem

charting fucking freedom dive

which is incredibly ironic given that freedom dive has genuinely more views on youtube than some pop artists and bands that I could post



Quote:
I can't say I agree completely with you, but I could acknowledge you have a point, though I am going to ask you cite the video in specific so I can check to see if you're correct about him telling the fans to go harass people.
here's the first vid that's since been deleted since, you know, it made fun of an autistic kid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42Kq65Rid38

here's the kid's response
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24KR...ture=emb_title

here's leafy's """""apology"""""
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShbBDjQ7zpA




Quote:
I didn't spout some bullshit, I made a sarcastic remark about putting Pop music and Drama Alert & Leafy content on the same level. It's fine if you disagree. That's why it's a discussion? Nothing I said was worse than what DBP said about Keemstar. I didn't even say I hated Pop music.
you implied that pop music is for idiots
there are genuinely avant garde and forward thinking pop artists, in the mainstream, right now
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynam0 View Post
I'm a dark giraffe in this maniera
choof is offline  
Old 08-11-2020, 08:27 PM   #55
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator
 
mellonxcollie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Confirmed.
Age: 29
Posts: 1,644
Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie
Default Re: Social Media Drama

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
Sure, but the majority of it is vapid and empty, and just there to sell to some people who will consume it because it's catchy.
is it though...?

I listen to a lot of pop music and I hate ballads so almost every song I listen to is full of instrumentals, a good beat and either good lyrics or funny/hype lyrics. If anything it's the opposite of empty with crazy production values and tons of stuff going on

And it's no more vapid in it's lyrical content than any other genre. Love songs? Rock has tons of those. Party songs? tons of hip hop and edm party songs. Then there are tons of rock and rap songs that are just completely stupid or don't make any sense. but when you think of "rock" you don't think of "vapid love songs" even though there are a TON of sappy love and breakup rock songs across tons of genres of rock.

so why are these topics considered vapid when they're being sung by a pop singer? and why is that the first word that pops in your mind when thinking about pop music?

It's because things that are perceived as being enjoyed by girls and women are seen as being inherently more superficial than those enjoyed by boys and men. I'm not saying that you, yourself are being sexist but this is where the root of the societal disdain for pop music comes from at it's heart
__________________
Follow my dog on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Riles_puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected
mellonxcollie is offline  
Old 08-12-2020, 12:52 AM   #56
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
gold stinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 25
Posts: 5,405
Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger
Default Re: Social Media Drama

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
but hey, I guess it isn't as egregiously moronic as that rap is technically music thread
Extended Arguing In A Rhythm Game Forum Is Technically Social Media Drama

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
butts.



- Tosh 2014





Last edited by gold stinger; 08-12-2020 at 12:55 AM..
gold stinger is online now  
Old 08-12-2020, 01:49 AM   #57
choof
youtu.be/sM5hlrkaPSo
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
choof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 8,028
Default Re: Social Media Drama

i still stand by what i said about fighting the mod who banned xelnya
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynam0 View Post
I'm a dark giraffe in this maniera
choof is offline  
Old 08-12-2020, 08:07 AM   #58
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~
 
DaBackpack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: unlikely
Age: 27
Posts: 932
Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack
Default Re: Social Media Drama

pop music pales in comparison to the sonic cd ost
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
DaBackpack is offline  
Old 08-12-2020, 08:15 AM   #59
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author
 
MixMasterLar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Emerald Coast
Posts: 5,070
Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: Social Media Drama

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
i still stand by what i said about fighting the mod who banned xelnya
I'll hold my breath.
__________________

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter
I have a Let's Play Channel that I update weekly
(most of the time)
Subscribe and be a part of the fun!



Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
Achievement unlocked: reading the setup
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Mad Dummy (Neee) View Post
But, I mean, shado claimed to seer check his N0 on N4, so obvs there's some NEXT LEVEL SHIT going down..
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I have beat my meat to storn's posts no less than four times
.
MixMasterLar is offline  
Old 08-12-2020, 03:40 PM   #60
choof
youtu.be/sM5hlrkaPSo
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
choof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 8,028
Default Re: Social Media Drama

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
I'll hold my breath.
wat
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynam0 View Post
I'm a dark giraffe in this maniera
choof is offline  
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution