FFR Player

Default Re: Keyboardsmash Phase I: Legacy Submissions Open

I'll judge tomorrow.

Old 09-30-2014, 12:34 PM   #762
Rebirth0
FFR Originalbro
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Give me time. Got school shit. After today I'm free for a little bit so I can do something
Old 09-30-2014, 03:53 PM   #763
baq12
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

My computer is fixed. I have two files currently. Will probably send them later today when I get back to my dorm.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:29 AM   #764
Pompompulin
FFR Player

I sent a new simfile
please check.
Old 10-10-2014, 04:20 PM   #765
DefTeaMachine
beatboxing ninja hobo
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by James May View Post
I'll judge tomorrow.
ok.

SEND YOUR REJECTED FILES HERE

Play my (discontinued) game
Old 10-10-2014, 04:50 PM   #766
Darkbreezee
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Cant wait for it ...
Old 10-10-2014, 04:54 PM   #767
Rebirth0
FFR Originalbro

I intend to do something this weekend. Its one of my free weekends, which I don't get many of

Despite our, and my inactivity at times, this isn't going away. Nuclear Blast 5 took two years from start to finish, I don't mind this taking a year if it'll end up being a good pack. (Keep in mind it would only take this long from a lack of submissions or quality submissions. Before we started being inactive the submissions weren't very frequent anyway)

Last edited by Rebirth0; 10-10-2014 at 04:56 PM..
Old 10-16-2014, 07:07 AM   #768
James May
FFR Player

Hmm...

Old 10-17-2014, 07:30 PM   #769
Rebirth0
FFR Originalbro

Updated submissions list.

I'm going to require all judges to get caught up on judging by November 1. If you do not at least make an attempt at this, I will replace you.

We need to get this going again
Old 10-20-2014, 09:24 AM   #770
James May
FFR Player

k. will do.

Old 10-20-2014, 10:06 AM   #771
James May
FFR Player

Short notes because of Class Will continue tomorrow when I have more time

Pelican Moondance (Choof)
Beginner - Accept
Shit...this is brutal. Aside from clusterfuck of colours, if I didn't look at the cdtitle or who stepped it I would've thought ji stepped it for a second just by how many colours there were rofl.

Bleeding In The Rain (Rog)
Beginner - Accepted
Accurate chart, the 32nd jacks aren't that indicative of any difficulty issue as the solo compensates for it imo. Not sure how the others would see it but the file is fitting for the length and its pleasant to play albeit the solo is a bag of skittle lmao.

Super Hey Ya (MrTea)
Heavy - Accept
I kinda want to see an easier js file in here to be fair. Song is catchy and its not everyday where you get a simple js file that's not icyworldnbjs kind of stuff. Nothing too erroneous but the intro did make me lag a bit but that might be because of the bpm or the comp.

Shapeless Flower (Kaneh)
Offset is suppose to be 0.522

Oni - Rejected
The major qualm I have about this file is that the holds feel forced and disjointed, especially with the piano chords in the beginning. To be fair, just scrap the beginning freezes, rework on the swing because the swing usage feels off whenever I try to play it. In regards to the jumps, they just feel arbitrarily placed and unnatural to hit the anchored jumps, etc.

Space Travel (Porkypink)
Oni - Accept
Much better. The 16ths feels more natural to hit than the 24th trill.

Into The Battlefield (10Dollar)
Oni - Light Accept
Much better than your other files. My only qualm is that in the beginning when the violin plays, you can put mini-freezes on it to accentuate it. Of course, the transitions were alright. Nothing too shoddy, just clean up some of the stream patterns that can feel slightly disruptive. Consider it as a conditional.

Old 10-20-2014, 10:07 AM   #772
Rebirth0
FFR Originalbro

You're really the one I have to worry about the least, so you're good.
Old 10-20-2014, 11:36 AM   #773
Gundam-Dude
`~`

I'm already caught up with judging submissions aside from a couple new submissions (there's been like nothing in the email lately).

check the previous page for my notes because you probably missed it or something apparently

edit: I literally just checked the email and there are four files I need to look at and that's it.

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)

Last edited by Gundam-Dude; 10-20-2014 at 11:40 AM..
Old 10-20-2014, 06:47 PM   #774
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers

I stopped regularly checking for charts because I didn't see a lot of new submissions

I'll get the last couple done as soon as I can

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music
Old 10-29-2014, 04:25 AM   #775
Arntonach
Owlbears Rock!

I don't what'll happen first, this pack being released or the heat death of the universe. :l
Old 10-29-2014, 07:40 AM   #776
James May
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arntonach View Post
I don't what'll happen first, this pack being released or the heat death of the universe. :l
or both :U

Old 10-30-2014, 01:12 AM   #777
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers

caught up in reviews

(Velious) Hideout - Oh my god I missed you dude. Chart's pretty chill, but as you already have guessed, I'm not a fan of the 32nd jack. Aside from that I'm okay with it. Accepted

(Kaneh) Shapeless Flower - m19 the first blue note is a double, and I'm not sure why. This also continues on for the rest of the section. I guess all in all it's alright, but it just feels too plain and generic, and some of the early pattern choices had really weird pitch relevance. Rejected

(porkypink) Space Travel - Overall, a lot of the patterns have become more intense, but some small parts feel more cluttered. Personally, I liked the old 24th trills. The ending 8th patterns are sorta weird, I think I actually liked the old repeating pattern more. Still good though. Accepted

(bmah) ra'am - Nothing I can really pick out that's wrong with it. Jacks might be a little intense. Xmod gimmicks in the beginning aren't really fair. Even the "fair" ones are pretty intense. Nontheless, Accepted

(Ghakimx) Amatias - Uhhh, I don't recall what the old version was like but this one seems to be kinda unclean in certain sections. Some more cleaning up would be nice. Pending

(Antronach) Fantastic Theater - The very first hold in m3 is way too long/out of place. The note doesn't linger, it's almost staccato. Alternatively, the note after that could use some length.
When the beat comes in at m5, almost all of the 12th swing notes are wrong. They don't follow anything and the swing that is actually there is usually missed.
The patterns and pitch relevance starting at m13 is kinda poor. The rhythm isn't even right. There's another nuance you do correctly (most likely by accident) and break it later on. m13 the 24th note right before beat 4 is on the right hand, and the downbeat is on the left. This makes sense since there is syncopation in the melody. However, the same pattern at m17 breaks this rule, putting it on both hands, ignoring the syncopation entirely.
More holds that are too long, like at m18. More improperly placed swing notes. The rest of the chart is mostly a mess.
While the technical errors I don't mind skipping over on occasion, the problem here is that the overall flow is a awkward and choppy. In concept it could be really fun, but it's going to require a pretty heavy overhaul, and needs to pay a lot more attention to details. Rejected

(10Dollar) into the battlefield - I don't have any major problems with this, but I can visualize so many crazy counterpoint and layering techniques I could use here. Maybe it could use some more improvements, but that could just be the fact that seeing such high potential in this makes me raise my expectations. Oh well. Accepted

(Pompompulin) Shippu Jinrai - Uhhhh, there's a lot of crazy stuff going on here. There could be a lot of small improvements you can make to this chart, but I'm okay with how it is now. It's quite chaotic at times, but I think in a certain way it could be a fun climactic build-up. Accepted

(Antronach) FLUTE MAN - This one is not an easy song to chart. There's a lot of weird rhythms going on and the layering would most likely require a bit of finesse. The patterns you currently have are kind of awkward when there are long holds involved. Elsewhere, it feels a bit messy. Though to be fair, the sound is a bit muddy so it's difficult to distinguish what's happening. I don't think it feels tight enough at the moment but it's not a million miles away. Pending

As usual, if I missed anything, lemme know and I'll get to it. If anyone wants a full review, just say so.

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music

Last edited by stargroup100; 10-30-2014 at 01:13 AM..
Old 11-1-2014, 03:34 AM   #778
Rebirth0
FFR Originalbro

Updated all of the notes and submissions and everything. All I need to do is do my own notes

The only person who is 100% caught up is stargroup. Next is James May who has the 4 most recent files to play. Then we have a drop off from there. lurker, GD are a little behind but they made an attempt at working through things. I will have to replace kommisar though since he hasn't had any activity in months. Anyone interested in replacing him?

Since October 6, we have had one submission. Pretty bad turnout, however this is certainly also my fault for not keeping things updated at least biweekly. Hopefully since things are updated it will breathe a little life into the project

Last edited by Rebirth0; 11-1-2014 at 03:36 AM..
Old 11-1-2014, 04:13 AM   #779
leonid
I am leonid
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

well damn that's a pretty narrow acceptance rate

Proud member of Team No
Old 11-1-2014, 04:24 AM   #780
Rebirth0
FFR Originalbro

We've accepted close to 1/3 of the files with enough reivews on them. That's pretty high if you ask me

The 15 or so most recent submissions don't have enough judge reviews for decisions to be made yet
Closed Thread